New Classes: Duskablade & Stormbringer too many A's in duskblade

I noticed it too.
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Uhm.....

Maybe we'll get more activity.

*is not good with change*

I might level one of the new classes casually though like I did with mystic out of curiosity..
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also typo in the announcement:
    New Classes: Duskablade & Stormbringer too many A's in duskblade

I am glad it is a typo, sounds pretty weird with an "a" there.

December 16th... I won't be able to log in that day QQ

Also, this is a good opportunity to move to another server.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Lets see how long it takes for the first level 105 for both new classes
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ew the new titles r horrible for the classes, Moon Fairy and Shadow something was better

and Dec 16 is way too soon x.x, hope PWI is well prepared for it then b:surrender
    Night Shadow. duskblade this class is not.. I wonder who did the researc.. wait, when did they ever make sense..?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jaytrain91 wrote: »
    Lets see how long it takes for the first level 105 for both new classes

I'll be the first for sure. And if it's the last thing I do. The problem is...the release really screws my plan up a bit. I thouhgt it'll release somewhat at the end of january. There I could be free from work...but the 16th december...and the following hollidays...ffs I wanted to have the first r9rr, reborn Fairy...oh well, guess I can forget it then xD
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    I was thinking we would see the new classes in maybe March or April, wow was i wrongb:laugh
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why @ the logo design, that's nagl

I wasn't expecting this expansion to arrive so quickly, but yay for happy news. That Random Instance System has piqued my interest. b:dirty
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Woa a new expansion! Why are you blindsiding us like this? This thing is catching us totally by surprise.

Get hyped everyone!

Best post in this thread. b:laughb:victoryb:pleasedb:victoryb:laugh
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • tracyrandle
    tracyrandle Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I don't know why everyone is getting so excited, this just means a ton more glitches and if you are lucky we might get back on the game in 2 or 3 days. lol remember it is PWI
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Interesting, I may log back in to check it out. Wonder how long it would take for people to roll around R2 with R999 without FC... They should open FC once again so us sins can start selling rooms again lol we get bored.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie will their be new pots and such? Charms that can help combat new multi hit skills maybe? Or stealth detection pots not limited by level?

Also new expansions adding in a new race typically mean new skills following suit. Do u have any idea when we might get new skills for each of the classes? Skills top gear any day of the week. How about some nerfs? We have long needed nerfs now.

Skills needed to be nerfed:
    Sin:
    Stealth - put time limits on it (Perma stealth is op)
    Tidal protection- needs longer cd or shorter duration.
    Eliminate- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.
    LifeHunter- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.
    Cursed jail- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.

Venos:
    Demon ironwood- remove 0def it's op
    Sage fox form- Lower chi gain they get to much QQ.
    Arcane antinomy - maybe a bit longer cast very OP for such a fast channel.

Psychic:
    Pretty balanced

Seeker:
    Pretty balanced

Cleric:
    Pretty balanced

Barb:
    Cornered beast - should be able to purge.

Mystic:
    Balanced

Archer:
    They just auto shot no need for skill nerfs.

Wizard:
    Balanced class

Blade master:
    Balanced class.

When will we see some nerfs?
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When I get back from my trip I'll be keeping my eyes open for threads on just how many bugs and glitches this brings in. It's never a disappointment!b:laugh

Also I don't care for the new names either.....

Duskblade & Stormbringer: Too cliché.....SO belongs in a kids cartoon.....

Nightshadow & Moon Fairy: THIS sounds more majestic! They draw power from the moon, it suits them better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkie will their be new pots and such? Charms that can help combat new multi hit skills maybe? Or stealth detection pots not limited by level?

Also new expansions adding in a new race typically mean new skills following suit. Do u have any idea when we might get new skills for each of the classes? Skills top gear any day of the week. How about some nerfs? We have long needed nerfs now.

Skills needed to be nerfed:
    Sin:
    Stealth - put time limits on it (Perma stealth is op)
    Tidal protection- needs longer cd or shorter duration.
    Eliminate- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.
    LifeHunter- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.
    Cursed jail- shouldn't be allowed to use this with atk level buff on.

Stopping a skill to be used while a Jones' Blessing, Seeker Rune Buff or NW buff is active would probably be a lot of coding that isn't really necessary. While those skills are annoying to be hit with out of stealth, using domain and then a dew of star protection or fortification draught will usually stop a sins multi hit skill in it's tracks.

Venos:

You should be more worried about Sage Redstone Venoworm than demon, ijs. Our sage fox form does not need a nerf. If demon venos get their super fast speed from their fox form, why can't we have 35 chi per cast? It has a 6 second CD. We don't build as fast as you're trying to make other believe. Arcane Antinomy is no different to the primal skill Grudge Strike, they both do the same thing. The slow and channel increase can be annoying for those we use it on, but it's CD is super, super long. Which, really, balances it's quick cast. We use it in the blink of an aye, then it's on CD for 3 minutes.

When will we see some nerfs?

See red.
  • Mystran - Lost City
    Mystran - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    If this is the rumored expansion where all DQ goes down to 1 coin (and other than bank DQ, nobody does anything with DQ anymore other than sell it), then I am predicting a crashed economy for all non-cash-shopping players.

Coin will go up in value, but nobody (other than the already op pay-to-win players) will have coin to spend. Then, coin will go down in value since nobody will have any (.....the 1% rise again?) and catshops will die.

Yes, I know coin will still drop. Yes, I know there are other things to sell. BUT, as someone who has earned several hundred million (I think its over a billion by now, but I don't count) in coin without spending real cash, I know that high level DQ has been the source of income for many a player, and without that, the players will have a choice. Spend real money or do without.

With that prediction, even with the expansion, and no new plan for DQ (which was promised HOW LONG AGO???), I foresee sadness and frustration. Except for the people who can afford to spend $$, which as we all know, are the only ones PWI will cater to (as seen by the GM ticket responses I've had and seen).

Rantus Endus.

-disclaimer- Not everybody in PWI is a heartless, hand-wringing $$monger. I know this. And I understand this is also a business. However, if you make a free-to-play game, the free players are also your customers, and I haven't been made to feel like a customer. I will still play during the expansion and see what happens. But I have already prepared myself for the worst.
    I will hope for the best.
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A couple of questions with the expansion:
    1) Jolly? Still alive and a cash machine
    2) All maps gonna be working now with team tracking?
    3) Is the bridge in arch & warsong finally fixed? So annoying those speed bumps
    4) Will there be an event introducing the expansion or will it just land?
    5) What's happening with the primal passives? They still in effect? Removed?
    6) The new stuff looks very wizzy - what about finishing off fliers for the other classes - making them upgradable.

The new classes & engine bring a lot - but would be nice to see existing systems - craft/etc - revisited and revamped.

ta
  • NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver
    NoirAquarius - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    seitori wrote: »
    Sparkie, please tell us that they're going to finally expand the character slots (Per Server/Account) "like many of us have been asking for ~Since time immemorial~" b:surrender

Some of us don't wanna do (dual clienting) /or/ continue to add more characters on other (Rarely used) servers, that we go on too only to level our other classes of characters that are in excess of the "8 spots" that we got limited too on our (Primary Servers) ~ Just once it would be nice to see them do something to help fix "the simple things" like the "Too Many Classes to Make 'with' Not Enough Spots per (server) bit

We'd like to add our new characters to our primary server lists, with our already established financial & crafting able RA~characters and their already "stashable account banks" rather then send them into exile elswhere, onto servers that we shouldn't have had to fall back upon in the first place....b:surrenderb:surrender

I would also like to know if this will be expanded.
    "Why blind them with Brilliance when you can baffle them with Bullsh*t"~

"Can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent." ;D
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Venos:

Only the Avatar can bring balance to the world. b:avoid

Demon ironwood's 0% debuff proc chance is 20%, cannot rely on it, arcane anatomy's CD is 3 minutes; sounds pretty balanced for me.
  • pulpit
    pulpit Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    will you be increasing the number of characters per account from 8-10 so we can make one of these new classes ? I have 21 characters on 3 accounts and the lowest level I have is 95 I did this so I could I have one sage/demon character of every class and would like to continue doing that (4 new characters with this expansion). I won't delete any of these existing characters since I have acquired inventory stones, safe stones, flying mounts, reputation etc. and took the time to get them all nearly to 100+. So please expand the available characters then I can get inventory stones, safe stones, flying mounts, reputation etc. for these new oneb:thanksb:thanksb:thankss
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Damn new expansion and I'm unable to check it out. Freaking bummer but true as some have said I will hold off returning to the game until things have been revealed. I'm excited regardless with new classes I've always wanted a scythe character and got my wish so that's namely my reason to be super excited. Name isn't impressive though could've been thought over way better. I really hope DQ doesn't drop to 1 coin even for higher level drops, if so, them I'm screwed!!

I'm sure by the time I get back the areas won't be so flooded xD enjoy the lag-dc-fest! b:laugh

Nope nvm I read it in the other post - dq down 1 coin! Geez..... Might end up quitting if I will be unable to make money.
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (stuff)

Ummm have you snorted glue as a child?
    We have had a couple of threads for months already with everything the expansion brought to China, naturally they will not be making any balance changes particularly for this version.
    I won't even try to argue that you have issues with spotting real balance issue, I'm just going to point out that you're delusional if you expect anything other than what has already been found.

If this is the rumored expansion where all DQ goes down to 1 coin (and other than bank DQ, nobody does anything with DQ anymore other than sell it), then I am predicting a crashed economy for all non-cash-shopping players.

Coin will go up in value, but nobody (other than the already op pay-to-win players) will have coin to spend. Then, coin will go down in value since nobody will have any (.....the 1% rise again?) and catshops will die.

Yes, I know coin will still drop. Yes, I know there are other things to sell. BUT, as someone who has earned several hundred million (I think its over a billion by now, but I don't count) in coin without spending real cash, I know that high level DQ has been the source of income for many a player, and without that, the players will have a choice. Spend real money or do without.

With that prediction, even with the expansion, and no new plan for DQ (which was promised HOW LONG AGO???), I foresee sadness and frustration. Except for the people who can afford to spend $$, which as we all know, are the only ones PWI will cater to (as seen by the GM ticket responses I've had and seen).
    (snip)

Honestly, at this point, I don't think we will ever get a dq system, since there is no motivation for it.
    We got it in the first place because China had nerfed the dq prices because of their illegal bot problems, and we had no such problems here.
    However, now that we have an official bot function in the game for all to use, there is no need for them to make a special system to compensate us for our lack of bots, since we have had them as well.
    If anything, this price nerf should have been implemented the second they introduced the bot function in game, it has already damaged us at this point in time (but of course no one complained they were leaving bots on over time and came back in the morning to a couple of millions to bank on).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    A couple of pertinent questions:

What do the Stormbringer (Love this name personally, reminds of the X-Man, Storm. I see alot of ini's being based off her.) and Duskblade skill books look like? Or because of the new skill interface do we not even get books at all?

When these classes get there demon and sage skills, will the icons be all flashy and pretty like Earthguard demon sage skills and merger skills for most classes? (I hope so, Mystic's and Seeker's have some of the prettiest icons for demon and sage skills btw)
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • OwCrap - Archosaur
    OwCrap - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol So much ******** ...

im relaxed, i just go with the flow and think its all cool..

New expansion is gonna rock!
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lol So much ******** ...

im relaxed, i just go with the flow and think its all cool..

New expansion is gonna rock!

Ikr!? People have such negative minds! Like c'mon two new classes! Long overdue in my opinion
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • sinme79
    sinme79 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are we going to have new character slots? My accounts are FULL. and I'm not going to make a new account that I have to farm gear for, when I already have my accounts sorted into armor types. This. Please let us know. b:surrender
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Venos:

r u serious.
    1st nerf other classes

When i was demon veno i used demon ironwood like a lot in NW/ TW , those 20% chance never worked for me.
    Lower chi gain for other classes then too ;O
    Arcane Antinomy- love that skill, one of few veno skill which actually do high dmg. 2 min cooldown is already pain in butt
  • jaytrain91
    edited December 2014
    What about Morai, Primal and 77/100 skills for the new classes?
    will they have them or not?
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited December 2014
    So Here's What You Can Expect From The Expansion.

1. It will be incomplete.

The original release dates set by Wanmei were next Spring. Pushing for a March/April release.
    Sparkie stated here in the forums that PWE was going to push to get it released in January.
    Reality is that they managed to push it forward to the 16th of December.

So instead of spending 25 weeks on development, they've shoved it out with less than 10. (assuming that development on our version started after they released the CN version.)
    That's over 600 hours of time spent on development that was thrown out the window completely.

2. Newly implemented quests and changes may be broken.

See above with #1. same reasons. If you've been here for any major expansion, you already know this to be fact anyway.

3. The new engine is hardly any improvement to client performance.

Seriously, I've tested it. Nearly no improvement at all with the new engine because the base coding for the client has hardly been touched. I'm hoping that later releases will change this, but so far, it's a major disappointment and I really don't have much in the way of hopes for any improvement in the future.

The short of it.

PWE is once again taking something that could be "ok" and doing their best to mis-manage and mess it up. They're only partially to blame though as the developers of the software in China aren't doing a much better job thanks to similar management over there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Umm, I do the regular boring old DQ quest all the time. I wish they would update the randomization to make it a bit more balanced, and switch the rewads over to a craft window rather than quests, but I get so much done while flying place to place.

And back before the first price drop - I made money doing the DQuests by picking up all the drops. Oddly enough you can make more money grinding for the lower level DQ items if you work on the lower level quests if you pick up all your drops. Don't go too low, because the diminishing returns really kicks in tho.

True actually picking up your drops is 'work' (ohhh nooooes!) and not as fast as just getting the dq items and selling those. But one time I followed someone not picking up their drops and netted over 20k gold plus about that in pots/lucky (ticket/box/whatever) and items (kept the pots so hard to say actual value.)

New Question: Any word on if the change to the interface will affect the Auction House?

That seriously needs some major tweeking. Ever tried looking for a flyer there? (I know they don't get put there often, but still.) Each version of a flyer has it's own little category. Or crafting mats? Pet Food?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • zuzanny
    zuzanny Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Oh here we go again...now every 1 will start complaining about the so called OP stormbringer

I am more worried about the new interface. I LIKED the old 1, but I do like the prospect of new players coming on board because the starting zones are totally empty. I remember a time when the starting zones where filled with people and trying to kill a mob was almost impossible due to the crowds there. Miss those days....