Duskblade vs Stormbringer

124»

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It seems most arguments are...*ahem*

OMG STORMBRINGER HAZ SCYTHES BADASSERY OMG PWNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ MOVING!

Lol duskblade uses combos, **** them.

*cough*4 paralyze skills*cough*
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

LOL LOL LOL LOOOOOOOL

Sweetiebot award Saethos - Raging Tide 5 points for that great post
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Sweetiebot award Saethos - Raging Tide 5 points for that great post
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide awards 5 points to Saethos - Raging Tide!
    Saethos - Raging Tide is now in 2nd place for December 2014 with 5 points (5 points overall).
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Scythe is love. Scythe is life. Well actually Scythe is dead to the enemies of the Stormbringerb:chuckle

Well I wanna play the stormbringer cause it has the scythe. I would have played stormbringer even if it was a lame class with nothing good to offer that would have come. And only for the scythe. But the good thing is that it has alot of things to offer.b:victory
    And if you read the skill description brought to us by Fail_BM on Asterelle( sorry if i spelled wrong the names) thread you would have seen that Stormbringer aka Moon Fairy has alot to offer through skills not just casting while moving.

And yes SCYTHE IS BADASSS

Now if PWCN will make a class with a whip( similar to FiveVenom in swordsman) one day I will be more than happy.
    b:bye
    giphy.gif

• ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    how about us lovely bm's that used to use scythe before? where's the love towards us? (yes polearm weps are also some of them scythes) b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    how about us lovely bm's that used to use scythe before? where's the love towards us? (yes polearm weps are also some of them scythes) b:surrender

We don't count and get no love for our bootleg scythes.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gonna be trying out both, I've already made room on my accounts for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm looking forward to starting a Stormbringer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MALIGNO - Harshlands
    MALIGNO - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:angry
  • ricfar
    ricfar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Which elements does the duskblade use? Meaning earth, fire, metal, wood, water.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Both because reasons :)
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gonna try both, starting with duskblade... looks like a 1 str 4 dex build to me... just like a sin
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Aprillynne - Dreamweaver
    Aprillynne - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally, I played both. And find them both to be quite fun.

On my Duskblade, I have no issues with chi, mana consumption is a bit high but eh, I'm not too concerned, we get free charms daily until lvl 60 so why worry too much about that. I adore the speed and efficiency and I really like that they can teleport to the target seamlessly where as on a sin, you have to wait for the long cooldown (I mean absolutely no offense) They do decent enough damage though from what I can tell the stormbringers are the heavy hitters of the race.

On my Stormbringer, that movement while casting is incredible, who wouldn't love it, though I think it would be better with a bit better controls instead of clicking or holding 'W' to run as you cast, kinda like the controls in WoW. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually. Kiting is definitely an effective method with this class, say you're in a squad and the team is about to take heavy damage from a mob that explodes, a stormbringer can "kite" it away with ease and avoid harm to themselves as well as the squad in the process. And solo? Hell, kite one mob at a time, sure it takes a bit but it works. They hit hard, and don't have super long cast times. I particularly enjoy the attack that stuns the target. Super useful, hell its saved my *** quite a few times.

As someone who plays a Veno usually so I don't have to squad with anyone else, I really enjoy both classes :) So my vote: Both because why not.b:victory
  • Numelle - Raging Tide
    Numelle - Raging Tide Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer because ... MAGIC!

I'll also give her uniqe name, so no one will ever know its me behind that char. :3
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Kiting is hugely important factor in PvP and so being able to cast while moving is insane.

Usually you have to kite then attack, then kite, then attack; but now you can kite and attack simultaneously... Though some of the stronger skills.. can't be cast while moving....

Also, I hope they introduce the moving and casting across all classes; at least for some of the skills.
    b:thanks

However, with all the jumps and stuns and control that Duskblades have, they seem to be designed to counter Stormbringers. Only time will really tell I guess. b:pleased
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I really wanna know how sins and other melee class gonna be able to kill stormbringers since Storms got 6 skills that can be cast while moving( one of them stuns, one oh them hits 3 times in a row), got a knock back aoe that works in pvp, and a skills that goes like this:

Electrostatatic Discharge:

Charge your enemy with static electricity that discharges as your target moves. For every 1 meter your target moves it takes it X% of base magic dmg plus xxxx as metal dmg. Last x seconds.

how yu melee gonna fight against a class that keeps moving and deals yu dmg in same time?
    And also yu take dmg for moving only b:chuckle

b:bye
    giphy.gif

• cosmclord
    cosmclord Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I had the same dilemma StormBringer or DuskBlade. I slide to melee chrs so I took the DuskBlade. Leveling in the Celestial Vale was easy. Made level 22 in 1 day. Fail? no way! Made it to level 45 in 4 days. Leveling goes fast. Do need some help with the higher dungeons however. Next dungeon is the Secreat Frostcover Grounds to get the Royal Cussies.
    Still a question on build. Using +3 dex and +1 vit and +1str each level. Gonna need 74str for Swift wind armor at level 70 so planning for that now. I welcome any suggestion any one has!b:laugh

Dakkro Level45 DuskBlade