[Maintenance Discussion] 12/9/14 COMPLETE

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM - 2AM. This will include the Territory War reset, along with server reset.

We'll announce winners shortly (by end of week) for Territory Wars.

Timezone Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141209T23&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What's the most challenging thing you've accomplished in-game? Be it getting the best gear, or besting your opponent, what did you do that you believe was the most challenging?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First human reply!

Solo BH 29 when i was 36 (back when we had a mix of 1 to 3 star gear in 2008 and no blessing), and starting my world boss solo career @ lvl 56 (still with same crappy gear in 2008). PS! In 6 years of playing i never bought any charm, and mostly npced my potions, apothecary items i still havent touched yet.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    : What's the most challenging thing you've accomplished in-game? Be it getting the best gear, or besting your opponent, what did you do that you believe was the most challenging?
    SO. A soul is: A divine thing in your opposite that creeps you out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Still no response about ANYTHING related to DQ. Great we get a new expansion and you remove the value of DQ all down to 1....so where is the new DQ point system we were promised over a year ago and why do you keep avoiding it?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Barberik - Archosaur
    Barberik - Archosaur Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First human reply!

Solo BH 29 when i was 36 (back when we had a mix of 1 to 3 star gear in 2008), and starting my world boss solo career @ lvl 56 (still with same crappy gear in 2008). PS! We had no charm back then.

Seeker Solo Bh29 @ 30 Non RB in Free Gear, Belssing, tome ( 15 str ) and BP.

IINeFuII Arch Server lvl 1-82 7 days b:bye
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Being the first 101 on server back when i was a veno and all you could do was kill mob then having to wait for people to catch up to do delta's for exp......Then being the first 105 on DW on my sin b4 the fc glitch or pv having to spend almost 8 months of everyday doing 7hrs of fc and then pwi ruining my challange since 3 months after every one was using fc glitch and got to 105 in days...Good old pwi always lets cheater get away and nice to see they still do nothing to help.
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    finally getting 104, finishing merid, topping out nuema on 3/6 cards, getting all skills maxed/primal
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Being the first 101 on server back when i was a veno and all you could do was kill mob then having to wait for people to catch up to do delta's for exp......Then being the first 105 on DW on my sin b4 the fc glitch or pv having to spend almost 8 months of everyday doing 7hrs of fc and then pwi ruining my challange since 3 months after every one was using fc glitch and got to 105 in days...Good old pwi always lets cheater get away and nice to see they still do nothing to help.

And all those people that did the glitch that we were promised would get punished got a slap on the wrist. Go figure. Same with the dragon orb glitch. There are people still playing that glitched dozens of those orbs.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Making and leading Hidden Dragon Den squad during its lame glory days. Is not easy to gather people, with half of them new to the instance. Carefully instruct them what to do and paying attention to each member as they do their job in HDD.

That feeling when final boss is defeated and every one in squad scream for victory b:victory
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Doing the enough DQs to get the Penetrator bow at L53 with Dragon Orders

. . . all those poor genies I had to NPCb:bye

Add in the extra difficulty in that I had read NOTHING about my class so had put stats into magic so I wouldn't loose MP when flying, and it took a long time to earn the means to reorder my stats (money I earned from doing the DQs)

Now my next greatest task will be to STOP doing DQs - then again with the prices reduced to nothing they'd be worth more used in the quest just for the xp/sp and unlikely the actual items . . .
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Still no response about ANYTHING related to DQ. Great we get a new expansion and you remove the value of DQ all down to 1....so where is the new DQ point system we were promised over a year ago and why do you keep avoiding it?

Its being avoided because they did absolutely nothing other than promise in order to avoid upsetting playerbase. Now staff wont touch the subject with 10 feet stick.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Its being avoided because they did absolutely nothing other than promise in order to avoid upsetting playerbase. Now staff wont touch the subject with 10 feet stick.

Probably because, once again, CHINA. SAID. NOOOOOOOOOOO.
  • zoner112012
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Probably because, once again, CHINA. SAID. NOOOOOOOOOOO.

Even if this is the case we deserve to hear at least that much. This whole 'avoid it so it goes away' BS has gone on for over a year now. sparkiesoft cant you say ANYTHING about this? Seriously i get you are busy with a lot of **** on your plate now but neither you nor any GM have said anything about this and vehemently ignored the subject. This is VERY bad businees practice for a game where people put thousands of dollars into it to be happy.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Mpfi - Sanctuary
    Mpfi - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Soloing pole and nob on my cleric. I HATED that instance forever, and now that I can solo them on a CLERIC..... there is nothing left too live for.....
    "If people get any more picky about their squad makeup, there's going to be a fashion requirement in order to join squads."
    Reliea - Sanctuary
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: What's the most challenging thing you've accomplished in-game? Be it getting the best gear, or besting your opponent, what did you do that you believe was the most challenging?

My accomplishments after playing so many years are pretty lame compared to most people because I have so many dang alts but here goes:

I felt a great sense of relief getting all my crafts up to 7 all those years ago. That was without buying any upgrade items and grinding for ssssssssooooooooooooo many hours for mats.

Same feeling with getting my herc to 101. OMG up to 100 is easy and I cant remember exactly but I think it was 40,000 mobs to level to 101 and this was before botting.

Soloing pv 100 first time on my seeker with only npc gears.

Soloing various tt's with my herc

Soloing bh69 first time with my sin

Soloing up to bh89 with my sin or herc

Getting my latest char - a new archer - to 100 without ever entering fc, and dam was that slow.
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I guess I would have to say playing my seeker in level 45 gear non refined till he was 95 and then got his G15 morai and could solo up to an 89 except eden mobs had to wine them. and now can solo pretty much anything at 101 and no RB and no R999 and only one piece of R8 unrefined. and still make about 350 supply tolkens in NW
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Farming my first pair of TT60 daggers. Of course back then I was new, Twilight Temple was still considered pretty hard and not enough assassins were full APS yet. All it took was a party of good friends from my first faction, with all of us needing mats and enjoying all the mayhem while we worked together for our gear......miss those days......b:cry

I guess I should say it's the most satisfying challenge I've ever had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    becoming celestial on my veno, i was in a little faction with little help and Delta was new in game i thought it would never happen and when it did i was so happy i couldn't believe i actually finally made it, but i did.b:pleased
  • FleshReaper - Raging Tide
    FleshReaper - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my greatest acomplishment in game is continuing to play even though all the ****,lag,glitches and "expansions" that came out...........i still wonder why i havent quit yet..b:surrender
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    First human reply!

Solo BH 29 when i was 36 (back when we had a mix of 1 to 3 star gear in 2008 and no blessing), and starting my world boss solo career @ lvl 56 (still with same crappy gear in 2008). PS! In 6 years of playing i never bought any charm, and mostly npced my potions, apothecary items i still havent touched yet.

Were you the guy who duoed the boss with a veno, and then got in a fight about them getting the gem and using it on their armor instead of selling it? If so I remember that, and am very glad I said no to joining in. Spending hours to kill the boss did not sound like fun.

For the actual question, it would be proving my two characters right. Everyone said a cleric couldn't level on their own, that they had to stat vit, best leveling was doing FBs, etc. I made full magic cleric and solo leveled faster than BMs and others for much cheaper.

For BM it was making an all weapon BM in 2008, getting the bracers of blood moon, focusing on -int gear while using all weapon types, and being right about how good fists were. Got insulted over and over for saying fists with -int were better for DPS on a BM for single targets, fought for months about it on forums and in faction. And once packs came around to rub it in, was vindicated.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my greatest acomplishment in game is continuing to play even though all the ****,lag,glitches and "expansions" that came out...........i still wonder why i havent quit yet..b:surrender
    thankfully most of that should end 12/16/2014
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • sexylatina
    sexylatina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Probably back in 2008 of august, when the game was a struggle to level, with using Mana/ and hp Potion from the npc Apoth...For a cleric :/ I think that was really challenging for me..

b:thanks
  • SMEXYmomma - Heavens Tear
    SMEXYmomma - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    learning to solo nob and pole on my veno and by solo I mean Me just Me No heals no help with dd wow was that cool.b:victory
  • Afaya - Morai
    Afaya - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Doing fb39 with 3 friends. Me veno 39, 1 wiz 39, 1 bm 39 and cleric 40. Took us 3 hrs (with some food and toilet breaks).
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: What's the most challenging thing you've accomplished in-game? Be it getting the best gear, or besting your opponent, what did you do that you believe was the most challenging?[/QUOTE]

Killing Armageddon Not Glitched it was one hell of a AWESEOME FIGHT honestly best pve fight i ever had
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

most challenging thing, well i did get **** and lost every single thing i had except for my sins daggers, that being said i did ask the gms to look in to who got on my account after i wasnt on for 3months and i get the reply "YOU npcd everything"
    ok yea i npcd a +7 +8 and a +9 orb that i spent real money trying to get, that makes logic sence right?
    so most challengeing thing had to be rebuilding myself from ground up after getting **** and loseing everything
    now im one of the strongest (non r9) vit clerics
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

Farming R9 without any form of Zen buying whatsoever. Challenge still in progress, about halfway there now.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• xlimsaz
    xlimsaz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot server status update pls?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited December 2014
    Options
    xlimsaz wrote: »
    SweetieBot server status update pls?
    Una macchina di tipo server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot how many languages do u speak ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss