Concers over BH 100 instances.

Options
w1ndwhisper
w1ndwhisper Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Cleric
I am a rb1 100 sage cleric and would like advice / opinions on doing certain BHs for the first time as a cleric.

I have full g16+3 ( want to re-roll most items before refining higher) g16 glaive, about 5200hp.

I do Warsong BH metal and delta w2. I've done 1 full warsong so far. I do TT3.1 too, though the first boss is hard for me with his physical AoE - I usually spend most time keeping myself alive.

My problem is so far I've been afraid to try AEU or EU or even FSP because I don't know how hard it will be with my gear / skills (e.g my CHB isn't great because I only have 24-30% channeling and don't have lvl 11 IH yet).
Nuemas / meridians not yet finished and I'm only Arcane Sky X.

If I were a DD I'd just go join a party and do my best, knowing that I would be doing less damage than most.
But as a cleric there's a huge responsibility.
Do I use BB or not at this boss ?
AoE or single heals ?
Do I need to watch for purify ? etc
Worst of all - are we just going to fail entirely because the beep beep cleric isn't up to it ?

I've considered telling the leader than I've never healed this instance before, but that doesn't always help much. In Warsong for example I asked people to advise when I needed to use BB but they forget after a few minutes xD.

I have done the instances a few time on my BM which I stopped playing (because I enjoy healing and helping more), so I do have an idea what the instances are like. For example in EU it always seems to be the cleric's responsibility to assist with the lanes. I'm not sure how effective I would be particularly without Guardian Light yet.

I'd be very interested in hearing advice / tips as only doing 2 BH1s per week means I'm levelling very slow too. Or should I just go reborn 2 and get my refines / shards / avatars / primal passives first ?

There is a lot of demand for clerics on my server for the BHs particularly as I play late in the day ( around reset time), so I could be a great asset once I get the confidence. But I'm also aware I could have my confidence shattered before then if I get too ambitious.
Post edited by w1ndwhisper on

Comments

• Chrisbank - Raging Tide
    Chrisbank - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Your Hp is a bit low but i think you will be okay atleast in fs
    I would make sure to say you are newly 100 and dont have much exp in the instance. Most squads will help you out a bit. If Im not sure i ask what i need to do on bosses. Squads would rather tell you a few tips on each boss than wipe. Just be careful not to aggro mobs they do hit pretty hard.
    The first boss is easy.
    The second is tricky. You need to bb ontop of a plant thing. Ask the squad to point it out to you.
    The main thing is Purify on toad. He casts a debuff on a single target. Normally a stun comes first, the axe drops on them. They get a debuff where it will kill them in x seconds if not purified. Watch for the axe drop and purify..it.comes up on the squad list. Listen to succabus. Do what she says. Aka gather together or spread out.
    The last part is Bb for the group of mini bosses. Til the last one spawns. He gives chi to everyone. You must spark or you die. So keep your chi down and spark everytime its full.
    Just ask for help in the squad. Im sure the tank will tell you tips.
    I personally would get your gear set and start working on passives b4 rebirthing again. Get a few good cards and get some refines.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    EU might not be a problem for you, it was designed for 95+ players, my cleric did it at ~97 with less than 3k HP unbuffed.

>At start, assist the lanes healing and purifing.
    >At first boss BB is not effective, he is going to push back/interrupt everyone. Stand against one of the rocks and cast CHB when necessary.
    >At second boss you have to BB, unless the squad wants you to spark to kill it very fast.
    >At last boss you BB, he is easy.

AEU is a bit harder, I have only been in there twice, both were the light and dark path.You better check a guide for this, it is an instance full of details.

In you would reborn now, because you are Arcane Sky X already. To get your passive is always good, but you will be missing 3 months of vitae repeating dailies, that is enough to get you up to astral sky.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I do TT3.1 too, though the first boss is hard for me with his physical AoE - I usually spend most time keeping myself alive.

Try to go behind the boss for this one (frontal aoe)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am a rb1 100 sage cleric and would like advice / opinions on doing certain BHs for the first time as a cleric.

Let's go by all the BHs:
    BH Warsong - Snakefist:
    Main job for the cleric will be to keep everyone alive. Since most of the times pavs will not be defended, the mobs will be powerful and do massive AOE damage. If you have a good tank that pulls the lot of them, apply a LOT of IH. Do not BB, since the mobs in the metal pav have multiple interrupts.
    The boss itself is easy enough. Set BB on the stairs leading up to the boss's platform. Ask whoever has aggro to keep some distance from you so that Snake's AOE stun won't hit the cleric. With BB up, the boss should be easy enough for your DDs to take out. Hold BB on the stairs for the badge boss as well, should work like a charm

Delta W2 - Skeleton Legion Marshal:
    Heal whoever is tanking (usually someone who has a continuous AOE going). Set BB if you feel lazy. Purify the debuffs the W2 boss and preboss give. The mobs shouldn't give you any problems really, the tougher ones start to come around W3.

BH EU - Ghostwing:
    There's a good EU guide on the wiki, read up on that. Generally, a cleric will be put on support (one of the center gems) to assist the runners. This generally means a little healing, rebuffing after one of the red orbs purges someone, and purifying the one-shot Epsilon mob debuffs. If you have multiple clerics, it's smart to put one cleric in the center and one on the Epsilon mobs, since the ability to self-purify is important there.
    EU will require you to beat 3 bosses after the steeple chase: Gorath, who does a lot of physical damage in AOE form, and has a nasty knockback that tends to send people flying off the island. Get between the boss and a rock to prevent being thrown off, you'll likely want to spam Chromatic Heal. Don't bother to BB at Gorath, every AOE he does interrupts it.
    Weak sins and arcanes tend to die often at Gorath - res them after the boss is down.
    The second boss, Mistress of the Night, will split in 3. Some overpowered parties will try to kill her before the split with mass-sparks, if that happens use your debuffs after the spark animations. If the boss splits, get onto the center of the little circle she was in, and set BB there. Then hold it until the party kills all the clones (the boss will split 3 times).
    The final and BH boss is Ghost Wing: It starts out flying. Initially, it'll make a little "8" flight between the two pillars where it spawns. Do as much damage as you can until it flies off past the "lake". When he does, set BB between the pillars and hold it. The boss needs to be brought down to 3.2M HP (starts at 4.5 I believe) before he will land. Hold the BB until he is dead. Very simple. After he's dead jump down in the pit again to appear at the start, then wait until the leader activates the reward quest at Zirik Slahn - then get an XP pill or a chest reward (Mirages or Endless Armor/Endless Weapon card).

BH2 - Abadon - Leaf Rain Dryad:
    Abadon can be a little rough for a cleric. The issue isn't the BH boss, but the one before it - Puppeteer. And getting there. If you have weaker squad members, stay at the entrance and give them some IH stacks so that they can cross the falling rocks while under the healing effect. When you are going to cross them yourself, cast IH a few times, then plumeshell, then use holy path to get to the middle. Wait for genie energy to be replenished and do it again. Reviving people who are dead deep inside the falling rocks is pointless unless you can take a few hits, and the person being revived has a hp charm.
    Puppeteer itself has a lot of hitpoints, but the real problem is the clones he spawns. If your party members don't lock aggro on them, you'll draw heal aggro. Most of the clones have one or more interrupts (the BM one is especially nasty with Roar of the Pride on a haxed nonexistant cooldown). Still, setting BB and hoping for the best is your best option there. It's up to the party to kill puppeteer before it kills you. If you have a mystic in party, be sure to get the resbuff.
    Leaf Rain Dryad, the BH boss, isn't as big a problem. It doesn't AOE much, and is a lot weaker then puppeteer. If the party gets past puppet, you're usually golden. Set BB and let the DDs do what they do best.

BH TT 3.1 - Illiusion Nemen:
    Fairly straightforward boss this. You have to beat Coredash to get the door open. Most parties have something tanky pull Coredash into the main hall so the door won't slam shut on the party after he dies. Coredash interrupts, so don't bother with BB. IH whoever is tanking and use Chromatic Heal on occasion to counter his AOE.
    After Coredash is down go to Nemen. Same story really, IH the tank, Chromatic if the boss AOEs (Nemen doesn't do that as often). Don't BB, it'll be interrupted. You should have time to debuff the boss as well, perhaps even get some potshots at her to speed things up.

BH TT 2.3 - Wulord Null:
    There's only one boss before the BH one, a melee boss, Fataliqua. Usually something melee tanks it - it doesn't aoe and does moderate damage. IH or BB can be used - BB is probably overkill here. Watch out for the exploding hands on the way to Fataliqua, they tend to kill more people then the bosses...
    Wulord Null is a splitter boss. He makes several clones with less health of himself, that still hit hard. Wulord deals mostly ranged fire, and can be a problem for melee classes. There's 2 ways to handle him easily:
    - A seeker with BP can simply set vortex right where he spawns (wiz/psy can also set their AOEs, same deal). If your party will do this, set BB on top of the seeker to mitigate damage dealt to him - getting hit with 7 fire bolts can oneshot even stronger HA characters.
    - Or, people can tab through and lure the right boss (the one with more then 100k hp) using a Zeal genie, or a summon. If this happens, set BB a bit further back so your party has a safe place to run to.

- BH AEU - Aurugon:
    AEU, like EU, has 2 parts. First, you have to face one of three dungeon configurations, chosen randomly when the quest starts.
    1: Shakti/Locen
    This is a longer version. You start by having to have 8 players dig a bunch of crystals around the ally NPC, Steel Eyed Shakti. If done simultaneously, the NPC is freed. Immediately go to the bushes. This configuration is handy for a cleric since the bushes cause you to stealth, which makes the enemies in the dungeon not notice you. If you draw aggro, simply run to the nearest bush and the mobs will give up on trying to kill you.
    - The party will need to gather a bunch of seeds which drop from mobs a bit further in. Heal your damagedealers with IH and Wellspring during this phase, and pick up the drops if no heals are needed. If the party is low on elemental damage, kill a few of the physical damage immunes with your metal skills.
    - Next phase will start after the party has submitted 50 seeds to the furnace. The party has to keep 3 "flames" in check and run the furnace. This means 4 players will be focused on those tasks usually. The remainder will have to kill the NPCs that occasionally spawn (do not use AOEs during the flames phase), and keep an eye for the boss - he does move around a bit and will oneshot most people with physical damage. Very strong barbs or HA characters can choose to "play" with the boss a bit to keep it off of the party's back - if this is done, ignore the player who is holding the boss, generally they don't need help (and there's no mental curatives in the cleric spell list).
    - Once the furnace succeeds you get endless pills. Take some from the furnace and periodically use them by rightclicking them in your inventory. They will briefly cause you to see stealthed NPCs on horses - those you need to kill 4 of. Attacking one destealths them and will allow your party to kill them.
    - Once 4 are killed, you can take a scouting mask from the furnace a little further in. The cleric should not take this, but another party member. The effect of the mask transforms you into a rat (kinda like a veno's bewitch). After the party member has spoken with the 2 big npcs, purify him/her to end the transform and allow skill use again.
    - Next, return to the start, where the trap is ready. Whoever used the polymorph should have taken the brilliant inscription, which can be used to open the trap. You then kill a bunch more NPCs for snake bones (...waitwhat? Who thinks of these thing?) which can be used to repair the trap. Open only the spots as depicted in the glowy symbol. As a cleric you'll want to heal with IH and chromatic here to keep people alive. Watch out for the boss.
    - Once the trap is done, head to the large island. Locen will spawn there and can be killed. As a cleric, you'll want to set BB close to one of the ice shards that spawn. These ice shards make you and nearby party members immune to fire, which is handy since Locen's fire attacks are very powerful. A tank will have to pull Locen into the BB, since he goes melee, that's not a big problem. Once Locen is killed, Aurugon will spawn in the pit below.

2: Luminous Jade / Chigo:
    Luminous Jade will split into light and dark at the start. Your party must split into 2 groups, one staying near the entrance and one heading over to the far side. 2 gates will appear where monsters will come from.
    As a cleric, you've got several options. If your side has another healer (mystic/psychic/cleric) you can either do red bubble to speed up the damage if your side is a little low on the DPS end, or you can go Violet Dance and do more damage yourself if you've got some APS stabfishes with you. If your side needs healing you can BB, but some mobs will interrupt it. If you're not sure what your side needs, just stay in normal mode and IH/DD as needed until you've got a feel for it. Both sides must kill at roughly the same pace. Once 200 "destructive force" is gathered, the NPCs will chase Indigo. Follow them.
    Dark Jade will be trapped, and several portals will appear. These portals spawn NPCs, but the portals themselves are the ones that need to be killed. Set your BB in the middle of the platform and keep it up while your party handles the bad guys.
    Once the right portal is killed, the boss Chigo will appear. He will periodically cast a DOT and purify it shortly afterward. He will also mass purge/interrupt, so be ready to mass buff and re-bubble (white tea or cloud eruption can be important here). Keep everyone healed as best as you can until the boss dies. Aurugon will spawn in the pit once he's dead.
    IMPORTANT: If the boss dies while the "sand" DOT is there, cancel BB, purify yourself and as many people as you can. Whoever isn't purified will likely die - so be ready to revive folks too.

3: Helios / Aohe
    This version is usually the preferred one. As a cleric, you'll likely be asked if you have Magical Shackle before you join an AEU squad, because having that skill significantly reduces the time to do this configuration.
    The glitch method:
    Go into Violet Dance. Head over to the third island to find the "Spirit of Aohe. Cast Magical Shackle on him, then attack him once. Magical Shackle will soon cause the spirit of Aohe to die, skipping the entire "free the apprentices" phase. Apart from the cleric, Seekers can also kill it (duel with a party member, have the party member put a damage-over-time skill on the seeker, the seeker then QPQ's it onto the spirit), as well as Psychics (with soul of retaliation I believe).
    The normal method:
    Aohe will capture the apprentices. The party will have to blow up the binding pillars using the fireworks that the NPCs near them conveniently drop. Knockback skills can be used to relocate those. Once a pillar is blown up it opens up a teleporter to one of the islands. Kill all NPCs there to free the apprentices.
    Once all apprentices are freed, protect them from the minions that spawn on the third island until the spirit of Aohe is dead. On my server (morai) it's surprising how few people actually know how to do this - glitching it seems the standard way.

Once the spirit is dead, the boss will split into 2: An elemental immune and a physical immune. These 2 amplify eachother's attacks, so it is important to pull them apart. Usually a magical DD will attack the physical immune and pull it to the left, while the elemental immune is snagged and pulled to the right by a strong phys DD character (preferably a tank).
    The phys immune will periodically paralyze you and will cast an Aurora Blast effect (prevents healing). Repeated Chromatic Healing Beam spam is recommended here.
    Both bosses must die within seconds of eachother, or the dead one will respawn at the still alive one, and that generally results in a squadwipe. It's common to stop attacking at 200k hp until the other side is ready, then have -everyone- use their most powerful attacks to quickly kill both. Once both are dead, Aurugon will spawn in the pit.

Aurugon:
    Aurugon appears in the pit below, so drop down there after a few of your squad go first (you don't want to be the first one to draw aggro as a weaker cleric). Aurugon will teleport a few times, and each time he has some tricks. The first time he's a pretty standard boss... he does ranged fire and has some painful melee attacks. IH whoever is attacking them. Save your sparks.
    Once he teleports, you'll be told to kill the spirits that spawn near him (little baby Ghostwings, how cute). You have 2 options: If you have Seal of the Gods, you can cast that on Aurugon. This may sound odd, but it will overwrite his own immunity, and after 15 seconds he will be vulnerable, regardless of the little spawns. Or you can set your BB near the boss. Generally, players will use AOEs and huddle up to get those smaller adds dead fast.
    Once he's hurt, he'll teleport again, this time without a shield, but he'll summon some backup. In succession:
    - Gorath, will do one large knockback slam with heavy physical damage, then die. You might want to have plumeshell or wings of protection on yourself if you're a bit squishy. It can glitch and hit players twice.
    - Mistress of the Night. Basically 3 clones of her spawn near random players and cause some ranged physical. Unlike Gorath, these adds will not die unless attacked. Be careful about drawing heal aggro from these.
    - Ghostwing. Appears above the boss and does the fire AOE (eats 500 HP per tick, regardless of your defenses). Since you can't BB in this phase, run away from the boss once the "watch out for the flame" message appears, then chromatic healbeam your party.
    (not sure if more spawn, the boss doesn't usually even reach mistress on Morai anymore).
    Once hurt enough, Aurugon will teleport once more and become invulnerable and summon more baby Ghostwings. As before, Seal of the Gods the boss, then set BB in front of him. He'll have less HP during this phase, so your party should have him down fast. Once he is dead, get an endless chest from the NPC that spawns there, and you're done.

BH2: Seat of Torment / Lord of Captivation
    Probably the easiest of the BHs. Head into the Seat of Torment, use the first teleport option (Nightmare Gate). Head to the right, all the way past 2 towers to face the boss. You'll encounter some physical immune enemies - if your party has problems with them use your metal skills and elemental seal to help with those. Apart from that, just use IH and chromatic heal to keep your party healthy.
    At the boss, set BB outside of his aggro range, then have a tank pull the boss. Lord of Captivation doesn't have many ranged skills so he can be pulled with ease. His first hit is hard though, so having BB already up is recommended. Wait for your DDs to take him down.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • w1ndwhisper
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thank you for all your helpful answers so far.

Here's what I think so others don't need cover same ground.

@Chrisbank - FSP
    I need this instance for a quest to kill last boss and for the coins to try to get better Avatars.

1. The main thing is Purify on toad. He casts a debuff on a single target.
    Is the icon the same as the veno phys def reduction ? If so I have seen it, but didn't realize it would be quite so bad. So yes I will purify before healing someone with less HP.

2. When Succubus says spread out, do I move too or will I be out of range for healing squad ?

@Fail_BM EU
    Your comments are most encouraging.
    For now my main worry with the lanes assist is my movement speed. I have Holy Path on my genie but after 2 uses it takes a while to be available again.
    I'm about a week away from getting Guardian Light from Morai order so looking forward to how much that will help.

Bosses I'm more confident now - just CHB I hate cos its so slow but if I know that's the only option available at least I'm prepared. Maybe I need Sage Magic Shell more than I thought for the -chan.

@Evryn
    SOT and Aba I haven't tried yet as they seem to be the BH2 on the days when EU and AEU are the BH1. I daren't try the weekly versions just yet but I look forward to getting chance to do the BH.

TT3.1 - slow channel on CHB is the problem here. It usually gets interrupted regularly, so usually resort to multiple Wellsprings. The main variable is squad make-up TBH.

AEU - seems the most scary, and I will probably leave until I am really confident about the others. The level of detail will be really useful once it is the only thing I need to brush-up on before trying the instance.

Rebirth 2.
    My initial plan was to delay this and work on my Nuemas and meridians, though this is a slow and unpredictable process. I also didn't want to be a RB2 who had never done FSP / EU / AEU even once since it would be even harder to convince others that I was new to those instances. I also wanted to see whether I need to invest more points in VIT on 'final' rebirth.
    Now however I think once I get my Corona skills I will go RB2 because I'm told getting to Astral Sky X takes ages and I'm wasting vitae each day until then. Also I currently can only do 4 Primal dailies so levelling is slow, and only get 2 Primordial Bloods per day so the new skills are a long way off.
  • twistedthings
    twistedthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well first off gear don't mean jack in this game, on the DreamWeaver server i know a r9 cleric Blue who can't solo fire, she failed, how does a 102/10x/10x r9 cleric fail fire, lack of skill, and im not talking about skills as is what skills you use to kill mobs/heal with, i mean common sense such as, when the green swirling thing is under, use your brain and move.
  • Chrisbank - Raging Tide
    Chrisbank - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Gear does play a role in this game. If you do not the basic concepts down, no gear will save you. As for the r9 cleric that failed fire that is beyond comprehension. I was doing fire as r8 way back it first came out perfectly fine. Although the green circles have been added, they shouldn't kill most aa classes since they do about 2k and anyone can walk out of them easily without taking more than one tick of damage. The cleric clearly didnt know how to play a cleric. PvE wise gear isnt as important. Honestly t3 has made pve pretty easy.

Replying to OP questions. Succubus says to spread out meaning do not be near anyone else or you will die. Normally most people will run away from you but just watch and try to keep a good distance from anyone. There is always one who will run right next to you the first time you dont double check. Happens to me everytime i dont.lont look. XD But the opposite goes for when she says to gather.

As to toad, i do not think its that icon, its the earth dot icon i believe. I know they have the dirt swirling about their feet. You should notice their buffs icon change which i how i always tell. I just keep a watch on.the squad list and watch for a buff change. I recently rb2'd so i havent done fs in two weeks so my .memory is a bit stretched.
    Side note as to squads forgetting to tell you what to do, ask before every boss if your not sure. Or you can even ask.if you get in squad early enough for them to a mystic or another cleric to help you since still new. Just communicate with your squad. My first fs i asked constant questions to my squad. They didnt mind taking a minute to tell me what to do and giving me pointers on bosses. Better to wait 1 minute than 5mins to regroup after a wipe
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Let's go by all the BHs:
    BH Warsong - Snakefist:
    Main job for the cleric will be to keep everyone alive. Since most of the times pavs will not be defended, the mobs will be powerful and do massive AOE damage. If you have a good tank that pulls the lot of them, apply a LOT of IH. Do not BB, since the mobs in the metal pav have multiple interrupts.
    The boss itself is easy enough. Set BB on the stairs leading up to the boss's platform. Ask whoever has aggro to keep some distance from you so that Snake's AOE stun won't hit the cleric. With BB up, the boss should be easy enough for your DDs to take out. Hold BB on the stairs for the badge boss as well, should work like a charm

Delta W2 - Skeleton Legion Marshal:
    Heal whoever is tanking (usually someone who has a continuous AOE going). Set BB if you feel lazy. Purify the debuffs the W2 boss and preboss give. The mobs shouldn't give you any problems really, the tougher ones start to come around W3.

BH EU - Ghostwing:
    There's a good EU guide on the wiki, read up on that. Generally, a cleric will be put on support (one of the center gems) to assist the runners. This generally means a little healing, rebuffing after one of the red orbs purges someone, and purifying the one-shot Epsilon mob debuffs. If you have multiple clerics, it's smart to put one cleric in the center and one on the Epsilon mobs, since the ability to self-purify is important there.
    EU will require you to beat 3 bosses after the steeple chase: Gorath, who does a lot of physical damage in AOE form, and has a nasty knockback that tends to send people flying off the island. Get between the boss and a rock to prevent being thrown off, you'll likely want to spam Chromatic Heal. Don't bother to BB at Gorath, every AOE he does interrupts it.
    Weak sins and arcanes tend to die often at Gorath - res them after the boss is down.
    The second boss, Mistress of the Night, will split in 3. Some overpowered parties will try to kill her before the split with mass-sparks, if that happens use your debuffs after the spark animations. If the boss splits, get onto the center of the little circle she was in, and set BB there. Then hold it until the party kills all the clones (the boss will split 3 times).
    The final and BH boss is Ghost Wing: It starts out flying. Initially, it'll make a little "8" flight between the two pillars where it spawns. Do as much damage as you can until it flies off past the "lake". When he does, set BB between the pillars and hold it. The boss needs to be brought down to 3.2M HP (starts at 4.5 I believe) before he will land. Hold the BB until he is dead. Very simple. After he's dead jump down in the pit again to appear at the start, then wait until the leader activates the reward quest at Zirik Slahn - then get an XP pill or a chest reward (Mirages or Endless Armor/Endless Weapon card).

BH2 - Abadon - Leaf Rain Dryad:
    Abadon can be a little rough for a cleric. The issue isn't the BH boss, but the one before it - Puppeteer. And getting there. If you have weaker squad members, stay at the entrance and give them some IH stacks so that they can cross the falling rocks while under the healing effect. When you are going to cross them yourself, cast IH a few times, then plumeshell, then use holy path to get to the middle. Wait for genie energy to be replenished and do it again. Reviving people who are dead deep inside the falling rocks is pointless unless you can take a few hits, and the person being revived has a hp charm.
    Puppeteer itself has a lot of hitpoints, but the real problem is the clones he spawns. If your party members don't lock aggro on them, you'll draw heal aggro. Most of the clones have one or more interrupts (the BM one is especially nasty with Roar of the Pride on a haxed nonexistant cooldown). Still, setting BB and hoping for the best is your best option there. It's up to the party to kill puppeteer before it kills you. If you have a mystic in party, be sure to get the resbuff.
    Leaf Rain Dryad, the BH boss, isn't as big a problem. It doesn't AOE much, and is a lot weaker then puppeteer. If the party gets past puppet, you're usually golden. Set BB and let the DDs do what they do best.

BH TT 3.1 - Illiusion Nemen:
    Fairly straightforward boss this. You have to beat Coredash to get the door open. Most parties have something tanky pull Coredash into the main hall so the door won't slam shut on the party after he dies. Coredash interrupts, so don't bother with BB. IH whoever is tanking and use Chromatic Heal on occasion to counter his AOE.
    After Coredash is down go to Nemen. Same story really, IH the tank, Chromatic if the boss AOEs (Nemen doesn't do that as often). Don't BB, it'll be interrupted. You should have time to debuff the boss as well, perhaps even get some potshots at her to speed things up.

BH TT 2.3 - Wulord Null:
    There's only one boss before the BH one, a melee boss, Fataliqua. Usually something melee tanks it - it doesn't aoe and does moderate damage. IH or BB can be used - BB is probably overkill here. Watch out for the exploding hands on the way to Fataliqua, they tend to kill more people then the bosses...
    Wulord Null is a splitter boss. He makes several clones with less health of himself, that still hit hard. Wulord deals mostly ranged fire, and can be a problem for melee classes. There's 2 ways to handle him easily:
    - A seeker with BP can simply set vortex right where he spawns (wiz/psy can also set their AOEs, same deal). If your party will do this, set BB on top of the seeker to mitigate damage dealt to him - getting hit with 7 fire bolts can oneshot even stronger HA characters.
    - Or, people can tab through and lure the right boss (the one with more then 100k hp) using a Zeal genie, or a summon. If this happens, set BB a bit further back so your party has a safe place to run to.

- BH AEU - Aurugon:
    AEU, like EU, has 2 parts. First, you have to face one of three dungeon configurations, chosen randomly when the quest starts.
    1: Shakti/Locen
    This is a longer version. You start by having to have 8 players dig a bunch of crystals around the ally NPC, Steel Eyed Shakti. If done simultaneously, the NPC is freed. Immediately go to the bushes. This configuration is handy for a cleric since the bushes cause you to stealth, which makes the enemies in the dungeon not notice you. If you draw aggro, simply run to the nearest bush and the mobs will give up on trying to kill you.
    - The party will need to gather a bunch of seeds which drop from mobs a bit further in. Heal your damagedealers with IH and Wellspring during this phase, and pick up the drops if no heals are needed. If the party is low on elemental damage, kill a few of the physical damage immunes with your metal skills.
    - Next phase will start after the party has submitted 50 seeds to the furnace. The party has to keep 3 "flames" in check and run the furnace. This means 4 players will be focused on those tasks usually. The remainder will have to kill the NPCs that occasionally spawn (do not use AOEs during the flames phase), and keep an eye for the boss - he does move around a bit and will oneshot most people with physical damage. Very strong barbs or HA characters can choose to "play" with the boss a bit to keep it off of the party's back - if this is done, ignore the player who is holding the boss, generally they don't need help (and there's no mental curatives in the cleric spell list).
    - Once the furnace succeeds you get endless pills. Take some from the furnace and periodically use them by rightclicking them in your inventory. They will briefly cause you to see stealthed NPCs on horses - those you need to kill 4 of. Attacking one destealths them and will allow your party to kill them.
    - Once 4 are killed, you can take a scouting mask from the furnace a little further in. The cleric should not take this, but another party member. The effect of the mask transforms you into a rat (kinda like a veno's bewitch). After the party member has spoken with the 2 big npcs, purify him/her to end the transform and allow skill use again.
    - Next, return to the start, where the trap is ready. Whoever used the polymorph should have taken the brilliant inscription, which can be used to open the trap. You then kill a bunch more NPCs for snake bones (...waitwhat? Who thinks of these thing?) which can be used to repair the trap. Open only the spots as depicted in the glowy symbol. As a cleric you'll want to heal with IH and chromatic here to keep people alive. Watch out for the boss.
    - Once the trap is done, head to the large island. Locen will spawn there and can be killed. As a cleric, you'll want to set BB close to one of the ice shards that spawn. These ice shards make you and nearby party members immune to fire, which is handy since Locen's fire attacks are very powerful. A tank will have to pull Locen into the BB, since he goes melee, that's not a big problem. Once Locen is killed, Aurugon will spawn in the pit below.

2: Luminous Jade / Chigo:
    Luminous Jade will split into light and dark at the start. Your party must split into 2 groups, one staying near the entrance and one heading over to the far side. 2 gates will appear where monsters will come from.
    As a cleric, you've got several options. If your side has another healer (mystic/psychic/cleric) you can either do red bubble to speed up the damage if your side is a little low on the DPS end, or you can go Violet Dance and do more damage yourself if you've got some APS stabfishes with you. If your side needs healing you can BB, but some mobs will interrupt it. If you're not sure what your side needs, just stay in normal mode and IH/DD as needed until you've got a feel for it. Both sides must kill at roughly the same pace. Once 200 "destructive force" is gathered, the NPCs will chase Indigo. Follow them.
    Dark Jade will be trapped, and several portals will appear. These portals spawn NPCs, but the portals themselves are the ones that need to be killed. Set your BB in the middle of the platform and keep it up while your party handles the bad guys.
    Once the right portal is killed, the boss Chigo will appear. He will periodically cast a DOT and purify it shortly afterward. He will also mass purge/interrupt, so be ready to mass buff and re-bubble (white tea or cloud eruption can be important here). Keep everyone healed as best as you can until the boss dies. Aurugon will spawn in the pit once he's dead.
    IMPORTANT: If the boss dies while the "sand" DOT is there, cancel BB, purify yourself and as many people as you can. Whoever isn't purified will likely die - so be ready to revive folks too.

3: Helios / Aohe
    This version is usually the preferred one. As a cleric, you'll likely be asked if you have Magical Shackle before you join an AEU squad, because having that skill significantly reduces the time to do this configuration.
    The glitch method:
    Go into Violet Dance. Head over to the third island to find the "Spirit of Aohe. Cast Magical Shackle on him, then attack him once. Magical Shackle will soon cause the spirit of Aohe to die, skipping the entire "free the apprentices" phase. Apart from the cleric, Seekers can also kill it (duel with a party member, have the party member put a damage-over-time skill on the seeker, the seeker then QPQ's it onto the spirit), as well as Psychics (with soul of retaliation I believe).
    The normal method:
    Aohe will capture the apprentices. The party will have to blow up the binding pillars using the fireworks that the NPCs near them conveniently drop. Knockback skills can be used to relocate those. Once a pillar is blown up it opens up a teleporter to one of the islands. Kill all NPCs there to free the apprentices.
    Once all apprentices are freed, protect them from the minions that spawn on the third island until the spirit of Aohe is dead. On my server (morai) it's surprising how few people actually know how to do this - glitching it seems the standard way.

Once the spirit is dead, the boss will split into 2: An elemental immune and a physical immune. These 2 amplify eachother's attacks, so it is important to pull them apart. Usually a magical DD will attack the physical immune and pull it to the left, while the elemental immune is snagged and pulled to the right by a strong phys DD character (preferably a tank).
    The phys immune will periodically paralyze you and will cast an Aurora Blast effect (prevents healing). Repeated Chromatic Healing Beam spam is recommended here.
    Both bosses must die within seconds of eachother, or the dead one will respawn at the still alive one, and that generally results in a squadwipe. It's common to stop attacking at 200k hp until the other side is ready, then have -everyone- use their most powerful attacks to quickly kill both. Once both are dead, Aurugon will spawn in the pit.

Aurugon:
    Aurugon appears in the pit below, so drop down there after a few of your squad go first (you don't want to be the first one to draw aggro as a weaker cleric). Aurugon will teleport a few times, and each time he has some tricks. The first time he's a pretty standard boss... he does ranged fire and has some painful melee attacks. IH whoever is attacking them. Save your sparks.
    Once he teleports, you'll be told to kill the spirits that spawn near him (little baby Ghostwings, how cute). You have 2 options: If you have Seal of the Gods, you can cast that on Aurugon. This may sound odd, but it will overwrite his own immunity, and after 15 seconds he will be vulnerable, regardless of the little spawns. Or you can set your BB near the boss. Generally, players will use AOEs and huddle up to get those smaller adds dead fast.
    Once he's hurt, he'll teleport again, this time without a shield, but he'll summon some backup. In succession:
    - Gorath, will do one large knockback slam with heavy physical damage, then die. You might want to have plumeshell or wings of protection on yourself if you're a bit squishy. It can glitch and hit players twice.
    - Mistress of the Night. Basically 3 clones of her spawn near random players and cause some ranged physical. Unlike Gorath, these adds will not die unless attacked. Be careful about drawing heal aggro from these.
    - Ghostwing. Appears above the boss and does the fire AOE (eats 500 HP per tick, regardless of your defenses). Since you can't BB in this phase, run away from the boss once the "watch out for the flame" message appears, then chromatic healbeam your party.
    (not sure if more spawn, the boss doesn't usually even reach mistress on Morai anymore).
    Once hurt enough, Aurugon will teleport once more and become invulnerable and summon more baby Ghostwings. As before, Seal of the Gods the boss, then set BB in front of him. He'll have less HP during this phase, so your party should have him down fast. Once he is dead, get an endless chest from the NPC that spawns there, and you're done.

BH2: Seat of Torment / Lord of Captivation
    Probably the easiest of the BHs. Head into the Seat of Torment, use the first teleport option (Nightmare Gate). Head to the right, all the way past 2 towers to face the boss. You'll encounter some physical immune enemies - if your party has problems with them use your metal skills and elemental seal to help with those. Apart from that, just use IH and chromatic heal to keep your party healthy.
    At the boss, set BB outside of his aggro range, then have a tank pull the boss. Lord of Captivation doesn't have many ranged skills so he can be pulled with ease. His first hit is hard though, so having BB already up is recommended. Wait for your DDs to take him down.

You forgot to mention that Ghostwing Boss can randomly teleport a player to another location. The player must kill mobs( ghostwings i think) to teleport back to boss. the other players must stop attacking the boss till the player is back.

PS:Question( has nothing to do with the post but i need know this pls) how do yu select to quote just a portion of text and not the whole text?
    giphy.gif

• w1ndwhisper
    edited November 2014
    Options
    As to toad, i do not think its that icon, its the earth dot icon i believe. I know they have the dirt swirling about their feet. You should notice their buffs icon change which i how i always tell. I just keep a watch on.the squad list and watch for a buff change.

OK it makes more sense if its a different icon if the result is so disastrous. I'll try to get a friend to do a screenshot. In the meantime I'm watching out for squads that say .. x places left for Flow any class. Be nice to be secondary healer first time.

@bloodedone87 - I just deleted the bits I didn't want quoted - there's probably a cleverer way xD
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited November 2014
    Options
    @OP:
    Rebirth 2 as soon as you're able. The extra quests and vita you get once you're back up to 100 will make a huge difference, and the spirit from the boundaries, while not much, still gives you a little extra def/att. I waited with my cler until it was lvl 102 to rebirth, and still regret it. My mystic I rebirthed at level 100 with **** gear - but it was a breeze getting back to 100 because even **** (Masters set mostly, from BH79) gear suffices up to the BH100 instances, especially if you add a few weak war avatars into the mix. A G16 weapon however is a major help in leveling up fast (not to mention all those free Platinum charms that Sparky has been giving us ;) )

I'll describe FSP, UCH and the weekly instances also:
    FSP:

The party starts out at the start. The squad leader should activate the "Deicide" mode before the batlord (see below) is defeated. You see several plates coming down from the ceiling periodically. These deal heavy elemental damage (I think earth typed, unsure), but if you time it properly you can pass them without issue. If in doubt, wait for one to come down, then walk past as it goes up. This gets you in the fire room.
    A bridge periodically extends leading up to the center platform. There's a few bat NPCs flying above the center platform - so have something tanky run up first, those are pure melee mobs. Don't fall in the fire, it'll oneshot you. Buff your party members as they arrive - usually the vanguard of the squad starts on this area while the slowpokes arrive later. Tanky characters should defeat the 3 npcs north and south of the main platform, heal them if they need healing (IH should be enough). To proceed, both the diggable objects need to be activated at roughly the same time. This will cause the Batlord boss to spawn.
    Batlord is a lvl 105 boss that occasionally does a weak wood based elemental attack and periodically stuns. It is not a difficult boss to deal with. IH your tank, chromatic heal after the AOE. Once he dies, the lava wall behind him opens and you can proceed.

You'll need to pass through an underwater passage with some fish school npcs. These are melee, so have something tanky lead the way. A few AOEs from your dds should clear them out. On the far side of the passage, several drakes await the party. You'll need to defeat all but one of them to summon the boss.
    Glitch: If someone aggro's the front right drake as you exit the pool, you can run into a problem that the boss won't spawn. As a cleric, when this happens, ask your party to stop attacking it if the mob goes into the ground (this glitch happens often) so that it can reset. The cleric, or any other character capable of it should use a long-term immobilization effect, and Silent Seal is perfect for the job. Once frozen in place, your DDs can take it out quick at which point the boss will spawn.
    Before taking on the boss, make sure the party is there and buffed. As a weaker cleric you'll want to jump up into one of the "loops" which line the path. This gets you above the nastiest effect the boss has. As a cleric, you'll be expected to do and hold BB throughout this fight.
    The boss Azoth has 3 main attacks:
    - Summons adds: Boss will summon some 5 weak adds that will freeze people in place if not killed quickly. Your DDs should use AOEs to kill these fast. Most parties have a seeker, wizard or psychic with a permanent AOE - if you got that, these will likely not be a problem.
    - Ice explosions: The boss will summon pools of ice underneath random party members which will explode and deal massive amounts of water damage. This is the reason why a weaker cleric should be inside one of the raised loops - if you're high enough, that attack won't reach you. Any character frozen by the adds will likely be oneshotted by the ice explosion.
    - Icebreath: The boss will do an AOE water attack that doesn't deal much direct damage, but will kill anyone frozen by the adds, and has a chance to leave a very nasty water DOT. If you as a cleric get hit with this while in BB and have trouble staying alive, use some health potions to add to your healing - but usually arcane armored characters can endure this as long as bb is up. Weaker HA characters should spark. If your party has 2 clerics, the cleric not in BB should purify this debuff away.

Once Azoth dies a statue will spawn at the far side of the pool. Take the quest to get 2 flowsilver coins, then head down the corridor - but watch out, a large boulder will come barreling down the corridor, so head back towards the pool and wait for it to vanish. After that, head towards the treasury, to face... the Frog!
    As you enter the treasury room there's 6 npcs there. Your DDs should take these out, they're just more melee fodder. Once these are down, a female character should blow a kiss towards the statue, this will make the boss appear. Frog is the reason why clerics and barbarians are virtually required in any Flowsilver party.
    Frog has 4 specials:
    Axe slam: This massive chop will kill anyone that isn't a barbarian. It's a frontal cone AOE, so anyone without a deathwish should remain behind the frog. The barbarian (or person tanking) should ensure that the boss is turned away from the party.
    Axe toss: The boss will throw an axe at a random party member, stunning and debuffing them with an earth damage over time effect. As a cleric, you MUST purify this DoT immediately, this is your highest priority at fighting frog. The axe toss also spawns an "axe" NPC beneath the player hit, which can be killed and will drop a shieldbreaker axe - one party member is usually designated to collect and use these.
    Shielding: The boss will raise a protective shield that continually heals him. The only way to remove this shield is to lob the shieldbreaker axe from the axe toss back at him.
    Slam: The boss periodically stomps the ground causing everyone to be hit with a strong physical AOE that briefly stuns everyone too. Weak arcane characters tend to have problems with this, so you might want to keep plume shell and guardian light up. After this attack, use Chromatic Heal to replenish the party health.
    When not purifying, you'll want to cast IH on your barbarian a lot as the barbarian will take quite a beating from frog. With IH stacks, it shouldn't be a problem for your tank to stay alive. Once frog dies, take the quest from the frog NPC that spawns for coins, and wait for your party to attack the treasure chests that also spawn.
    The treasure chests have 3 possible effects once attacked:
    - Spawn 3 treasure lurkers (melee mobs, your DDs should deal with them).
    - Spawn 3 Coins. These can be attacked and will drop 1 or 2 book pages. Usually the leader collects these to split them at the end.
    - Bewitch the attacker into a frog. If this happens, purify the person with the debuff to restore them to normal.

After this, move on through the corridor to Blossom Succubus. More melee npcs along the way, by now your DDs should be proficient in dispatching of these. Wait for everyone to arrive at Succubus before attacking it. Succubus is a melee boss that has a few specials:
    - Joy and Hardships: This requires the party to stand close to eachother. Just run towards the boss when this happens, attack it for a bit and cast Chromatic Heal after the boss uses it's effect. Anyone who isn't close to another party member may be oneshotted.
    - Revenge: This requires the party to stand apart. Everyone except the tank should move away from the boss. Try to stay in IH range of the tank as the boss's physical attack is quite strong.
    - Healing: The boss will cast a healing spell that has to be interrupted or it'll regain 40% of it's HPs. Since clerics don't have any interrupts that work, you can't do much about this.
    - Sleep: The boss will cast sleep on a random party member. Purify this debuff.
    - Drag: The boss will cast an effect that drags everyone towards the boss and deals physical damage (and a lot of it). Cast chromatic heal after this to heal up the party.
    Once Succubus is dead, take the quest form the NPC again to get more coins.

Off to the final boss now! There's more NPCs along the way, let your DDs handle them and use the odd IH or wellspring to keep everyone healed up. You'll end up in the throne room, which is a circular room with some npcs in the center. Wait for your party to engage them, then run to the center of the room and set BB. You'll want to keep BB up for a long time here.
    Once the NPCs die, the 5 Kings spawn. These are a bunch of mini bosses with some specials.
    Bai Hau: Big guy who will cast a healt regain effect on himself at the start. Can be APSd.
    Lenn Shin: Ranged physical immune boss.
    Linn Goyen: A melee boss with an APS shield. Will cast a debuff that briefly reduces physical defense to 0.
    Linn Shoyo: Elemental immune boss. Will cast a debuff that briefly reduces elemental defense to 0. Can be APSd.
    Yeh Kuhan: A melee boss with an APS shield. Will cast a debuff that deals moderate physical damage - but can squadwipe the party if the debuff from Linn Goyen is still active (hence why you should never attack the bosses early).
    Maintain BB throughout this fight and wait for your party to kill the bosses. They must be killed in roughly the same pace or they'll fully heal themselves - AOEs are frequently used here.

After the kings die the final boss, Mushi spawns. Mushi is a pure physical dd boss. He has a few specials:
    - Chi eruption: The boss will refill the chi bar of the entire party. Usually this is a good thing, however, if you are already at maximum chi, you will be killed - so always clear the sparks as soon as possible.
    - Knockback slam: The boss slams the ground and knocks everyone back, dealing light physical damage. The biggest risk of this is that party members might get knocked into the flames in the center room. If you get pushed into a flame, you die.
    - AOE: The boss will periodically use a quick frontal AOE, at short range. This can kill weaker arcane characters who are in front of the boss, so like frog, stay at his back.
    - Rampage: Once the boss is at low health, he'll go into a frenzy after 10 seconds. while in a frenzy, the boss will do massive amounts of physical damage, and each character he kills will heal him. The frenzy ends after about 20 seconds.
    Clerics should use IH on whoever is tanking, and heal up arcanes that get hit with wellspring. Chromatic heal after the knockback slam can do the job but is usually overkill. At the rampage phase, you've got some options - if you have the chi available get behind mushi and set BB so your tank takes half damage. Without chi, spam IH on the tank and use Wings of Protection as well. If your tank despite this gets low on health, be ready to use Stream of Rejuvination a few times instead. During rampage the boss will not use other specials.
    After he dies, get the final coins from the NPC that spawns, split the pages from frog, if any and the books, if any. Then exit to Kirin Town with 2 shiny coins.

• Evryn - Morai
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SoT Weekly:
    When you enter SoT, the spirit nearby can teleport you to several parts of the dungeon. The weekly has 3 bosses that must be killed. I'll describe each path seperately:

Bloody Courtyard / Queen of Agony:
    The toughest part and usually what people start with. When you teleport you'll see several dogs wandering around. Do not aggro them, they can't be killed. Wait for some of your DDs to move in and clear the few mobs on the path, then use holypath and run past the dogs to the left. Continue to the left towards the Voidweaver (often people will have a blue divine emissary quest on this miniboss, he's quite easy), then again take a left turn. You'll be in the path of the dogs but moving in the direction they walk now. Dig a few "Requiem Crystals" along the way. At the next junction, again go left and you'll end up near the boss. Wait for everyone to arrive, build some sparks and buff everyone. As a cleric, you'll be expected to BB here. Set BB before the boss is aggro'd and have a party member pull the boss in towards you. It's important that the party is somewhat close together.

The boss will summon some Wild Dogs - big NPCs that are immune to damage at first. Most parties ignore them and focus fully on Queen, but you can use a Tranquil Wildrose on them if you gathered them (unless you're channeling something, like vortex or BB) to make them vulnerable.
    Once the boss drops in health it'll use a nasty AOE, which must be countered with a Requiem Crystal - if players don't use one in time, the entire squad usually dies. However, if you have weak physical resistance you can still be hit hard by this effect, so it's wise to have an immunity handy (Absolute Domain can be a lifesaver here for a squishy cler). If you survive the AOE the boss should be dead soon afterward. If someone dies to the AOE, revive them quickly, then re-raise BB.
    One of the common fails on weaker squads I've noticed here is that some squads fail to draw the attention of all the adds that spawn, causing the cler to be attacked by half a dozen npcs due to heal aggro. If this happens a squadwipe is usually the result, and you should ask your DDs to use AOEs.

Hell Trap / Trap Master Fierce:
    When you teleport to this area you'll see several colored balls coming towards you. These are trap balls with various effects, which will trigger if you come too close:
    Red: 1200 damage regardless of defenses.
    Yellow: Slow
    White: Stun
    Purple: Teleports you back to the entrance
    The balls have a short range area effect, so triggering one can cause party members to be affected as well. They're spawned from some "Mechanics something" NPCs at the end of each lane part. Killing those stops the balls for that lane. There are also some NPCs near each mechanic NPC, have your DDs deal with those and keep everyone healed up with IH and Chromatic. The biggest problem enroute is the miniboss Suicidal Mass, which does an AOE max life reduction, and will explode with a heavy fire AOE on death. Purify people with the life reduction debuff once he's dead. Revive people who didn't survive his suicide blast.

Trapmaster Fierce himself isn't too tough unless someone foolishly rushes him. Once he's aggro'd he'll summon a huge amount of blue trap balls which circle around him. These stun and damage you when you get too close. The boss also sends balls of varying colors towards the party. As a cleric you should BB a little behind your tanks, then just sit back and watch them do what they do best. Since Fierce doesn't have any long range AOEs, it's easy to handle this one.

Nightmare Gate / Hellfire Abomination:
    This is the same area where the BH SOT boss is in, but if you're doing Hellfire Abomination, your party will want to kill the 3 "towers" which make the boss immune to certain damage types. To the left there's the one who renders the boss immune to metal and fire, to the right the water/earth one and beyond that to the right, there's the wood and physical one. As a cleric you'll want to stay in the back of the party - usually a few BPd physical DDs will go to the left and take out the metal/fire tower without needing help. Go right with the rest of the party, heal using IH and Chromatic - some NPCs do AOE in this area.
    There are several NPCs along the way who are physical damage immune, if your party is very weak in elemental damage, use Elemental Seal on them and help attack them with metal skills. As a cleric you'll also want to help attack the physical immune tower with that seal and metal skills. Once all three towers are down, head to the northwest section of the area to find the boss.
    Hellfire abomination has a strong melee attack and a periodic, heavy metal based AOE. You'll need to BB here, make sure BB is up before the boss is attacked to avoid getting killed by the AOE (or use Guardian Light to shield yourself while you're casting BB). The boss also summons an immune add that deals physical - someone should pull that off the cleric with an AOE to prevent heal aggro. The add can be killed by luring it into the trap the energy star leaves behind, but most parties just ignore it and focus on the main boss.

Once all three bosses are dead, the quest can be turned in.

Aba weekly / Borobudur:
    Aba weekly starts out much like the Aba BH. Your party has to cross the falling rocks - use IH, Guardian light and Holy path to get across, and IH weaker party members to help them get across before going yourself.
    First boss on the way is Puppeteer. You'll usually want to BB here, but be ready to use absolute domain if your party doesn't draw the attention of the adds that Puppet spawns - some of them can be lethal to a cleric, especially the seeker and archer.
    Once Puppet is down, a sin will usually take lead and stealth past the mobs to activate the "go to the past" quest. Once you're in the past, head down the path ahead of you - there are various enemies along the way which your DDs can deal with. Keep people's hp up with IH and chromatic heal as needed, but watch out for heal aggro. Most squads simply run all the way to Mask of Grief, then deal with whatever chased them there with AOEs.

Mask of Grief is the second miniboss you got to face. He's an immobile boss, and a weird one. Periodically he'll cast "healing spells", which either makes a squad member immune, or outright kills them. His first hit can also be extremely hard, so it's a good idea to not set BB before your tank has engaged the boss. Once Mask is dead, revive dead squad members and move on to the central area.

Next, you'll need to chase young Borobudur. You'll likely need to Holypath a few times to keep up with the squad here. The boss will run to one of four areas and vanish - you'll need to defeat 4 smaller minibosses here, the puppets. Use IH and Chromatic here as most of the puppets will interrupt BB. Parties usually take them out one by one. Once they are dead, use the teleporter NPC to return to the Time Shifter.

Next, your party needs to partially split. The leader has to start the quest from the time shifter, which then causes one of the 4 colored balls (locations are noted with dots on the dungeon map) to light up. Squad members will have to look which one is lit. Usually assassins take green and yellow, while red and white can be handled by party members without stealth as the mobs on those locations should already be mostly dead. As a cleric, it's usually smart to just stay near the time shifter and have your party handle matters.

Once the quest is completed, you'll be teleported back to the future, and, conveniently, right in front of Borobudur. Rebuff, then set BB and let your party members handle the boss. Borobudur will spawn a lot of small, physical immune adds that often end up heading to the cleric due to heal aggro, if this happens ask your squad members to use AOEs - archers and seekers can use metal skills to pull them off of the cleric easily. Boro isn't too difficult and the DDs will soon bring him down, which completes the weekly.

• Evryn - Morai
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Undercurrent Hall:
    After second rebirth and re-reaching level 100, you can do Undercurrent Hall as well. It's an instance primarily used to farm Primordial Bloods. You can enter it from Light Emperor Alexander in Kirin Town.

Once in, talk to the NPC in the main hall to get the 2 quests. The orange one can be taken once per day (taken, not completed - so if you want you can take it one day and do it twice the next day that way). The blue one can be completed 3 times per day. Most times, parties will do only a single run - meaning both areas are completed, then the reward is taken (1 Primordial blood + 12 Undercurrent Coins, which can be converted into 2 more Primordial Bloods).
    The purple quest determines what area you start with - usually fire, but leave that for the squad leader.

Fire area / Phyrrex:
    The fire boss starts with a bunch of small mobs stomping around him. Fly up towards them and start killing the small mobs, don't attack the boss and don't get near him. The boss does ranged physical damage and will periodically put an energy shield on someone - kill the energy shield NPC to free whoever is caught in it. Once there are only a few small mobs, the boss loses it's damage immunity, at this point your DDs should start attacking him and you should start to IH whoever has aggro.
    Periodically a few Wind Vortexes appear, that after a short while will cast a physical AOE that hits everyone in the area. Use Chromatic after this to heal up your party.
    Once the boss is defeated he'll summon 6 adds to bomb the Undercurrent Wizards. As a weak cleric, I'd leave defeating them up to the party and head down to the wizards - when a falling rock approaches you can attack the nearby "Water Orb" to neutralize it, and give your DDs more time to defeat the enemies that way.
    Once all 6 mobs are defeated, some giants will appear on a path to the north - head towards there. Strong clerics can simply BB here, but heal aggro makes doing that a liability for weaker clerics. The party has to kill the fire beetles that slowly walk down the path, but the giants behind those have a very painful ranged physical attack, which tends to tear a weaker arcane armored cleric apart. If your party doesn't aggro the giants and you know they'll kill you, don't heal here (and if your party members whine at you for that, tell them to aggro the ranged mobs).
    After this, you get to fight the boss for the last time, and while you were dealing with adds he was taking his steroids. He's got a massive amount of HPs now, but there's ways to deal with that. As a cleric, you'll be expected to BB - set it a little bit away from the boss so that ranged characters can stay at range, while melee can surround the boss. 4 party members should activate both altars by standing on the 4 glowy spots simultaneously after the boss is aggrod. This dramatically increases the damage output of the party, allowing you to dispatch the boss fast.
    The boss has 2 specials:
    - A huge range aoe that does metal damage and prevents you from flying for a long time, this debuff cannot be purified. Since you don't need to fly in this phase it's not a big problem.
    - A powerful front cone fire AOE that takes a while to charge - people can dodge it except the person who's being directly targeted, that person is paralyzed. If the cleric gets targeted, AD is recommended about 3 seconds after he paralyzes, so that when he does damage you're immune. Reraise BB after this.

Once he dies, grab some loot and head over to the Wind area.

Wind / Miraxes and Cyrak:
    In the wind area, your first task is to kill several flying dragons. To do this, you have to attack the clouds which they hide in - once the clouds are down to half health, the dragon pops out. This should be done by the tanky members of the party as the dragons deal moderate physical damage but can't be killed directly. Be careful with healing here, it's -very- easy to draw heal aggro.
    In order to kill dragons, you have to lure them above the trap towers. Then you have to have 10 wind charges to activate the towers by digging the hand object inside them. If you activate one, all towers on the map activate and drag any exposed dragons in range down to them, then kill them.
    To gather wind charges, a character has to fly through the "Wind Rings", glowy white circles that periodically appear in 2 loops, one higher up and one at about where you enter the map. Weaker characters generally gather these. As you pass through a windring it'll disappear and buff you with a flying speed boost, so it's possible for a single character to complete a loop before the rings disappear if you can steer yourself properly.
    At 20 and 40 dead dragons, a miniboss will appear, the Herald of Cyrak and Herald of Miraxes. Killing these is optional but recommended, as it'll make the boss fights easier. As a cleric, you can help the people taking the heralds on - but usually a good assassin can solo them since they don't have an aps shield.
    Once 60 dragons are dead, the bosses appear. Here's where things get tricky. The bosses are in seperate areas beyond a teleporter mirror underneath the huge dragon statues. You must enter the mirror from the front - using the back just teleports you to the other side. Cyrak is on the west island, and Miraxes is on the east.
    The dragons will cast a shield that reduces all damage (except DOTs) to 1. In order to break this shield, you have to get an item from the beetle adds that spawn - but from the other dragon. The bosses will also both disappear unless both bosses are aggrod.
    As a cleric, you'll generally be asked to hold aggro on the east boss while someone else gathers items, and while the west boss is being killed. As long as the boss doesn't oneshot you with his physical attack, this is easily done by attacking the boss once, then just spamming IH on yourself until the rest of the squad is back with you to kill it. Both bosses also use an AOE elemental attack often, but if you killed both heralds, all damage from this attack is reduced to 0. If you're not present for the death of the first dragon, that's no problem, you only need one of the two to complete the quests.

Once both dragons are dead a treasure chest will spawn on each end. Attack it for some goodies, then head back to the entrance hall to turn in the yellow quest (the blue one autocompletes). Use the "exchange rewards" option to trade the flowsilver coins for items of your choice - most players choose more bloods.

• w1ndwhisper
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the detailed explanations Evryn. There's a lot to learn, and I've made some notes about the cleric healing bits mainly and especially where to look out for AoEs. I'm usually good at avoiding mobs and danger as I follow others rather than lead.

I remembered to get a defence blessing instead of a Jones Blessing for today's Warsong full and it made it a lot less stressful. With a HP charm I was able to forget about myself and just heal others.

I'm going to RB2 as you suggest this week, when I've also got my final Morai skills. That will give me time hopefully to refine more and farm speed potions. I'm not looking forward to the BH69 / 79 / 89 again as they are way to easy now so I hope I can get back to 100 quickly to try FSP a few time still I'm really confident then do EU.