Arc Defender = Fail

Options
ykc
ykc Posts: 92 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I got a friend that can't log into his 2 accounts since he lost long time ago mail pass and if he ask to change mail he may lose his pw account... any advice (since friend can't log into arc to post)
Post edited by ykc on

Comments

• _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ykc wrote: »
    I got a friend that can't log into his 2 accounts since he lost long time ago mail pass and if he ask to change mail he may lose his pw account... any advice (since friend can't log into arc to post)

You won't lose your pwi account if you ask to change the email... tell him to send a ticket. another thing. the first ip address you log in from is set as the default "safe" account. so unless someone else has been logging his account he should have a computer he can access arc and turn it off on.
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    You won't lose your pwi account if you ask to change the email... tell him to send a ticket. another thing. the first ip address you log in from is set as the default "safe" account. so unless someone else has been logging his account he should have a computer he can access arc and turn it off on.
    my friend have 2 pc's and i got a friend that asked for mail change and never could log again...
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I've never had to log into Arc just to put up a forum post, I don't think your friend has to either. If he's forgotten his info he needs to send in support ticket. As BlackRose said, you don't "lose" an account by changing mail. Chances are that it may have gotten ****, or he's letting another person use his account (bad idea), and the account is compromised.

Any info on the defender is in the sticky at the top of this forum section.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The only time I have to log into arc is for the update.Arc did add my computer to its defender thing though.
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've never had to log into Arc just to put up a forum post, I don't think your friend has to either. If he's forgotten his info he needs to send in support ticket. As BlackRose said, you don't "lose" an account by changing mail. Chances are that it may have gotten ****, or he's letting another person use his account (bad idea), and the account is compromised.

Any info on the defender is in the sticky at the top of this forum section.

my other friend lost her account after sending a ticket to change mail.. -i've confirmed with her
    and the friend who asked for me to ask for help can't access his mails anymore and/or reember anyinfo to request reset.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my other friend lost her account after sending a ticket to change mail.. -i've confirmed with her
    and the friend who asked for me to ask for help can't access his mails anymore and/or reember anyinfo to request reset.

Ok let me rephrase that. The game account it's self may not have gotten ****, the email account did. This is a very common thing that happens. When an email account gets **** the said hacker has access to all of your information in the mails you have. Besides people freely (and stupidly) giving out their passwords, this is how many accounts for anything get stolen. Write a LONG and COMPLICATED password for emails. ALWAYS.

PWE cannot help with email accounts, the only thing they are able to do is send you the information about your gaming account to your email.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options

Ok let me rephrase that. The game account it's self may not have gotten ****, the email account did. This is a very common thing that happens. When an email account gets **** the said hacker has access to all of your information in the mails you have. Besides people freely (and stupidly) giving out their passwords, this is how many accounts for anything get stolen. Write a LONG and COMPLICATED password for emails. ALWAYS.

PWE cannot help with email accounts, the only thing they are able to do is send you the information about your gaming account to your email.

I understand that, but still what can do if don't remember info to change mail?
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I understand that, but still what can do if don't remember info to change mail?

What you would normally do with a gaming account. Send in a password/user name request change for the email, just send it to another email address your friend has access to. If it has security questions and he can't remember them, or if he really did get ****......whelp, he's screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    What you would normally do with a gaming account. Send in a password/user name request change for the email, just send it to another email address your friend has access to. If it has security questions and he can't remember them, or if he really did get ****......whelp, he's screwed.

So if he don't remember 50% of the info he's screwed lol,

random but there not another way to disable the arc defender (if can't access arc?)
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options

random but there not another way to disable the arc defender (if can't access arc?)

If you want anymore info here's the link. That's everything on it, there is really no other way around this, it's a security system for a reason.......

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/7007893-arc-defender

Only other way to play is to bring up the game client by going thru the work arounds, but that's in another thread and I'm too tired to dig for that at the moment. You still need your user name and password though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yeah. The issue is that if he can't remember that much of the info he used then support staff has no way to differentiate him from someone trying to illegitimately get access to his account.... and not much point to a security system where any random guy can claim to be the owner of your account and have the information reset for them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Can't seem to figure out why you wanna use arc/why anyone is using arc to begin with. Surely. Cool for codes. But that's that.

You can disable Arc from PWI with basic Windows knowledge in seconds. There is a thread about it. Just look it up in he forums and see if you can login into the game and if you have been **** then save all the stuff you can safe.

Arc is an unneccesary tool that doesn't serve anything other tool can't do better. Arc = redeem codes for me and thats already too much. But ya can't help it.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    If you want anymore info here's the link. That's everything on it, there is really no other way around this, it's a security system for a reason.......

http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/7007893-arc-defender

Only other way to play is to bring up the game client by going thru the work arounds, but that's in another thread and I'm too tired to dig for that at the moment. You still need your user name and password though.

he knows his pw account.. just lost mail info lol.
    edit: what work around?
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've post one idea give it a look if interested?..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1728071
    Would be less trouble on that way?. (more options = more ways?)
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've post one idea give it a look if interested?..
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1728071
    Would be less trouble on that way?. (more options = more ways?)

Congratulations.....you just posted a useless idea.....in the Quality Corner....the section of the forums meant for reporting bugs and glitches.....watch as the MODs close that in less then 6 hours.....
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Or just use an always-on mailclient that downloads the mail using the good old POP3 protocol, which means no mail is left behind on the server. That way if your account does get hijacked, there's nothing left to steal from there.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    maitatsu wrote: »
    Congratulations.....you just posted a useless idea.....in the Quality Corner....the section of the forums meant for reporting bugs and glitches.....watch as the MODs close that in less then 6 hours.....

Didn't knew where to post lol.
  • ykc
    edited December 2014
    Options
    pwi should have more ways to recover account rights
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I got a friend that...

Mhm, a friend. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ARC = FAIL

there, fixed that for you! b:cute
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide
    ToyMaker_NOT - Raging Tide Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I had a similar issue a few years back. I deleted the email subaccount I used when I created my account then forgot my account password. You do need to open a ticket and the support team will respond with the minimum information you will need to provide to validate you as the original account owner.

In my case, I had to provide the original email the account was created with, about when the account was created, and maybe a few other bits of personal info regarding that account. At that point, pwi change the email connected to my account and I could go through the process of recovering the account password.