Stormbringers, why you no kite

Molniya - Dreamweaver
Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Remember guys, the Stormbringers can MOVE and cast at the same time. Don't just sit there and attack, you will get all the killed. Kite those bosses around and you can kill 'em all easy.

Also remember that that second water move you can learn STUNS. It's handy to get away from stuff ;)

Pardon the slightly...sarcastic? Post. It's just amusing to see people treat them as DDs and get killed because they're still mages, and thus still squishy.
Post edited by Molniya - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't really blame people playing Stormbringers for not moving, it's not like PWI is famous for casting while moving >.> it'll take a while for people to get used to the idea that it's even possible XD

Have to say though, it's really really fun XD

The shocking thing to me is there's hardly anyone out there questing! I spent the whole day questing on my tester Stormbringer and having a blast.
    Just cuz FCC is broken again, don't just hide yourself in there letting your main do all the work, get out and get active :D Or you will be standing there pretending you can't move forever <.<
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Might've been your server XD There was people EVERYWHERE doing the quests on Dreamweaver, and the amount of junk lying around was ridiculous. I was getting annoyed because there was so many good items just lying around. I have so much crafting stuff now XD And a tooooon of cash.

Definitely enjoying the new class though c: I'm almost tempted to not main Cleric anymore! Almost. I like healing too much XD
  • raevvenn
    raevvenn Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't really blame people playing Stormbringers for not moving, it's not like PWI is famous for casting while moving >.> it'll take a while for people to get used to the idea that it's even possible XD

The shocking thing to me is there's hardly anyone out there questing! I spent the whole day questing on my tester Stormbringer and having a blast.
    Just cuz FCC is broken again, don't just hide yourself in there letting your main do all the work, get out and get active :D Or you will be standing there pretending you can't move forever <.<

We cannot get access.....that may be why it is so quiet. Enjoy the game...those of you that can actually play it.
  • Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    raevvenn wrote: »
    We cannot get access.....that may be why it is so quiet. Enjoy the game...those of you that can actually play it.

Guess my Internets to OP
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love it. I LOVE IT..
    As lvl 20 SB i managed to solo Krixx boss (boss lvl 41 or 42). My SB was hitting it low but little by little boss died eventually and didnt even hit me once. I was circling around him, stunning when he was charging attack.. Since i started on another server recently (last week) i made farmer bm and 1 main which i thought would be mystic but now im kinda 99% sure it will be SB. Waiting on sage/demon skills to appear ingame so i can defo decide.
    Also managed to solo all mobs in Delirium and got company for bosses.
    Did i said I LOVE SB
  • raevvenn
    raevvenn Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Guess my Internets to OP

There are too many people having issues with it for it to be their internet.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    raevvenn wrote: »
    There are too many people having issues with it for it to be their internet.

There's also a huge group of people who had no issue at all. Plenty of factors combined can be the reason, really. :/
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

I was casting skill while moving since the first skill. Is actualy easy to do it. Click the mob or the boss, click the skill and move around him keeping a distance. The skill will hit even if you have your back turn on him.And that knock back AOE learned at lvl 22 already looks OP.b:victory
    giphy.gif

• gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    There's also a huge group of people who had no issue at all. Plenty of factors combined can be the reason, really. :/

They prob did an IP-ban of americans, like they did in Egypt. b:victory
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I can't wait to go and kite the **** out of everything!
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Ridelia - Morai
    Ridelia - Morai Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't use mount because of the cast when moving. I prefer run or eventually fly.
    When moving between npcs I move like this: See mob near my way, click, attack, kill, click next mob, attack, kill... all while running to my designation point. Free exp. And it looks cool. b:chuckle
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Me? Always.

I constantly kite on all my toons, even on my sin im constantly re-positioning myself in fights, and glitching ranges on skills to get distance from melee classes.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Me? Always.

I constantly kite on all my toons, even on my sin im constantly re-positioning myself in fights, and glitching ranges on skills to get distance from melee classes.

From the thread title it's pretty clear the post was aimed specifically at new Stormbringers.

Also the specific type of 'kiting' in this case is completely different from all other classes 'kiting' due to the channel whilst moving, hence the post. I have to agree I haven't seen many channelling whilst moving whilst I was on briefly yesterday, it's pretty fun.

But good to know you kite too.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • TieIer - Dreamweaver
    TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    some people probably arent used to it or have never played any other mmo give them time
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I will say that I am guilty when it comes to not moving on my stormbringer. I'm just not use to it yet. I will try to kite more.b:surrender
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I love it so far. I'll explode it more later on. I've played another MMO (During one of the times I ragequit PWI) where I can use some moves and kite, so it's not completely foreign to me. If I had not come so far on my cleric, the stormbringer would definitely be one of my mains. It's probably a good thing that the 95 pill doesn't work for the new classes. Instead of my veno getting to 95, it would easily be the SB. I wonder if they can cast any AOE's while moving. It'll be pretty easy for them in WS, phoenix valley, etc.

I'm curious to see the HA stormbringers that will eventually surface too. I may even make a HA one myself...
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't use mount because of the cast when moving. I prefer run or eventually fly.
    When moving between npcs I move like this: See mob near my way, click, attack, kill, click next mob, attack, kill... all while running to my designation point. Free exp. And it looks cool. b:chuckle

Yep, same here. Made plenty of xp in the starter area doing that, which worked out because it looked like there might have been a xp gap in quests otherwise at around 29.

For the OP, it's most likely people playing alts who say they learned their class at 100, but never actually learned anything. There were tons of new stormbringers, and all the ones I saw stayed stationary while attacking. None, except my character, were killing while autopathing; during X2 xp no less!

And during the FB19, everyone was still staying still instead of kiting like a mad man to take no damage. The boss was an easy tank just from running around while casting, didn't lose agro once. Did get fussed at by the new sword class because they couldn't figure out to cut the circular path and get ahead of the boss before attacking instead of trailing after and doing nothing.

This is going to be a class where the difference between skilled and not will be noticeable, the fact people are clueless about the very basic mechanic doesn't bode well for the amount of players that won't be gear reliant.
  • SeaCups - Dreamweaver
    SeaCups - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm having a blast on my Stormbringer....I was running and attacking everything even when I didnt need to. It's so badazz....reminds me of the matrixb:chuckle Why people don't do it ? I don't know , but I surely use it! Me and hubby duo the FB19 cave last night while most were waiting for a high level to do it (how boring)
    The boss was very easy and it was fun b:victory
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I did the fb19 yesterday with other stormbringers and I was the only one that was moving while casting.
    Plus I tanked the boss and pull it through cave when someone died and needed to came back.
    Ranged mobs they can attack but I can deal with that. But melee mobs got no chance to get a single hit on me.
    I put a macro with all the skills that can be cast while moving.
    I click the melee mob. I click the macro and then i just run in circles around him.Plus at lvl 33 learned a skill that can be cast while moving and hits the target 2 or 3 times.
    And the knockback aoe is WOWb:victory
    giphy.gif

• Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    From the thread title it's pretty clear the post was aimed specifically at new Stormbringers.

Also the specific type of 'kiting' in this case is completely different from all other classes 'kiting' due to the channel whilst moving, hence the post. I have to agree I haven't seen many channelling whilst moving whilst I was on briefly yesterday, it's pretty fun.

But good to know you kite too.
    I kinda have to disagree a little bit. As a baby archer years ago I was taught how to kite. I can remember MANY MANY times in 29 having to use my DOT skills to kill the boss/mobs... shoot, run, heal as running, stop shoot 1 or 2 dots, run, heal repeat till boss/mob is dead. Had to let the DOT do the damage not me.
    albeit 99% of the server was not taught how to fight gorilla warfare. The stormbringer brings this to a de facto way of fighting and I must say I love it. Was kinda funny yesterday to go into the fb19 and hear everyone complaining / needing squads, and me'n a lady friend ( sb also ) go in and take the place down with just beginning gear and lvl 19 both of us. First few mobs pawned me till i realized.. KITE YOU BIG DUMMY!!!! After that was a piece of cake! Used very few pots after that. that flip in logic really brought the class to life.
    For me its alot like playing my psy i love so much only with almost constant kiting. In a small dungeon or with fast boss's I can easiliy see SB being so much bug splat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah the move and fire is kinda op mainly because 1.You can move and fire and 2.All skills lock on target in this game and no dodge..kinda lame.I think if you can run and shoot then there should be miss chances ith even mag.These are true kite toons because the regular toons have to stop shoot..dude a kite don't stop.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah the move and fire is kinda op mainly because 1.You can move and fire and 2.All skills lock on target in this game and no dodge..kinda lame.I think if you can run and shoot then there should be miss chances ith even mag.These are true kite toons because the regular toons have to stop shoot..dude a kite don't stop.

#MasterKite
    #Kites4Jeebus
    #CantTouchThis
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A good amount of their power skills require them to stand still, it remains to be seen how balanced over-all the mix of weak spell spam while running will be with so much defense stacked against them.

Best one I'm thinking is funny, is the skill Electrostatic Discharge. Works great on all flag carriers, but will be oh so satisfying to toss on a demon fox form spamming veno. Hey you left me in the dust, I'll just calmly walk over to your corpse and mock you when I catch up. :)