wich one of my pets should get deflect skill,

nestorulloa
nestorulloa Posts: 19
edited December 2014 in Venomancer
i bough reflect for a really cheap price the other day(i know base is 10% better but this one was like 60% cheaper) but i dont know wich pet should get it, here are my fav pets:

The derjan: i builded my derjan to be a pve DD so its the one that i use the most, it doesnt take much damage since its only my DD pet , but sometimes i like to speed up dailies by sending it to a mob while i focus on others.

Supreme walker: this is my tank pet and as a tank it takes a lot of damage, the most logical option would be to get it on this one, but the issue here is that i NEVER need to use it, maybe in a future when i start soloing PV and stuff, but at the moment i rarely use it

Valiant protector: i use this pet a lot on PVP because the special skill of this pet forces the target to agro him for 4seconds, with deflect people will be forced to attack him, and getting 70% of the damage back , this could be waaay usefull for pvp(and mean b:surrender)

I like the idea of the suicidal strike on the valiant protector, but im not 100% sure
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice question.

I think you should focus on dino or walker. Reflect is a wonderful skill, I think it's a little wasted on a pvp pet that could be useful, but never like a nix or a monkey. R9 players don't give a freak about it, lol.

I think I would give it to the dino. Even if it's less tanky than the walker, it's ver balanced, fast, and could deal a incredible damage with the right inherit and mood skills. Mine have Radical mood, good attack inherit stats and claw skill (I've got it randomly from the Lycaeum and I almost yelled for joy!!): with this it deal same damage of the walker and twice as fast! It's simply deadly, it don't need any other aggro skill because its damage with bash is more than enough. If you could get strong and reflect for it, you would gain a good tank with more balanced defence than walker, and faster. Its speed is one of my favourite thing, because as veno I must always be ready to run, which is a big problem with a slow pet like walker. I often use it in pvp too when I can, waiting to evolve my Sawfly.

On the other side, walker is the best tank you could ask for. Mine have provoking skill, that can steal aggro from average players and can tank almost all bosses I met so far. I rarely use it outside istances, but when I do it's for real surviving: without I could never solo istances. It's not a herc, but it save me from many bad situations and I'm truly proud of it. Same here, with strong and protect it would become deadly and reflect would help a lot in this case.

So it's up to you, everything depend from your playstyle and from mood and inherit stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Probably a matter of personal preference, but I'd put reflect on the Walker -- he's your tank, reflect will help him keep aggro more easily.

A very long time ago I farmed Temple pet skills and was finally able to collect the three skills that are unique to hercs. Just for fun, I put them on a Glacial Walker. That Walker is now level-101 and evolved. He can tank everything my herc tanks, but he doesn't get the aggro-keeping skills of a herc, so when I play around with him during neuma runs I have to use some finesse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nestorulloa
    nestorulloa Posts: 19
    edited December 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Nice question.

I think you should focus on dino or walker. Reflect is a wonderful skill, I think it's a little wasted on a pvp pet that could be useful, but never like a nix or a monkey. R9 players don't give a freak about it, lol.

the reason i think about him its because since it forces people to agro him for 4seconds they tend to kill him, making it a suicide bomber
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It would depend on people's gear in that case. Usually, Bramble is really not a threat unless it's a person with high attack and very bad gear/defences. It's not something you can rely on, I believe.

Your idea is not bad, but I would personally advice not to use Bramble on a PvP pet, and instead give it to your tank or main DD pet. I believe either of those two pets might benefit from Bramble much more.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Reflect has two uses: to return melee damage dealt (the bigger the hit the pet can take and survive, the more damage will be reflected) and to keep melee mobs focused on your pet while you heal it (the more hits from the mobs your pet can survive, the more mobs your pet can handle and slowly whittle down from reflect damage, or conversely, the more it can gather up for your AOEs.)

Don't decide based on PVP, as presently pets are pretty much a non-factor in PVP, even evolved and with legendary buff skills. PVE is where reflect on a pet is useful, and the tankier the pet, the more useful it is, so I'd have to say put it on the walker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga