Oh, so tempted

Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Twilight Temple (West)
Before I get into this, let it be known I hate PvP. Not only am I bad at it, a situation due to a physical incapacity that will not improve, but I don't see the thrill in running around dispatching other players.

I'm a veno, daily I have to switch to PvP mode to do the Lyceum quest. Sometimes, I have no choice but to do my Morai and Primal dailies in PvP mode, and sometimes others, usually members of Hoorah get me while I'm trying to complete a quest. No harm, no foul, not complaining -- I'm a big girl and I know the risks.

That said, today I was picking up the Heroic Warsong quest in Primal and came upon a Hoorah archer who was in PK mode (as members of that faction usually are) and appeared to be AFK. I completed the quest, returned to the NPC, and the Hoorah archer was still there. Sensing an opportunity for recompence, I went so far as to summon my best PvP pet, but then I had second thoughts, and left the area.

It seemed dishonorable to attack someone who was AFK. I wonder if I'd have been accorded the same respect. Doubtful.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    this archer being full +12 JOSD, I doubt he wudve cared about some 50 damage hits b:surrender
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    this archer being full +12 JOSD, I doubt he wudve cared about some 50 damage hits b:surrender

But that's not the point, is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Although I applaud the venocide by my fellow archer brethren, going afk white name outside of sz deserves a good ol' charm ****. I would've sicked the pet on him for a lil bit.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Depends on each person I guess...

I did kill a couple of undergeared and AFK people since I'm in PK mode all the time (unless I bot or something) but it wasn't satisfying or rewarding in any way so I stopped. Unless it's a bot, of course. Botting in PK mode is asking to be killed.

I also usually don't bother people who are questing because I'm not interested in making people upset. Plus, I'm sure some of them might be in a rush to finish and then go to work or whatever they have to do. I know that feeling all too well since I'm usually in a rush to finish too whenever I log on and also why I rarely "stick around for a fight" whenever I get attacked. I just wanna do these dailies and log off to work on assignments (though last few days I skipped dailies entirely and probably will continue so).

Other people enjoy killing undergeared players, AFK people or whatever, or maybe they just want to increase their kill count (the rankings are still somewhat working on the EU site) or like making people mad and seeing them burst in anger or are bored and try to make people PK with/against them. Whatever makes them happy.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    What is *undergeared*? Is it anything less than r9rr +12 and JOSDs? More likely, it simply refers to absolutely anyone with poorer gear than the attacker du jour.

As I said, I don't get upset when I'm attacked while in PvP mode; frankly, it's to be expected. I try to mind my own busiiness, mostly die when attacked, but every now and then my shaky hands click the right combination of buttons and my attacker gets a nasty surprise. You see, my gear is mostly +11 and above, sharded for PvP, and I'm not so undergeared. I don't take any pleasure from *winning* these confrontations, I have MS, am easily stressed, and afterwards my hands are often trembling too much to continue my dailies. But that's life.

Someone above suggested I couldn't do much to that JOSD'd archer, which is probably true, but I might have set my Harpy upon him and simply drained his charm. In another thread someone bragged about doing this kind of thing; to me it seems like griefing, it's definitely devoid of all honor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is only dishonourable if you attack but don't kill. Killing them instantly is very honourable because you are doing them a favour by ensuring that their charm doesn't get drained by stray mobs while they're afk.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What is *undergeared*? Is it anything less than r9rr +12 and JOSDs? More likely, it simply refers to absolutely anyone with poorer gear than the attacker du jour.

Pretty much. When discussing PvP, I'll consider undergeared anyone with poorer gear than the attacker in question that lets them 1-shot or 2-shot said undergeared people easily or generally someone that can be killed with little effort due to gear differences.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Dengeli is cyberbully
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Meh, oneshotting people is boring. The only time I would do it is if the person is a **** and gets a disadvantage from it, like having to restart cube. Like these people that camp there just to annoy the **** out of players...

Besides that I don't see the need to do so. Even in a TW, being able to oneshot people would still bore the hell out of me lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Give in to the dark side... b:sin
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Give in to the dark side... b:sin

Not likely, I'm not wired that way. I'll go on being quite content being a bad, but honorable player. I guess it's a matter of priorities. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Not likely, I'm not wired that way. I'll go on being quite content being a bad, but honorable player. I guess it's a matter of priorities. b:victory

Would you do it for a Scooby Snack? b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited December 2014
    Skittles, definitely for Skittles b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]