[Maintenance Discussion] 12/18/14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• Othala - Dreamweaver
    Othala - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: Aside from the obvious issues, how much are you enjoying the expansion? If you could pick only 1 favorite thing about it, what would it be? If you could add or remove 1 thing as well, what would that be?

New classes are great but in PvP Stormbringers would have an unfair advantage as they can cast when moving. Is that something that will be phased in with all the other classes too? I don't see it making sense to be done only with one class, and I think it would be a very logical update on the rest of the classes.
  • MayhemKaos - Dreamweaver
    MayhemKaos - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    running while casting is awesome but is sucks only this 1 class can do it its a little unfair archers and wiz psy venos mystic casters should atleast have a few running casting skills now
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    running while casting is awesome but is sucks only this 1 class can do it its a little unfair archers and wiz psy venos mystic casters should atleast have a few running casting skills now

Doubt it. Considering some of the animations would like reaaaaaally weird if we ran while casting.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Doubt it. Considering some of the animations would like reaaaaaally weird if we ran while casting.
    It looks weird on Stormbringers too.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • ClyciaAlyann - Raging Tide
    ClyciaAlyann - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    Also I'm not happy with the change that shows genders of squad members. I thought it was culti at first (which would actually be awesome)... but really, pink for female and blue for male... why is this even necessary?

I will second that. I didn't even notice, but there isn't much reason to do that. Not a fan of segregating sex/gender just for the sake of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ClyciaAlyann - - Fail Seeker of Raging Tides
  • Krystabela - Harshlands
    Krystabela - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    One favorite thing...attack while running. Love it!
  • tracyrandle
    tracyrandle Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.

SweetieBot: glad to see you came back to us :D
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: Aside from the obvious issues, how much are you enjoying the expansion? If you could pick only 1 favorite thing about it, what would it be? If you could add or remove 1 thing as well, what would that be?
    Been playing the expansion for a while. I like it a lot. if I could remove one thing it's the earning time ****. if I could add one thing I would return the original FC
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

SweetieBot: glad to see you came back to us :D
    I am glad too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You notice its not called 'botting'? Its called Auto-cultivation. The point of it was to auto-kill mobs for exp, spirit and quests.
    I was a big time botter who made billions doing it, but I know that wasn't the intention of it and knew it would end eventually.

I don't care what you call it, it's botting..yeah right I'm gonna believe you made billions!
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Loving being a Stormbringer. Would like to see new animations on the older classes as well. I also love bacon.
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I will second that. I didn't even notice, but there isn't much reason to do that. Not a fan of segregating sex/gender just for the sake of it.

It is extremely convenient when you are playing with people you don't know. I can't count the number of times I've called boys "she" or vice versa. It's awkward for them, and awkward for you once you see their toons. I was very sorry when they removed this differentiation a while ago, and I think it's good they finally brought it back.
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You guys have been rather quick with this one. b:kiss
  • scorpion1996
    scorpion1996 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i am enjoying the expansion quite well the stormbringer class is amazing my favorite part will be the level 95 pill once it is working. if i could add 1 thing to the game it would have to be player housing
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yeah but imagine a veno channeling Venomous Scarab while running? You'd be floating while moving xD. Redstone Venoworm could work to be casted while moving though and the fox form ones.
  • Kelala - Dreamweaver
    Kelala - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can we use the 95 pill on the new classes or no? b:bye
  • TitsMcGee_ - Sanctuary
    TitsMcGee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    So far I'm relieved and please with the 1 coin dq nerf. Even though it hurts my nostalgia of grinding levels and steadily building coin from DQ, I really wasn't a fan of leaving my computer running because I felt like if I had the opportunity to afk farm, that I should be doing that. Now I can log off and rest my computer with no such guilt!
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Can we use the 95 pill on the new classes or no? b:bye

Nope.
  • Kelala - Dreamweaver
    Kelala - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Nope.

Aw that stinks, oh well I do love the questing on them b:thanks
  • BloodyThorns - Heavens Tear
    BloodyThorns - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Where are the old hairstyles for the old races? I tried to create a new Cleric on my alt account and the hairtstyles I have available are some of the Tideborn and Earthguard only.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You notice its not called 'botting'? Its called Auto-cultivation. The point of it was to auto-kill mobs for exp, spirit and quests.
    I was a big time botter who made billions doing it, but I know that wasn't the intention of it and knew it would end eventually.

If it is just for exp and spirit and quests why they put the option to pick up drops?
    giphy.gif

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I like some of the UI tweeks like the square minimap and the new look of the NPCs in cities.

I dislike how there is no new content for endgame players and how much of the content they added specifically nerfs archers like anti-crit damage squad buff, anti normal arrow squad buff, and the buff to sin stealth detection.

New Horizon had a lot of new content for end game players.
    It was time that low lvls to get something new.

To me it doesnt. It looks AWESOME.
    Melee bosses stand no chance against Stormbringers.
    giphy.gif

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Favorite thing about the update, the new UI. Except the squad menu, the squad menu was once again made overly large and needs slimmed again.

Also, loving the limited number of bugs and how quickly they were fixed. Much better support for this update than lots of past ones.
  • shiladitya12345
    shiladitya12345 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

This maintenance is to fix issues such as the Nation War Forges, and the Illusionary Leveling Pill. You will be able to log back on to any character after the maintenance, as the pill will not be available until 12 Noon tomorrow (12/19)

Time Conversion for when the Illusionary Pill will be available: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

Expansion is great, new classes are great too. :)
    1 favorite thing-> The new UI is way too awesome. Best UI so far. And also the auto-pathing is marvelous.
    1 thing to change->The perfect stones exchange from Wang Tsai for the gold gear from the different instances should not have been removed. (Now only the gold weapons can be exchanged coz they are bound when equipped)
    My toon is only level 58 so, don't really know much about the higher up changes. As far as my reach goes, this is it.
    Thank you for the expansion. :)
  • shehryarkhan
    shehryarkhan Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Not even a little bit cuz my pwi hasn't still been updated. b:cry
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

Maintenance will begin tonight at 11PM - 3AM.

This maintenance is to fix issues such as the Nation War Forges, and the Illusionary Leveling Pill. You will be able to log back on to any character after the maintenance, as the pill will not be available until 12 Noon tomorrow (12/19)

Time Conversion for when the Illusionary Pill will be available: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

-Assistant Wang doesnt give option to trade weapon and gear for PS. (if trading location is changed let me know)
    -PWI quest master - Quest 6 gives 30 days flyer coupon but there is no flyers for NIghtshades
    -Dreamchaiser pack weapons not available for NIghtshade
    -No gold Scythe weapons between lvl 20 and lvl 55
    -Some gear need to be edited to be available for NS class. example: Wings of Cloudcharger, Warsoul Helms
  • johnslaught#9347
    johnslaught#9347 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I would comment on the things i like about the expansion but my update is still downloading. at about 80% it either crashes or stops downloading b:cry
  • reincarnateme
    reincarnateme Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Only thing that has bugged me so far is that the pheonix which carries you around a couple times doesn't fly straight, it just sorta glides around. It's really not a big deal, mostly amusing.

X.X but thats like awesome part!!! I LIKE IT A LOT <3 I wish all places in pwi we go to looks like that xD well not on pvp thou haha
  • BaaxsTank - Archosaur
    BaaxsTank - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Thank you for resolving these issues so fast b:victory I look forward to lvling my new toons (and im loving the stormbringers) Keep up the great jobb:pleased
  • Mirnack - Lost City
    Mirnack - Lost City Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    lanebre wrote: »
    -Assistant Wang doesnt give option to trade weapon and gear for PS. (if trading location is changed let me know)
    -PWI quest master - Quest 6 gives 30 days flyer coupon but there is no flyers for NIghtshades
    -Dreamchaiser pack weapons not available for NIghtshade
    -No gold Scythe weapons between lvl 20 and lvl 55
    -Some gear need to be edited to be available for NS class. example: Wings of Cloudcharger, Warsoul Helms

There is a level 40 scythe. you have to obtain it from one of the normal side quest. maybe if you took the time to level by doing quests you wouldve found this out.
This discussion has been closed.