PK to the next level

Options
Notgood - Raging Tide
Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Suggestion Box
what about a daily bounty hunting quest on players heads.

give some really nice exp or rewards that make ppl must go PK mode on PVE servers and get out of safe zones on PVP servers.

a daily quest to kill certain class, classes, order or orders with like 10 mill exp or something nice C: that would be fun and interesting to do.

now we just have to find a way to don't get this being abused by multi clients alts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
Post edited by Notgood - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Prologue - Sanctuary
    Prologue - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Doesn't forcing players to PVP on a PVE server defeats the purpose of being on PVE servers?
    Don't be stupid. How exactly do you expect players that do BH daily but not end game geared enough to PK all these R999 players? And if these players find other undergear players to agree on pking each other to complete BH, that would defeat the purpose of the PK "fun" don't you think?

So. NO.
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't force them - make it elective.
    Pick up the quest for it - and your name is added to the list of possible targets.

If the incentive is right - you'll get people doing it.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    rofl good idea, too bad we have PvE servers, a thing that was not supposed to exist for our game, since our developers (PWCH) has only PvP servers.

i would be up to convert all pve servers into pvp ones instead
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Then go play on a damned PvP server Hot. Not everyone enjoys beating another player's head in. Some of us enjoy cooperative PvE more, and a PvE server caters to those who don't want PvP forced on them the moment you leave one of the starter cities.

The only people who seem to be crying about people in blue on PvE realms are the bored endgame players who have no challenges left other then those in some other players.

Frankly, to those I say: You've won the game, go play something else.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Horrendous idea.

*Not everyone likes to pvp, and those that do, don't necessarily want to be forced into it all of the time.

*Not everyone has the gear to pvp. Let's face it, R999 is dominant, and anyone that lacks that gear is at a disadvantage.

*Some people have chosen to make their endgame gear Morai. A Morai 101 geared person stands literally NO CHANCE against a R999 player, or even a G16 player.

*Some people aren't rebirth yet. Not everyone is an experienced veteran. Though rare, the game does have new people that simply are not geared.

*Forcing people to leave SZ. Some people are AFK. Some people are experiencing lag spikes. Some people are questing. Some people are helping others. Not everyone is sitting around bored at endgame, wishing for more people to pvp.

*Some people are brand new level 100's. I can see it now. "Finally made it to level 100!!"...Time to pick up today's bh. *Sees own name, and notices a swarm of hungry players preparing to strike the poor little TT90 player into dust.*

*There is the issue of dropping items, gear, etc when pk'ed.

*Some players/squads stand no chance against others. Certain players on my server...I stand NO CHANCE of beating, unless they're afk for an extended period of time. On the other hand, they can kill me in one shot.

Keep in mind that people who chose to be on a pve server, did so willingly and because they preferred it. It's not up to us to decide what they should do with their gear....be it pve or pk'ing. Yes, they might prove to be a challenge, but if a person wants pk this badly, they should strongly consider joining a PVP server. Also, not everyone is in endgame elite gear, so your idea is not a good one.

Long story short...I feel that this is a bad bad bad idea.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • HESOKA - Raging Tide
    HESOKA - Raging Tide Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    we need a PvP instance

this is how it works: we all enter the instance, and all are assigned a target and you cannot attack any other target besides the one you are assigned, if you kill the target, you can leave to exchange your points for your rewards (xp, apoth, act), or stay for say the next 5 minute CD for your next target to multiply your points, if you die your points are reseted to .

So how do the targets get assigned so we don't have a level 100+ facing off with another level 60 or a r9rr +12 JOSD vs t3 +5s?

meh no idea.
    Am Awesome b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Then go play on a damned PvP server Hot. Not everyone enjoys beating another player's head in. Some of us enjoy cooperative PvE more, and a PvE server caters to those who don't want PvP forced on them the moment you leave one of the starter cities.

The only people who seem to be crying about people in blue on PvE realms are the bored endgame players who have no challenges left other then those in some other players.

Frankly, to those I say: You've won the game, go play something else.

cooperative PvE right, 99% of cooperative PvE if not 100%, its in instances already, place where YOU CANNOT PK even if the server is PvP

we are playing a game where the PvE mode is not supposed to exist,

the PvE mode is the reason why people botted the **** out of our server and shards are 200m each now.

T W O H U N D R E D mills EACH !!!!!111

i don't care about farm-pking ppl that do dailies if the server would've been PvP, i've never done that and i'd never do, but from the mere economical aspect of the game, bots+PvE mode destroyed server economy

before bots shards were 40-50m each, after bots 200m each

gold price was 2mil, now its cap with no gold for sale in auction

also the free dreamchaser packs provide more than enough guardian scrolls to make you really dont worry about the open world pk.

also "go play a damned PvP server"... PWEU announced a PvP server for europe that i WANTED to play and have NEVER been released, and there is no chance that i'm going to return on my old US PvP server i was playing (time slots)

the same logic applied to you doe, this game is supposed to be PvP only by development, then you should "go play a damned other game" :-)

we have very few things that change from pwch to pwi, and its basically CARDS R9R3 and PvE-PvP

our cards + our r9r3s made our version PWI gameplay so unbalanced it's ridicolous

our PvE-mode servers made our version PWI economy so inflated it's ridicolous

last time i checked you were around in TT-gears, do you realize that your current entire gear set is worth a tiny fraction of what a SINGLE SHARD is now worth?
    Wheres the logic with that?
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    cooperative PvE right, 99% of cooperative PvE if not 100%, its in instances already, place where YOU CANNOT PK even if the server is PvP

we are playing a game where the PvE mode is not supposed to exist,

the PvE mode is the reason why people botted the **** out of our server and shards are 200m each now.

T W O H U N D R E D mills EACH !!!!!111

i don't care about farm-pking ppl that do dailies if the server would've been PvP, i've never done that and i'd never do, but from the mere economical aspect of the game, bots+PvE mode destroyed server economy

before bots shards were 40-50m each, after bots 200m each

gold price was 2mil, now its cap with no gold for sale in auction

also the free dreamchaser packs provide more than enough guardian scrolls to make you really dont worry about the open world pk.

also "go play a damned PvP server"... PWEU announced a PvP server for europe that i WANTED to play and have NEVER been released, and there is no chance that i'm going to return on my old US PvP server i was playing (time slots)

the same logic applied to you doe, this game is supposed to be PvP only by development, then you should "go play a damned other game" :-)

we have very few things that change from pwch to pwi, and its basically CARDS R9R3 and PvE-PvP

our cards + our r9r3s made our version PWI gameplay so unbalanced it's ridicolous

our PvE-mode servers made our version PWI economy so inflated it's ridicolous

last time i checked you were around in TT-gears, do you realize that your current entire gear set is worth a tiny fraction of what a SINGLE SHARD is now worth?
    Wheres the logic with that?

PVE mode not supposed to exist? lol
    lets change all servers to pvp mode. then lets see the amount of players that will quit. the game will really die then.
    Most of PW players are pve players that pvp ocasionally.
    giphy.gif

• ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    am i the only one that finds amusing ppl that payd their entire pwi experience in PvE servers and always QQ that there's not enough PvP for them, while always finding excuses to not go to a "Big Boys" PvP server?
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    am i the only one that finds amusing ppl that payd their entire pwi experience in PvE servers and always QQ that there's not enough PvP for them, while always finding excuses to not go to a "Big Boys" PvP server?

if for excuses you mean that i am EU-based and i used to PvP on a US server with 700 ping w\o being able to do TWs or any other event because of different time zones and there is no chance i am going back there... yea #excuses

eventho i dont PK a lot, nor i would have the time for that, i am just saying that Perfect World as it was designed by chinese developers, its not supposed to have the PvE-mode servers. period.

PvE-mode was fair until they introduced:

Autocultivation
    Primal World Boss
    Resource Wars

Just take resource wars as an example, it is supposed to be a pvp event, on pve servers you just rush an enemy resource base kill it and it's done.

Was it intended to be like that? Nope!
    What did fvck Resource Wars up? PvE-mode.

And i repeat i stopped to care about PvP and Pk, but i still think that PvE-mode should not exist for our game AS INTENDED BY DEVS
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    if for excuses you mean that i am EU-based and i used to PvP on a US server with 700 ping w\o being able to do TWs or any other event because of different time zones and there is no chance i am going back there... yea #excuses

eventho i dont PK a lot, nor i would have the time for that, i am just saying that Perfect World as it was designed by chinese developers, its not supposed to have the PvE-mode servers. period.

PvE-mode was fair until they introduced:

Autocultivation
    Primal World Boss
    Resource Wars

Just take resource wars as an example, it is supposed to be a pvp event, on pve servers you just rush an enemy resource base kill it and it's done.

Was it intended to be like that? Nope!
    What did fvck Resource Wars up? PvE-mode.

And i repeat i stopped to care about PvP and Pk, but i still think that PvE-mode should not exist for our game AS INTENDED BY DEVS

If anything they should also rework the way PvP works in this game in general, since you have to buy GS just to make sure you don't drop your stuff you worked for.
    Oh wait, safete lock, yeah, that thing that also makes sure you can't do jack **** for that time being.

Fix how PvP works, then talk about converting PvE to PvP.
    Also take into consideration how many more players they would lose if they force change PvE to PvP now.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    PVE mode not supposed to exist? lol

He's saying that because there is no PVE servers in China. Chinese devs only think about PVP servers and PWE is unable to integrate their developments correctly (veno instance, WS, convoy, ressource wars).
    That being said I do agree that PVE servers are more interesting for PWE in US/EU than PVP ones (if talking about money)

Not easy to say that to european guys that wanna play on correct timeslots.
    I'm like Hot (except that I don't complain) in the fact that I would have prefered a PVP server like when I used to play on PW-MY. I stopped that game because of timeslots and never played on US servers. When they released the EU servers the two of them were PVE ones, so well... US people do have the choice for PVE or PVP. EU people need to choose between either a PVE server in their timezone or a PVP one in a different timezone. This is a fact, not finding excuses ;)
    That being said, if Morai becomes PVP only (which will never happen) then 95% of people (including some white/red named people that switch to blue from time to time) will leave or stop doing dailies/events
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i'm willing to bet on anything you want that there are more europeans on the american servers than on the eu server, and they dun complain about time slots. /discuss
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i'm willing to bet on anything you want that there are more europeans on the american servers than on the eu server, and they dun complain about time slots. /discuss

I'm not sure there are still more nowadays. And do you know a lot of them that start playing on US PVE servers after the release of EU server(s) ? Most of them just didn't want to start from scratch. But just check the number of threads about "server transfer stone" or "change NW time".

And as I said this was a choice. Some people work during the night and therefore prefer playing on a different time-zone for example. I'm pretty sure most european people prefere doing fridays NW at 8PM rather than 2AM (east coast) or 5AM (west) though.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i'm just saying, just like people were brave enough (not me) to move from US servers to EU when they appeared, why so many butthurt over PvP are finding excuses to move to PvP servers and keep QQing that they want their server become PvP?

I would aggree tbh to have a server moving stone or w/e if PWE would consider it (even tho i doubt) and maybe make it somehow u can use it only once a year / tw season, idk, but turning PvE servers into PvP no way.

Doesn't matter if ur name is Hot and u cs'd more than half of the server or ZetX and be nub non-cs'er carebear w/e u wanna call it, you had a choise from the start when you joined a server, even if you knew what implies or not being in a PvE server or PvP server, now assume that responsability of choosing and dun try to bring everyone from server's problems, just cuz u have bigger wallet or bigger epeen or w/e u consider u got more than others and makes u better than them.

The difference between PvE server and PvP is mostly made by the choise of going PK mode or not. I like PvE servers because i have the choice on what i wanna do. If i dun wanna deal with pricks, i can stay blue named. You don't authomatically have the "right" to attack me whenever you see me out of SZ. If i wanna PK, i can just press the button and go do it, but i prefer it be my choice, not yours - the one that finds enjoyment in 1shotting people.

Also, what's next? Make a petition to PWE to authomatically assign every character to a TW faction(maybe also authomatically bid for a faction if the leader didn't want to) just because you enjoy more TW and not everyone? (PWCH also made the ultimately primary goal of the game from the start TW, as in Hot would say, this game is not designed by the chinese to skip doing TW)

Guess i derailed too much from the main topic: Sure one extra quest (complimentary, not replacing the current BH) which demands you to kill a certain class (+- 2-5k SF compared you i'd say) and gain some xp and maybe vitae pill / GS would never hurt anyone, just like how is not demanded and that important to do caravan, but not forced.

/thread
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Options
    i'm just saying, just like people were brave enough (not me) to move from US servers to EU when they appeared, why so many butthurt over PvP are finding excuses to move to PvP servers and keep QQing that they want their server become PvP?

I would aggree tbh to have a server moving stone or w/e if PWE would consider it (even tho i doubt) and maybe make it somehow u can use it only once a year / tw season, idk, but turning PvE servers into PvP no way.

Doesn't matter if ur name is Hot and u cs'd more than half of the server or ZetX and be nub non-cs'er carebear w/e u wanna call it, you had a choise from the start when you joined a server, even if you knew what implies or not being in a PvE server or PvP server, now assume that responsability of choosing and dun try to bring everyone from server's problems, just cuz u have bigger wallet or bigger epeen or w/e u consider u got more than others and makes u better than them.

The difference between PvE server and PvP is mostly made by the choise of going PK mode or not. I like PvE servers because i have the choice on what i wanna do. If i dun wanna deal with pricks, i can stay blue named. You don't authomatically have the "right" to attack me whenever you see me out of SZ. If i wanna PK, i can just press the button and go do it, but i prefer it be my choice, not yours - the one that finds enjoyment in 1shotting people.

Also, what's next? Make a petition to PWE to authomatically assign every character to a TW faction(maybe also authomatically bid for a faction if the leader didn't want to) just because you enjoy more TW and not everyone? (PWCH also made the ultimately primary goal of the game from the start TW, as in Hot would say, this game is not designed by the chinese to skip doing TW)

/thread

what does all of what you said have to do with the fact that there was no European PvP server launch eventho it was announced by PWEU itself.

i had a choice? which choice? a french pve server or a german pve server while i dont even speak any of those languages but those are the only ones with European TZ? if you don't know facts please don't spit toxicity all over the place!!!

You can appreciate PvP servers or not, but fact PvP servers have better economy and challenge\gameplay\"politcs" respect PvE ones.
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't have anything against anyone that wants to be on a pvp server, and it is true that the original game model is designed with PvP in mind. At the same time, we don't have that version. Our version is an altered version, crafted to fit a pve and pvp environment. Naturally, this means that some elements will be altered because of it.

I also will say that it would be nice if they made an EU Pvp server, or allowed a server transfer...or both. That said, I do not support changing servers from PvE to PvP just because some people want more of a challenge. When I started this game...even though I am competitive in nature, I chose to go on a PvE server. I did this because I don't want my gear to drop, and if I choose to engage in battle against another player, I want it to be MY choice. I've been white named before for weeks at a time (Thanks to the stupid caravan quest)...and you know what? I hated it!! People randomly killing me while AFK just because they can...having the avoid other white named players AOE's when questing, since I'm not used to having to do it...people dropping squad to attack me, for the sole purpose of ticking MY charm as a lol. Many other stories that just aren't fun for me. If I engage in PvP, I want it to be my choice. If I want to PvP, I gladly engage in NW...and I do often.

Also, lets point out that people on a pvp server have their gear and genie's set up more for PvP situations. PvE server people do not. I'm a G16 +5/+7 cleric. I have a level 2 tome. My shards are a mix of inconparible and exclusive....mostly exclusive. What hope does my cleric stand against someone endgame ready? I'm not saying that PvE mode is fair and balanced and all is right in the world, but when you consider the wants of the general playerbase....it wouldn't be a wise move at all for servers to be changed from PvE to PvP. The amount of rage and people quitting would be incredible...and I'd be one of those to go.

PwE markets itself as having both Pve and PvP servers, so to change that would be to betray their playerbase, so once again, that's a no.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Shidoshi - Lost City
    Shidoshi - Lost City Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    bad idea this would cause hate targeting. and on the pvp servers there is enough hate as it is
    pwi gms are useless. submitting tickets are useless. start calling their main office's. raise hell. take back the game.