How to fix it

Options
nanbo554
nanbo554 Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Suggestion Box
Based on this thread:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1726441

I have in game examples through questing of how to fix what is wrong with PWI questing (assuming we remove PV and replace it with meaningful progression paced questing)

1) I am level 92 and I counted all quests in available and "current" which total to around 42 quests.

2) The average these quests give are 20,000 EXP per accomplishment. The harder ones (killing mass mobs, going into dungeons, etc etc) run about 50,000 exp per turn in.
Void quests (those extra little Emmisary quests you do after BH), run about 32K each.
The rest literally five 10K, 600, or nothing... This obviously ties in with the community voicing: "Around level 80 quests give little EXP" I have heard all over. This is true, and although I found some interesting quests lines that have helepd me get some exp boosts in, and cute items and over all entertainment...The majority are there to chip the charm away or spend hours resting, potioning, on mobs as you dry the eyes out to accomplish the task. Only to be rewarded a very small percetnage.

WAIT! Before you do the "YOU should have been here before. It was very hardcore". I was here before. In fact, I was here before PWI existed (played on the Perfectworld.my, only english server that existed back in the day... Ahh cubi-credits...) I get it. You spent the first open PWI beta days pressing 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 in one place growing buttt mold cheese, and so therefore you are a "true warrior man / lady" and merit a badge. I understand how it works. I have done it. I also was into Korea's Grindage series (L1 and L2). I understand the mentality to zone out into music hopped on redbull while reality becomes a clicked fest blur.... BUt also tasted fun and well scripted quests and tasks that break this monotony...And that is the fiuture of gaming. And if you break things to wire frames, algrithimic sturcutres and remove the image, you still are sitting there growing butt cheese while pressing buttons in both systems, so stop crying over what is better.

The fact is, gaming is evolving more into meaningful content in the mmorpgs communities (*** trying out living stories, etc etc..) PWI just released a statement saying...Their US product sucks: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/11/26/perfect-worlds-q3-results-down/

They are slowly catching up in "patch work" like excuse updates (PV, faster level up, etc.) As much as I liked the old version where 100 was almost non existant and end gamers sort of floated around mid 80's teasing level 90...It lost a lot of it's steam to players doing the same things over and over: Heaven - hell, all same armor, change up it with a few different fashion pieces. NOw they have more exciting progression features including reborn, new lands / Quest lines / armor and weapon choices etc... And it's wonderful! It keeps it living and diverse and choice filled. DPS or HP build? Str or Vit? It is not super diverse, but for an old game with a reputation of linear one way end game it started off as, it is nice to get things moving.
Sadly, it tends to drag it's feet and gives other games the red carpet treatment. Kind of sad for a game with the title of the parent company "Perfect World Entertainment". Yet rolls out stuff like Swordsman etc.. Update this first! Give your flag ship the love first! OMG I AM SPINNING OFF TOPIC! (but oh so relevent).

SO 42 quests, 20K average, the good but tough quests 50K. And Guild base quests and BH's the only thing worth doing daily as they dump out a decent 100K+ exp. Until level 95 Morai. Where I hear things go "daily quest" like. Which is a HUGE sign a MMORPG has taken the cheap route. There was a game called RoM (runes of magic), that buried itself alive in dailies. You had levels 30 to end game filled with quests and armor and goodies, but they had a daily quest system that had 7 quests per day with a cash shop reset. If you found the right spot, you could power level. This meant, at level 30, although I had super cool quests lines, and story to see unfod, and maps to go explore...I camped Snow Ferrets that gave HUGE EXP boosts no quest even came close to. I literally could spend all day gaining 2% EXP regular questing. Or do all 7 quests in one day for a 25% gain, log out, and do it again tomorrow, and end of week I can dump all my now GREY (no exp because to high level) quests out of the book, skip an entire map, and move on the to, NO NOT THE NEXT Level 40 content, but the next level 40 DAILY camping ground of Forest fairies. I quit the game then and there.
That is right, it was not the enhancment P2W system that most people cry about in RoM. I quit because the entire game life was "Grind dailies (and beyond tempting to cash shop a daily reset stone for more than 7 per day) on ferrets till 40. Forest Fairies till 60, and Fire Fairies till end game".... Cut out 4 maps, all the story lines, and all the exploration. (well youd miss out on the armor upgrades through quest rewards, but if you knew what gave what you quickly wrap that up). And poof! that is actually PWE model for Forsaken World. The game starts off normal, questing, story, progression, then you meet a strange man named Henry, and you end up logging in for dailies only.
PWE offers a little more, but let's face it. Level 85 90 plus. Forget exploring. Forget story lines. BH, PV, dailies.

3) All I am suggesting by removing PV and making progression non reliant on BHs and other "have to be really OP to profit from it", is USE THOSE 45 QUESTS WE HAVE SITTING IN THE LOG, and UP THE EXP RATE ON THEM! (And the cherry on top is make them exciting, rewarding (celest stones in addition to the gold and exp), and measured out for DECEN AND BALANCED progression.
Because if you look around... They could have coded the huge gold spikes in the already existing quests to get us motivated to do them, BUT THEY TOOK THE TIME AND ENERGY to make something called Jolly Jones. Which is the same MECHANIC / GOAL: An NPC that gives you a DAILY quest, THAT GIVES YOU GOLD! (because obviosuly they thought there was not enough gold in the regular game itself!) so instead of just tweaking the quest gold amount. They made an NPC that tells you to do 2 major things: "Go look at the water" - "Go collect potatos (or whatever it is JOlly sends you into the field to gather)".... Creative? Explorative? Meaningful? NO!
Rewarding? YES!
That is the balance I Am trying to make: Creative + Explorative + MEaningful to the world and your character + Rewarding.
They have the reward down. But the rest...it is like PV. "Look at me mama. I'm covered in mobs. POOF! EXP and levels and stuff! so cool! Best gaming experience ever. I loaded in a cave, and pulled mobs that all looked the same and gained mass exp. 10/10 I HIGHLY RECOMEND:"

SAID NO GAMER EVER.

THey have the tools.
They have the examples.
They just do not have your interest in mind. What is coming down the pipeline?
The typical update stuff that "holds the masses over". Those come in a few cheap forms:
1) New classes (with no real "connection" to the game world or the lore that was around it). Just new shinies.
2) The "tower". You will notice the cheapest tactic devs do to "hold them over" is release a "dark tower" "tower of doom" tower tower tower...Where they copy and paste the mobs in a linear path way to copy and paste world bosses (the guys that put a little effort will sometimes make at least new boss models) and it is huge EXP. GEts you powered up for the next, which follows shortyl, level cap....Wait...I think I just summed up PWI in a nut shell... omg we are in a huge tower of cheap design! No, I love PWI for it's rich world...don't go mess it up with this bad "PV" design. What is next? PV2 where you have a second token that gives X2 exp but harder boss? Oh that is what hypers are for...of course...minus the boss.

Epic dragone encounters? Epic end game quests that require team and guild work? Sieges? More crafting ideas? The thing that is irritating is that the design and choices are INFINITE based soley on creativity. The result we have is LIMITED / FINITE based on cash models.
So open letter to you investers in that link above and your Q3 earnings...Want Q4 earnings to go through the roof????? LISTEN TO THE COMMUNITY (not the responses below, those are angry trolls jealous they are missing these ideas, clues, and butt mold got infected) and attract bees with pollen, not vinegar, and you will make honey!
b:bye
Post edited by nanbo554 on

Comments

• Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sweet! Good job! Enjoyed all of the post
  • nanbo554
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I Also take screen shots as a hobby in this game. You can see them here:
    http://fr.pinterest.com/rivadeneyra666/

Look at all these images that scream LORE! STORY! You have giant dragon and elephant skeletons hanging around. Huge skulls in the ground. Volcano's etc... We have so much potentiall and fun and rewarding things to get crative with.

"Solve Dragon story by defeating a series of dark cult members, leading up to a small drake fights, leading up to group dragon battle"....Boosts like PV exp.

"Elephent skeletons, the tribes men that killed them are back! Explore the new region in underground caves, tying it in to the over all land design (there is actually a cave called "the cave of something something glee" that is a solo instance cave that is PERFECT for this kind of "instanced" story telling! USe it you devs!)

Volanco. New thermal pwoer magic is harnessed, explore iside the volcano, get launched out of one as the you defeat the boss and the group has 2 min. to all load into a mining rocket he was building. You all click the buttons in order that was on the coded paper you are given (code changes at random to keep it alive and not wikiable), once each player hits the code in order you get launched out of the volcano and land on the outskirts of a major city, saving the town from destruction giving all in said town '(ohhh lets throw ARch in there) a smal buff. Or if you fail, the missile hits and people get a smalll debuff or to not **** people off, just show flames animated dancing around the city walls and buildings and the words: "Nanbo554's party failed to save the city from Cult X evil plans. Arch burns to the ground".... Little things....It's the little things that make it alive. b:surrender
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There are plenty things which can make you level fast from level 90.
    But you are so much focused on quests only.
    Do divines, PV 90-95, bh, TT hypered...

I am so much against your idea. Because PV is a good way to level from 103 without spending 5 hours per day. Some people work during the day and dont have time to play that much in the evening.

So just no. And much more no since pwi removed hyper in FC. Period
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • nanbo554
    edited November 2014
    Options
    There are plenty things which can make you level fast from level 90.
    But you are so much focused on quests only.
    Do divines, PV 90-95, bh, TT hypered...

I am so much against your idea. Because PV is a good way to level from 103 without spending 5 hours per day. Some people work during the day and dont have time to play that much in the evening.

So just no. And much more no since pwi removed hyper in FC. Period

You apparently did not read.

Seriously. DO you trolls just read a title, the first paragraph, then skip to comments????

READING AND COMPREHENSION....It is 6th grade level writing too...wome on now.

I never said take it out and leave a huge hole with nothing. DERP.

It says in sumary with examples and CAPITAL WORDS to guide you to the main points (god I need pictures and sounds for these people I think): "Remove the bland and silly content like PV, replace the "REWARDS and PROGRESSION" in other methods".

I gave the Jolly jones example where instead of "looking at water" you can actually just do the regular uests THAT TAKE THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME and get the same reward.

I mention several times using the key word "PROGRESSION" and I even made an entire parapgraph about how I do not like the old system of long grinding. The point was to make it that 5 hour only player friendly, and at the same time support the systems to dedicated players....

Seriously, not sure where you work, but I am sure reading and comprehension is a required skill even at McDonalds.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You mention "Reading and Comprehention" assuming it's worth reading this whole thing. But you yap all over your text. Makes reading unbearable and comprehention very unlikely among all the **** you randomly ditch out.

If you are so knowledgable about how people should read, you should also be knowledgeable about how to write things so people do read. They teach that in 6th grade. Maybe you skipped that lesson... Anyway, you write like a child and get off your own topic. Not to mention the distasteful the use of caps. That is only used by someone who can't maintain their point. These things leads people to not read your text, because, let's face it, who will read all this junk?

If you wanna say something, just say I straight to the point. Don't write as a little girl who remembers random stuff in the middle of the topic and strays. Stay focused and maybe, maybe, people will reply decently.

An exemple: you were talking about the quest exp and then, outta nowhere, you got off your own topic. That's when I stopped reading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • nanbo554
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You mention "Reading and Comprehention" assuming it's worth reading this whole thing. But you yap all over your text. Makes reading unbearable and comprehention very unlikely among all the **** you randomly ditch out.

If you are so knowledgable about how people should read, you should also be knowledgeable about how to write things so people do read. They teach that in 6th grade. Maybe you skipped that lesson... Anyway, you write like a child and get off your own topic. Not to mention the distasteful the use of caps. That is only used by someone who can't maintain their point. These things leads people to not read your text, because, let's face it, who will read all this junk?

If you wanna say something, just say I straight to the point. Don't write as a little girl who remembers random stuff in the middle of the topic and strays. Stay focused and maybe, maybe, people will reply decently.

An exemple: you were talking about the quest exp and then, outta nowhere, you got off your own topic. That's when I stopped reading.

Ahhhl the "general speaking" troll. Always trying to get the upper comment hand by not being able to pick out a single fault so generally applying random words to explain yourself. Lacking of any examples (please find the ********? These are actual factual points of the game. It is as if I were to say "PW2 will have two new classes" and you say "all that **** is not worthy"....well my sad troll, it is fact. And exists, so while you try todegrade a forum post, the sad reality still floats above your empty head.

Not only did I get right to the point (WITH CLICKABLE LINKS TO HARD NUMBERS). But I put it in capitals. The only time I got off "topic" was in relevent supportive examples. You might have a 3rd grade level of reading right now. But when you get older, college is going to ask you for papers with supportive examples and what not. Not saying this is essay writing, but instead of putting sub comments under sub comments of examples, I wrote this a "real life fire side chat" format.

The best part is my "btching" made it "unbearable". Considering there were no complaints but suggestions and fixes (in the TITLE it says FIX and in the forums it is under SUGGESTIONS LOL fail) clearly shows you read things a litle above your level (and I mention 6th grade level, mis spelled words and all) and you got mad awww. Go back in game poor troll, let the suggestion talk to the big boys. We will get you a product you will like one day.

All we continue to see here is more toxic community forum responses. LOL Imagine if this game made updates based on these forum trolls. You would have a game that goes NO WHERE. You think in the box. And so far, talking about "getting to the points", so far none of you brainless folk have ever posted so far a logical, creative response to this subject.
    YOu all cry and think in the box. And when some one gives you a mirror and shows you some ideas to enhance experience. Nothing but jealous responses: "Ohhh no its all garbage that you said, we are alll doing fine. Nothing is broke". Or the trolls that like to admit the old "broke points". "Oh sure, we can't get to point A to B. But that is ok, point A is doing great."
    And then the worse tag line your brainless keep tossing around: "Oh well at least it's free" XD. Eating poo is totaly free too! Inf act you seem to be the type that buys into what is presented without voicing opinions (and only bashing them), so I have something to sell you. I call it "Nanbo choclate" it's brown, smells like poo, taste like poo, looks like poo, but believe me, IT CAN ALL BE YOURS FOR FREE! Just give me your address and credit card number please. b:chuckle

Any how... I am done here. The rest of you can talk amungst yourselves. It ends up in the troll infinite loop of logic: "I know you are but what am I"
    I have some gaming and article writing to do (do writing on mmorpgs as a side project for a site, with over 7K views per article. Would post it here, but they consider it advertising and remove it) and have some more trollios to combat, and unlike these toxic forums, actually have people that post real and intelligent opposing ideas that lead to constructive criticisme and AMAZING results of articles and ideas that some of them were actually used to update some games in the past...enjoy your Turkey! b:bye
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can almost picture you facerolling the keyboard in exasperation as to why everyone doesn't automatically and unequivocally 100% agree with you.

The solution to this must of course be to ridicule and belittle them as much as textually possible until they submit to your essays of mostly blabber.

Please continue, 'tis much entertaining.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The funny thing is... some of the quests thatt seem to have poor xp outcome or no outcome at all are parent quests that will lead to better and more rewarding ones. Not always, but this can be the case - certain quests unlock others.

Just thought to point out.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The funny thing is... some of the quests thatt seem to have poor xp outcome or no outcome at all are parent quests that will lead to better and more rewarding ones. Not always, but this can be the case - certain quests unlock others.

Just thought to point out.

And on top of that, the coming expansion includes revamping quest EXP and such so... yeah... b:sweat
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Those are good ideas, but practically imposible to implement. That's because PW doesn't have a really good story to begin with.

As far as I understand the story of PW is about a hero/heroine who needs to improve his/her martial skills though cultivation to help fight the wraiths alongside other heroes. The idea isn't bad, but it needed more refinement so it developed into something interesting. But no, that's about it pretty much it.

Every time they add a race it feels like they patch up the game. Tideborns: they were sealed in a eternal storm while they were fighting some dark beings, something like that. Earthguards are like the Jesus of PW, I think. And the next race? Guess no one remembered they existed?

Primal's story I don't know much because honestly I skipped all the text. But it's about the cointaiment of some evil.

What I'm trying to point out is that even if the developers started to write good stories, it would be wasted effort since it has a poor connection to the beginning of the game, and probably most people don't read anymore out of dissapointment.

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

I thought it was a good read. I'm usually a skimmer but this person did it up all interesting. I agree with them. It's really hard to sit and listen to someone stomp their feet about "fc babies" just so people sit and do the same dang dailies day in and day out. PV is pretty boring too.

Personally I feel that they won't make any change for the better and they need to put hypers back in FC. Difference hypering fc and pv? Nothing.
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It doesnt matter if you know or not the game's plot (which is lame)
    It doesn't matter if you know your class.

You'll have to spend like 5k~10k USD if you ever want to have decent gears.

If you don't have decent gears, your game experience will just suck.

In short, this game is free to play, pay to have a chance, pay a lot to win.

Also, no matter how much you rant about PV, they're soon to implement a stone that puts any character from lv 1 to 95 in a matter of a click.

All your argument is invalid you should look for another game to play.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    ... how do you "win" in PWI anyway? The only true competition I see is the Territory Wars. Yea, the major factions that do those tend to have a lot of high refine, high power characters among them.

If your goal is to become a one on one PvP monster, then yea, get ready to draw a wallet or spend over a year with multiple toons. But if you're after an enjoyable PvE experience, you don't need to spend anything really.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.