why no more starting in primal world?

Options
JaGgEdRoCk - Lost City
JaGgEdRoCk - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
Just as the title says, why do new toons not start in primal anymore?
Post edited by JaGgEdRoCk - Lost City on

Comments

• Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    the gms got rid of it after there were too many botters in that world just so they can get free flying mounts,
    if you have a toon in there already then id take the advantage of grinding till you can get the flyers
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty stupid reason. 1.5 speed fliers are worth 5m coins at best, these aren't even trade-able, so what gives?

How come Dragonet always loses Cute Rush?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My guess is that there were so many botters trying to get the free stuff that they would get in the way of normal players trying to do the quests so they are introducing a new starter zone in the upcoming expansion.

I remember when I made a new toon once and there were a few botters that kinda got in my way. I was trying to complete some quests but they'd kill the mobs before I could since the I lacked channeling and my casting was too slow vs. two others players.

If that's not the case then maybe they just wanted to replace it with the new area instead of having to edit the old place to include the new race's stuff.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I believe that starter zone we had was not meant to be the one they wanted. Maybe that one was a temporary one, or one to test player's behaviour.

On the next expansion the actual starter zone will be implemented. The same one that has the floating city we see on our login screen since New Horizons. Maybe it wasn't finished in time for NH so they had to copy/paste Primal locations to make one.

Of course, these are only my assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    That sounds like a pretty stupid reason. 1.5 speed fliers are worth 5m coins at best, these aren't even trade-able, so what gives?

How come Dragonet always loses Cute Rush?

Not to hard to notice that they do in fact look a whole lot better than the crappy looking traditional fliers.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My guess is that there were so many botters trying to get the free stuff that they would get in the way of normal players trying to do the quests so they are introducing a new starter zone in the upcoming expansion.

I remember when I made a new toon once and there were a few botters that kinda got in my way. I was trying to complete some quests but they'd kill the mobs before I could since the I lacked channeling and my casting was too slow vs. two others players.

If that's not the case then maybe they just wanted to replace it with the new area instead of having to edit the old place to include the new race's stuff.

but again...those were not even really good fliers. They should have just made it much easier to get, then nobody would be botting days for it.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well there was nothing wrong with starter zone apart those ridiculous farming for flyer or fashion that expire once left the place (not flyer just fashion for detail minded). It's the bot that is the biggest problem they refuse to accept.
    Let's see, big impact on economy because of bot and not in a good way, then you have people complaining that others bot everywhere and quest mobs and such, it's basically even worse powerleveling then FC was because in fc u had to kill something even in xp room and bot is just press f12 and...well stare at screen is what most do...And even DQ system was just fine worked properly and no complaints (i assume) well bot appear and suddenly everyone have tons of event gold and what get's removed without replacement? DQ system! Yet people protect the botting since it's a such a great thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think it was more those packages you can open at level 90 and 100 that attracted botting there. 3 +5 orbs and 3 +6 orbs for bound equipment - handy for upgrading an alt or accountstashing it over to other characters.

With the free eventgold handouts by code and 3.0 fliers for 100 eventgold in the event boutique, using the free flier from the primal zone is pointless imho.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • solmeya
    solmeya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That is a decision stupid'm new to the game and see other players my level (26) with flying and horses, I wonder where they get it and tell me in primal, then we arrived we have no right to have the same as the old ?, because if they took it off the entrance to primal those accounts are old right?
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think they have already bumped all remaining characters out of primal so you can no longer go back in...
    Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    solmeya wrote: »
    That is a decision stupid'm new to the game and see other players my level (26) with flying and horses, I wonder where they get it and tell me in primal, then we arrived we have no right to have the same as the old ?, because if they took it off the entrance to primal those accounts are old right?

You still get mount and flyer from the chest thing, same when dreamchaser codes is out.

but yeah the grind in primal starter world, to get the mount+fllyer was ridicoulos - best thing was the coins earned on the drops b:chuckle
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • NestFreemark - Raging Tide
    NestFreemark - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't know how many actually knew about this, but the botters may have all been farming for the (up to) 6* orbs. They were kind of hidden in the starter zones.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    my bm is still in the primal starting zone b:laugh
    time to farm aquametal
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell