High Levels in New Starting area?

Options
zoner112012
zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
OK so idk if the new instance maybe is IN the new starting area....but if its not why are high levels able to get into the new starting area? I find it quite annoying that they can run in there and troll people by spam killing the bosses people need for quests that only spawn in one place. Any thoughts on this?
ln5aR6B.jpg
Post edited by zoner112012 on

Comments

• Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    There IS an instance in the new starting area, as well as the main world.
    I dunno how high-levels are getting into the new starting zone, but I've seen a few in there too. I haven't logged my high-levels yet so I'm not sure how they're doing it.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Teleporters in most of the main cities have a quest that will allow anyone to travel in. I went in there and ran over 7 free fb19's for random lowbies who had noone else to help them and were just standing near the cave entrance npc hoping.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Teleporters in most of the main cities have a quest that will allow anyone to travel in. I went in there and ran over 7 free fb19's for random lowbies who had noone else to help them and were just standing near the cave entrance npc hoping.

I also did this. I was surprised it let me in but I remember how annoying it was and how long it took me to do it on PWCN, so I went into help. The players can't be PK'd in there so I don't really see the harm.

If they're deliberately hindering progress by killing quest bosses to stop anyone else doing it, screenshot it and ticket it. That's the most you can do unfortunately.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Weird, we just grabbed a party of 6 who needed it and went in. Pretty much was a slaughter your way in, and tanking the boss as a stormbringer was obscenely easy with 0 vit, quest gear, and the free charms from leveling up. Considering how many people are making new characters, wouldn't think there would be any difficulty getting together a group. Though the blades weren't too good, they mostly chased the mobs getting kited around, instead of ganging up on the towers and taking them out one at a time.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I simply flew over there to check out the new area.
    What a weird thing to QQ about...
  • TruMaster - Archosaur
    TruMaster - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should be adding it to this threat but I had a question about the New Starting Area. So I decided to do the same and assist players because my new char was having trouble finding a group but the thing is after I finished, my sin and stormbringer got separated into 2 different servers. I used town portal to get out of the cave fast, but after I did it, my sin on my stormbringer's screen said it wasn't there. Like you know the green dot on the map? Yeah it wasn't there. I was to the same place on both accounts and nothing. I pressed "T" to see the characters that were near and completely everyone was different. On my sin's screen, it was lively, but with my Strombringer, almost no one around. So here is my question: Are there multiple servers within the new area? If so how can we travel through them?

^Sorry that was kinda long.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I simply flew over there to check out the new area.
    What a weird thing to QQ about...

Actually the zone where you can fly (where the big city is) is not the starting area.
    The starting area is on a new map but as said above you can use a quest to be tp in
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure if I should be adding it to this threat but I had a question about the New Starting Area. So I decided to do the same and assist players because my new char was having trouble finding a group but the thing is after I finished, my sin and stormbringer got separated into 2 different servers. I used town portal to get out of the cave fast, but after I did it, my sin on my stormbringer's screen said it wasn't there. Like you know the green dot on the map? Yeah it wasn't there. I was to the same place on both accounts and nothing. I pressed "T" to see the characters that were near and completely everyone was different. On my sin's screen, it was lively, but with my Strombringer, almost no one around. So here is my question: Are there multiple servers within the new area? If so how can we travel through them?

^Sorry that was kinda long.

Kinda. There is a small green (or maybe yellow, depenting on the status/"laggyness") text right beside your HP/MP -bar with the name of the area u are in. There is also a little arrow. If u click on it, you can select [Insert name of city](1) or (2). I guess PWI finally learned and tried to avoid too crowded places, lags and KS. So yes, you can switch between these both and that's why you didn't see your character there.
  • TruMaster - Archosaur
    TruMaster - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kinda. There is a small green (or maybe yellow, depenting on the status/"laggyness") text right beside your HP/MP -bar with the name of the area u are in. There is also a little arrow. If u click on it, you can select [Insert name of city](1) or (2). I guess PWI finally learned and tried to avoid too crowded places, lags and KS. So yes, you can switch between these both and that's why you didn't see your character there.

Oh that's cool! Very useful to have that option!Thanks! And Thank you for the reply! :)
  • Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh that's cool! Very useful to have that option!Thanks! And Thank you for the reply! :)

It's only available in the new startign zone afaik, btw. And you are welcome :)
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I ported to FB19 and left. then i was at new map.
    To leave u need t speak with teleport -> quest related -> back to perfect world
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ballenato wrote: »
    To leave u need t speak with teleport -> quest related -> back to perfect world

And then old classes are tp in the "native city" of their race (Plume, RT, ...)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OK so idk if the new instance maybe is IN the new starting area....but if its not why are high levels able to get into the new starting area? I find it quite annoying that they can run in there and troll people by spam killing the bosses people need for quests that only spawn in one place. Any thoughts on this?

I don't know why people would do this. Kinda stupid waste of time in my opinion. b:shutup
    There IS an instance in the new starting area, as well as the main world.
    I dunno how high-levels are getting into the new starting zone, but I've seen a few in there too. I haven't logged my high-levels yet so I'm not sure how they're doing it.

So, the new instance is relatively challanging. There were some squads forming, but neither class as serious buffs or support heals, so tough to do it (idk, i didn't actually try). But You can use the Illusion stone to enter the beginner instance which I did to run my storm-bringer through.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Sardior - Raging Tide
    Sardior - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    eh the new fb 19 wasnt that bad just make sure you have ranged dds for the towers and somone has a zeal genie to pull
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I still dont get why they are allowed to enter the starting area....this really doesnt make sense.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • kefal
    kefal Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Did it last night with a group of 6 about half and half of new race with no heal but I am guessing all had high level mains cos we did it without anyone dying and quite quickly.
  • ClyciaAlyann - Raging Tide
    ClyciaAlyann - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I did this instance twice with a group of three both times. First run both stormbringers died once and I, as duskblade, was able to hold off and bring boss towards entrance while they came back. second run went perfectly, even with only stormbringers. No issues. Probably like 10 minutes. Really no need to have high levels run it. With the gear and pots given from quests, it's fairly simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ClyciaAlyann - - Fail Seeker of Raging Tides
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The instance is easy to do with a group of lowbies, dunno why people feel the need to bring high-lvls to do it for them. I mean sure, in a few weeks when the area is empty, but not now when it takes a min or two to get a full squad.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse