Launcher Freezing

Options
Siennia - Dreamweaver
Siennia - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Support Desk
Okay is anyone else having this problem?

Whenever I try to start up PWI it will say 'verifying files' then freeze up and won't start. When it did this earlier I uninstalled then reinstalled and I was able to enter the game fine. However, after exiting PWI then trying to re-enter, it once again froze at 'verifying files' and won't start up. This is really getting frustrating and I would like to know if anyone else is having this problem.

If so do you have any suggestions of how it can be fixed or what might be the cause?
Post edited by Siennia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm assuming anti-virus or firewall. Check if u may have active more then 1 firewalls (such as Windows firewajj and one with av). If u do, disable windows firewall.
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'll try adding Arc and PWI as an exception to my Firewall and see what happens. If the problem keeps happening I'll just have to figure out something else.
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay so I tried adding PWI to the exceptions list on my firewall, that didn't work. Then I tried turning my Firewall off completely and that didn't work. My launcher is still freezing up at the 'verifying files' point so I guess I'm just going to have to wait until after the next update and see if that clears anything up. If not it's back to investigating to see what could be causing this mess.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't forget to exclude them from the AV software also, and to repair/verify when done doing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well I'm still having the same issue. Launcher/Patcher gets to 'Verifying Files' and it freezes up, so I know it's not my Firewall or my AV.
    This is really starting to frustrate me as the other games I have on Arc haven't done this, it's just PWI. I was hoping that after the update it would start working again but I guess that was wishful thinking.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a way to fix it? Again I have tried marking it as an exception in both my Firewall and my AV and that did not work.
  • macewen
    macewen Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I am unable to load my accounts, any of them, or create a new account through Arc sinse Defender started. After I click the "Start" button, it begins the load, but stops. the start screen goes away and nothing else happens. Arc is still going but nothing else. I am able to play the game by bypassing Arc, but Arc is useless. I am unable to turn off Defender, I just get the notification that my attempt failed, please try again later. I have attempted the posted fixes but nothing works. Get rid of Arc and Defender.
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Okay so here's another bit of info. Whenever I restart my computer I can get into PWI through the patcher just fine, but when I exit then try to restart PWI that's when the patcher will freeze on "verifying files".
    I can use a workaround for now to get in game, but I do not want to have to restart my computer every time the game has to update. So if anyone has any clues or theories as to what could be at the root of this then please do share.

(NOTE: it isn't my antivirus or Firewall as I tried making exceptions and then cutting both off but it still did not work. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with Arc Defender but I'm hesitant to try as I've heard that many people have tried cutting off Arc Defender only to have it cause major problems for them. Such as not being able to get in game or even get onto Arc at all.)