Your favourite and least favourite bosses?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
Self-explanatory, also provide reason why those bosses are your fav/least fav.

They can be bosses from any map or instance, real or mini ones. Including removed instances.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My favorite boss is Holeen i think. I just love everything about him xD He looks great, isnt too small and the mini-holeen is just cute. Only downside is that hes pretty easy for the final boss of a dungeon. I also like Vipenalt, but it has a simple design unfortunely.

My least favorite is .... Primal Fear. By far. Same with Nightspike Bloodguard and Ancient Sea dragon. I have a strong phobia when it comes to big sea-monsters. I try to avoid them as good as i can but sometimes when im autopathing they just swim by .. and yeah, i cant move irl anymore and im all dizzy for minutes. I usually TP as soon as i can move again and log out xD
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hard to name one boss for each scenario. I like bosses that change attack patterns and make the fight interesting and chellengin instead of the boring one with basic mechanics. The Flowsilver ones are a fine exemple of that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a tough question because preference will likely depend on what class you're playing.

For instance, on my cleric I like any magic boss, most especially the ones with very high HP. Nightspike Bloodguard and Sea Patrol were fun. Contrariwise, ranged bosses, like Stygian Quartermaster (when my cleric was litttle) was no fun at all -- doable, but had to be very careful. One of my favorite bosses, when my cleric turned level-90 and above, was Jewelscalen -- just a fun fight for cleric in the 90s range.

For my veno, especially since I procured a Harpy and evolved my Herc, most every boss is my favorite. Still can't solo the mold-dropping bosses in WS, but I'm creating a super Herc with faction base skills and I might be able to pull it off. Love the Herc's new evolved aggro skill -- can easily tank and hold aggro in squad for bh Medal and bh TT when there's no barb. Kinda makes a veno of value in squad again. Last boss in SoT is my veno's least favorite, by far. Funnest (and most challenging) solo fight I ever did on the veno was again Jewelscalen when the veno was level-90 -- lured him to ground with a flying pet, summoned Herc and killed him on the ground -- was a complicated fight with a lot of moving parts.

Generally, when I was leveling any alt, Ethereal Abomination was my least favorite, not because he was especially difficult, but because he was a royal PITA to get to. Always preferred when Phlebo showed up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My current favorite is the Pupeeter (Aba) 'cause it's kinda easy to solo for a mystic with decent gears and it gives useful "potions".

Current less favorite would be Toad in FSP just 'cause I can't tank it (except while being in a squad able to kill it fast. Or Succubus in FSP 'cause even if I can tank, I can't solo it easily.
    Still they are fun and bring more challenges into PVE, which is a good thing..
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • slapyourgrandma
    slapyourgrandma Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My least favorite is my boss at work. I've tried numerous times to get a party going so we could kill him and to no avail. I'm not sure if they are afraid of his physical defense or the fact that my drunken roommate says he will heal us all afterwards and they don't believe him...
    He seems to reset every morning and appears in the same office. I find that I'm usually the one that attracts aggro on him when I submit my daily expense reports.
    Raging Tides:

Devestarious:Sage Barb 101/101/100
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My least favorite is my boss at work. I've tried numerous times to get a party going so we could kill him and to no avail. I'm not sure if they are afraid of his physical defense or the fact that my drunken roommate says he will heal us all afterwards and they don't believe him...
    He seems to reset every morning and appears in the same office. I find that I'm usually the one that attracts aggro on him when I submit my daily expense reports.

I enjoyed this more than I should have b:laugh

My favorite boss is peach blossom in abba because it dies faster than u can say its name b:laugh, my least favorite is probably hellfire in SOT, but that whole dungeon irritates me b:angry
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    b:chuckleb:chuckleb:
    giphy.gif

• Yajirushi - Raging Tide
    Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My current favorite is Holeen. I love when new players, or rather, players new to FC, see him for the first time. It's so great. I remember when I first saw him and I was so surprised. Plus, his little version is just adorable.

My least favorite is Wurlord. Like, really. That guy sucks. He's so annoying and so awful and I just... UGH.
  • pruttkudde
    pruttkudde Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    My current favorite is Holeen. I love when new players, or rather, players new to FC, see him for the first time. It's so great. I remember when I first saw him and I was so surprised. Plus, his little version is just adorable.

My least favorite is Wurlord. Like, really. That guy sucks. He's so annoying and so awful and I just... UGH.

Have to agree on Wurlord. Having been on the tanking end it's not funny when he hits for 7,5k with one spell. ******ned random damage superheroes.
  • Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear
    Poopinpanto - Heavens Tear Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ancient evil has been bad since day one.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014

+100 b:laugh

This...THIS SOOO BADLY!!!

Hmmm. But on a more serious note, I'd say Jewelscalem because he was long a hindrance and obstacle to overcome. Plus he's a flying dragon...so that's awesome by itself.

Least Favorite would be Emp in TT. I haven't faced him since I became G16 so long ago, but he's killed me over 20 times in one run in the past. (When I needed him for celestial sage culti.)

Honorable Mention of a Boss that I hated at lower levels. (Mid level): Cennques Polearm.

That dreaded boss wiped many a squad during his time.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmmm. But on a more serious note, I'd say Jewelscalem because he was long a hindrance and obstacle to overcome. Plus he's a flying dragon...so that's awesome by itself.
    Speaking as an old-timer, I agree with this. Jewelscalen was a big deal to get a squad for and kill back in the day.
    Jewelscalen and Mantavip both. It was pretty awesome if you could manage to get these guys done.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As for me it's hard to decide just 1 favourite and least favourite but..

Favourites:

- Aurogon, The Dragon Emperor. Why? He is damn awesome dragon! Not hard to defeat either.
    - Dark Colluseast. He provides a fair challenge and it's a great feeling when you manage to solo him.
    - Jewelscalen. For the nostalgia.

Least favourites:

- General Wurlord. He hits so damn hard considering the TT level. It's also annoying how he multiplies and u gotta kill it several times.
    - That boss witth really long silence in Lunar, I think in metal valley, he's just... b:angry

Above all...

TWILIGHT MINISTER.

b:angry b:angry b:angry

I don't think I have to explain why.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kitty had hard time thinking about favourite boss and ones she dislikes most.

Favourites:
    -Oceania Master: 'cause in cases some noob seeker exploded the lil guy and was lucky enough to survive when most of the squad wiped, Kitty sometimes exploded it again when the seeker had aggro of the boss to make sure he'd get a reward for his efforts.

-Dark Colluseast: Seriously challenging boss with some nasty combo always prepared. The only boss in TT3-1 Kitty's yet to successfully solo(got him to 400k couple times just to get killed by Stun+purge+EP+magic attack combo). But Kitty likes challenges.

-MushiMushi: 'cause he makes some combos otherwise impossible possible with all that chi streaming ^^

-Pole: His debuff made him a real challenge for pre-NH BH69 squads and even now he can be dangerous for badly-geared RBs.

Dislikes:

-Primal Fear: Kitty dislikes getting wet, and Kitty doesn't like how that boss looks like.

-HellFire Abomination a.k.a. "T3s are 1-shot": Kitty's yet to see him solo'd by anyone except that one OP psy on our server. And Kitty's yet not to get 1-shot by it.

-FC-dino: Those circles+loads of rubberband...you might understand why this boss has killed Kitty moar than any other. One of the most challenging bosses not because it's strong but 'cause it's so effin buggy.

-Mindless Bandit: Hits as hard as HellFire. If joo don't believe you just aren't strong enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    -Pole: His debuff made him a real challenge for pre-NH BH69 squads and even now he can be dangerous for badly-geared RBs.

My favorite are all bosses, dealing physical damage to tank.

They can show, what Wizard really worth in pve.

Also they can show, how classes are balanced in this game:
    all or almost all bosses can be tanked in melee range, where bosses do physical damage to tank.