Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

Comments

• ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear
    ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL it just clicked

People are gonna hyper ff the new characters to 100.
    Yay new class people can't play XD

Yup, plus going to try make some cash on the process, gonna take some redbull and vodka to celebrate when i get home for the unintended glich, t-6hrs 30min and counting =o, lucky the ones that get to play 8hrs+ a day and don't have to work though >:U

PD: HEY BAMBII :D
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ultradry wrote: »
    Sweetiebot were is the manual patch for this
    I suggest you do a Google search.
    ultradry wrote: »
    Sweetiebot would you like a coffee
    Not right now thank you, maybe later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Graylyn - Harshlands
    Graylyn - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so from what im understanding is we can play today and pill will be mailed tonight or tomorrow after a maint tonight so no worries on logging onto our higher lvl characters today?
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yup, plus going to try make some cash on the process, gonna take some redbull and vodka to celebrate when i get home for the unintended glich, t-6hrs 30min and counting =o, lucky the ones that get to play 8hrs+ a day and don't have to work though >:U

PD: HEY BAMBII :D

Loool, well apparently hypers only work for certain players so I hope you're one. I can't play, gotta sleep before second job tonight q.q
    How you been?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uubdeviant
    uubdeviant Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    so with the issues surrounding the level up stone, if we log into our regular characters now, do we mess up being able to get in on another character? non-stashable, non-tradeable, non-available...WHEN CAN WE LOG IN AND PLAY NORMAL WITHOUT LOSING THIS OPTION?
  • uubdeviant
    uubdeviant Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So When Can We Log In As Normal On Our Regular Characters And Not Mess Up Which One We Get The Level Up Stone For?
  • darkosirisxin
    darkosirisxin Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1. Double posting isn't needed.

2. When they get the patch which atm they don't know when they will get it the pill will be sent out.

3. you can log in normally now just be sure to keep watch for the mini-patch or w/e they want to call it is sent out to fix that and other issues.
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am wondering..
    if those forges are chinese by mistake... why do they have got transtations on everything in them? b:laugh
  • andrelica
    andrelica Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why not send a code of arc? I think it would be simpler.
  • darkosirisxin
    edited December 2014
    sparkie has said that the forges were an accident at the last minute or w/e China sent. so yes they will be fixed once they get the patch for it.

as for the code i think it has something to do with trying to limit it without folks hacking the redeem code functions or something.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for being on top of this sparkie. In my opinion there is no need to do a rollback as those forges have nothing to offer that is long-term destructive. People who already have R9 third cast are unable to make the other version since there is no way to downgrade into r9 second cast. People who don't already have R9 third cast are very unlikely to be able to make the new version due to extremely high costs. Even if by some miracle people were able to make this other version of the gear it is not drastically different from the version we already had in terms of performance.

The old forges are needed just to reenable newer players access to what everyone else already has.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    not fair sparkie x.x

Make Hypers Work in FC for DW server too!!! b:cry
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    uubdeviant wrote: »
    so with the issues surrounding the level up stone, if we log into our regular characters now, do we mess up being able to get in on another character? non-stashable, non-tradeable, non-available...WHEN CAN WE LOG IN AND PLAY NORMAL WITHOUT LOSING THIS OPTION?

So When Can We Log In As Normal On Our Regular Characters And Not Mess Up Which One We Get The Level Up Stone For?

Wow. 4 capitalisation options, and you used all except Sentence case which is the most readable.

Also, double post. But nevermind that, I think sparkie put something up higher in the thread that says log in all you want, there will be a patch later on that adds a working stone. Please read the thread, it sucks that more than half of the posts in threads like these are from people who didn't bother reading the OP, let alone the entire thread.

But I digress. I would say, careful with logging in, no matter what sparkie says. It's not that I don't trust him, it's that I don't trust the people that give him the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • darkosirisxin
    edited December 2014
    well the thing is what ever happens before we get the item there will be a server patch to fix it so just watch for the maint. and watch the forums.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    u wot m8

Are you saying that the stuff you test is not the same stuff that we get on our servers?

This kinda defeats the point of testing.

Imagine PWI made airplanes (well, imported from China and resold here, anyway).

They release this new cool airplane, someone buys it and it blows up 5 minutes after taking off.

"Well, it didn't do that when we tested it"

"OH REALLY?!"

"Yeah, so it's not our fault"

"How come it blew up then?!"

"Well, we kinda had different parts in the one we tested"

"Are you kidding me?!"

And then PWI would be sued and never allowed to sell planes again. So be happy it's just a video game.

The final test version we get is what is supposed to translate over to the live environment, which is why it's tested. What happened here is that our version was changed with the Chinese version, at a point in time when we could no longer test it. The patch was sent over for our scheduled maintenance, which means it was supposed to contain what we had tested and fixed. However, they mixed their version with ours (happens more than I care to count, and is also the reason why we have PWCN's forges), and we ended up with what we have now.

This is also the reason why you'll see Hypers work one patch, and not another. While we officially turned them off, sometimes China will update their final patch client with an older build that was not supposed to go live.

It's difficult to explain, and our QA team has done an amazing job catching a lot of these issues before they go live. Problem is, you can't catch them all (contrary to popular pokemon belief), even when you wish you could.
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Keep the hypers in fc and say it was intended
  • junny4328
    junny4328 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • darkosirisxin
    edited December 2014
    and that is the truth of the matter. Things happen. that is why there are patches in the works. it isn't PWE's fault.

Also PWE is the Publisher

PWI is the game that PWE publishes here for PWCN.

Need more coffee Sparkie?
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just wondering, are the last 5 hairstyles on new class females supposed to be old ones, or is that a glitch?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is Sharp Spear gone, or just moved? He's not in any of the pre-patch locations.

He was moved, along with a number of other npcs, in north where the skill trainers used to be (tideborn corner).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If someone was to make the PWCN weapon or gear, would this then be converted back when you fix the forges?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    im glad your taking your time to inform us on the problems with the patch. Thank you Sparkie
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If someone was to make the PWCN weapon or gear, would this then be converted back when you fix the forges?

I doubt it unless it got heavily reported.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie i have 2 request to make :-

1).Next time when a huge expansion is going to release make sure China provide us with manual patch it's really hard to update the game using auto update. Manual Patches are faster,safer & more reliable...

2). Please try to bring back the old NW forges as soon as possible maybe try and put them in the mini-patch which is going to hit us tonight....

Thank you !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I doubt it unless it got heavily reported.

Ah just if it was never intended then I would assume it would be converted back. Was just wondering as I could roll my dags into r9rr with the int making me Gof, +70atk and 5aps. I would save my tokens and coin if it would be rolled back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sparkie just 1 thing :-)

the new forge for the r9 chinese recast is accepting all the items, from the current r9r2 to the sow to the useless gold obtainable by TOBL

if someone goes full chinese r9 by night watcha gon do? :-)

this is a major thing man, shut down the servers now lol
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • huiujis
    huiujis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Okay guys, im really angry now, i don't know if somebody noticed changes to the character icon, but for me it was HUGE, and huge in a bad way. Now please, compare this:
    nxpawp.png
    First icon pic was done before... Do you notice the difference? i do, all of my characters looks ugly now. Yes, that means a lot to me, i think that i will stop playing PWI.
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I know its poor but for me this whole thing is a early christmas gift for me.
    New stuff, new things to try out and a highly entertaining bug thread of a lot of QQ.

The game itself is alot entertaining but the things arround this game like the bug and forum stuff is too.

Oh and btw, PWI is not a air plane ... so they ma accept stuff like changes in the last minute.
    they may have a punishment again china for failing in the contract who knows.

i am looking forward to play b:bye
  • melimori
    melimori Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can log into whichever character you please. The Pill won't be fixed until we get a small patch, so you won't have to worry until then. (I'll update everyone when that happens)

How do you plan to update us? Here in the forums or in the game. Since I can't exactly read the forums and play the game at the same time and I might be on a new class character or a RB character at the time it is important to know these things!
  • darkosirisxin
    edited December 2014
    when you get kicked from the server for the patch to be applied you will then know.