The Sin Issue...and The Problem With Haters

2»

Comments

• Auerlius - Archosaur
    Auerlius - Archosaur Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find most of those people don't know the first thing about the sin class. Or they are just bad at the game in general.

I know plenty of OP geared players that rolled a sin and thought they would roll the good sins because the class is 'ez'.

Easy to play, hard to master. Much like barbs, seekers, archer, clerics, mystics, and psy's. Most basic classes in this game. I don't call any of them better than the other, and they all have abusable gimmicks.

Ever tried to kill a jaded or def sharded cleric without GoF or SS? Nope, not gonna happen, especially not on a sin. My class has a lot of perk, i accept that. But don't tell me that the class is so broken that there is no way any of us could actually be skilled in this game. A lot of it has to do with gear, buffs, debuffs, etc. There are more factors than just your class, so why always resort to settling on that as a deciding factor?

I just don't get it.

you kjeep making this about an attack on you dion...it isn't. i am saying they could have balkanced things better. you gonna argue that too?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    All servers should have azzazin's cleric with end-gear.
    I wonder how many threads there would be about clerics being OP.

Way too many. If half of these clerics even had the skill Aeliah had. I pretty sure they all have clerics with the 'gear', but nowhere near the knowledge of the sin class, or even their own class.

Even with equal gear i can't win against Aeliah, because he knows more about his class and my class than i do. Yea he makes mistakes, but he minimizes those mistakes.
    you kjeep making this about an attack on you dion...it isn't. i am saying they could have balkanced things better. you gonna argue that too?

So are you saying that balance is the ONLY problem? Or are there several problems and balance being one of them? If you agree with the latter, why are all your threads only about balance?

Yea they could have balanced things 'better'. But in a game with so many variables its hard to do. SO what do we do? We sit down and analyze the situation and give constructive and OBJECTIVE criticism. We go out and test things.

If you want people to take your word as more than just QQ, that's what you are gonna have to do. I'm not gonna take anyone's word for it. I've had elimination specifically used on me several times in all kinds of situations. I have personally never died to it, and these sins have +12 dags. But I'm not gonna sit here and say its not OP in some cases. Or that it doesn't do mad damage on AA's, because I haven't even used mine in PVP yet, I've been away from the game for a month.

This isn't about an attack on me, this is about what you have said multiple times in this one thread.
    Tried this, the recharge times are too long. As a sin one can just stealth cd and do it again. 33% of your skill working vs 100% chance of theirs working = bogus easy mode class

Implying stealth doesn't have a cooldown, and that 1 mechanic makes sins an 'ez' mode class. Typical of people who dislike stealth mechanics.
    what burns is so many people flock to what is easy. easy mode class=easy mode players=lower chances for any respectable pvp=dead pvp=how it is now. so while it's ok to dish out the smug comments from your ez chair think about this, would you be as sucessful with another class as your main? and if you put time and effort into a toon, wouldn't you want to see it be competitive with other toons of equal gear/level? or is that too much of a disadvantage for you?

Implies that sins aren't respectable in pvp.
    Implies one can't be successful without a sin main, AFTER stating that one can play all the classes competently.
    Implies that the only reason I play a sin is for the 'competitive advantage'.

I actually spend less on my sin (cosmetic wise) than i do my other toons. I don't give a damn about competative edge. If I like playing my archer the most I'd r9rr that sucker and rock it with no complaints.
    as soon as i came back people all over the server are complaining about not wanting to finish their toons and just make a sin. i wasn't trying to be specific...so go ahead and be smug (Dion, not you Torah), cause one way or another we will fade to dust and none if this will matter. what matter's is the now and enough folks are fed up and realize saying something here won't change anything. so i wirite...some of the things i have posted are directing from my thinking, some aren't.

Forgets that one reason people want to roll a sin is because 'Sinz OP', and don't realize the good sins have been playing them for years.
    torah when we spared i wasn't trying to win...i was trying to survive. that is also when i discovered how important the cards were. but that in and of itself also showed how ridiculously powerful those skills were.
    A combination of both perhaps? But no, of course not, it was just the skills.
    guys, all i am saying is this, no insults no smugness no anything other than more thought could have been put into the design of the assassin class. WoW did so very effectively with the rogue, and even nerfed it when they had to. With the return of the original devs they should have access now to the original programming. these sin posts pop up more often and more frequently than any other class...it's for a reason. just change it already. make it so that people dont feel like they wasted their thime with other classes. it's just too easy vs when you have to struggle, to see the difference. if you can't see that then i guess we're done here.

Implies that PWI is like WoW....Wish we had a pally class, that would be dope. Anywho, everyone has an opinion. Wait in line. I struggled for years in this game when people refused to help me do anything because I had a 'sin'. I have surpassed most of those people. If people feel like they are wasting their time then maybe they are playing the wrong game. Especially if they are letting some hype discourage them from playing a class they 'supposedly' like.
    PS: RL presented an opportunity that was honestly more challenging and rewarding than an online life here. that is what called me away. how the mods handle the post last time is what made me quit. torah you remember, complaint and all i kept fighting you til you were bored. win, lose so what...in life you gonna do both. some winning here some losing there and sometimes you get a trifecta of a winning loss that equals a draw (?) but it saddens me that i left the game for a few months, came back and within 15 minutes hearing some friends complain about how they wasted their time on their toon and shoulda made a sin, from the nubs to the 3r9 mystic or what have you....

Refer to my point above.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That kind of gear I'm sure exists in most servers, all +12 josd is not uncommon, and there has been a few QQ threads about clerics in 1v1 from other servers prior to NH update. Though I haven't seen clerics with that level of skill and experience play wise since azza.

Said gear exists, but not with all the updates done and cards. In those terms, myself and two other clerics are technically the best geared on my server and all three of us are mostly full +11 with them having a couple pieces +12 and me having two pieces jaded.

tbh tho, cleric is one of the classes most well-equipped to deal with a sin's bull****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Said gear exists, but not with all the updates done and cards. In those terms, myself and two other clerics are technically the best geared on my server and all three of us are mostly full +11 with them having a couple pieces +12 and me having two pieces jaded.

tbh tho, cleric is one of the classes most well-equipped to deal with a sin's bull****.

I think there was a period (maybe even still) where the general player base didn't fully realise how much of an impact a cards advantage has, the difference between S and A cards and how much extra firepower and defence they give, and perhaps blamed it too much on the class imbalances which are of course a factor. The increase in weapon attack is staggering.

For example when I first got my S card set I would one shot archers in a rival faction with BoA, archers that were full + 12 full josd but weak A cards, and they would do barely any damage to myself. Now as time has progressed and people have caught up with cards passives and spirit the difference isn't so big.

When I was testing damage with Aeliah I charm bypassed him on a purge'in autoattack, which had been impossible for any archer on his gear level w/o sparks or debuffs.

So on a server where there are quite a few endgame sins who get a head start on cards suddenly roll around the server rekking peeps and you get the ol' "wtf bro y sins OP" threads.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find most of those people don't know the first thing about the sin class. Or they are just bad at the game in general.

I know plenty of OP geared players that rolled a sin and thought they would roll the good sins because the class is 'ez'.

Easy to play, hard to master. Much like barbs, seekers, archer, clerics, mystics, and psy's. Most basic classes in this game. I don't call any of them better than the other, and they all have abusable gimmicks.

Ever tried to kill a jaded or def sharded cleric without GoF or SS? Nope, not gonna happen, especially not on a sin. My class has a lot of perk, i accept that. But don't tell me that the class is so broken that there is no way any of us could actually be skilled in this game. A lot of it has to do with gear, buffs, debuffs, etc. There are more factors than just your class, so why always resort to settling on that as a deciding factor?

I just don't get it.

Pre NH I was beating full +12 archers with my aps sin and N3 dags. I was beating +12 jaded psy, abusing the sins abilities to as far as I could. The class was **** easy to play while abusing the most obvious things to get kills while being severly undergeared. Heck, I took on 2 R9T3 seekers alone and beat em the same time, while both of them outgeared me. I have played sin, I know exactly how easy its to win with against people you really shouldnt due gear difference. With NH skills its just as easy to kill with as it was with aps sin, its only way tankier and thus way easier to not die with.

When you play a sin and pass a certain point of skill, you will be beating majority of other classes, no matter how godlike players they might be. The damage, the defenses with tidal, the CC... There is only so many defensive options you can use and sins defenses are difficult to bypass when we arent talking herp derp waste of space kind of sins. The amount of control over the fight sin has is ridiculous and large part of the reason why they are so broken. You can so easily force genie/apoth CDs off people while not really burning your own resources its stupid. Sooner or later you are out of CDs, no matter how well you play outside of kiting to Africa and if you manage to get there, you are no closer to actually killing the sin.

Ps. Then again maybe its just playing archer and having the shortest stick on every single matchup talking.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop