R8R farming

Options
VileBlack - Archosaur
VileBlack - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
I have recently decided on a couple of pieces of gear I want and they are r8r pieces. With the new expansion, that new instance states that the mats for r8r will drop, correct? If so, does anyone know if all those mats are farmable or the drop rate? This question is more aimed towards those who also play on pw-cn as it had launched there. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by VileBlack - Archosaur on

Comments

• Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know if the information is around or not, but we don't know yet what mats are even needed to make the new R8rr, or if the new instance will drops the mats needed for the normal R8r. I suppose the wiki could help... But I don't feel like bothering some website that hasn't been touched in a long time lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I have recently decided on a couple of pieces of gear I want and they are r8r pieces. With the new expansion, that new instance states that the mats for r8r will drop, correct? If so, does anyone know if all those mats are farmable or the drop rate? This question is more aimed towards those who also play on pw-cn as it had launched there. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

its actually going to be a third r8 recast. you will still need to farm the base and second recast. tho all r8 and morai/warsoul gears will also be upgradable with the new instance. i'm not sure how they work. but from what a friend told me from PWCN it should be completely farmable. tho the recasts do not really add anything major *same roles and effects, but higher base attack/defense*
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For R8RR the materials should drop in those instances.
    For R8R you can use the Undercurrent Hall - the Dragonblood stones and the purple stone you can buy with UCH coins can be used to upgrade G15 Nirvana weaponry to R8R state. Definately going to do that for my BM a few times if those weapons end up more powerful then the G16 and/or Warsong variants.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    For R8RR the materials should drop in those instances.
    For R8R you can use the Undercurrent Hall - the Dragonblood stones and the purple stone you can buy with UCH coins can be used to upgrade G15 Nirvana weaponry to R8R state. Definately going to do that for my BM a few times if those weapons end up more powerful then the G16 and/or Warsong variants.

they wont be. r8rr doesnt come close statwise to g16, however as a BM you could farm the pole in particulare for purging. since the g16 pole doesn't have purge available. other use would be for higher defense with defense levels.
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    they wont be. r8rr doesnt come close statwise to g16, however as a BM you could farm the pole in particular for purging. since the g16 pole doesn't have purge available. other use would be for higher defense with defense levels.

Agreed. The only real use for upgrading r8 tier weapons would be for defense or certain situation specific add-ons. The attack lvls on g16 weapons are what make them superior for most situations (even more when you count the full g16 bonuses). As for what will drop and how much in the new expansion, all we can really do is wait and see.b:surrender
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I hope they will put info on chienkuns needed to maintain shards/refines for the new r8 3rd recast the next time they update the blog.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know that that r8rr will definately drop in the new instance. However, there are a few pieces that I wanted to just make r8r for. I read somewhere that you might be able to farm the mats for the first reroll as well. I didn't believe it, but thought someone may have heard. I can't re-roll at the moment because I'm usually not able to make it to NW and I don't know how else to get the items required for recasting r8. Anyways, thanks for the replies. Good luck out there.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Purge spear would be nice - but I want a nice damage spear as well eventually because Sage Primal Farstrike hurts (others) like a ton of bricks...

[Edit] You can get some of the R8 materials from the Territory Resource War rewards too.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I know that that r8rr will definately drop in the new instance. However, there are a few pieces that I wanted to just make r8r for. I read somewhere that you might be able to farm the mats for the first reroll as well. I didn't believe it, but thought someone may have heard. I can't re-roll at the moment because I'm usually not able to make it to NW and I don't know how else to get the items required for recasting r8. Anyways, thanks for the replies. Good luck out there.

Faction base trials drop the mats for it
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    laseek wrote: »
    Faction base trials drop the mats for it

Am I wrong in thinking that the dragon blood stones(from trials) are used only for recasting from g15 to r8r? I meant if I already had a r8 piece and wanted to recast that. Isn't the only way yo obtain
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    if every material drops ill gladly get my seeker r8 so i get more def lvls
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Am I wrong in thinking that the dragon blood stones(from trials) are used only for recasting from g15 to r8r? I meant if I already had a r8 piece and wanted to recast that. Isn't the only way yo obtain

Aye - the blood stones take you from G15 to R8r.
    The faction base trails - drop the mats to reforge/reshape/hone - an example of one is Damascene Ore.
    Annoyingly - for some daft reason - not all of them are tradable - most are but some aren't.

There are 9 trails iirc - can be done once a week. Each take about 45 mins ish to do.
    They're fairly fun and different from the usual grind.
  • VileBlack - Archosaur
    edited December 2014
    Options
    laseek wrote: »
    Aye - the blood stones take you from G15 to R8r.
    The faction base trails - drop the mats to reforge/reshape/hone - an example of one is Damascene Ore.
    Annoyingly - for some daft reason - not all of them are tradable - most are but some aren't.

There are 9 trails iirc - can be done once a week. Each take about 45 mins ish to do.
    They're fairly fun and different from the usual grind.

Gom...? If so, you told me this earlier.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

You can go to Nation Wars and get the tokens from there and trade them for R8R mats. That's how i got mine because factions don't really do Trials much anymore and UCH is a pain in the yoohoo. b:cute