Expansion Issues [Update: Stone Issues 12/19]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - This was not intended and will be changed. I'll keep you updated with how and when.

4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

New Updates

- We had an issue with the send out, but we're getting that fixed right now. I'll announce before it goes out, in here and Facebook/In-game so it doesn't catch anyone by surprise. Also, I'm preparing a simple blog, that will have an Arc redeemable code with the Illusionary Crystal, in case the second attempt does not work.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141219T12&p1=224

In the off-chance that anything fails to go through, please check back with this thread and our Facebook for any updates. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PerfectWorldMMO

- There are no plans currently, for a rollback.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the update sparkie! b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So now we can hyper in ff BY mistake

And cannot upgrade gear through NW forge

Ijs yall need to fix this before Christmas hits or it'll be some bad mega qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aboodd - Dreamweaver
    Aboodd - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Should we expect a roll-back or just patching?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    Should we expect a roll-back or just patching?

Looking into that now, so can't say for sure. I'll keep everyone update once I get an official word.
  • SeaI - Sanctuary
    SeaI - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lame, but cmon its pwi shoulda known this would happen
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    4. Hypers in FC - Again, not an intended change and we've made the developers aware.

I KNEW IT! You can't break a tradition, can you? xD
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I see some talk about r9 in other threads - any update on that?
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • brendenlume
    brendenlume Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    alot of open world mobs have had their levels changed was it intended to be that way ?
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL it just clicked

People are gonna hyper ff the new characters to 100.
    Yay new class people can't play XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide
    HarleyDaviso - Raging Tide Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Seeing as how we have officially launched, I wanted to make a thread to let you all know of the issues we are aware of and fixing.

1. The Illusionary Pill: The plan was for this to launch at 12 Noon today, so you could all get your free level 95. An issue arose last minute, and the item on live servers, does not work in the intended way. We're pushing out a small patch tonight, to fix the issue. Because of this, the pill will be delayed a tiny bit. I'll post back with any updates once we get them from China.

2. Dawn of The Eclipse Raffle: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9011023-dawn-of-eclipse-raffle! - In relation to the pill issue, this also had to be delayed for the same reasons. The new date is reflected on the blog, 12/24/14 - 1/23/15

3. NW Forge - I've made our PM aware and he has contacted China. While I can't say for certain, this sounds like a mix-up on their end and it was not intended.

If you come across anything else, please let me know in this thread so I can make the right people aware, and get a fix out asap.

Out of all this they will likely 'fix' the hyper issues FIRST, because that is the only thing we don't want or need fixed.

The pills will likely go out without anyone realizing and they will be all sent to the wrong characters and PWI won't care.

Gotta love this development company (not)
  • stfu1819
    stfu1819 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is there anything you guys can do well when an expansion or patch is coming out? ffs
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    LOL!!! EPIC FAILURE!!!

So items 1 through 4 are basically waiting on China for a fix??? Well, we all have PLENTY of experience of just prompt China developers are at responding to PWE issues.

On a side note, I like to be the first to congrats to new classes lv100s FC.

[EDIT NOTE:]

This is not a dig at sparkie, I know he is just a messenger. This is yet another example of the disconnect between PWE and PWI. Someone just is not doing their homework.
  • Infamous_me - Archosaur
    Infamous_me - Archosaur Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie, Can you buy me r9 +12 josd for christmas? Its all I want b:sad
  • proksimitee
    proksimitee Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any time frame on when you're expected a reply on the issues?
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014

3. NW Forge - I've made our PM aware and he has contacted China. While I can't say for certain, this sounds like a mix-up on their end and it was not intended.

So what we can do now? I can log my main char today without a problem and tomorrow log my alt for level up to 95 or do i have to wait until tomorrow for no getting troubles with the Pill?
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Btw, you could leave FC as is. At least on RT it kept ppl motivated to learn their class at least to some point and it had slightly vitalizing effect. b:surrender

Even FC-nabs were better at their class than current PV-noobs 'cause FC had boss killing, pulls that needed proper skill-usage, trickster bosses(needed purifying, moving out of danger, properly timing skills...) etc etc. PV ish mostly mindless grinding and most BHs are just 95% solo'd by some bored lvl 100 so lowbies can't learn basics from them anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wait...

is that mean...hypers in fc are back? for good?

:o
  • jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yeah, I'm wondering if we can go on characters or if we have to wait until the stones come out?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014

OMG thank you soooo much Sparkie, love ya! <3
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • _Vitality - Archosaur
    _Vitality - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What about the new r9? and the fact you cant get it with rrr9? That's what I would like to know
  • oshadowx
    oshadowx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Best thing to do is just hang around and talk with friends. Due to FC happening again they might force a rollback so doing any leveling or whatnot may be worthless to do. Just sit back and chill until the patch.
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    So what we can do now? I can log my main char today without a problem and tomorrow log my alt for level up to 95 or do i have to wait until tomorrow for no getting troubles with the Pill?

You should be able to just play normally, since the item won't actually go out until the patch hits. In the off-chance it does go out, the way it's broken still won't allow it to work. (The item shows up but as soon as you take it out of the mailbox, it disappears and does nothing)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2014

If I had a dime for every time you guys released a buggy patch with broken content, I'd be quite rich. How does this stuff get passed by during the QC? This is pretty basic stuff. The inta-95 pill was being hyped like crazy, but doesn't work? The raffle for the same reason. Probably the biggest driving force in the economy - NW and farming it, has been altered dramatically, and this passed your QC? The biggest issue since packs being implemented in 2009 - hypers in FF... This passed your QC?

QC = what? Not quality control, clearly. Next thing we know, the game will stop functioning completely, and that passed the QC. Good stuff.

Let's wait on the Chinese overlords to tell us this was all intentional and that we should live with it. OR it wasn't intentional and will be reverted in the next large patch 6-7 months from now.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Dragons_bay - Archosaur
    Dragons_bay - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Awesome new classes FC there ***** off to 100 and then PWi can roll back the server, BOOM Fc wise fixes the fail new classes from starting. Roll-Back,Roll-Back,Roll-Back
    ODSTxRECONx (101 2RB Sage Seeker)
    ReconsBlade (100 1RB Demon APS BM)
    *(Player of Perfect World since 2010*
  • Gundameister - Sanctuary
    Gundameister - Sanctuary Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You should be able to just play normally, since the item won't actually go out until the patch hits. In the off-chance it does go out, the way it's broken still won't allow it to work. (The item shows up but as soon as you take it out of the mailbox, it disappears and does nothing)

Thank You for the reply b:thanks
  • Pinkyminky - Heavens Tear
    Pinkyminky - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This expansion actually seems a lot smoother than previous ones...all games have some sort of bugs when releasing new expansions, content updates, and even some small patches...this is personally my favorite expansion since Age of Spirits....things are running a lot smoother right now than they used to in previous expansions when they were first released...
  • Respin - Heavens Tear
    Respin - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think we need a bit of a roll back. A lot of people have panicked and thing's are getting messed up by the NW forges.
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You Guys Better Fix Nw Forges Omg
  • Dragons_bay - Archosaur
    Dragons_bay - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wonder how much coin and money people lost by NW forges being taken away
    ODSTxRECONx (101 2RB Sage Seeker)
    ReconsBlade (100 1RB Demon APS BM)
    *(Player of Perfect World since 2010*
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Guys, sometimes things go screwy between QC and actual launch. I've beta'd other games before, and they work just fine until suddenly there's a few thousand more people than there were previously.

Quit being entitled and whiny just because it something with a lot of coding doesn't work 100% perfectly from the get-go.

Also, how about, instead of demanding a rollback because of a few things gone wrong, you be patient for once?