Level 95 Illusionary Stone [New Update 12/19]

Comments

• Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess the one question I would have, as it's obvious it is critical that you log in with the correct character, or new character, prior to logging in with any other character on your account, is the starting point of this promo exactly at 12:01am (Server Time) on 12/17/14, or is it some other random unknown time, like start of business the morning of the 17th, for example?

Secondly, if you are unaware or forgetful like many of us, unfortunately, tend to be and have a character in auto-cultivation, or set up as a shop, prior to the moment this promotion begins, and it is logged in already as the moment passes, is that the character that will be mailed the item or is it the character that next actually logs in? Basically, is the act of logging in the trigger, or is it being logged in when the promotion starts?

Thank you so much, in advance, for answering this : )

rofl! log in with the right toon, at the right UNKOWN TIME. as we all know, events in pwi always start on time, are never late, and never are forgotten to initialize. what a cluster**** from the get go! why not just make it stashable ffs!? good thing you guys didn't shove the bloated and unnecessary arc-system up our butts, else we could have used arc-codes for the illusionary stone. jesus chirst.
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014

One last note, it is important to remember to log into your account with the character you intend to level up. If you don't have a character yet made, simply make one and the item will be mailed to it. Just don't log into a different character, than try to log onto the newly made character, as the item won't get sent to you properly.

b:shocked so when server time hits Dec 17 00:00 ? after that time we should log in the right toons we want the item on? b:shocked

• StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Spiritpoints has been mentioned already, but do we get those or are we just screwed on that?

How about Cultivation? a crapload of spirit points isn't worth much on lvl 95, without culti done, so are we gonna spend days on culti or is it fixed with the pill? if yes what about the demon/sage choice?
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Spiritpoints has been mentioned already, but do we get those or are we just screwed on that?

How about Cultivation? a crapload of spirit points isn't worth much on lvl 95, without culti done, so are we gonna spend days on culti or is it fixed with the pill? if yes what about the demon/sage choice?
    Demon/Sage choice is quest based. You'd simply have to do your culti up to that point and make your choice.
    With a lvl95, even in the lowest Morai95 gear, the culti is very easy to catch up on. Especially since they cut huge portions of it out. I couldn't believe how short it had gotten the last time I did it.
    This is assuming no higher level mains to fund with or other accounts to help out. If you have a main 100+ on a different account to drag the new char around, the culti becomes a joke.

As for spirit, auto-cultivation is the way I'm going to deal with that. Only DQ is nerfed, but can still get a bunch of spirit and exp doing it.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i thought the culti quests get skipped if you keep leveling, as in if you go 1-95 you can immediately to the 89 culti and not have to worry about completing the previous quests?

somebody posted how the previous items that do level boosting in china worked, it was exp + spirit + simple gear set for that level (they did 1-80 and it included the gold gear from bh79 drops). hopefully this item does something similar but im not worried about gear and neither should anyone else.

i am very happy they introduced something like this, but i find the $60 pricetag to be a bit excessive. the price wont stop those who would go crazy using them (for alts) from doing it but it will be a pretty difficult barrier to less serious/able players to use them after the free one.

*edit* ok i saw sparkie's response and from his wording the item doesn't grant exp it sets exp like i originally thought.

i am not a fan of how this item is being distributed though, why create a plan with so much room for error? if you are sending it to the first toon logged into, and it's one per account, then it should be stashable imho. the code system so far has been working so well, why not just give out a code? there are still a ton of players who do not read the forums, can we expect red-chat spam for this (probably)? if not by code why not use an interface on the website like charge rewards where you log in and assign the item to a toon on your account?
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cotillion

I do know demon/sage is quest based - still it isn't anything but code which can be changed if devs choose to Culti won't be too bad, agree on that, and with a 101 rb1 bm or my wifes 101 rb2 veno it shouldn't take long - tho some ppl may not have that option, hence why i put it in my questions.

For the spirit points, I really hope there is spirit points in that pill or welcome to a possible bot hell :\ - ror gives a bit too, but damn bots all over the place could be a possible nightmare x.x
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • pulpit
    pulpit Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sounds great, obviously your answer to what World of ******** has done to attract new players or bring back old ones. But what are you going to do for your base who have multiple accounts with multiple characters all of which are already over 95 if not 100+ or reborn that may or may not have room to create a new character. I know of a faction member with two accounts that deleted two 96th level characters to make room to create two from the new classes, the rest of his 14 characters are 100 or higher. I have three accounts with 21 characters giving me room to make only three characters from the new classes all on the same account. My existing characters will be or already are 96th level or higher. We are the type people who devoted our time and money to your game and now we feel left out. Nobody wants to be the one who doesn't get a present for Christmas.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pulpit wrote: »
    Sounds great, obviously your answer to what World of ******** has done to attract new players or bring back old ones. But what are you going to do for your base who have multiple accounts with multiple characters all of which are already over 95 if not 100+ or reborn that may or may not have room to create a new character. I know of a faction member with two accounts that deleted two 96th level characters to make room to create two from the new classes, the rest of his 14 characters are 100 or higher. I have three accounts with 21 characters giving me room to make only three characters from the new classes all on the same account. My existing characters will be or already are 96th level or higher. We are the type people who devoted our time and money to your game and now we feel left out. Nobody wants to be the one who doesn't get a present for Christmas.

you answered your own question, delete toons. I mean this promotion and the item itself is intended for those who *DONT* have an account full of 100+ openers. you and players like you dont fit into the target of this promotion, i do not understand what you are asking for if you have three slots available you can make use of the promotion and still have one of each of the new classes.
  • Erven - Sanctuary
    Erven - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this promotion and the item itself is intended for those who *DONT* have an account full of 100+ openers. you and players like you dont fit into the target of this promotion
    Wrong, this "promotion" is intended to get people back to the game and right to the proper level, so they can already spend $, since NH "expansion" made a lot of people quit.
  • evilvampire16
    evilvampire16 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie-sama, if I may so call you, I want to be cleared about something.
    By using the free 95 Level-Up Stone does it:

a. level you ONLY to 95

or

b. level you beyond 95 if you have a level below it, eg. a level 88 or 94 character
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie-sama, if I may so call you, I want to be cleared about something.
    By using the free 95 Level-Up Stone does it:

a. level you ONLY to 95

or

b. level you beyond 95 if you have a level below it, eg. a level 88 or 94 character

Answer:
    This item will take any character from 1-95 upon use.
    Source :
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9009273-free-level-95!
  • pulpit
    pulpit Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    you answered your own question, delete toons. I mean this promotion and the item itself is intended for those who *DONT* have an account full of 100+ openers. you and players like you dont fit into the target of this promotion, i do not understand what you are asking for if you have three slots available you can make use of the promotion and still have one of each of the new classes.

I get this, and i've been playing this game since year one (almost six years). I know this promotion isn't targeted for me, the question I had what will be targeted for me. What do I get for my loyalty. Why not give me 5 levels to make a 100 level unborned toon to 105.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pulpit wrote: »
    I get this, and i've been playing this game since year one (almost six years). I know this promotion isn't targeted for me, the question I had what will be targeted for me. What do I get for my loyalty. Why not give me 5 levels to make a 100 level unborned toon to 105.

How bout for the fact you are asking bout 20 times the xp they are giving away?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At first was a lil' hyped cause the PWI Facebook page said:
    Ever wanted to try a new class, but didn't have the time to level it? Check out this free character boost we will be giving away once the expansion launches! Instantly boost your character to level 95, and get started on your journey to becoming a fearsome warrior!

But now after reading the Arc link and this thread, kinda lost the hype.

Oh well, still have some low lvls to get up 95+ b:surrender
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • racke92
    racke92 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well PWI, lvl boost without spirit or a bit gold would be useless...How to upgrade skills without it?
    Give us lets say...All skills and lvl 95 that would be good for pill.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    racke92 wrote: »
    Well PWI, lvl boost without spirit or a bit gold would be useless...How to upgrade skills without it?
    Give us lets say...All skills and lvl 95 that would be good for pill.

At that lvl 95 start doing your spiritual cultivation from 0, do quests( much easy now doing low lvl quests) and you will get enough spirit to learn your skills.
    giphy.gif

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Personally I find this convenient. I've got a two second sets of classes I wanted to try with a different path, but at the time FC of course was making me sick to my stomach, so they never even got past level 10 and were forgotten. Guess I'll give it another go since this item is coming out. Won't take that long to catch up on the culti's anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll simply make a cleric on my bank account, since I'm switching servers, I'll have a personal buff toon ^^
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • racke92
    edited December 2014
    At that lvl 95 start doing your spiritual cultivation from 0, do quests( much easy now doing low lvl quests) and you will get enough spirit to learn your skills.

Whats about coins u need a lot of coins to upgrade skills?
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Whats about coins u need a lot of coins to upgrade skills?

Learn how to make coins. Its not hard if you want to do it and you have a little patience.b:bye
    giphy.gif

• athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A question that may sound stupid: the item doesn't have to be used right away, does it? I mean, can I leave it in my mailbox until I feel like using it or will it be timed or something (i.e. you can only use it during the promo period)? I'm asking this because I wanted to play the class I pick to get to 95 a little bit before I do it.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A question that may sound stupid: the item doesn't have to be used right away, does it? I mean, can I leave it in my mailbox until I feel like using it or will it be timed or something (i.e. you can only use it during the promo period)? I'm asking this because I wanted to play the class I pick to get to 95 a little bit before I do it.
    Don't think it's timed. But even if you don't like the class you play, you can't pass the stone to another char, it's not stashable. If you don't decide to use it, it's just wasted for this account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Yukiriko - Lost City
    Yukiriko - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if this been asked or not but would this stone worked on Reborn classes that are older?
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    Not sure if this been asked or not but would this stone worked on Reborn classes that are older?

Why dont you all read carefully the first post on this thread. The OP. What Sparkie posted on first page.
    It cannot be used on RA chars no matter how older or new they are.

Nothing against you here but seriously people read carefully what sparkie said in the first post on the first page on this thread.

Have a nice dayb:byeb:cute
    giphy.gif

• athenenoctua
    athenenoctua Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't think it's timed. But even if you don't like the class you play, you can't pass the stone to another char, it's not stashable. If you don't decide to use it, it's just wasted for this account.

Yeah, I understand that, but it's not a matter of liking the class or not in this case; I already picked one, that I haven't played yet but that I'll stick with anyway, and I wanted to play it a little bit in lower-mid levels just for the sake of it, to explore the new starter area, maybe learn a bit of its mechanics and so on. My concern is that I wouldn't be able to because if I don't use the Stone in a certain period I won't be able to use it anymore. Anyway, thank you for your reply. Let's hope it isn't timed indeed.
  • evilvampire16
    evilvampire16 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh missed that! Arigato goizamasu *bows*
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    few questions here. once you lvl to 95 with a fresh character, will you get free lvl 95 gear for that char? or are you completely naked with lvl 1 gear or any previous level gear u had before?

and also, will you get spirit appropriate to your level? or do you get zero spirit aswell? do you automatically have all your skills up to 95?

lvling to 95 with zero gear and spirit seems very pointless as u wont be able to do anything with that character assuming you dont have an established chracter with money to gear the new lvl 95 with beforehand. and even if you do have the gear, you dont have the spirit to get any of your skills assuming it levels you with zero spirit.
  • racke92
    edited December 2014
    ntkn wrote: »
    few questions here. once you lvl to 95 with a fresh character, will you get free lvl 95 gear for that char? or are you completely naked with lvl 1 gear or any previous level gear u had before?

and also, will you get spirit appropriate to your level? or do you get zero spirit aswell? do you automatically have all your skills up to 95?

lvling to 95 with zero gear and spirit seems very pointless as u wont be able to do anything with that character assuming you dont have an established chracter with money to gear the new lvl 95 with beforehand. and even if you do have the gear, you dont have the spirit to get any of your skills assuming it levels you with zero spirit.

That was i talking about lvl 95 is useless without skills...With white equipment i can deal but with 0 spirit and no skills i dont think new players would play
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ntkn wrote: »

Considering this stone, as made evident by the initial announcement, was aimed towards already established players looking to try other classes, the following is how this would go:

-Make new character
    -one-click to lvl95
    -use the dreamchaser code currently up for lowbie gears and items then do Morai chain -or- have main on another account drag new alt thru Morai chain for lvl95 Morai gear
    -do cultivation with 95Morai gear, resulting in amassing spirit points for skills -or- have main on another account drag new alt through cultivation, rendering it an easy joke that can be done in a very short time
    -proceed to level the last 5 levels via BH, auto-culti, PV, Morai or whatever floats your boat amassing even more spirit
    -get to 100, stash gear from existing main -or- buy new gear funded from main
    -complain in 4 months that there's no other use for spirit and you have amassed millions of it that serve no purpose

Basically, unless you're a brand new player with no experience and no funds whatsoever, the lack of spirit and gear is a moot point. New alts spawned from this stone will be geared and cultivation done very quickly. And any new players who buy this stone for $60 after the promo obviously have money to spend and would buy their gear and just do the culti quick.
    As it is now, you get free dreamchaser stuff and free lvl95 Morai gear from following a short chain of quests.

The flip side of this free stone is that it is optional. If you cannot afford to gear a new lvl95 or take the short time it takes to do its culti and lvl95 Morai, then maybe you shouldn't use this stone on a new alt. It's an optional power-level path. Noones making you use it if you can't afford to or don't have the couple hours to do the culti and Morai chains.
  • bloodedone87
    edited December 2014
    That was i talking about lvl 95 is useless without skills...With white equipment i can deal but with 0 spirit and no skills i dont think new players would play

If they are smart new players they wont lvl up from 1 on 95 on their first character.

If they are stupid new players they will jump from lvl 1 to 95 on their first character.

But most of the new players will chose to play new classes.

About the white equipament:
    there is a dreamchaser code out now available till friday. All you need is to send a code to the toon that you want to lvl up using this stone. On 17th log on that toon and use the stone to jump from what lvl you got to 95 then use dreamchaser gear to do your spiritual cultivation and quests that give you money and spirit. And if you dont got enough money grind some mobs, farm some materials and herbs to sell or think by yourself and find a method to make money.

There are 2 types of players in PW:

Those that can make in game coins no matter what changes in PW.
    Those that will always waste their time complaining they cant make enough money instead of really trying to make coins.

Have a nice day everyoneb:bye
    giphy.gif