New PWI Expansion, PWI: Eclipse

Comments

• mysticalconumdrm
    mysticalconumdrm Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    am i the only one who can admit i was wrong....I assumed it would be the morning of the 16th
    .and looking back why would PWI start and expansion on tues morn with all its bugs and glitches and then shutdown 24 hrs later for maint...
    .ohh..well...one more day of boring(but necessary farming)

Confusous says...it aint an emesis basin if it cant hold a large pizza and a six pack of beer
  • Khalos - Dreamweaver
    Khalos - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's really ridiculous that people are asking and demanding this. Are people really this impatient?
    They have not said one word about maintenance being any different time than it normally is, which is many, many hours from now. Why do people think that when they say 'expansion on the 16th' that it will be ready to go at 12:01am Dec 16th? Or even 8:00am Dec 16th? When has that ever happened? Unless they say otherwise, maintenance time is the same time it always is.
    And I see the ranting and raging has already started, arguing semantics as to why the expansion should already be live. This is why I don't typically visit the forums the day of a release, these kinds of people come out of the woodwork by the dozens.

Already, our WC is getting all kinds of this same kind of thing.

Personally when I hear Live on the 16th, I picture the patch being on or around 12PM EST. Anywheres from 10AM to 2PM depending on the time zone. I don't mind though, I was hoping to play PWI today but I'll just wait 'til tomorrow. I have plenty of other things to do b:laugh !
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's really ridiculous that people are asking and demanding this. Are people really this impatient?
    They have not said one word about maintenance being any different time than it normally is, which is many, many hours from now. Why do people think that when they say 'expansion on the 16th' that it will be ready to go at 12:01am Dec 16th? Or even 8:00am Dec 16th? When has that ever happened? Unless they say otherwise, maintenance time is the same time it always is.
    And I see the ranting and raging has already started, arguing semantics as to why the expansion should already be live. This is why I don't typically visit the forums the day of a release, these kinds of people come out of the woodwork by the dozens.

Already, our WC is getting all kinds of this same kind of thing.

With maintenance being 11pm it would not be live on the 16th like it says would it ?
    Maintenace being at 11pm it would be live on the 17th ..... This is the cause of confusion.

16th and 17th are two different days today is the 16th which is when its stated to be live, tomorrow is the 17th which is the day after its stated to be live .... See now ?
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well for one thing, we know for sure that the expansion will be here on the 17th because of the Illusionary Crystal being sent out on the 17th, so therefore, calm ya'll **** man, it's just 24 hours, you can wait, damn!

I'm just a bit upset because there were no other blog posts about the expansion, whatsoever.
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Khalos - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Well for one thing, we know for sure that the expansion will be here on the 17th because of the Illusionary Crystal being sent out on the 17th, so therefore, calm ya'll **** man, it's just 24 hours, you can wait, damn!

I'm just a bit upset because there were no other blog posts about the expansion, whatsoever.

I know, it's kind of funny. Some people are just now finding out about the expansion, meanwhile I have been waiting for quite a while :P I don't often play PWI anymore but I am hoping the new features/class will hook me again.
  • Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary
    Monk_Miroku - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Then it's not the 16th ... Looks like it was harder to put the correct date which would be the 17th that it goes live.

I just returned to the game for this patch so i don't know maintenance times .... But ..... Who does maintenance at 11pm ?

it's the 16th, but remember UK is 8 hours ahead of PST time, and since PWE is west coast based, the maint is on the day of for us, and near day's end for them, if not the next day for them but still same day for us
  • Shanleen - Dreamweaver
    Shanleen - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    give us bigger wardrobe too!! QQ
    ✿ ѕнαиℓєєи✿ b:cute
  • Ghoull - Dreamweaver
    Ghoull - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm aggravated I haven't played in about a year I come back to check things out, and my client won't even let me open it! I get a quick loading icon after hitting start, then poof nothing happens!
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm aggravated I haven't played in about a year I come back to check things out, and my client won't even let me open it! I get a quick loading icon after hitting start, then poof nothing happens!

Probably because you haven't installed ARC. I can only assume, given the lack of information, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyone have the manual patch yet? Sweetiebot please locate tonights manual patch. :D
  • xenamoom
    xenamoom Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Good afternoon,
    Someone can tell me when the update will start? Nobody have some information, yet? I'll being happy for answers. Anyone???
  • Ghoull - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Probably because you haven't installed ARC. I can only assume, given the lack of information, though.

Have installed Arc, and installed through Arc.
  • pikaxuwithx
    pikaxuwithx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maintenances have >>>>> always <<<<< been on Tuesday nights, meaning the update will only be playable by tomorrow.

Why do some people think it would be different this time? lol
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver
    105/105/105 - achieved on December 25th, 2014 b:dirty christmas present! \o/

b:angry PWI stole my avatar

youtube.com/Hunkary b:victory TW, NW, PvP, PvE and more... videos! :D
  • tenshikyuusai
    tenshikyuusai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i know i know..patience is a must around here but damn I am running low on that xD
  • Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I just wouldnt mind to get more updates from pwi or gm's or arc or whatever, more info about upcoming content, fashion, skilz, new mounts or dungeons. it would help while waiting last hours. this waiting is going to kill me b:shocked
  • pikaxuwithx
    edited December 2014
    I just wouldnt mind to get more updates from pwi or gm's or arc or whatever, more info about upcoming content, fashion, skilz, new mounts or dungeons. it would help while waiting last hours. this waiting is going to kill me b:shocked

Want a spoiler? Glitches and more glitches will come with the patch tomorrow :)
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver

• Medeina - Raging Tide
    Medeina - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    more glitches - is not a spoiler, its an inevitable reality.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1715941

That topic is not 'official' but has been up for months since the update went live on PWCN in Sept.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Called it.

People so silly expecting otherwise. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Have installed Arc, and installed through Arc.

Sucks to be you then, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
    However, go to the technical support forum, make a thread in which you give the exact error text, people there are really helpful and there is staff that checks those forums that answer this type of problems now and again. Also, you could try sending a ticket, but I'd do that after I'd tried the support forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SoulPlay - Heavens Tear
    SoulPlay - Heavens Tear Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Maintenances have >>>>> always <<<<< been on Tuesday nights, meaning the update will only be playable by tomorrow.

Why do some people think it would be different this time? lol

Because when they say the 16th you know ... people think the 16th ?
    Yet it's not the 16th is it ? It will be the 17th.

Yeah yeah maintenance is always at 11pm ...... still not the 16th though.
  • Ghoull - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Called it.

People so silly expecting otherwise. b:chuckle

Any idea why the game won't open?
    Sucks to be you then, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
    However, go to the technical support forum, make a thread in which you give the exact error text, people there are really helpful and there is staff that checks those forums that answer this type of problems now and again. Also, you could try sending a ticket, but I'd do that after I'd tried the support forum.

Yeah I tried there still no answer. These no real error, the game just never actually launches after I hit start.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    the support forum seems to be kind of dead
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Khalos - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2014
    Hmm.. A graphics overhaul would be nice for PWI. If only. Update all the textures for objects :P And performance updates. Definitely performance updates. It can still be choppy on an i5-5670k and GTX 770 4GB :P
  • pikaxuwithx
    edited December 2014
    Because when they say the 16th you know ... people think the 16th ?

Yeah yeah maintenance is always at 11pm ...... still not the 16th though.

That's a typo they made that happened last year with the rebirth update as well...
    They mean the maintenance starts today (the 16th), but will only be finished by tomorrow (the 17th) :P

Blame them, not me. I'm just pointing the truth here XD
    Hunkary - Dreamweaver

• Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Because when they say the 16th you know ... people think the 16th ?

Yeah yeah maintenance is always at 11pm ...... still not the 16th though."

The following is intended for anyone that has whined about the trivial confusion over the availibilty to logging into the new expansion!

NO!! Not ALL people think as you suggest, you are speaking for yourself and PERHAPS those that think like you!

Here is what I and EVERYONE I know in game THINK!!!

PWI made it CLEAR the expansion was coming on the 16th - They DID NOT SAY "log on and play the new expansion on the 16th!!!"

Maintenance is INITIATED on SAID DATE!!!!!
    11PM SERVER TIME!!!!! IF YOU do not live in time zone of servers then it will be INITIATED an hour OR MORE later (depending on YOUR timezone)!

Having played almost six years - I and MOST players KNOW the expansion download will come AS A DOWNLOAD resulting from a SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE!!! In the case of THIS expansion, WE (and I can speak for EVERYONE I know) knew EXACTLY what PWI meant with their announcement. 11pm on the 16th the servers SHUT DOWN for maintenance AND make the Expansion data available for download. Since you CAN NOT log on until maintenance completes (hours later) you CAN NOT PLAY until the following day, the 17th!

Seriously, why are there so many people confused over something so simple! It boggles the mind!!

Is there NOTHING people will find to whine about?
  • tideborn4ever
    tideborn4ever Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Imagine how impatient someone can be that he can't wait for a single day.
  • xkirtashx
    xkirtashx Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "Because when they say the 16th you know ... people think the 16th ?

Yeah yeah maintenance is always at 11pm ...... still not the 16th though."

The following is intended for anyone that has whined about the trivial confusion over the availibilty to logging into the new expansion!

NO!! Not ALL people think as you suggest, you are speaking for yourself and PERHAPS those that think like you!

Here is what I and EVERYONE I know in game THINK!!!

PWI made it CLEAR the expansion was coming on the 16th - They DID NOT SAY "log on and play the new expansion on the 16th!!!"

Maintenance is INITIATED on SAID DATE!!!!!
    11PM SERVER TIME!!!!! IF YOU do not live in time zone of servers then it will be INITIATED an hour OR MORE later (depending on YOUR timezone)!

Having played almost six years - I and MOST players KNOW the expansion download will come AS A DOWNLOAD resulting from a SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE!!! In the case of THIS expansion, WE (and I can speak for EVERYONE I know) knew EXACTLY what PWI meant with their announcement. 11pm on the 16th the servers SHUT DOWN for maintenance AND make the Expansion data available for download. Since you CAN NOT log on until maintenance completes (hours later) you CAN NOT PLAY until the following day, the 17th!

Seriously, why are there so many people confused over something so simple! It boggles the mind!!

Is there NOTHING people will find to whine about?
    Still that's not reason to not wanting PWE to make the things more clear ^^

And here (http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9007823-pwi-eclipse-overview!) you can read "expansion goes live December 16th!". You are right about how PWE has done always the updates, but still that phrase is wrong =P
  • erisu
    erisu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, but when I hear "new expansion coming the sixteenth!" I don't think "Oh, maintenance begins the sixteenth and you can play the seventeenth!" I think, "Oh, neat, I get to try new classes on the sixteenth!"
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ummm have you snorted glue as a child?
    We have had a couple of threads for months already with everything the expansion brought to China, naturally they will not be making any balance changes particularly for this version.
    I won't even try to argue that you have issues with spotting real balance issue, I'm just going to point out that you're delusional if you expect anything other than what has already been found.

Honestly, at this point, I don't think we will ever get a dq system, since there is no motivation for it.
    We got it in the first place because China had nerfed the dq prices because of their illegal bot problems, and we had no such problems here.
    However, now that we have an official bot function in the game for all to use, there is no need for them to make a special system to compensate us for our lack of bots, since we have had them as well.
    If anything, this price nerf should have been implemented the second they introduced the bot function in game, it has already damaged us at this point in time (but of course no one complained they were leaving bots on over time and came back in the morning to a couple of millions to bank on).

Why keep the drops at all if they are worth nothing. If they are getting rid of DQ, get rid of all the items rather than have worthless drops.