The update things I am more or less MEH about

nanbo554
nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
User Interface

*The Skills interface has been updated. Instead of traveling to skill trainer NPCs to learn new skills, you can learn them directly from the Skills pane.

I always was a fan of interactive mailboxes, and NPC's. It adds "living" to the world and a sense of logic. More menu's reminds you that you are in a PC game and feels less natural and "organic". People that do not care and speed and rush things, will love this. Since I am usually in a main city at one point or another in a day, this will not save me travel coin either. The exception being SAGE and DEMON skills where you have to GO to the SAGE and DEMON areas and talk to the trainer. That is cool because it makes sense and adds meaning to these areas and why they were created. Now take all that and poo on it with a simple on the go menu.
Games that suffer this cheap design are games like -no-, they have the teleport on the go (that this game recently copied as well with stones), mail on the go (this game would copy as well if that was not a cash shop item), skills on the go etc. They went through pains to design their elaborate cities with details, INCLUDING MAIL BOXES on the street corners, but they are now just cold props...as the menu in OPTIONS opens up your mailbox...It felt odd and cheap as you pass all these "props" that do nothing. Meh...

Gameplay
*The Reward Chest has had many of its rewards updated, along with a new daily reward that grants a pair of free, time-limited guardian and spirit charms.
I am not meh about this because it already existed for people up to level 60 I beleive by an NPC in Arch (Husay? I forget his name). My problem was, I never knew that free charm in ARC existed until it was too late. So having it as a daily treasure reward is nice. However, I Think a better update would have been KEEPING the NPC and just giving people a daily reminder to click on the auto path link to him.

*All quests in Perfect World have had their level requirements adjusted to bring them in line with the new starting zone, which takes all new characters to level 20. Many quests have also had their objectives adjusted to require considerably fewer kills and/or quest items.

This game never really had a lot of kills (as of the last updated). There are a few "kill 90" or "kill 80' quests that are ok gold rewards (but not worh the time killing sometimes) Unless EXP Rates change per turn in, this will actually gimp a player a little bit. Pushing us more into the "bot" later I guess. They could not focus on that, and put more effort on the scaled dungeons. Kind of sad none of the dungeons are scaled to level but to "need a lvl 100 to clear" in almost all of them

*Level 80-89 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in the Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench.
*Level 90-99 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in Eden, Brimstone Pit, and Twilight Temple.
So no "boss kill", just X mobs? Again, this could be because they are not SCALED proportionatly to level. HAve to love PWI developers. Lets take the most gimped short cut route EVER. Not fix the problem, just change the text and objective"...XD

*The Crazy Stone quest has had its rewards updated.
There is only one reward...EXP...So...cross fingers it is a little more exp?

*New daily quests have been added for levels 83-95.
This is cool if the EXP rates help break vicious cycle that is leveling up at 85+ (when your quests are useless) BH -PV if lucky (most people are fail or cant squad right)... Like I have mentioned before, it would be better to remove those PV mass EXP level up in under 10 min 3 runs...and insert higher EXP Rates for steady progression in dailies and THE QUESTS THAT ALREADY EXIST THAT DO NOTHING. Seriously, level 85: "Oh look, find little Timmy that fell in the well for 10K coins and 2K exp and 100 spirit....yeah...never going to do that quest." INCREASE THOSE RATES! Oh no...just take the easy way out and put dailies -.-

*The Paperclip for Villa questline has been optimized.
The only thing that this required is fly around and talk to NPC. The only optimization to make it "better" is less NPC talk (37 people to talk to total), and make the tracel distance shorter? Or give it a better EXP Rate for our flying around for half a day? (like the same amount 3 runs in PV gives...SEE HOW I CAN FIND OTHER WAYS TO REPLACE PV easily?)

*Crafting skills are now learned at level 28 instead of level 5.
]I never got into crafting yet, but...why this?

NPCs
*All skill trainer NPCs have been removed.
BOOOO! I love my loin clothed trainer. Burn in hades fire PWE

*Many NPCs have moved to new locations within their cities.
]Cross fingers they auto links are not FD up now...

*Many NPCs have received graphical updates.
]So....that is where my money went to...making more jiggily NPX bewbs? I Guess it was worth it......
b:surrender
Post edited by nanbo554 on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Your font color choices gave me an aneurysm. You will be hearing from my lawyer.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • nanbo554
    edited December 2014
    Your font color choices gave me an aneurysm. You will be hearing from my lawyer.

fixed
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OP, you whine too much for things you haven't even tested/seen yet. Give it a break. You are posing as a fool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • nanbo554
    edited December 2014
    OP, you whine too much for things you haven't even tested/seen yet. Give it a break. You are posing as a fool.

Another person with broken brain. Just read title and skipped to comment section to troll. How can I be wrong about an opinion on menu systems? Mail and instant skills in a menu suck compared to talking / interacting with/to a real in game asset. As I mentioned, unless you are in it to speed everything... I even gave REAL examples of things I have tested.

Same goes for the rest. I don't need to have hands on (even though I am in the game right now proving myself right) instantly to know when I already have example from other games and in this one. This is not the first update...There have been two updates alreayd where I predicted exactly what was going to happen, hence why your servers are no where near the populations they used to be...which was all predicted XD.

Sorry troll, There will be no coming back "omg I Was wrong!" I even keep it vague enough to where it can go both ways like in paper clip. The changes can only be one thing. Either add more NPCS to talk to, make smaller flight zones, or reduce the npcs to talk to or a combination of both.... What more do I need to get hands on with that will be radically different? Do you even brain bro?

You would have reason if I was complaining about new things like class skills. Since no one has had hands on the western version of them yet.
    Let me put it this way: Imagine if earnings time did not exist and was coming out this patch and the update thread said: "New earnings time will limit the time you can kill monsters" - And I responde: "I do not like earnings time as this game has a lot of features to use as bots and will not be fair for those that play all day kiling mobs, then go AFK bot at night"...and you said: "You are a fool for judging this without testing it"...Truth is, I am right...I do not need to log in, hover the mouse over the earnings icon to see "you have 8 hours of killing time left" to prove anything.... my response is still valid XD
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nanbo554 wrote: »
    *Level 80-89 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in the Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench.
    *Level 90-99 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in Eden, Brimstone Pit, and Twilight Temple.

Pretty sure you read this wrong, since BH 8X used to be wraithgate with the occasional Stygean from Hallucinatory, and BH 9X was usually Hallucinatory bosses. They just optimized it by increasing the difficulty, so people might need a modicum of skill to do them.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pretty sure you read this wrong, since BH 8X used to be wraithgate with the occasional Stygean from Hallucinatory, and BH 9X was usually Hallucinatory bosses. They just optimized it by increasing the difficulty, so people might need a modicum of skill to do them.

Yeah, I think they still mean bosses and wrote monsters instead. This is a text failure, not a game one...
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "mail on the go"

That means we don't have to use mail boxes now? Please say this is true.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    nanbo are you not tired to make a fool of yourself with every post?
    Arent you the guy that was fighting with a bot about necro, in another thread?
    giphy.gif

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I cannot take this thread with all seriousness after that post you raged at Sweetiebot.
  • hyourinn
    hyourinn Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The new user interface is SO ugly
    I hate how the character thumbnail got larger so my character's face looks different. I had it how I wanted it ugh.