https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxNw1bgH4dQ

AAAAAUUUUUUUUWWWW
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    While you hunt me there, I'll be celebrating DefectIVE Day. b:chuckle

There, corrected your archer's holiday to the proper spelling.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "sage bm stunlock" Good jokes, Good jokes.

It might be that all RT BMs suck, but only the sage ones ever manage to keep me acually perma-locked. until I use genie and triumph. With demon BMs I do no need that much effor and theyre also dead faster.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It might be that all RT BMs suck, but only the sage ones ever manage to keep me acually perma-locked. until I use genie and triumph. With demon BMs I do no need that much effor and theyre also dead faster.

The truth ish...90% of RT's demon BMs indeed suck. Kitty keeps hearing how "Water pav is so hard Q.Q" while Kitty finds it easiest pav for a BM. Though it's also true that many BMs buy T3-int claws and use TT99 gold-axe(yush, Kitty's noticed RT's BMs have some weird obsession with TT99-gold axes). Some might use T2-axes with crit+MP-adds, some have even T3-axes with MP or magic.

Not that many BMs go sage, but those who do usually know what they are doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Ok here's how bm vs barb works, if the barb moves ever your garbage as a bm and just reroll. Lock them down around fort and save OI for badge, Purge spear, then just wait for solid shield CD. The only thing barbs can do is fort + vac + beastial but all this does is reset the fight and raise your charm bill since the bm can just leap and bhodi onto a flyer. This assumes frame perfect locking but... perfect stunlock is depressingly easy with server lag buffering, aftercast canceling and parafreeze lifting.

A sage bm that knows whats up, finishes their 3rd fairy culti asap so they can undo that stupid sage culti missclick.
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ok here's how bm vs barb works, if the barb moves ever your garbage as a bm and just reroll. Lock them down around fort and save OI for badge, Purge spear, then just wait for solid shield CD. The only thing barbs can do is fort + vac + beastial but all this does is reset the fight and raise your charm bill since the bm can just leap and bhodi onto a flyer. This assumes frame perfect locking but... perfect stunlock is depressingly easy with server lag buffering, aftercast canceling and parafreeze lifting.

Ok gonna have to sound noob, but whats parafreeze lifting?
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    A way to forcibly bounce character sprites off the ground.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014

A sage bm that knows whats up, finishes their 3rd fairy culti asap so they can undo that stupid sage culti missclick.

Then RT BMs suck. All BMs I've fought get confused when I get out of their stunlock, after that the BMs are prettty much finished.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Then RT BMs suck. All BMs I've fought get confused when I get out of their stunlock, after that the BMs are prettty much finished.

b:sad
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The truth ish...90% of RT's demon BMs indeed suck. Kitty keeps hearing how "Water pav is so hard Q.Q" while Kitty finds it easiest pav for a BM. Though it's also true that many BMs buy T3-int claws and use TT99 gold-axe(yush, Kitty's noticed RT's BMs have some weird obsession with TT99-gold axes). Some might use T2-axes with crit+MP-adds, some have even T3-axes with MP or magic.

If a BM finds the water pav hard they either don't know what they're doing or they're undergeared and shouldn't be on that pav anyways (unless its training I can understand that). Then again I solo water pav using T-2 axes with GoF add to make killing mobs quick b:chuckle

As for stunlocking, I'm a demon BM and have no difficulty stunlocking and usually get killed before others because people don't want to try and break my stunlock, if they do get out then I quickly counter and keep myself alive until I can get my stuns off again.

Being a poor player has its perks I suppose because at least you learn to survive in crappy gear against much stronger players. b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014

Being a poor player has its perks I suppose because at least you learn to survive in crappy gear against much stronger players. b:surrender

Nice and stockholm syndrome

If your garbage in garbage gear, or if your garbage in full r999, your still garbage. Same goes for the inverse.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Nice and stockholm syndrome

If your garbage in garbage gear, or if your garbage in full r999, your still garbage. Same goes for the inverse.

The inverse being if you're good in garbage gear or good in full endgame gear you're still good.

So... banana.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    The inverse being if you're good in garbage gear or good in full endgame gear you're still good.

So... banana.

Watermelon
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Watermelon

Indeed.
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah, but it is much easier to prove by demonstration that someone is good with good gears compared to proving that they are good with garbage gears.

In fact, more than half the time, a good player in garbage gear is completely unrecognized.
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    At least when it comes sto BMs i think it takes a BM to regognise a pro BM in **** gear
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014

That's not at all how a fight vs a barb is meant to go. And as a sage I can stunlock just fine.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    That's not at all how a fight vs a barb is meant to go. And as a sage I can stunlock just fine.

Daaaaaaaw, It things its a person

Ok lets pretend the class with a whopping 12 seconds of possible stuns is a threat to the class that gets an infinite loop of stuns.

Then lets pretend that barbs with the damage to be threats can survive after a purge in human form.

Then lets pretend we're all sages and cant save our secondary locks for when another class uses geni.

Tell me master white spark, how does the barb do?
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Ok lets pretend the class with a whopping 12 seconds of possible stuns is a threat to the class that gets an infinite loop of stuns.

Then lets pretend that barbs with the damage to be threats can survive after a purge in human form.

Then lets pretend we're all sages and cant save our secondary locks for when another class uses geni.

Tell me master white spark, how does the barb do?

Duh, it's so obvious. They use their not guaranteed % chance to stun skill in the 3 seconds down time, and if that fails they hug the barb for those 3 seconds. The hug acts as a submission hold to distract them, and then let's them get back to their normal 12 second stun set.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Daaaaaaaw
    It things its a person
    Duh, it's so obvious. They use their not guaranteed % chance to stun skill in the 3 seconds down time, and if that fails they hug the barb for those 3 seconds. The hug acts as a submission hold to distract them, and then let's them get back to their normal 12 second stun set.
    Now now. Even if his spark lacks pretty red he's still a BM too. We shouldn't mock the sages just for being sages.

... And I can't finish what I was about to say because it's blatant trolling as hilarious and not meant to be taken personally as it was. b:laugh
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Now now. Even if his spark lacks pretty red he's still a BM too. We shouldn't mock the sages just for being sages.

... And I can't finish what I was about to say because it's blatant trolling as hilarious and not meant to be taken personally as it was. b:laugh

George Bush hates Sage BMs :P
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    George Bush hates Sage BMs :P

Sage bm's may now apply for Obamacare. We fund your trip back to cultivation school!

Also does the sage hug of awkward man love involve singing Kumbyah solfty into the barbs ear in a sensual deep voice?

If so brb making a barb to pvp on RT.
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    I heard there was a 10 step program for Sage BMs.

1. Deception
    2. Delight
    3. Derision
    4. Defend
    5. Debate
    6. Desperate
    7. Despair
    8. Depression
    9. Delete
    10. Deliverance

And that is why we call Sage BMs Dee Dee Dees. Honest, no other reason.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    I heard there was a 10 step program for Sage BMs.

1. Deception
    2. Delight
    3. Derision
    4. Defend
    5. Debate
    6. Desperate
    7. Despair
    8. Depression
    9. Delete
    10. Deliverance

And that is why we call Sage BMs Dee Dee Dees. Honest, no other reason.

b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty

Tbh I though we called em that because they're all sage barb alts with maxed out busts b:surrender
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Also does the sage hug of awkward man love involve singing Kumbyah solfty into the barbs ear in a sensual deep voice?

If so brb making a barb to pvp on RT.

That's not really a sage BM thing, we all do that here.

I absolutely adore how insulting you are over a cultivation you clearly don't understand how works. Come to cultivation school, I am the teacher, experienced in both cultivations and having done research to choose which to keep, I have the experience and knowledge to teach you what you need to know. b:victory
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    That's not really a sage BM thing, we all do that here.

I absolutely adore how insulting you are over a cultivation you clearly don't understand how works. Come to cultivation school, I am the teacher, experienced in both cultivations and having done research to choose which to keep, I have the experience and knowledge to teach you what you need to know. b:victory

1. Deception

You path is long and carries much danger my child b:sad
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    1. Deception

You path is long and carries much danger my child b:sad

Father, is that you? Reunited at last! Why did you leave me all those years ago?
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Father, is that you? Reunited at last! Why did you leave me all those years ago?

Don't tell him we're lovers. b:sad

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    Don't tell him we're lovers. b:sad

He'll surely beat me if he finds out
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    He'll surely beat me if he finds out

You damn dirty rug hugger!