New pets in patch?

Options
A_newb - Archosaur
A_newb - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Venomancer
I am patiently waiting for new pets to tame.
Like fashion us venos need new pets from time to time.

Anything tameble in the new patch?

Personally i would like a ranged flying pet, prefer with magic attack like the myst have.
Post edited by A_newb - Archosaur on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    It would have been cool to get some new pets but no, we didn't get anything.

Also, they should add more pets to the evolution list :(
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Also, they should add more pets to the evolution list :(

This! I want a decent wolf-like pet!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    morenawolf wrote: »
    This! I want a decent wolf-like pet!!

Oh god yes... I want a decent wolf pet too!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I want my turtle to be able to evolve.

IDGAF about the plumpfish. My turtle's served me well even back in 08 and during dragon temple PK. I'm not just gonna ditch it after all that. b:shutup
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I want my turtle to be able to evolve.

IDGAF about the plumpfish. My turtle's served me well even back in 08 and during dragon temple PK. I'm not just gonna ditch it after all that. b:shutup

--oh the water pet mourning...
    I had a pet arrowfish (named Relic) who was always my water pet of choice, since no one else had one, and his stats were pretty okay.... he got to level 64 eventually and it would have been so nice to be able to finish his leveling with stars and evolve him if he had been given one. >: I on and off trained that pet for forever. +it would have looked really cool because come on, this is the regular version: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/images/5/52/Wicked_Teeth.png He always reminded me of a little frilled shark. He could become a bigger and longer one!

Now it's just 'evolve your legendary pet and don't bother with water pets (or air pets but those were more reasonable to level)' 'x3

I don't think there's been any new tameable mobs since the earthguard expansion, have there?
    I had a dream the other night that I was on the old PWI site (before arc) and looking at the news, and there were either two or four new legendary pets being relesaed, and one of them was represented by a grey banner that had some shadows and relic-like palavas mixed in.... and for some reason I was really worried about the harpy?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We only got like... 4ish pets during tideborn (or was it 3? Was one of the two) and then the derjan's hatchling from the morai expansion. Aside from that no new battle pets outside of the legendary ones.

Which sucks. Royally. Even if only a handful had stats good enough to be widely used thanks to game mechanics.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I really think they should have updated the stats of pets.. like take big groups and give them the same stats (eg. all the wolf-like pets -> same stats -> same evolution) and then also introduce some new ones (that evolve of course). Even if those new ones had identical stats/skills with existing pets, people would still tame them for the looks at least. Pet leveling to 100 is easy nowadays anyway with botting and FSS available.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not a real veno, I don't want new pets b:chuckle They'll hardly be better than current ones anyway and what we need before new pets is cage expanding to 15-20 slots at least b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I don't think there's been any new tameable mobs since the earthguard expansion, have there?

The dino.

There's over 75 pets you can get, isn't enough? (I stopped to count at 75, but feel free to go count them all http://pwi.ecatomb.net/pet-list.php if you have the time and patience)

You guys would cry being a mystic with always the same 3 summons (3½ if we count Crapplord that cost 2 spark for a few seconds).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • opkossy
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I'm not a real veno, I don't want new pets b:chuckle They'll hardly be better than current ones anyway and what we need before new pets is cage expanding to 15-20 slots at least b:surrender

I was about to kick you out of veno forums for such blasphemy but your statement that we need a bigger pet bag redeemed you. b:chuckle
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

I had a dream the other night that I was on the old PWI site (before arc) and looking at the news, and there were either two or four new legendary pets being relesaed, and one of them was represented by a grey banner that had some shadows and relic-like palavas mixed in.... and for some reason I was really worried about the harpy?

This is what happen when you play too much, I understand you sis. *sad hug* the only difference is that I dreamed my veno and my sin doing something I cannot talk about here. *__*

Anyway, I want a evolved Firefox too. WIth the spirit fox form I would go around yelling "Hell yeah, we're the twin kitsune! Fear us!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I was about to kick you out of veno forums for such blasphemy but your statement that we need a bigger pet bag redeemed you. b:chuckle
    b:shocked In fact I would gladly tame some more pets if I had space and some of them weren't just all class pets and non battle b:chuckle But atm the choice is quite wide and veno's capabilities to keep all this zoo up-to-date and useful are low b:surrender Especially considering miserable chance to get the desirable mood :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    morenawolf wrote: »
    This is what happen when you play too much, I understand you sis. *sad hug* the only difference is that I dreamed my veno and my sin doing something I cannot talk about here. *__*

Anyway, I want a evolved Firefox too. WIth the spirit fox form I would go around yelling "Hell yeah, we're the twin kitsune! Fear us!!"

Sis? Hugs? 'Playing too much'? What?
    OTL I've only been playing for a week after I quit for a year, it's more the enthusiasm than anything. ...And I wouldn't be a sister to siblings.

I've never liked the red kitsune pet because its jaw looks disjointed and that kills the whole thing for me.... which is apparently blasphemy, because I'm called out on it every time I post on a thread saying I never bothered to tame one...

Meh even though I can vouch for both sides and think the extra pet potential is nice, I kind of have to agree with Marengo. If/once you have legendary pets, you don't actually need a whole bunch of them or really have a reason to want more pets (except for being pretty I guess), and have leftover space in your bag for.. whatever.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think if they had added like 5 tame-able pets in each world expansion (EG, Morai, Primal) people would have been satisfied and as I said, the stats could even be identical to pets we already have and just have different looks/evolution looks. I'm pretty sure people would still tame them then, unless they invested a lot in the pets they already own.

Actually that could serve some people that level up too fast (even if they don't FCC leveling is still easier than before and pets are left behind). They could tame some at-level pets once they enter Morai or Primal if the old ones are way behind :o
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    To me, no need to have new pets, if they fix the bug where pets stay with different skin of their wild versions, would already be enough. This has been mentioned a long time, something about LOD models. But these devs are lazy, and never fix it.
    And it would be nice if release certain pets that already exist in the database, but never appeared in the game, such as Florafang Blossom.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We only got like... 4ish pets during tideborn (or was it 3? Was one of the two) and then the derjan's hatchling from the morai expansion. Aside from that no new battle pets outside of the legendary ones.

Which sucks. Royally. Even if only a handful had stats good enough to be widely used thanks to game mechanics.

Actually... we got nearly a dozen with Rising Tide, though only a couple are widely used. (Just went through the Ultimate Pet List and counted 9 land pets, plus we got an air and a water pet as well.)

Since then, all we've gotten is the dino.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Pantomine - Heavens Tear
    Pantomine - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:surrender
    I don't care if there are so many pets now. I like variety. Look at all the different fashion there are. Yet you don't see many complain about more fashion!! Why do you think they are expanding the pet cages? People LOVE pets! You can't tell me you Venos didn't fly through Earthguard area when it came out and pout because of all the cute things there you couldn't tame, and rage about all the puff birds and squirrels you wanted. It just wasnt fair! b:cry

So yes. I want more pets. I want more pet evolotions. And I want more places to level up our flying pets. And above all a place to level up water pets!! Please please please b:thanks
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I don't care if there are so many pets now. I like variety. Look at all the different fashion there are. Yet you don't see many complain about more fashion!! Why do you think they are expanding the pet cages? People LOVE pets! You can't tell me you Venos didn't fly through Earthguard area when it came out and pout because of all the cute things there you couldn't tame, and rage about all the puff birds and squirrels you wanted. It just wasnt fair!

So yes. I want more pets. I want more pet evolotions. And I want more places to level up our flying pets. And above all a place to level up water pets!! Please please please

This looks like a NECRO!

Pantomine - Heavens Tear replied to a message that was 3 months 21 days 16 hours 33 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.