Looking for "'Adverbing' to Gear" info

orangeladey
orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Crafting Nook
Don't know if anyone else learned adverbs as 'what could be done to a house by a mouse', don't care, but it should explain the thread title . . .

I was hoping to find a comperhensive list of what we can actually do to our gear to improve it. Or at least something that would identify some of the vocab I've seen in various posts, and to what they apply.

I'm a mediocre player, not a noob, and so haven't paid attention to the higher level stuff before, but now I'm finally approaching the upper levels I want to start looking into my options. ALL options.

So off the top of my head:

*We can Refine our gear with Mirage Stones
*We can Shard our gear with Gems
*We can Engrave certain ornaments with Mirage Stones and Ink(?)
*We can Purify add-ons from our gear at various NPCs (???? or do I mis-remember?)
*We can Decompose some gear into items like Chi Stones or Mirages.

I'm aware peripheraly of the Rank 8 & 9 gear stuff - but I'm not even R7 yet >_<

I've seen mention of Restat-ing Gear but was not sure if that was all gear, higher gear, or only specific gear.

Any help adding to this list would be welcome. That said, I'd prefer a small summary of whatever process(es) I've missed - NOT a how-to. I can look-up the how-to, I just need to know what to look up.
♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
--The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
Post edited by orangeladey on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    That's the list of it, yes.

In some cases, decomposing the gear gives you materials for other gear or certain items (IE: Orders of blessing from FC green weapons and Souledges from TT weapons) but you've covered it all.

And recasts are specific to certain gears, all of which are high level gears, so you remembered correctly.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    b:thanksThank You!

I thought I'd heard of more methods, but I guess it is a case of people using different vocabulary to refer to the same thing.

Pity, I really hoped (but doubted) there was a method to change the bonus add-ons for all equipment.

Ah well, back to game so I don't try sketching wiki redesigns >_<
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b:thanksThank You!

I thought I'd heard of more methods, but I guess it is a case of people using different vocabulary to refer to the same thing.

Pity, I really hoped (but doubted) there was a method to change the bonus add-ons for all equipment.

Ah well, back to game so I don't try sketching wiki redesigns >_<

That's what recast / reroll / honing does.

Recast = turn r8 into r8r, r9 into r9r and after into r9rr, nirvana t1 into t2 and the t3
    Reroll = you already got a r8r / t2 / t3 / r9rr piece of gear and you want different stats (in case of r8r / t2 / t3) or different values for added stats (r9rr case)
    Honing = only applies to r8r. You already got the stats you wanted on a r8r piece, but you want different (bigger) value for those stats.

Hope that was helpful.