ALL drops nerfed????

Options
justdax
justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I knew they were nerfing DQ to 1 coin for all of them, but all drops too???? Just got lvl 88 might ring drop -- NPC price 144 coin. Really??? and we cover repair costs how now??

Someone please tell me I'm missing something 'cuz i didnt see any coin rewards on dailies to cover costs. What's the point now?
Post edited by justdax on

Comments

• mechabeastmc666
    mechabeastmc666 Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    justdax wrote: »
    I knew they were nerfing DQ to 1 coin for all of them, but all drops too???? Just got lvl 88 might ring drop -- NPC price 144 coin. Really??? and we cover repair costs how now??

Someone please tell me I'm missing something 'cuz i didnt see any coin rewards on dailies to cover costs. What's the point now?
    i believe its an effort to stop the bots. I agree with it. Death to botting.
  • blondecherry
    blondecherry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How are we suppose to play? No coins for any drops? I am a cash shopper but I do expect to recieve some coins in the game for repairs and such. I will NOT put any more real money in this game, if this is the way it will stay. How to make money now "in game"? Plz post cuase I will go broke at this rate.b:surrender
  • Sardior - Raging Tide
    Sardior - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    oh no what will we ever do now that drops have had their npc value nerfed oh wait i know, we do what people used to do for coin pre botting
  • blondecherry
    blondecherry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    oh no what will we ever do now that drops have had their npc value nerfed oh wait i know, we do what people used to do for coin pre botting

and that is? Plz enlighten us?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you guys are botting...are you doing it on mobs inappropriate for your class or level?

I'm still botting my main for exp and he's getting enough in coin drops and other stackables to offset repairs with some leftover for profit. I'm not making the huge amounts I once was with DQ, but definitely not going in the hole.
  • justdax
    justdax Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't bot - i'm in the "death to botters" camp personally. But I do try to get dailies done every day - base mobs, morai's -- and the drops are little to nothing. Squad with anyone for mobs and even coin drops are maybe 100 coins per mob - if you're lucky. So 15 base mobs is maybe 1500 coin total. Anything other than an arcane can't repair on that and arcanes may have a tough time in R999999999 gear which costs a fortune to repair.

And, I'm sorry, but pre-botting people used drops for coin regularly. At high levels there aren't nearly enough quests to provide any significant coin and any that are repeatable, like dailies, don't give coin rewards.

I'm just trying to figure out what's expected now - nerfing everything doesn't seem to be the answer, in my personal opinion.
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    Gnarrr - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I agree with you, I just spent 2 hrs botting, sold less than 10k drops and had repairs of over 29k.

I feel your pain.

Don't expect any support here in the forum as most of the people who post already have their gears and are quick to tell you what a fool you are to complain. The reason is it doesn't affect them personally so we are just too dumb to play.

PWI put the botting in place to make it seem to us farm to play players that we have a chance to farm gears and compete, and when it looks like it might actually work, they take all the profit away.

And what is really sad is they give us an orb to immediately level a toon to 95 so we can buy the gears for that toon too. How sad is that?
  • laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its pay to play might as well put up a monthly subscription sense pwi has become so greedyb:surrender
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you guys are botting...are you doing it on mobs inappropriate for your class or level?

I'm still botting my main for exp and he's getting enough in coin drops and other stackables to offset repairs with some leftover for profit. I'm not making the huge amounts I once was with DQ, but definitely not going in the hole.

In that case....we should reduce all drops to 1 coin. Bots need to die.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • reaperarm1
    reaperarm1 Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This will cause deflation of the economy in a bad way imo. Before botting most the coin was still generated from dq and gear drops people got grinding. If you take that away it leaves very few sources of coin to infuse into the economy. Off hand I can think of only a few, cashing in perfect token of luck for a big note, lvl 100 bh rewards, the paltry amount of coins quests give and jolly jones quests. I'm sure there's more i'm missing.

Honestly I think nerfing the gear and coin drops was a bit overkill but only time will tell if this is healthy for the game economy or not.b:surrender
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Get a load of this guyb:laugh

are u dumb? ppl sold DQ and items during pre-botting timesb:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • Sardior - Raging Tide
    Sardior - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    am i dumb? no do i know how to make money ingame other than selling dqs? yes. is their other ways to make money ingame rather than sell dqs and npc drops you get from grinding hell yes. imo anybody saying that botting dqs was their main source of coin are the dumb ones.
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    am i dumb? no do i know how to make money ingame other than selling dqs? yes. is their other ways to make money ingame rather than sell dqs and npc drops you get from grinding hell yes. imo anybody saying that botting dqs was their main source of coin are the dumb ones.

the reason most of us are upset by this is because alot of us use DQs and drops for repairs and profit.

most people arent cashopers or buyers and sellers with their 24hr catshops

b:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:laugh ummmm there is but dq gave you some earn time left to enjoy the day and enjoy this game.

Is there ways to earn money yes they just all suck kinda like certain people who are ra 100+ that can afford to ws tt and solo it and think that the majority of players are op like them b:chuckle

No no longer pay to win but now pay to play get use to it none of you can do anything about it pwi has become like real life open your wallets time wonder if they take organs soon they will be doing personal bank loans for in game stuff with 30 percent interestb:surrender

If i give you my passed alway grand mothers gold fillings can i get my gear fixed
  • aminax
    aminax Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot what mobs drop concentrated glue in the new update?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aminax wrote: »
    SweetieBot what mobs drop concentrated glue in the new update?
    What mobile robots understand the garden?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot how unplayable is this game?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    laiwaisan wrote: »
    SweetieBot how unplayable is this game?
    Shall I tell you something about games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Gnarrr - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't expect any support here in the forum as most of the people who post already have their gears and are quick to tell you what a fool you are to complain. The reason is it doesn't affect them personally so we are just too dumb to play.

llike i said in my earlier post.

I'm really surprised only one said we were dumb this time.

So I guess if you're gonna be stupid, you gotta be toughb:chuckle
  • laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot how affordable is this game
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot how affordable is this game
    Shall I tell you something about games?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• laiwaisan
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot which is better coke or Pepsi ?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot which is better coke or Pepsi ?
    It depends on the circumstances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ironknight
    ironknight Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Do you realize how long it will take for prices to go down: um years with the amount of coin in game. Gold on HT is 4mi ish. It's like the great depression. A more viable solution would be some kind of "money sink", that would burn a metric ** ton of coin.

Do you even realize that people DO NOT follow the rules and BOT many many accounts ALL the time?

Complaining about repair cost is like wondering where you misplaced those pennies, go claim some JJ orders or something/do JJ quest. I do (claim) on 41-80 alts (two account only) more then enough to cover repair.

I realize the fact that there is no way to actively make coin other then BH/JJ, but fact still remains: plenty of coin in game already to move around/burn.

• Gnarrr - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Ummmm I think u miss the point of his complaint.

Even tho he didn't outright say it I understood the problem I think. The problem isn't so much not being able to make repairs as much as not being able to improve gears.

No need to farm, grind, bot, etc if you're not trying to improve your toon.

If all I was worried about was repairing gears, I would just park my toons at Jolly ole Jones and gather coin.

However, on Sanctuary server gold goes for 4.5 - 5m and GSTs are usually @14m. Thats lots of days not being able to play.

As far as some sucessfull player giving you a few million out of the goodness of their hearts is slim to none.
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    just use main ttooons bot for exp/spirit and hp potions and use alts for jj quests then mail the main those coins for repair

and then enjoy the cry babies crying about botters day in and day out lol
  • Riverwillows - Sanctuary
    Riverwillows - Sanctuary Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's not just the drops. I made a whole bunch of armors, for my barb's Tailor #5 qualifications, and when I sold the unwanted ones back, they were all about 150 coin or so!!! I was expecting about maybe 1/3 or so of the buy price, like usual, but they are ALL cheap to sell back.

Makes it not worth picking up, or selling back made ones.
  • zombienationz
    zombienationz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Man this thread makes me not want to play again lol
  • Gnarrr - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, I'm hoping the nerfs on armors was a mistake.

I didn't see anything about that in any of the posts before the update.

At any rate I hope a dev or "someone in power" like Sparkie sees this post and does something positive. I've had enough negative w/PW in the last couple of days.
  • CindereIIa - Lost City
    CindereIIa - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hello.
    While you all have high level characters, my highest character in all accounts is level 40 or so. How am I going to play now? I ve just joined recently.