• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    WOW! Raging Tides is pathetic man :/
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    idk man, most of the clerics i get squads with heal too much if u ask me, i have to beg them to start having some fun DD'ing too tbh :D

L.E.: Oh yea there's also pati that will never heal, but that's diff thing :D
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I find the following 3 step program makes dealing with bad clerics for extended periods of time entirely tolerable.

Step 1, there is a cleric in squad, consider the cleric. Is the cleric annoying? If so exclude from step 2

Step 2, get out bottle of your preferred alcoholic beverage pull up chat program of choice, invite squad.

Step 3, play ye olde drinking game "kill the cleric". Rules, you drink, and kill the cleric.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A clerics "job" is to keep the entire squad alive. I side with lolgasmic on this and any cleric saying "dont use a charm if you dont want it ticked" or "Our job is just to make sure you dont die" get a damn clue or uninstall pls. Seriously i bet if your charm is about to tick you heal yourself real fast huh. Freaking bs that clerics act as DDs first now and healers second. You wanna be a DD cleric have another cleric be healing or solo your stuff, but if you are in a squad you job is to heal and buff. *drops mic*
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A clerics "job" is to keep the entire squad alive. I side with lolgasmic on this and any cleric saying "dont use a charm if you dont want it ticked" or "Our job is just to make sure you dont die" get a damn clue or uninstall pls. Seriously i bet if your charm is about to tick you heal yourself real fast huh. Freaking bs that clerics act as DDs first now and healers second. You wanna be a DD cleric have another cleric be healing or solo your stuff, but if you are in a squad you job is to heal and buff. *drops mic*

What a stupid statement, if i still have half my charm left over from NW, and the cleric keeps letting my charm tick while he/she knows darn well those things are not cheap, then **** them really
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Archer is rb1 level 97, T3+10 bow and full set of T3+5 armor. Sky Demon's Pearl+4, R8 ring, and Warsong belt +5. Pure dex build with I think it was 9k base or close to it. The cleric never healed during boss fight, I think she did chromatic a couple times on mobs and healed like 2/3 of the 6 in squad.

Let it be clear that the barb attacked the boss first, fine. I already knew the barb wouldn't keep agro, they rarely do anyway.

As soon as the barb attacked I used STA and immedietly took agro. So I sparked, tangling mired and went nuts on the boss. Boss was only doing 200-500 damage per hit, no big deal, seen worse. Still taking hits... Watching cleric cast really slow plume shots at the boss.... 'r u srs?'

Boss fight took like 20-23 seconds and I had agro the entire time, no way the agro could had been confused to be on someone else. My HP was going down very steadily, oh and the boss did a couple special attacks for 2k. With my HP nearing the 50% mark I say:

- -
    heal
    cleric

charm ticks

Boss dies

seriously what a lazy cleric, yes i was annoyed.

I didn't get pissed until she made that stupid comment in the pic, and then i was furious when 3 other people from her faction started to PM how much i suck balls and should uninstall.

I've noticed the vast majority of people disagree with me (99% of which are clerics) and 100% of them were not even in that squad to see exactly what happened. Things got crazy once it was taken to world chat and of course everyone wants to say something. I guess this is a topic a lot of people were itching to talk about.

I'm not sorry for anything, I don't think there is anything to be sorry for, hurt feelings or what. In a nutshell this all started because I got annoyed a cleric wouldn't cleric.

To quote an OP wizzy Dragslave - only dumb *** DD's can't control their aggro. Maybe let the barb get aggro next time giving him more than 1 hit, especially since you "jknew he couldn't keep aggro".

You are crying over 1 charm tick in a 20-30 second boss fight. This is the stuff that gets me. It's also possible you were not in range for chromatic heals? I see archer do that all the time. An archer in BH eu today died because he wouldn't stay in BB range.
    Yea, I hope you hand out a flyer before you join squads. I'd happily throw you out on your behind if that was your cleric strategy in any squad I was forming.

Maybe the game needs a title for people to wear, "DD Only" for those who don't want to be the healer, or the tank.

"P*ss off, I'm on an attack macro and am microwaving my chicken nuggets. You're on your own, Snowflake"

Fine with me. I'm r9rr +12. I can hold my own on any situation. You're funny. Someone complaining about a charm tick is a dumbass. That is my final answer. Even in WS most people "uncharmed" can get to 25% hp before I wellspring them back full. If someone is charmed, that is not my problem. I am not worried about anyone's charm. Or maybe you guys are all under geared?

I wonder how you people get through WS you guys make the cleric follow you lane to lane? I bet you tank that stuff on charm. Most people split for all the lanes, solo them then meet up for bosses.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I frequently do TT BH1 and BH2 when there's no barb. When that happens I usually offer to have my evolved herc tank -- he has 4 aggro producing skills equipped, and so long as others in the party use only normal attacks he holds aggro without issue. Most of the time party members heed my caution or are already smart enough not to draw aggro on themselves. Today, I had two archers for Wurlord, neither stole aggro, and I can't say we killed the bosses any less quickly than usual.

The problem with most of you is you've got a rush rush rush mentality. If a newb barb doesn't know how to hold aggro, school him/her. How in the hell will they ever learn otherwise?

And I reiterate, if you steal aggro from the tank in a 20-30 sec. boss fight and your charm ticks, it's your own damn fault. Do your damned job as a DD'r, otherwise announce to the cleric ahead of time that you're tanking so he/she can be prepared to heal you. In short, check your stubborness and ego at the door and learn to play in a squad.

On a side note: I have to chuckle at the archers, sins, and bms (invariably male players), who insist on pulling the preliminary boss in BH 3-1. Their mDef sucks, and they usually emerge with 1/3 to 1/2 of their HP gone. My veno has 20K elemental Def, runs faster, can pull the boss with a pet thereby sustaining no damage whatsoever, but do I ever get a chance to do it? HELL NO! You macho, he-man heroes crack me up sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To quote an OP wizzy Dragslave - only dumb *** DD's can't control their aggro. Maybe let the barb get aggro next time giving him more than 1 hit, especially since you "jknew he couldn't keep aggro".

You are crying over 1 charm tick in a 20-30 second boss fight. This is the stuff that gets me. It's also possible you were not in range for chromatic heals? I see archer do that all the time. An archer in BH eu today died because he wouldn't stay in BB range.

Fine with me. I'm r9rr +12. I can hold my own on any situation. You're funny. Someone complaining about a charm tick is a dumbass. That is my final answer. Even in WS most people "uncharmed" can get to 25% hp before I wellspring them back full. If someone is charmed, that is not my problem. I am not worried about anyone's charm. Or maybe you guys are all under geared?

I wonder how you people get through WS you guys make the cleric follow you lane to lane? I bet you tank that stuff on charm. Most people split for all the lanes, solo them then meet up for bosses.

I dont understand why you even rolled a cleric really. Your attitude and lack of consideration regarding charms is just something. Personally idgaf if my ticks here and there, heck, I have in past soloed lunar pulls just cause. But if I have to **** my charms because cleric is too lazy to keep me at 1 IH stack while I`m tanking I will just replace said cleric with a DD as charmtanking w/o cleric in squad is far less annoying than doing so with one in squad.

As for WS, there I can make decision use some charm and use less time or slowpoke with squad and not tick charm. In boss fight with a cleric present there is no such pro con situation in place or the the time saved is marginal at best.

Ps. 20k hp base archer here, I dont need that many charm ticks/run to **** my charms in PvE.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Oh look, I was running BH79 on my sin.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    In regards to charm ticks, if a cleric is in squad that has not already stated they r going to act as a DD it is always assumed that they at some point will try to heal their fellow party members.

We all know a HP charm goes off when a player's HP has just hit less than 50%.

So in an instance if a player is having charm ticks, that either is a result of the player taking on more than they can handle, or a cleric not healing a sufficient amount in order to keep their health above 50%. Irregardless of the charm, waiting for a player's HP to drop below 50% before healing is a bad habit for a cleric(which is considered the main healing class of the game) to get into.
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    To be quite honest, the role of tank is known to switch. If an archer can tank with heals...as this archer clearly could, then that archer assumed the role as tank. I have run many instances where a class that would not otherwise be a tank class winded up tanking because they were able to.

In this instance, I can't really see how the archer is at fault, or the barb, or any DD. The fact is that the cleric did not heal. If the archer is taking damage, and going down, but not dying, why not IH that archer, and throw your seals out? Really, from how the damage seemed according to Lolgasmic, I could have thrown out a few IH's, cast dimensional seal on the boss, extreme poison, gone UV mode and cast MArk of Weakness. With 200-500 per hit, I could have kept him alive with sage celestial guardian seal alone, and kept him from a single charm tick. From my understanding, his charm ticked multiple times. Even if it didn't, throwing a heal out is what a cleric is in squad for unless otherwise specified.

Were the barb tanking, said barb still would not have been healed. Were any other class tanking, they would not be healed. An archer has no innate healing skills to speak of, and cannot benefit from bp, so they need a few heals tossed their way.

Regarding people stating that the archer shouldn't tank, and about DD's controlling their aggro, this holds true IF the archer or other DD cannot handle the aggro. If all they need are heals, then the role of tank has switched, and there isn't anything really wrong with that. The only other exception to when the archer should not take aggro is when it would otherwise endanger the squad, and this isn't one of those cases.

In regards to charm ticks, if a cleric is in squad that has not already stated they r going to act as a DD it is always assumed that they at some point will try to heal their fellow party members.

We all know a HP charm goes off when a player's HP has just hit less than 50%.

So in an instance if a player is having charm ticks, that either is a result of the player taking on more than they can handle, or a cleric not healing a sufficient amount in order to keep their health above 50%. Irregardless of the charm, waiting for a player's HP to drop below 50% before healing is a bad habit for a cleric(which is considered the main healing class of the game) to get into.

I am a cleric, and I agree 100%.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You are crying over 1 charm tick in a 20-30 second boss fight. This is the stuff that gets me.

You are taking a lot of the stuff I say out of context or just ignoring it. I was annoyed that the cleric wasn't clericing. b:kiss

also, WOOT FINALLY CLERICS SIDING WITH ME!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This thread is weird. The class that is suppose to be the main support class claims it is ok to let charms tickb:shocked. In my case, as cleric, if I see someone's charm tick, I think I have to heal faster, even focus on that player if I see he is squisky.

Over the years I did notice you can get one shotted because you are missing some HP, so I try to have my squad always at 100% HP, sometimes heal their MP if they don't use charms.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2014

On a side note: I have to chuckle at the archers, sins, and bms (invariably male players), who insist on pulling the preliminary boss in BH 3-1. Their mDef sucks, and they usually emerge with 1/3 to 1/2 of their HP gone. My veno has 20K elemental Def, runs faster, can pull the boss with a pet thereby sustaining no damage whatsoever, but do I ever get a chance to do it? HELL NO! You macho, he-man heroes crack me up sometimes.

The first boss in 3-1 does pure physical damage on every single attack.

Nice

And

Stupid
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

also, WOOT FINALLY CLERICS SIDING WITH ME!

QQ. I sided in with you in the past few pages of this. b:surrenderb:victory
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Ocelote - Lost City
    Ocelote - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why not dont you control your aggro instead of not leting the barb tank? i remember a time when DD used to do great damage without aggroing the bosses, well by now you know not to squad that EP or his/her faction XD ...
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You may enjoy this b:pleased

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHpPKgi-niI
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why control aggro when you can tank the damage?
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The problem here is a severe lack of communication. People think that just because PWI has given handouts and turned this game into easy mode, they don't have to operate as a squad anymore. You guys (as a whole) just keep letting it carry on this way. It needs to start with a plan on how you want to go about running that instance. There needs to be role assignment and people need to stick with that. Constructive criticism needs to be offered. Worst case scenario, public shaming needs to happen.

Cleric is a healing class. Anyone that has picked that class knows this. Someone asked a stupid question along the lines of "Then why do they have damage dealing skills?" It's because you can't do quests with healing skills. You can't PvP with healing skills. These are abilities given for when you have to do things on your own. It doesn't excuse healers from healing. You guys need to stop telling them they don't have to. The only people who should be telling them they don't have to heal is the squad they're in, if it's deemed unnecessary.

This isn't to excuse the rest of the squad from knowing what they need to do. Barbarians are supposed to be the tank class, and are supposed to use skills to ensure they hold aggro. Archers, or any other damage-dealing class for that matter, aren't supposed to compete for aggro. They're there for damage-dealing and support. Let the barb do his job. Make the barb do his job. You guys need to relearn class purposes and role assignment. That's all I can say.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    *snip*

Planning runs ish soooo 2012.b:nosebleed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Planning runs ish soooo 2012.b:nosebleed

Oo... so why people on RT server still ask for a type of class when running an instance? I believe kitty spend too much time in a microwave b:shocked

edit: for message below - so, RT is full of noobs? Will be online soon so will ask for a non-noob-kitty squad if needed, lol. But how about the microwave? Did kitty used it? :P
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    rtmira wrote: »
    Oo... so why people on RT server still ask for a type of class when running an instance? I believe kitty spend too much time in a microwave b:shocked

Noobs ask for class. Pros don't need to care much about class combinations.b:angry

RT ish quite full of noobs, Kitty said.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
    edited December 2014
    Why control aggro when you can tank the damage?

Cause forum warriors spend too much time on forums to play the game itself and are thus stuck to 2k10/smth similarly silly with their ideas bout the game.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There really are different mindsets in playing a cleric. There are those who're fully committed to their role as a cleric, are vigilant, and take it as a personal failure whenever someone dies in their squad (no matter how careless that *someone* was behaving).

^ This.

I was always a very good cleric and mindful of the gear of those in my squad as well as figuring out which one might do something stupid. I really liked being a support cleric that could be counted on -- but over time - I just got sick of being yelled at by nitwits that really had no clue what they are doing.

So if I make a cleric, she's only there to assist my main.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • TruthWarren - Raging Tide
    TruthWarren - Raging Tide Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Cause forum warriors spend too much time on forums to play the game itself and are thus stuck to 2k10/smth similarly silly with their ideas bout the game.

It's stupid **** like this that essentially tells people that it's perfectly acceptable to suck, which you will inevitably (and ceaselessly) complain about. 2k10 was a good year. People knew what they were doing in 2k10. I don't understand what's "silly" about that. You almost never heard of a Cleric telling you they weren't going to heal because "That's not my job." You very rarely heard of someone stealing aggro from the tank because aggro skills weren't being used. Now people asking for a different class to keep them alive during instances because Mystics are doing it better than most Clerics do. It's not even like quantity has gone up while quality drops, either. This game's playerbase is on a steady decline. I don't even see half as many shops in West as I used to. The same goes for people running dungeons. I think these "silly ... ideas bout the game" only sound that way to those who never would have amounted to much if things were halfway decent like they were back in 2k10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iwotm8?
    edited December 2014
    It's stupid **** like this that essentially tells people that it's perfectly acceptable to suck, which you will inevitably (and ceaselessly) complain about. 2k10 was a good year. People knew what they were doing in 2k10. I don't understand what's "silly" about that. You almost never heard of a Cleric telling you they weren't going to heal because "That's not my job." You very rarely heard of someone stealing aggro from the tank because aggro skills weren't being used. Now people asking for a different class to keep them alive during instances because Mystics are doing it better than most Clerics do. It's not even like quantity has gone up while quality drops, either. This game's playerbase is on a steady decline. I don't even see half as many shops in West as I used to. The same goes for people running dungeons. I think these "silly ... ideas bout the game" only sound that way to those who never would have amounted to much if things were halfway decent like they were back in 2k10.

Fine to suck, where the hell you get idea like this? Barb is tank attitude is so outdated its ridiculous. Game has evolved, players should evolve too or they will simply suck with how the game is currently. If I pull aggro, I can handle it, in such situation why not pull aggro and kill the thing as fast as possible?
  • mzanthro
    mzanthro Posts: 9
    edited December 2014
    Learn to control your aggro and this won't happen to you.

Yes, an archer can control their aggro. You wanted aggro, and kept it. Stop complaining and blaming others for your failings. Sure, the cleric could have healed you- but you could have pre-empted any need for this BS by simply controlling yourself.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I'll be quite frank, you nut cases that think I should had used some form of "agro control" are the type of DDs I would kick from squad. If I see your *** not sparking or DDing to your best I'm gonna have a word with you. I'm pretty freaking sure a cleric doesn't want to stand around using more mana and I sure as hell don't want anymore points of my durability lost.

b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mkat wrote: »

This..... is the perfect example of most of PWI Clerics.

IDK if someone already has, but I want to address the Cleric in the chat box. Saying how it wasn't their fault, but yours for coming to the BH.
    Do people ask for BH in WC like " LFM BH W/E WE HAVE USELESS CLERIC PM FAST"
    'cause that's the only instance where it would be your fault for joining the run

ALSO saying you were lagging is such a pathetic excuse. Not only is it a hinderance on the whole squad, but also very selfish because you're making everyone else have to deal with YOUR lag.

But I just have one question to Clerics who ONLY DD, and I mean those Cleric's who DD and only heal themselves but never anyone else.

WHY ARE YOU HERE?
  • beniyoung
    beniyoung Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    We can see here:

1-Lack of communication in squad. Since a year ago squads in RT are so quiet, no communication just run, DD, boss die, tys left squad.

2-Cleric Heal Priority always was the tank. LA class (sin and archers) always are the last in list for got heal

3-Maybe you invited a Metal Mage in your squad not a cleric.

4-Is just a charm tick in a archer is not the end of world.