Duskblade vs Stormbringer

Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
So with two new classes coming I figured I'd make a thread asking people if they would make a duskblade or a stormbringer. Simple thread is simple, just say which and why b:victory

I will be making a duskblade since I already have the t3 LA used on my sin, might as well. I do have TT90gold AA from my days as a wizard, so there's a slime chance I could make that, but for the most part I do prefer melee classes and the duskblades imitate skill and CCs seem very nice.
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Most defeinitely going the Stormbringer route, the Scythes are everything, and are by far the coolest weapons in this game
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Both! b:dirty
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer
    moving while casting? sign me up
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just as i did with seeker / mistik = not gonna try any
  • attackerv
    attackerv Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    according to PWCN feedback, Duskblade is fail. low dmg and no enough chi, also need tons of mp while lvl. Most ppl chose stormbringer.

Even sage/demon skills release, the situation is not changed. Hopefully, the primary skill can bring some balance to Duskblade.

we will see what happen here very soon
    Main Chars in tidewell:
    Attacker_V: archer
    Seraphim_V: Veno
    xNightshadowx: db
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There isn't an option in the poll for not bothering with the new classes.
    With the current state of the game, lack of hyper-FC, having to do yet more primals, and the tediousness of leveling, I just have no interest at all in these new classes. I've barely even skimmed the info or skill lists about them.
    I'm more interested in changes in the expansion that affect my already leveled characters.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There isn't an option in the poll for not bothering with the new classes.
    With the current state of the game, lack of hyper-FC, having to do yet more primals, and the tediousness of leveling, I just have no interest at all in these new classes. I've barely even skimmed the info or skill lists about them.
    I'm more interested in changes in the expansion that affect my already leveled characters.

That's because I'm asking those that will make some, this is asking which, not if. b:bye
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • O_Kitiara_O - Archosaur
    O_Kitiara_O - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    going with strombringer on this one. It'll be interesting to see how well they do against archers, with anti-purge and being able to cast spells on-the-go. b:chuckle

DuskBlade...imo just seems too closely related to seeker b:shocked
    icon is broken, im really a mysticb:pleased
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll come back and try both... but I'm not spending one dime on this game, until they do something about the inability for anyone to make a profit w/o cash shopping...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's because I'm asking those that will make some, this is asking which, not if. b:bye
    Well then, if they change the tediousness of leveling and dailies, I would roll a Stormbringer, cause the Scythe looks pretty damn cool.
    edited December 2014
    A bit off-topic, but i've noticed something....I can't find a screenshot of the new classes without purple eyebrows... Is that thier racial thing? like EG third eye?

lol it's a little bit wierd. b:laugh
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A bit off-topic, but i've noticed something....I can't find a screenshot of the new classes without purple eyebrows... Is that thier racial thing? like EG third eye?

lol it's a little bit wierd. b:laugh
    I'll get some pics from the chinese server in a bit

Here's a transformed-state picture though n the mean time
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/09/19//14091903234217935912536179.jpg

and here's class pictures. my personal characters:
    MoonFairy/Strombringer: (level 75)
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/12/04//14120409211317935912767942.jpg
    Nightshadow/Duskblade:
    http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/12/04//14120409211417935912767943.jpg
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Whats the problem in leveling them? In 3 days after release my Stormbringer will be 101, 2 days after it will be 100 again and another 2 days at the most it will the third time 100.

Granted. Without massive monthlong preparation and planning that wouldn't be possible. Rolling a new class on a twink that already got 130-ish BH2-pills and around 30 EXP pills from EU combined with over 400 basic badges...well that certainly boosts the lvling process a bit. Being able to solo (duo in that case) delta does add to it as well.

So its ~8 hours a day straight EXP grinding via PV, TT and open world/botting, another 8 hours of delta and 8 hours of RoR. 3x Dreamchaser Packs add to that as well.

Leveling is still easy and fast as hell if you plan it right and know what to do. Even if you are a completely new player without any mains to push you then you can still reach 100 in max 7 days due to the improved quest-system/bhs and whatnot. Granted. With fc I would've had less trouble and a double reborned 3x101 stormbringer in 3 straight days.

As some have already stated, well Duskblades are a joke. No survivability (like archer) and no range. Nothing to grant you immunity to paralyze or purge. Even if they could push out huge dmg (which they can't) they could just get locked up and killed easily. In comparision to that plus calculating in how lag works with our server it's easy to say that the fairies (Stormbringer) will be somewhat gamebreaking. They introduce a highly mobile gameplay in a otherwise static game. Ofc it is gamebreaking.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
    edited December 2014
    Whats the problem in leveling them? In 3 days after release my Stormbringer will be 101, 2 days after it will be 100 again and another 2 days at the most it will the third time 100.

Granted. Without massive monthlong preparation and planning that wouldn't be possible. Rolling a new class on a twink that already got 130-ish BH2-pills and around 30 EXP pills from EU combined with over 400 basic badges...well that certainly boosts the lvling process a bit. Being able to solo (duo in that case) delta does add to it as well.

So its ~8 hours a day straight EXP grinding via PV, TT and open world/botting, another 8 hours of delta and 8 hours of RoR. 3x Dreamchaser Packs add to that as well.

Leveling is still easy and fast as hell if you plan it right and know what to do. Even if you are a completely new player without any mains to push you then you can still reach 100 in max 7 days due to the improved quest-system/bhs and whatnot. Granted. With fc I would've had less trouble and a double reborned 3x101 stormbringer in 3 straight days.

As some have already stated, well Duskblades are a joke. No survivability (like archer) and no range. Nothing to grant you immunity to paralyze or purge. Even if they could push out huge dmg (which they can't) they could just get locked up and killed easily. In comparision to that plus calculating in how lag works with our server it's easy to say that the fairies (Stormbringer) will be somewhat gamebreaking. They introduce a highly mobile gameplay in a otherwise static game. Ofc it is gamebreaking.
    i've been gone the last year, did you say you can get to lv 100 in a week now? JUST by doing quests? b:shocked well..
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i've been gone the last year, did you say you can get to lv 100 in a week now? JUST by doing quests? b:shocked well..

Hello no, take everything Joe says with a grain of salt. Also, he has loads of exp food saved up over the months in preparation.
    We are, however, getting a boost in quests 80-95, and we have already had a boost in exp for all the quests prior to lvl 70, so leveling up will not be as horrible, especially if you're making an alt and your main can sponsor some good stuff for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014

But.. but... but i like archer classb:cryb:cryb:cry And I wanted to make one and you tell me now they got no survivabilityb:cryb:cry
    giphy.gif

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    But.. but... but i like archer classb:cryb:cryb:cry And I wanted to make one and you tell me now they got no survivabilityb:cryb:cry
    If you can't make a LA class they aren't survivable, true. but I play a NS on chinese servers and I have no problem staying alive

The mechanics of playing a NS is very different from playing a seeker, bm, archer. You will need to learn some new tricks
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    If you can't make a LA class they aren't survivable, true. but I play a NS on chinese servers and I have no problem staying alive

The mechanics of playing a NS is very different from playing a seeker, bm, archer. You will need to learn some new tricks

Yeah, I normally dont play LA classes but I did give them a try, people are gonna QQ because this class relies entirely on combos for the most part. This will be the first race where the magic class gets way more hype than the physical class.

Stormbringer is the magical sin up in this piece, watch everybody and they momma be playing it.

I expect the Stormbringer:Duskblade ratio will be 80:3 LAWL
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably making buffer alts of both 'cause lol. But I will also make a Stormbringer alt on my main acc since I have a full set of +10 g16 Nirvana gear anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Hello no, take everything Joe says with a grain of salt. Also, he has loads of exp food saved up over the months in preparation.
    We are, however, getting a boost in quests 80-95, and we have already had a boost in exp for all the quests prior to lvl 70, so leveling up will not be as horrible, especially if you're making an alt and your main can sponsor some good stuff for it.

That's rude xD

But ya, I should have added that you can easily level up in those 7 days even without having anything saved up. That is if you actively play at least 6 hours a day ofc. With 1 or 2 hours a day...well even with the revemped quests you could take weeks to reach 100...but that's only if you are being really lazy. I went to lvl70 on day 1 on the chinese server with nothing but the stuff given to me for free there (havn't done BHs and all, just PV and Quests).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    edited December 2014
    That's rude xD

But ya, I should have added that you can easily level up in those 7 days even without having anything saved up. That is if you actively play at least 6 hours a day ofc. With 1 or 2 hours a day...well even with the revemped quests you could take weeks to reach 100...but that's only if you are being really lazy. I went to lvl70 on day 1 on the chinese server with nothing but the stuff given to me for free there (havn't done BHs and all, just PV and Quests).

This is very true, litrerally was level 70 in a day as well. But Joe you are a supreme God, and I worship you and your awesomeness
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That's rude xD

I mean that you are not an average player, I read your leveling regime in other threads and it is possible, but you will need to put in extremely long play sessions, that's why I said she shouldn't take your word for it, very few can put in 10 hours daily on a single toon and have enough experience and resources to pull it off the most effectively.
    I don't play on the same servers as you, so I have no clue about your capacities otherwise, so don't take it the wrong way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014

How do you have dreamchaser packs for a char that doesnt exist yet? Are there codes that have not expired yet?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    tmllover wrote: »
    How do you have dreamchaser packs for a char that doesnt exist yet? Are there codes that have not expired yet?

No, some people sold the tickets for the Dreamchaser packs and I put them in the bank with a full quest list. That way I can simply trade them to the char I want.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    4th poll option: Neither!

None of the new classes looks even remotely interesting. So I am definitly not going to try either of those. Both are totally fail IMHO. b:bye
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    endurance againt melee+ scythes+air and water magic+mobile skills=pure badass

I think stormbringer will be my favorite, but I will definitely try Duskblade too. 'Cause they look so swaggy and cool.
  • Joe - Morai
    edited December 2014
    Well, any advanced player should have both classes even if they don't like them. Buffs ijs. the ability to be fully buffed is amazign and makes things way easier. Even if you have to switch log chars like crazy. With those 2 we now have 6 important buff classes: BM, Cleric, Mystic, Barb, Duskies and the stormies. With all those buffs pv will be easy peasy even for non r9 geared players ijs.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Stormbringer for me, until I get tired of having the saddest self heal skill in the game and having to chug hp pots constantly. I already play a witch in another game that only uses lightning and ice spells so I'm looking forward to it.

I have zero interest in Duskblade. Melee in thi9s game is sooooooooo horribly boring (magic being only a fair bit less so tbh) and having to rely on combos + LA + lack of mp = nty.

Originally I was hyped about seeker, then I realized that your primary task is to vortex everything while afk after buffing the squad. Just like sins are completely ignored in an instance after they bp the squad as long as they are auto attacking the boss 99% of the time. Dagger throwing one boss in fsp being the 1% of the time they actually need to do anything useful.

I've long since abandoned my other characters in favor of mystic, because it suits me perfectly. If it turns out that Stormbringer isn't for me then she will just join the JJ orphanage, which is going to be getting 5000% larger after the crippling stupidity about to occur with dq items.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I intend to make both, but I will focus more on the Stormbringer (Moon Fairy.)

Even more than that, I'll focus on Serenity, due to all of the time invested in her.

I'm hoping that they increase the character slots at long last....
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)