Should i?

Options
Atonements - Raging Tide
Atonements - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
This game has been very nostalgic for me.. im wanting to come back for the expansion.. but should i?
if its alright to come back..
im in Raging tides server... if that is a good server (although there was people with huge CS-ing going on back then) .. or go to anotther server with good population (idc if pvp)
honest opinions.. thankies b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bored. b:lipcurl
Post edited by Atonements - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Sure, but RT population is very low, try HT or DW
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The reasons you left aren't likely to have changed. Play if you want to try it though. Many probably will.
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    The only thing that has changed is the low population. About half of the big name CSers are still there I believe. World chat in Raging Tides now has its annual "trolling" sparingly (sad, I kinda miss that entertainment being on a daily basis). However the game economy has gotten much worse (to the point where no one is selling gold). The only server not suffering from this much is Lost City and maybe Heavens Tear.

If you want anything on expansions, I'm sorry, but no way in hell am I gonna type all that. Dig into the forums, every time they come out players normally bring info out from China's version and then update it when it comes out over here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • bruinvis
    bruinvis Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Idk if its true that many people left on RT server. Still see many toons around and think people have better things to do in rl or just trying other servers. The trolling in WC can be turned off by just bl the annoying people. Playing on RT and HL myself.
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    In recent couple months about 1/3 of RT's population have somehow disappeared. And compared to 1,5 years ago there's just 1/4 as much ppl left.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • nanbo554
    nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    This game has been very nostalgic for me.. im wanting to come back for the expansion.. but should i?
    im in Raging tides server... if that is a good server (although there was people with huge CS-ing going on back then) .. or go to anotther server with good population (idc if pvp)

Danger, the forums are still as toxic as always on certain subjects. You will not get a good feel as to come back or not.

After SIREN update came out I Stopped playing. I came back recently, about 3 to 6 months ago. I was a level 55 non re-born. I have been having a LOT of fun! There are a lot of good things to come back too. PErfect? no. But I have an end game character parked in about every other mmorpg and they all fall short compared to the friends / things to do in this game. It won't be "shower me in rewards" everyday here. But the long haul and weekely progression is decent for now.

The update, I hope, will only make things better. Come on back! The water is fine! b:dirty
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I would say that if you do want to come back for the expansion that it is worth trying it. (I'm not certain of why you left, or how long ago. Reason I state that is because you may find that you have some catching up to do if it was some time ago.) I am on dreamweaver myself. It is a good server population wise in my honest opinion. I'm not certain of how it's population compares to the other servers.

Overall, I would say that if you want to come back, there is little reason not to. If you find yourself getting more into the game again, by all means enjoy it. If not, then do something that you do enjoy. With 2 new classes coming out, I'd say that there is little reason not to at least try it out, especially if you want to come back. :)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    RTs population has dropped but its still a decent server and has quite a few active factions in either PvE or TW style. An active faction makes it feel more full, so I don't personally notice a shrinking population as much.

As others have stated its about fun. Come back and try it out. If you find yourself having fun then by all means enjoy it.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    RTs population has dropped but its still a decent server and has quite a few active factions in either PvE or TW style. An active faction makes it feel more full, so I don't personally notice a shrinking population as much.

As others have stated its about fun. Come back and try it out. If you find yourself having fun then by all means enjoy it.

RT has much lower population. if your returning and a lower level, it may be very difficult to find help with anything you need. the older players are usually pretty busy with their daylies. i think the older servers (lost city, dream weaver, etc) have the best population.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I could tell you every thing about the game but it would keep you away and my post would make everyone qq.

So yeah just come back play the game don't care about other people gear just work hard for yours,rinse and repeat and when it becomes boring then take a break or quit again.b:bye
  • Atonements - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ty all for replying b:thanks
    it seems people still do have hope in this game lol.. so i will give it a try and start new on a different server (unfortunately).. i do miss RT trolling chats though >.> ... it helped with some boring grinding at times b:chuckle

much love everyone !!!<33 and see you in game :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited December 2014
    Options
    The only thing that has changed is the low population. About half of the big name CSers are still there I believe. World chat in Raging Tides now has its annual "trolling" sparingly (sad, I kinda miss that entertainment being on a daily basis). However the game economy has gotten much worse (to the point where no one is selling gold). The only server not suffering from this much is Lost City and maybe Heavens Tear.

If you want anything on expansions, I'm sorry, but no way in hell am I gonna type all that. Dig into the forums, every time they come out players normally bring info out from China's version and then update it when it comes out over here.

wow lol.. ive tried many games in hopes to replace this one... and even a really dead mmo has some sellers lol.. bad sign b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    RT has much lower population. if your returning and a lower level, it may be very difficult to find help with anything you need. the older players are usually pretty busy with their daylies. i think the older servers (lost city, dream weaver, etc) have the best population.

I would have maybe agreed with you but being the leader of an all levels accepted faction, I have noticed a lot of new players and returning players. For the most part our faction is pretty self sufficient and lower levels are abundant enough to make squads and do their own BHs. It's funny, the higher levels are the ones that run out of things to do and tend to jump at the chance to help in BH79 and lower. I guess it depends on the faction make up and how many people are normally logged in at any given time.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zaccy - Raging Tide
    Zaccy - Raging Tide Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

The new expansion will bring A LOT of low level new race players, don't forget :P
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    honest opinions.. thankies

Honestly, the best way for you to see if you should come back or not right now, would be to open another thread, that would firstly: ask those who have just recently came back about what they think about how the games changed since their returns from their absences & then secondly: ask those of us that've been on continuously, to describe more in-depth about what you're hearing about from the other returnees, so you can get a much more thorough idea of the perceptions and backgrounds on your needed question and it answers (listening mostly to those of us who've been sitting in the pan over the fire (long term) will just give you skewed ideas about some of the changes).. b:victory

It'd be the best way to get the opinions most valid to your question, those of us who've been on all this time (without any long term absences) can tell you all about the things that have been added or changed, but we can never really give you a (first hand "shock & awe" opinion) on what it was like to come back to the changes, after a time of absence (good or otherwise)b:thanks

All in all though, some things have changed for the better & some for the worse b:pleased but the in-game bugg's & glitches?! b:laugh They shall always remain the same...b:laugh
    edited December 2014
    Options
    b:victoryb:victoryb:victory i hear a lot are coming back from the forums.. and one new post was from another RTer lol.. and switching to another server hahahb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]