[Maintenance Discussion] 12/16/14

Comments

• blackravenxin
    blackravenxin Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    Would like to state that PWE is ONLY a publisher for PWCN. Any and all Patches must be made in China first. So if China doesn't make a manual patch then PWE can't have one for download. Also The Auto-Patch most likely won't get set to download the patch until after maintenance has started.

PWE basically has get permission first before they can release anything. >< It sucks but it is how it is done.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    Everything will be live once the maintenance is over, so 6AM (assuming no delays).

As for "12 Noon" regarding the Illusionary Stone, here's the time converter in case you're wondering about the conversion from our time to yours: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141217T12

Forums will probably look the same for now. I'm not aware of any changes as of yet.

It would be nice if they bothered to fix them before changing anything. I mean really, some issues not touched for well over a year is pretty silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackravenxin
    blackravenxin Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    he has already stated that when the stones are sent out all current toons with the exception of the new race/class, that are logged into the the server will recieve the stone. If that is not the toon you want to get the stone log out of that toon BEFORE 12 noon PST. and into the one you want to have the stone.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Everything will be live once the maintenance is over, so 6AM (assuming no delays).

As for "12 Noon" regarding the Illusionary Stone, here's the time converter in case you're wondering about the conversion from our time to yours: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141217T12

Forums will probably look the same for now. I'm not aware of any changes as of yet.

Cool, I just wanted to be sure I have time to sacrifice a goat for the devs so we get no glitches and do a celebratory booty dance at midnight!
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gameplay

*Level 80-89 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in the Wraithgate and Hallucinatory Trench.
    *Level 90-99 Bounty Quests now require killing monsters in Eden, Brimstone Pit, and Twilight Temple.
    Previous BH quest for 80-89 include bosses from bh69 and bh79 and BH 90-99 had already have brimm and eden, but TT bosses are new on this one.

Just for clraification, does this new BH only for bosses or certain mobs included?

Maintenance Question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?

b:surrender I want more than 1 new thingies
    - Account stash expansion stone
    - Summonable pet which carrying extra bag for looting, even with super inventory stone, the space is not enough due to apo, pots, gear swap, and others.
    - Ability to attack while on mount.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Doom_Kitty - Lost City
    Doom_Kitty - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another cool suggestion for an update, instead of having to go to your mailbox everytime you had mail, what if you clicked the lil mail icon and it auto opened whatever mail you had?

Same for your bank :P

and a bigger inventory and fashion stone, i got max size and with all the new fash it just not big enough b:chuckle
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maintenance question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?

The ability to mix-and-match, dye, and also transform our armor without changing stats. Fashion in nice and all, but gear can look awesome as well, but not to the point where everyone looks the same. This is something that's becoming popular in many games and I love it.b:pleased

And holy **** that patch has a lot changing......b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Botique fashion that looks like ingame armor, kind of like fashion weapons
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • ultradry
    ultradry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *New forges in Archosaur allow you to reforge and upgrade max-level gear, including Rank IX and Warsoul items.

this is in the patch notes surtr posted but not it sparkies notes

SweetieBot can u confirm its true and whats in the forges?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ultradry wrote: »

SweetieBot can u confirm its true and whats int he forges?
    I could, but what would be the point?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maintenance Question: If you could have 1 new thing in this expansion, that has never existed before in PWI, what would it be and why?
    A stone that allows me to put any existing weapon skin onto another weapon. So tired of seeing the same g16/r9rr skins on everyone. I would love to be able to skin my r9rr/g16 weapons with g15 TT skins, or OHT skins, or anything else.
  • jeromepogitalga
    jeromepogitalga Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey sparkie about the level boost item, does it just level you to 95 or it will also give spirit so that we can catch up for our skills?
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    NO PATCH??????????b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie can you be clearer on the times? I'm not too certain about it because when I clicked on your link, it made it seem like it was going on NOW. Which doesn't seem to be the case. So what are estimated time and all the good stuff, because that was confusing the hell out of me

EDIT: What will the forums look like with this update? I'm very curious about that hehehe

Yes, the initial time conversion isn't working properly, for some odd reason, I had to do the transition myself in order to find the proper times, so you'd best do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demodude - Dreamweaver
    Demodude - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    For East Coast servers the item is being mailed out at 3pm server time tomorrow
    ChayalBoded 102/102/101 Celestial Sage Rank 9 Assassin

English is my second language sorry that I mess up sometimes

Tempest b:dirty
  • Mpfi - Sanctuary
    Mpfi - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hey sparkie about the level boost item, does it just level you to 95 or it will also give spirit so that we can catch up for our skills?

I can't find the link now, but I remember it saying we got 40 mil spirit as well for skills. I'll keep trying to dig up the old link.

Edited to add:
    Okay, this is the link I remember reading.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=22067281&postcount=72
    "If people get any more picky about their squad makeup, there's going to be a fashion requirement in order to join squads."
    Reliea - Sanctuary
  • cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Any manual Patch yet ??? b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    cenaisback wrote: »
    Any manual Patch yet ??? b:cryb:cryb:cry
    Note:
    We have to get China to make those for us, and lately they haven't been doing it for us. I've poked them once again to get us one, since this patch is pretty big.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cenaisback
    cenaisback Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Note:

hope it comes out soon as in my country we still uses 3G hehe
  • Bloodstains - Dreamweaver
    Bloodstains - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch b:shocked
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 816-817
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The ability to mix-and-match, dye, and also transform our armor without changing stats. Fashion in nice and all, but gear can look awesome as well, but not to the point where everyone looks the same.
    - Account stash expansion stone
    - Summonable pet which carrying extra bag for looting, even with super inventory stone, the space is not enough due to apo, pots, gear swap, and others.
    - Ability to attack while on mount.

Yes, please.
    A NerveGear.

I rather have an AmuSphere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • MrsPerez - Harshlands
    MrsPerez - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait for this update, with Christmas vacation it's time to play for real. Hopefully this won't disappoint us! Also I'd want wedding packs that allow for homosexual marriage ;) b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thage
    thage Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait for the update!

The one thing I'd like added so many others have already said, an unbinding stone. I'll take it one step further by requesting that it could be used on venomancer pets. I'd really love to turn my harpy and herc back into eggs since I don't play my veno much. I'd much rather be able to unbind them and sell to people. Someone else could use the pet more then me and I surely could use the money. b:surrender
  • exosaint#4425
    exosaint#4425 Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i would not and any thing new but change up some things like FREE TELEPORTATION like omg that is y most lower level ppl are broke cuz teleport costs can get ridiculous its almost 10k just to go any were from thousand stream or dreamweaver port ya there teleport stones but those only last till u run out id make teleporting from a npc free or give ppl the ability to buy teleport stones from a npc for like maybe 10 or 100 coins each same with certain charms like the bronze ones would be sold at a npc for coin basically anything thats not a really big seller cuz really who spends gold on bronze charms >.> most ppl would rather pay coins the waist gold on bronze charms

but w/e not like any of this well happen b:cry
  • Foxyz - Raging Tide
    Foxyz - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited December 2014

more inventory slots, more wardrobe slots, more pet slots and more stuf to buy with event gold
  • framinator
    framinator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Faction Jacket, yes Fashion has existed but a "Faction Jacket" has not. What is a Faction Jacket you ask....think of something like a High School Letterman Jacket or a Biker Gang Jacket

Your Faction Name and Icon would automatically appear on the back, perhaps patches on shoulders to denote officership in faction

I prefer Biker Gang style Jacket myself, with Faction Name on rocker across the top back and Icon right in the middle of the back, but PWI could offer different styles, Letterman Jacket, or a military style Jacket, like a flight Jacket or cruise Jacket, again with a Patch in the middle with Faction Icon and a rocker across the back shoulders of Faction name, perhaps some kinda strips for officers on sleeves. Maybe even a Join date, Achievement patches.

Achievement patches could be sold in the boutique and only eqiupped once the player has actually accomplished an achievement. Possible achievements, War Veteran...attend a TW....or a stripe for every Tw ATTENDED. STRIPES sold in the shop for like 10 silver but attend 10 TW and you can equip 10 stripes on the sleeve

This is just a rough idea and would of course need to be refined, but I think a "Faction Jacket" would be a Hot Item in the Boutique.

Of course once you left a Faction your Jacket would go back to BLANK, But the Faction name and Icon should be automatic while achievement patches would have to be re earned and re purchased, again patches should be cheap, but everything counts in large amounts, think of the potential ssales PWI. I would buy one if offered

Please reply to this post if you would buy one too b:victory
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A NerveGear. The one who knows what it is, know why :)
    I rather have an AmuSphere.

I can see some people other then me were watching SAO this week.....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait for this update, with Christmas vacation it's time to play for real. Hopefully this won't disappoint us! Also I'd want wedding packs that allow for homosexual marriage ;) b:victory

Never going to happen. The Chinese government won't allow it to be put in their games.

inb4 "why not just have it for us?" because China screens everything it exports or imports. So they'd find it and refuse it exit of the country.
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I predict that sweetiebot will be asked 100 times for manual patch and at least 75 times about server status before maintenance is over...b:thanksb:thanksb:laugh
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.