Long time no see HL...

theredsand
theredsand Posts: 12 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hey all,

I just wanted to say hi! I am coming back to HL after a very long break...Honestly I thought I would never see this game again....nevertheless... I am back to have fun and hopefully see some of my old friends again. I know HL has taken a very large blow since many good players have moved on to bigger things. I hope that I will be one of many to return to game and make things fun again.

For my old friends... I pray we share more memories... to old enemies... I pray you'll cut me some slack b:chuckle and to everyone in between... I pray for your welcome

-BlooD the Psy-
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    _Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Run while you can!!! Im serious dont do it
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Welcome to your doom
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • theredsand
    theredsand Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Run while you can!!! Im serious dont do it

So you're saying I should play on LC instead? xD
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    theredsand wrote: »
    So you're saying I should play on LC instead? xD

You shouldn't play period.

Regardless of server population, the game has been suffering from a galloping economy (which in turn magnifies the importance of cash shopping), many mechanics to discourage new players from joining as becoming "end game" takes longer than ever (you must now rebirth multiple times, level up without FC hypers, and a new spirit stat obtainable only via regular daily completion, hardcore cash shopping and blatant corrupt endeavours ensures you remain behind older players unless you no-life and/or CS the game hard) and I could be wrong here because I stopped playing just as this issue was arising but sins may be more broken than ever with no signs of any intent to fix them (5 APS is back albeit in skill form this time, which actually makes it hit HARDER. Likewise the game is at a point where buffs vs. unbuffed is a huge gap in power, and because sins can avoid being purged better than anyone while also spamming trip spark for HP boosts every couple seconds, a sin can actually feel as tanky as a BM or Barb in some regards. Best offense, best defense)

Mind you I quit like....April or May so my insight is dated, but I'm sure people could chime in whether it's still accurate or not. The entire reason I quit was BECAUSE I saw these issues and did not get the impression the company was doing anything to try and fix the issues, so I asked myself why I should bother investing anymore time in a game that (in my opinion) no longer felt built to last and tada; I'd be quite suprised if someone chimed in and said the above issues I saw coming were actually remedied. PWE was typically very good about fixing issues in the past. Yes, they allowed for issues, but at the "bubbling over" point they always provided a fix that didn't involve CSing.

That seems to have changed though, cause it's gotta be a good year now that the game has existed with these faults in place, and instead of promising any fixes (again maybe I haven't heard something in this regard), they're releasing two new classes while BLATANTLY failing to address the issue that it could damned well take a player who intends on playing said classes 6 months to a year before the class can actually compete on an end-game level: New classes must level to 100 without FC hyper, they must farm gear from an abysmally barren instance that is no longer farmed AT ALL because it's drops are untradeable and the new player community is already discouraged, they must also rebirth back to 100 multiple times and they must spend a couple months doing dailies consistently to get all new skills and to get their spirit stat up to par....and even then the spirit stat WILL be waaaay behind the older players and the CSers.

If tomorrow PWE makes a statement saying they're going to make War Avatars tradeable, that Sins can no longer resist purge and that FC hypers will be enabled again, by all means give the game a try. Until then though, I think you'd be wasting your time if you expected anything from PWI beyond a mindless grind to distract you from your boredom.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sins are still broken, though more managable nowadays since I've gotten better gear. Vitae, bloods, and A cards are slightly remedied with the addition of Drake, but you'd have to hope your guild finds it ideally once a day in one of the four timeslots. Leveling to 100 is being supposedly fixed with them finally updating quests + adding new ones. hf with pving to at least 105/103/103 though.

tbh, go ahead and make one of the new classes and **** around for a bit with everyone else that's gonna make a new char if you want. I wouldn't stay though if you don't already have at least r9rr +10 on some char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't worry PWI, you had a good run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9SL-mZtVY
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As far as F2P games go, PWI is no longer a good choice. A long, long time ago, this was one of, if not the best f2p games on the market, but they very quickly went heavy pay-2-win. Game integrity is a sham as well, and it's now mostly a bunch of pre-teens running around spamming the latest meme or finding some way to stroke their imaginary giant dong.

If you are really looking for a game similar to PWI (aka online fashion/waifu simulator with the ability to also stab stuff in the eye with a giant sword when you feel like it) try something like Exiled Realm of Arborea. I would say it is currently the best fully F2P mmo on the market. A bonus there is that most of the pvp is equalized, so you can literally be pvp'ing equally with capped veterans around 15-20 hours into the game, as opposed to 1000+ hours and $1000+ in PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.