DQ System Update?

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Even though you are partially right the majority of coins in the game come from cash shoppers and people grinding through the years, not massive botting. There has never been a significant amount of bots to make any type of impact on the game economy. Loosing a handful of regular cash shoppers on a regular downward pattern (weekly or bi-weekly basis) has a larger impact. If there was 100's or even a thousand bots on level 70+ mobs you may have a point. The most I ever saw (at least on RT) was around 70 dedicated botters some time after the botting system came out. Even then that is not enough to effect years of grinding. You are only talking a max of close to 700m a day not counting 2x. DQ comes from a variety of places just not the open map. I can guarantee I have made more coins from dq and random drops I npc'd farming tt than over the years than i ever could with botting.

In what world 3,5b coins per week into economy isnt significant?
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can someone tell me where all the coin goes?

Obviously, people want coin to buy things. They buy things from players who charge exhorbitent prices because other players are willing to pay that much.

I realize some people want lots of coin to buy gold, but the people who sell gold get that large amount of coin too.

I have no way to know for sure, but I'm curious if for some of those bots' owners that it wouldn't be faster to actually earn whatever/make whatever item they need/want by working for it rather than grinding coin to buy it. (obviously that would not be the case if they want Boutique Gold).

And I've a horribly awful idea I suddenly like to see for the anarchy it would cause!

Just what would happen if there was an inflation cap on all Catshop and Auction - Buy transactions. By that I mean pretend the most you could charge for an item may be like x1000 time the NPC sell price. Take one of those Pack Flyers whose NPC price is 10000 coin. Max Catshop or Buy Now price then is 1,000,000.

I wouldn't limit the price for direct player to player trades, nor a limit if an item is actually bid on in the Auction House rather than straight bought, so there are options - ones that would require direct player interaction.

Don't think it would ever happen, even at a 10k inflation cap, but Part of me would like to watch what sort of chaos such a change would bring ::cackles evilly::

Disreguarding the momentary anachic thoughts - please tell me aside from player trading (inc. Gold) where do the Coins go?
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Some of you are reading in to much on my comments and will not reply much to it as you will never get it. But basically in a nutshell the amount of coins all these extra bots have generated is insignificant compared to what has already been generated the last 6 years.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Can someone tell me where all the coin goes?

Obviously, people want coin to buy things. They buy things from players who charge exhorbitent prices because other players are willing to pay that much.

I realize some people want lots of coin to buy gold, but the people who sell gold get that large amount of coin too.

I have no way to know for sure, but I'm curious if for some of those bots' owners that it wouldn't be faster to actually earn whatever/make whatever item they need/want by working for it rather than grinding coin to buy it. (obviously that would not be the case if they want Boutique Gold).

And I've a horribly awful idea I suddenly like to see for the anarchy it would cause!

Just what would happen if there was an inflation cap on all Catshop and Auction - Buy transactions. By that I mean pretend the most you could charge for an item may be like x1000 time the NPC sell price. Take one of those Pack Flyers whose NPC price is 10000 coin. Max Catshop or Buy Now price then is 1,000,000.

I wouldn't limit the price for direct player to player trades, nor a limit if an item is actually bid on in the Auction House rather than straight bought, so there are options - ones that would require direct player interaction.

Don't think it would ever happen, even at a 10k inflation cap, but Part of me would like to watch what sort of chaos such a change would bring ::cackles evilly::

Disreguarding the momentary anachic thoughts - please tell me aside from player trading (inc. Gold) where do the Coins go?

The coins are/were probably used for nw gear upgrades which with sog coin fees can be upwards of 200m coins per piece. Other than that people are buying gold/dod/dot/matchless wings/c packs, pretty much anything endgame.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you are asking where does the coin go as in get taken out of the game then repairs, teleing, various forms of end game upgrading and High end base gear. the packs , buying gold, buying stuff from peoples catshops do nothing to take coin out of the economy, it merely recycles around.

out of it all i think the base helm is several billion coins. that would be the largest coin sink to take coin out at the moment. but the amount of base points you need takes awhile plus people tend to horde a sht ton of coin in the form of big notes. just in case.
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you are asking where does the coin go as in get taken out of the game then repairs, teleing, various forms of end game upgrading and High end base gear. the packs , buying gold, buying stuff from peoples catshops do nothing to take coin out of the economy, it merely recycles around.

out of it all i think the base helm is several billion coins. that would be the largest coin sink to take coin out at the moment. but the amount of base points you need takes awhile plus people tend to horde a sht ton of coin in the form of big notes. just in case.
    The coins are/were probably used for nw gear upgrades which with sog coin fees can be upwards of 200m coins per piece. Other than that people are buying gold/dod/dot/matchless wings/c packs, pretty much anything endgame.

Thanks for explaining guys, I had no idea that the manufacturing fees and such were so high for the newer stuff. A pity that from what everyones ranting about that the prices seem set to meet the supply of coin rather than the supply of goods.

And it always seems sad to me that end-game seems to be what everyone rushes towards. But when bosses are impossible and not just a hard fight for your level, I do understand the desire to be stronger. I;ve only played intermitently, and also dragged my level progression out trying to accomplish some tasks when they are more challenging so the whole idea of an end-game thing is something I kind of dread, even if I do understand.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bump.

Sparkie hasn't gotten back to my PM from last week. Another frankie-type of CM, unfortunately. Will send a ticket in tomorrow when I get a chance.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    Bump.

Sparkie hasn't gotten back to my PM from last week. Another frankie-type of CM, unfortunately. Will send a ticket in tomorrow when I get a chance.

See frankie always responded to my PM's but I can't get anything from Sparkie. frankie was also more vocal and kept us better updated. Not sure what Sparkie is doing, but it's obvious he's not really here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    See frankie always responded to my PM's but I can't get anything from Sparkie. frankie was also more vocal and kept us better updated. Not sure what Sparkie is doing, but it's obvious he's not really here.

He over Sees Arc as well. Im sure thats a lot to handle on its own with all the games im sure he has a lot of meetings and do a few posts for other games as well. I dont think we will ever see a GM / CM thats set to watch this only. Not much i can suggest at this point with this as we really dont know and i dont think we ever will.

I know its a long shot but im working on a new Update for the GA program. Kinda main update incluses events that where promised but i really dont feel the GMs have the time to deliver. Some of the idea is based on Tournements and other events. I was hoping to suggest that they try this idea out on a server of a few weeks. Find out if it will work and then get it sorted.

Time will tell, Dono if your a fan Sylen but u cant deny it COULD help...

As for the DQ would just be nice to know whats going on. I sent in my notes a few days ago should have added it in to that. I will do next time if we still dont know any more.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The DQ system we had was fine and i didn't seen any problem with it, if there would be no bot, then i believe it would work perfectly now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2014
    I've sent a ticket, so now we will wait...
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2014
    For people interested...

PWE contacted me this morning, and since we aren't able to copy-paste these jokes of "support", I'll paraphrase what the support staff stated.

Intern support staff that doesn't read tickets at all:
    "Hi! I see that you are upset with some DQ issue. We will contact you at some point in the future to let you know it has been resolved, and will forward this issue to the developers when we get a chance. Thanks!"

WTF!?!?!

I replied and stated that they should actually read my lengthy ticket and it's not in regards to a DQ issue I'm having, but instead in regards to the open-forum issue dating back to 2013 on the DQ promise.

Anyways, I'll continue sending tickets and responses for as long as it takes.

PWE needs to get their act together. Seriously. You are a company that is supported by micro transactions from players, but the players are unable to contact anyone from the company. How is that logical?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    For people interested...

PWE contacted me this morning, and since we aren't able to copy-paste these jokes of "support", I'll paraphrase what the support staff stated.

"Hi! I see that you are upset with some DQ issue. We will contact you at some point in the future to let you know it has been resolved, and will forward this issue to the developers when we get a chance. Thanks!"

WTF!?!?!

I replied and stated that they should actually read my lengthy ticket and it's not in regards to a DQ issue I'm having, but instead in regards to the open-forum issue dating back to 2013 on the DQ promise.

PWE needs to get their act together. Seriously. You are a company that is supported by micro transactions from players, but the players are unable to contact anyone from the company. How is that logical?

yeah sounds like their standard mode of operation. Next they'll tell you that they don't have the items available. (Not kidding, I started a thread on that recently.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    For people interested...

WTF!?!?!

Oh DON'T just DON'T bother with pwi support, they literally don't give a damn about anything, they will copy paste same answer, and then will just put ''support replied'' if you keep sending tickets no matter if you change something. And if you keep sending tickets even after that they will just ban you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,806 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    I said i would add this to my notes in my next update, but i feel it should also enter the logs now. Im not going to promise anything in regards to this but the whole point is for the GMs to be able to see an overview of what people want. So this fits the bill.

Ill make a note about info. and yes would be nice to know something even if its a sorry for the delay but we are unsure or is still under development ETC.

Thanks,
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2014
    They already responded to my response, and again, looks as if they didn't read a single word. They gave a link to the post of Synchronize stating that the DQ-point system wasn't coming back, and that is what they stated in the ticket.

They are so prone to not read anything, that in the thread where synchronize states this, he also states that there will be an upcoming DQ system coming to ARC (in 2013...).

So, I again, sent a lengthy ticket response reiterating my point (3rd time).

They linked this thread:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1642411

Edit: Alright, looks like they don't have a clue. Apparently some other department is in control of the issue, and PWE can't get into contact with this "other" department. He stated that there is no ETA on a new system, but admitted that one is being worked on (lol).

Wowzers, PWE, wowzers. You don't have access to communicate with a department of your own company? Nice. That must really suck when trying to publish video games.
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm impressed you received a response in the first place.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2014
    iconique wrote: »
    I'm impressed you received a response in the first place.

Yeah me too. Though, the quality of support was pretty poor. The first 3 responses (a total of 2 support staff) were avoiding my ticket's content all-together and not reading my actual ticket. At the end of the day, it looks like PWE has very little control of their own departments, and will generally not read the ticket or look for a proper response.

This issue is still ongoing. I've closed the ticket, but we are still being promised some form of a new DQ system... Even after a year of waiting. We will probably never get this new system, but I will continue to keep this thread alive w/ bumps, etc until sparkie or another staff actually delves into this topic. Sparkie hasn't got back to me and it's been almost two weeks of waiting.
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited November 2014
    Bump for moral views...
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bump for all reasons logical i do not need to state. Would be nice as usually to get a legit GM response in regards to this issue. I mean seriously it seems like this thread is getting totally ignored like the plague by them.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • zoner112012
    edited November 2014
    Bumping yet again so this doesnt get forgotten. Come on how hard is it for a GM to say SOMETHING about this?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bumping yet again so this doesnt get forgotten. Come on how hard is it for a GM to say SOMETHING about this?

I don't mean this in a rude way at all, but wouldn't it save a lot of heartburn to simply let the issue die an inglorious death?

I'm quite certain after the next expansion, when NO DQ items have value, there will be such an outcry and possible large-scale defection from the game that some prompt action will be taken. I spend some rl cash on the game, but I also enjoy grinding -- auto and not -- and when I no longer have incentive to do it, a huge component of what I enjoy about the game will have been lost. I'll probably return to one of PW's older and much more successful, less P2W competitors, where a vibrant commodities trade system still exists.

Just saying, PWE, don't care if you comment now or not, but I hope you're not sitting on your collective thumbs concerning this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoner112012
    edited November 2014
    Nah tbh i hardly ever used the old DQ system. My real concern is how PWE would make promises and statements to loyal customers and not meet those promises or statements. I just want to get some kind of response and tbh that is not much to ask. Many others feel the same way i do. We just want to hear SOMETHING about it.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just love how Sparkie and co. repeatedly avoid this thread and the stickied one like if they were detected land mines that could never be disarmed.

Good company representants don't hide skeletons in their closets~. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • zoner112012
    edited November 2014
    That moment when an android RPG game has better support/reliability then PWI b:laugh
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2014
    b:victory
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited December 2014
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited January 2015
    Bump!
  • Nixieamora - Dreamweaver
    Nixieamora - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm going to quote myself here: I don't expect to see a new DQ system at all in the future. Its just a bunch of false propaganda so they could do away with the DQ system and not get backlash from their gaming community.