Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • azura529
    azura529 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The time is GREAT its so perfect please deont change it thanks
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    would be better if they do it at 8pm server time or later.

At 8am ppl r at work o.o
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would be nice to know what event are you talking about and where is it announced? Couldn't find it O.o
  • MerLeah - Archosaur
    MerLeah - Archosaur Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Would be nice to know what event are you talking about and where is it announced? Couldn't find it O.o

I was wondering that myself too.. about what Event is everyone talking about.. but earlier, I saw this system message about " MAGPIE HAS shown or something like that then find LUSK SNOW or was it LUSH SNOW"... maybe that's what everyone is talking about???? b:surrender
    MerLeah - 102 Venomancer (kittie purrge) - Archosaur
    ||CupCake|| - 105 Assassin (slice 'n dice) - Archosaur
    Princella - 101 Cleric (heal's da noob) - Sanctuary
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=12787492002&dateline=1316071878[/SIGPIC]
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    whoever was online when they did the system message for the event knows about it and they dont want to share with the rest of us >.>b:angry

i see from posts it was like 6 or 8am but no clue on the server time... and it was lush snow in sanctuary, need a male and female in squad with female as lead.. all i know, sorry
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    what is the event? i cant find anything about one.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    FINALLY a event that can be done from european people without waking up at 4am in the morning.

DONT change the event time, i dont know what it is, BUT DONT CHANGE IT!!!

Its around 2pm for europeans which is perfectly fine b:cute
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The word 'fix' implies its broken, which it is not.
    The time works for some and does not for others. They cannot cater to everyone. This is one of the few that actually works very well for me, while many others do not.

Title should read "Change event timing because it doesn't suit me personally"
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oooh! I know a bit!

Just last night around 11:30pm PST I was in Sanctuary (picking up a Huggy Hare Justice Order Quest). From the justice Envoy I saw this big Ethereal Lantern, so I went to take a look.

There was the NPC 'Lush Snow' and bunch of other lanterns. She had two quests for me. One was do able solo, the other needed (at least) a female-male squad with the female in the lead.
    (Looking at the pwdatabase, she actually has 3 quests, but two are gender specific, one for guys, one for girls, one that needs both.) The quests in pwdb state they are for L30+, but do note that the local mobs are in the 70s!

I've only done the solo-male quest - which mine up a bunch of L? (L150) mobs with 777 hp.

ABOUT WHEN THE EVENT OCCURS

In the game world I took this event around 22 o'clock. Do not confuse this with server time, this is that mini sun/moon symbol in the top left of your map-info interface bar.

Going by the Chinese/Japanese legend for the bridge of birds (not necessarily magpies) one night a year all the birds take mercy oon a separated couple (one divine, the other mortal) and form a bridge (between heaven and earth) so they can meet once a year.

So best I can guess is that the event happens when the GAME WORLD is in night time.

ALSO NOTE

The wording for the 'Best Love' title indicates it needing 5 tanabata cards. The tracker indicates you need only three. I think this Title may be Male-Only.

The solo-male quest was not immediately repeatable during the event - HOWEVER, when the server time ticked over to midnight, I was able to do it again - So it is either once per in-game night, once per server day, or there is some other cool down period.

Don't trust the pwdb's word on Exp, I got ver 100k Exp just for the solo male quest. The pwdb says it's 25.

The female quests seem much more involved, and I can't pin down if they get a title out of it, so any lady players out there fill in the gaps please!
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The word 'fix' implies its broken, which it is not.
    The time works for some and does not for others. They cannot cater to everyone. This is one of the few that actually works very well for me, while many others do not.

Title should read "Change event timing because it doesn't suit me personally"

Jesus... Current time makes it impossible to attend if you got a job, be the person American or European. The time is horrible and should be changed, period.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Jesus... Current time makes it impossible to attend if you got a job, be the person American or European. The time is horrible and should be changed, period.

Oh yea, everyone all over the world works the standard job times b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have a full-time 48 hr/week job, in Atlantic Time (Canada) and it works for me perfectly.
    Many other events do not, but I realize they aren't going to please everyone, cannot accommodate everyone and I just have to miss some events. Not the end of the world....
  • orangeladey
    edited December 2014
    The Event runs at other times! Not just in the morning. I posted my experience with it in message 11 in this thread.
    edited December 2014
    Oh yea, everyone all over the world works the standard job times b:laugh

Standard times are there for a reason... Jesus. Vast majority of population work hours which make attending 8am event impossible, be it American or European player. Making event at such time during week is completely ****, arguing the time is good is just as ****.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    So where was that argumentation when we asked for two different time slots for NW? b:chuckle Funny how suddenly this event sucks for everyone, but EU people got told to suck the **** up before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    So where was that argumentation when we asked for two different time slots for NW? b:chuckle Funny how suddenly this event sucks for everyone, but EU people got told to suck the **** up before.

agree NW sucks huge donkey balls for us europeans because it starts at 2am here and who can paticipate when you got a job?
    Thats right. Not many.

The time for the new event suits me very well so it can stay like it is.
    edited December 2014

We got EU server, NA servers ought to cater to NA timezones. How effing hard it is to understand? Now if this was to cater for EU players, the time would still suck. It should be 12pm(on NA servers) in which case work shouldnt really come in the way for making the event. This entitled euro **** is just sickening to listen.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We got EU server, NA servers ought to cater to NA timezones. How effing hard it is to understand? Now if this was to cater for EU players, the time would still suck. It should be 12pm(on NA servers) in which case work shouldnt really come in the way for making the event. This entitled euro **** is just sickening to listen.

If the event is so darn important just quit your job. This entitled real life **** is just sickening to listen (too*). b:bye
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    We got EU server, NA servers ought to cater to NA timezones. How effing hard it is to understand?

Yea, because Morai existed when lots of us euros started... lol

Anyway, 8am isn't a bad time. So I don't see your concern. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Euros be cute as hell in this thread. Euro server's been open for years now. Shoulda switched when it opened if timezone is that big of an issue. That being said, this currently should be an issue for Euros on Morai since it will be at 8am for them there. ;x

Also, I have personally argued for an early timeslot for NW myself so that argument doesn't hold water. b:surrender

Anyway, just don't see why it can't even be at like sometime between 12pm to 3pm. Slightly more reasonable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Euros be cute as hell in this thread. Euro server's been open for years now. Shoulda switched when it opened if timezone is that big of an issue. That being said, this currently should be an issue for Euros on Morai since it will be at 8am for them there. ;x

Also, I have personally argued for an early timeslot for NW myself so that argument doesn't hold water. b:surrender

Anyway, just don't see why it can't even be at like sometime between 12pm to 3pm. Slightly more reasonable.

I saw the red chat for that event around 4pm on Morai though. Are you sure it only starts at 8am, or is the event time random?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    I saw the red chat for that event around 4pm on Morai though. Are you sure it only starts at 8am, or is the event time random?

So far we've only seen it at 8am here. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited December 2014

Yea, because Morai existed when lots of us euros started... lol

Anyway, 8am isn't a bad time. So I don't see your concern. b:chuckle

You do realize I am European myself? I simply understand what playing on NA server means regarding event times. This entitled whining is nothing but stupid.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Euros be cute as hell in this thread. Euro server's been open for years now. Shoulda switched when it opened if timezone is that big of an issue.

I happily would have if someone gave me two fully geared accounts on morai. But yea...

Anyway, I they will prorbably give as much of a damn as they did with NW...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• orangeladey
    edited December 2014
    Hellloo-ooo!

I've said before - the event takes place in in-game night time. It was going on last night 11:00pm PacificTime on Sanctuary.

I'm pretty sure can only play it once per day, but that it runs several times durnig a server day - during an in-game night.
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Euros be cute as hell in this thread. Euro server's been open for years now. Shoulda switched when it opened if timezone is that big of an issue.

Im sick of hearing this because i was here long before morai was even a thing and had well geared characters which i dont just throw away to switch servers.
    This argument is just an selfish argument you guys keep saying because you could not give a flying f... on other people.

Keep it real, a huge amount of people playing PWI (Mind its international and not PWNA or something) are from europe and where shut off from good event times for years now.

b:bye
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Im sick of hearing this because i was here long before morai was even a thing and had well geared characters which i dont just throw away to switch servers.

Your chars weren't well-geared then and they're not well-geared now. Sorry to burst your bubble. You could have easily moved. ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would like to see the event time either change, or be offered at additional times.

The times that I understand this event runs, I'm either working, or sleeping.

Even for players who are students, this schedule as it is...doesn't even allow them to go to school without missing the event, so I do feel that a change may be in order.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited December 2014
    Your chars weren't well-geared then and they're not well-geared now. Sorry to burst your bubble. You could have easily moved. ;p

harsh words from someone who feels good by stomping lower geared players ;p

For my standarts im well geared, can fight back to normal equiped people (No not like people like you who think they are something better by oneshot people) and have fun ingame.

Trust me, when there would be an item to switch servers with all my items, i would. Why? because people like you annoy me like no tomorrow.

b:bye