[Maintenance Discussion] 12/16/14

Comments

• jessami
    jessami Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just wanted to say that it appears to be downloading for me now.
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WORLD START PATCHING NOW

TsU1FoE.jpg
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Wrong...every thing in game is EST every night reset is at midnight est NW is at 8:20 friday and Sunday EST and So far Maint has been EST

Maint has been forever PST... You've been a member since 2009, I would hope this had sunk in many blue moons ago.

On the East Coast servers yes, NW and all other events are based on your server time zone. But maintenance has forever and will always be PST.

Once again not sure what you're complaining about, they even said 6AM - It's barely 5AM EST.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellasaria - Dreamweaver
    Bellasaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    approximately 4 More Hours Left Of Maint b:bye
    LOL just for those how might not know. I have nothing better to do so hourly count downs sounded like fun b:chuckle
  • _ZubeI_ - Archosaur
    _ZubeI_ - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    any one know how big this patch in this update ? mean how much mb will take max?
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a question about the new content and if I missed it on another post/thread I am sorry.

They will increase the bag slots from 64 to 80, my question is:
    People who bought the Super Inventory Stone before the expansion will automatically get the 80 slots right? I mean, from what I understand you take a quest when you get the stone and you can only take it once, so, it should be easy for them to do that. If I can still take the quest it's because I never bought the super inventory stone, else, I bought it and deserve the 80 slots. Right?

Thanks in advance for the replies b:thanks

Mr. Justice
    edited December 2014
    Wrong...every thing in game is EST every night reset is at midnight est NW is at 8:20 friday and Sunday EST and So far Maint has been EST

on your server yes because it is an east coast server but for game wide stuff it is PST
  • virusofyourlife2
    virusofyourlife2 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    IN GAME is based on WHAT SERVER you're on. East Coast servers ARE based on EST, WEST COAST are based on PST times. However Maintenance has ALWAYS been PST. Ever wonder why Maintenance is always 2 hours AFTER RESET on East Coast Servers? It's because all times PWI bases on a clock that is EXTERNAL to the in game clock is based on PST. It's called common sense, I know it's a rare commodity nowadays, but I know you have the capability to pull the minimum amoun of wattage to make the lightbulb over your head at least flicker a little bit.

So...
    I had to point out...
    Maintenance is always posted to begin at 11PM, yet occurs after reset on east coast servers...
    Yet, the times seem to correspond in this guy's head as both being EST...
    Servers reset at midnight server time...

This means that for all things to be true 11PM must occur two hours after midnight...

Either we have an idiot on our hands, or we need a madman with a box to come fix the timey-whimey thingies...
  • aronstone369
    aronstone369 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can any GM at least give us answer we will have any manual patch or not? ty
    b:surrender
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014

No manual patch, however the auto-update is now live, so if you launch your patcher you can begin to auto-patch it now
  • loridb
    loridb Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    well.. my pather shows a blinking update bar and i have no idea what it's doing. seems like a bunch of really small files being downloaded
    edited December 2014

So...
    I had to point out...
    Maintenance is always posted to begin at 11PM, yet occurs after reset on east coast servers...
    Yet, the times seem to correspond in this guy's head as both being EST...
    Servers reset at midnight server time...

This means that for all things to be true 11PM must occur two hours after midnight...

Either we have an idiot on our hands, or we need a madman with a box to come fix the timey-whimey thingies...

lol Agreed, sonic screwdriver to the rescue. its SUPPOSE to be able to fix almost anything.
  • aronstone369
    aronstone369 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    No manual patch, however the auto-update is now live, so if you launch your patcher you can begin to auto-patch it now

i don't think i can download it that much big file with auto update only.....i hope there any manual patch there
  • loridb
    edited December 2014
    lol Agreed, sonic screwdriver to the rescue. its SUPPOSE to be able to fix almost anything.

except wood. it doesn't work on wood. i hope the servers aren't running on wood.
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i don't think i can download it that much big file with auto update only.....i hope there any manual patch there

I am pretty sure if there WAS a manual patch it would be the same size file that auto update would have.....so yea.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Hello: A new headache this game not had enough time there falait who put more ca vien very fatiguan all this what bordelle
    I <3 AGOREY
  • lanebre
    lanebre Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Its running almost 30 min for me and status bar still doesn't show its progress.. Judging by it i would say patch is HUGE
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So the update is out, the servers just aren't up yet? Must be checking stuff. Good to know the auto-update is out though.
  • okidoki2
    okidoki2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Is there something wrong about this time conversion?
    Maintenance Question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?

I would be glad if unbind stone comes to PWI.
    Anyway, I think that this expasion will be awesome. Can't wait to see it and play!
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for the update. I get to patch it right before work. :)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lanebre wrote: »
    Its running almost 30 min for me and status bar still doesn't show its progress.. Judging by it i would say patch is HUGE

I'ts a good thing we have "Huge" defined in the S.I. ;)
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hello: A new headache this game not had enough time there falait who put more ca vien very fatiguan all this what bordelle

I see what you did there. b:chuckle
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    loridb wrote: »
    except wood. it doesn't work on wood. i hope the servers aren't running on wood.
    Ehhhh... My recollection may be slightly off, but if I remember correctly (based on the episode that featured 8, 10 and 11 together, when they were held at theTower of London and the door was wood) it CAN work on wood, however it needs to have enough time to tune in to the specific resonance pattern of the wood, meaning you'd have to have two doctors from varying time streams with unaltered sonic screwdriver software (such as 8-11 had)

However, the sonic wasn't for fixing the servers, it was for fixing whatever time paradox lead to 11PM being 2 hours after 12AM...

Though, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if PWI servers were made from wood, given the lag spikes that frequent Raging Tides server at least...
  • _ZubeI_ - Archosaur
    _ZubeI_ - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If any one know about how much data will take to update it in auto update pls reply here if its more then 1.7 gb i dont gonna update it now :(
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2014

We haven't had a manual patch since 10/14 which I originally thought to be laziness on PWE's part. But with a large expansion and no manual patch, just show's me how little they care about us.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am going to guess it's big, but I do not know for certain.

Load up the starting screen thing though, it is kinda hot. And it's huge, it's like double the size now.
  • eagleff
    eagleff Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot, please find the manual patch
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:chuckle i have 1giga connection... and have to get auto patch x.x...

pwi! don't be stupid please and give us MANUAL PATCH! b:kiss
  • loridb
    edited December 2014
    Ehhhh... My recollection may be slightly off, but if I remember correctly (based on the episode that featured 8, 10 and 11 together, when they were held at theTower of London and the door was wood) it CAN work on wood, however it needs to have enough time to tune in to the specific resonance pattern of the wood, meaning you'd have to have two doctors from varying time streams with unaltered sonic screwdriver software (such as 8-11 had)

However, the sonic wasn't for fixing the servers, it was for fixing whatever time paradox lead to 11PM being 2 hours after 12AM...

Though, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if PWI servers were made from wood, given the lag spikes that frequent Raging Tides server at least...

wowow i wasn't trying to be correct when making a joke about wooden servers. but props to you for knowing all this DW detail b:victory
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    If any one know about how much data will take to update it in auto update pls reply here if its more then 1.7 gb i dont gonna update it now :(

I don't know any official numbers, however I would guess that yes, it will be more than 1.7 gb... Earthguard patch was arund 1.1 GB and contained far less than this one...

On top of 2 new classes and starter area (which is about what we got with EG) we're getting new instances, a new engine, updated NPCs, new UI, updated quests, updated BHs, etc.

I'd say MINIMUM is 1.5 gb, but my estimate is closer to 2 - 2.5 gb
This discussion has been closed.