[Maintenance Discussion] 12/16/14

Comments

• Bellasaria - Dreamweaver
    Bellasaria - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    any time they use unless stated other wise is alway PST because they are on the west coast of the USA. Maint started at 10PM PST and will end at 6AM PST.
  • Zaafira - Dreamweaver
    Zaafira - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I wont be home when the expansion is released -lots of qq-

As for the maintenance question.
    Sexchange stone.
    Or the unbinding item.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusofyourlife2
    virusofyourlife2 Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    1. There isn't one yet (Chinese based Devs control manual patches, go figure)
    2. There probably won't be one, we haven't had a manual patch since... v812 or something like that.
    3. If there WERE one it'd be at this link (clicky here)
    4. I think sweetiebot is in sleep mode at the moment.
  • Molniya - Dreamweaver
    Molniya - Dreamweaver Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I feel like someone needs to program Sweetiebot to post everytime there's a new page on here that the maintenance ends at 6pm PST and that is in X hours (currently 5)
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    I feel like someone needs to program Sweetiebot to post everytime there's a new page on here that the maintenance ends at 6pm PST and that is in X hours (currently 5)
    But maintenence ends at 6am PST, and Sweetiebot cannot be programmed to lie, therefore programming Sweetiebot to post that maintenance ends at 6pm would create problems and possible time-space wibbley-wobbley disturbances that could tear the universe to shreds, and we don't want that do we?
  • aronstone369
    aronstone369 Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i am just wonder why they start this big maintenance without having any patch from china....b:shutup
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    i am just wonder why they start this big maintenance without having any patch from china.....b:shutup
    I'm not super in-the-know about technical details on patch files, but I assume the type of patch files they're using for the update and the type of patch files needed for the auto-update in the patcher are configured differently from the type of patch files used in a manual patch.
    edited December 2014
    But maintenence ends at 6am PST, and Sweetiebot cannot be programmed to lie, therefore programming Sweetiebot to post that maintenance ends at 6pm would create problems and possible time-space wibbley-wobbley disturbances that could tear the universe to shreds, and we don't want that do we?

b:chuckle love it
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    It will go from 10PM PST - 6AM PST. I know I know, it's almost like forever! We needed a lot more time to get things set up and tested, to ensure everything works tomorrow (If it doesn't, don't blame me, I don't do maintenance's! I kid I kid, but seriously, I don't do them)

So since it seems that most people saw the first post and said "HAH! TL;DR!!!" I figured I'd trim it down to clarify what time maintenance will be. (adding in time zone because science)

Also, wanted to remind everyone, even Sparky knows that stuff will be broken, and it's NOT HIS FAULT for whatever the patch breaks, he doesn't do maintenance.
  • Barbique - Lost City
    Barbique - Lost City Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot wake up
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    b:chuckle love it
    All I'm saying is unless you happen to know a doctor who prefers his fish fingers served with custard, I don't know anyone who could fix the time-space continuom if someone programmed Sweetiebot to lie >.>
  • kemetician
    kemetician Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The RRR9 Seeker Weapon Samsara is under developed and its obvious. We need a new remake of the sword that reflects its power just as majestcly as every other class. You could create an item low cost, to change the look of the sword, and if you saw it was popular, make it cheaper. Ask any seeker, you guys dropped the ball onthe rrr9 seeker sword.
  • Ukkie - Sanctuary
    Ukkie - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All I'm saying is unless you happen to know a doctor who prefers his fish fingers served with custard, I don't know anyone who could fix the time-space continuom if someone programmed Sweetiebot to lie >.>

Maybe THE doctor? :P
    Gentlemen, I believe I am on fire
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mmm custard.
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Original post does not specify time zone and everything has gone by EST so please some one with authority needs to clarify this!
  • Healsweety - Sanctuary
    Healsweety - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A item to unbound armor
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    kemetician wrote: »
    The RRR9 Seeker Weapon Samsara is under developed and its obvious. We need a new remake of the sword that reflects its power just as majestcly as every other class. You could create an item low cost, to change the look of the sword, and if you saw it was popular, make it cheaper. Ask any seeker, you guys dropped the ball onthe rrr9 seeker sword.

Not just the seeker sword. Cleric's only got a VERY minor change in color from R9/R9.1 to R9.2, archers got a jacked up looking OHT bow, barbs also got Morai 95 weapon, mystics got R8R sprite (?), I think Veno is also R8R sprite(?), Wizzy got Morai 101 magic sword, psys got a morai weapon sprite, the only classes that got an original weapon were sins and BMs, though I actually think BMs might have gotten a reused sprite also, with a changed color scheme like the archers got.

And in MY opinion the daggers on sins looked better as R9.0/R9.1 or even as the glitched color scheme when they first launched...
  • Ajaa - Heavens Tear
    Ajaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How many people are waiting until after maintenance to make one of the new classes before using this weeks codes for the dreamchaser pack?
    edited December 2014
    How many people are waiting until after maintenance to make one of the new classes before using this weeks codes for the dreamchaser pack?

I know I am lol
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot, any manual patch ?
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    Original post does not specify time zone and everything has gone by EST so please some one with authority needs to clarify this!
    PWI's ALWAYS posted times based on PST, not EST. Always. This is because their headquarters is in Redwood CA, which if you're geographically challenged, CA (or California) is on the Pacific Coast of the United States. This location puts it in the Pacific Standard Time zone, (PST for short.)

What this means, is if there is no specified Time Zone for a post, one must assume they mean Pacific Standard Time.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Woohoo!

I can finally update patch! Or at least they finally allowed us.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot, any manual patch ?
    SweetieBot is is sleep mode and will get back to you as soon as she reboots I'm sure.

In the meantime, if there were a manual patch it would be located at This link

However, there is not one
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Hey all,

With the expansion now on the horizon, we'll be having a pretty large maintenance tonight. It will go from 10PM - 6AM. I know I know, it's almost like forever! We needed a lot more time to get things set up and tested, to ensure everything works tomorrow (If it doesn't, don't blame me, I don't do maintenance's! I kid I kid, but seriously, I don't do them)
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    Woohoo!

I can finally update patch! Or at least they finally allowed us.
    Oh hey! Sweetness, I may yet be able to play before work tomorrow xD Despite no manual patch even! OH HEY! Sexy new patcher skin!
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh hey! Sweetness, I may yet be able to play before work tomorrow xD Despite no manual patch even! OH HEY! Sexy new patcher skin!

I know right <3 Love it!
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    PWI's ALWAYS posted times based on PST, not EST. Always. This is because their headquarters is in Redwood CA, which if you're geographically challenged, CA (or California) is on the Pacific Coast of the United States. This location puts it in the Pacific Standard Time zone, (PST for short.)

What this means, is if there is no specified Time Zone for a post, one must assume they mean Pacific Standard Time.

Wrong...every thing in game is EST every night reset is at midnight est NW is at 8:20 friday and Sunday EST and So far Maint has been EST
  • virusofyourlife2
    edited December 2014
    I know right <3 Love it!

I thank you sir for the information about patcher being up, and commend you on a job well done of maintaining vigilance and such =D b:thanks
This discussion has been closed.