[Maintenance Discussion] 11/18/14 COMPLETE

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
UPDATE 2:50 AM: All patch server issues have been resolved, and everyone should now be able to patch up and log in.

UPDATE 2:15 AM: The servers are open now. Note that we are currently still having issues with our French and German patch servers, so unfortunately at this time only players using the English version will be able to log into the game.

UPDATE 1:50 AM: We are experiencing some technical issues with our patch servers. As a result, maintenance is being extended. There is not currently an ETA for when these issues will be resolved.

Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM-2AM. There are no patch notes, just some cash shop updates/restart.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141118T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: What kind of event would you like to see for the month of December/Xmas/Any Holiday you celebrate during that month?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    : What kind of event would you like to see for the month of December/Xmas/Any Holiday you celebrate during that month?
    The usual kind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can't go wrong with snowmen. Wouldn't mind the killer snowmen either.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Seconding killer snowmen.

Because seriously. Killer snowmen!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • totaltian
    totaltian Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Should be another title event that is only for that month.
    Rare named like when Lady Moon gave MoonWalker title.b:chuckle

And some rare fash would be nice...
    FOR BOUTIQUE PLEASE!b:kiss
  • Shy_breeze - Dreamweaver
    Shy_breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: What kind of event would you like to see for the month of December/Xmas/Any Holiday you celebrate during that month?

The penguin that was down near Tellus daily quest that gave a blood and nice exp, and Snowmen b:victory
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The penguin that was down near Tellus daily quest that gave a blood and nice exp, and Snowmen b:victory

seconded! I like any of the events that are not bound by time. it would be cool to get an attack on arch or two before new years as well, those are always fun
  • laseek
    laseek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Something assemble-able would be cool.
    Quest/drops from instances - ala the neuma harvesting - with tradable items for building a sleigh mount or a snowman pet.

Craftable consumables (again tradable) that super or sub size you, change your color for a few mins or an hour.

Festive fireworks.

Decorations for faction halls based on material donations - each time you donate mats from the daily faction quests - the decorations go up for 15-30 mins. Reach a certain threshold and it snows inside the faction base for a day.

Seasonal Quest from the faction monolith where you go collect/do something and it generates faction merit - and results in an item that's a deployable snowman that lasts for 20 mins.

Faction quest to encourage people in a faction to team and work towards a common goal. Something along the lines of:
    1) Quest started by faction management - monolith gets decorated with bare bones decorations
    2) one of 3-5 possible quest goals - collect items from the main map, kill mobs (quest item on kill), harvest mats, etc
    3) Items handed in to the monolith which keeps count
    4) On completion - the monolith dishes out small gifts/xp

Also.. make this things not tied to a specific time - a lot of EU players play on US servers and it's damn annoying to miss out on fun just because of some bias.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Personally, I say keep Santa away this time of year as I had enough of the spam from the months before.

Event I'd like to see for the holidays is 2x for 2 weekends in a row, not the whole week.
    Something that brings this quest back: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/29190
    And maybe another Forum event such as the Turkey Day one. :3

Please and thank you <3
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver
    Pet_Catcher - Dreamweaver Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    SNOWMEN

still and always, I look forward to december all year long just for the snowmen in the citys b:victory
    well, maybe not in Arch due to the lag

that Santa thing last year was good idea... just didn't work out too well

A title event would be cool too "santa's little elf" or "winter wonderland"
  • Beauforde - Dreamweaver
    Beauforde - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It would be too bad if you could auto-culti the snowmen, in my humble opinion.
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Id love to see an event similar to the sweet remembrance event. Even though I had to stay up late/get up early for it, it was so awesome and I made a lot of friends/money doing it b:laugh

I guess anything that is rewarding and fun at the same time really.
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    No Sweet Remembrance event please. It's not needed.

The usual Christmas/New Years nien events would be ideal. And for more than just one day this time/not at 11am. ;x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Rawynn - Archosaur
    Rawynn - Archosaur Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    laseek wrote: »
    Quest/drops from instances - ala the neuma harvesting - with tradable items for building a sleigh mount or a snowman pet.

Craftable consumables (again tradable) that super or sub size you, change your color for a few mins or an hour.

Festive fireworks.

Decorations for faction halls based on material donations - each time you donate mats from the daily faction quests - the decorations go up for 15-30 mins. Reach a certain threshold and it snows inside the faction base for a day.

Seasonal Quest from the faction monolith where you go collect/do something and it generates faction merit - and results in an item that's a deployable snowman that lasts for 20 mins.

Faction quest to encourage people in a faction to team and work towards a common goal. Something along the lines of:
    1) Quest started by faction management - monolith gets decorated with bare bones decorations
    2) one of 3-5 possible quest goals - collect items from the main map, kill mobs (quest item on kill), harvest mats, etc

Also.. make this things not tied to a specific time - a lot of EU players play on US servers and it's damn annoying to miss out on fun just because of some bias.

sounds like fun, regular snowmen in town and killer snowmen that spawn from killing mobs "Enraged Snowman"b:angry .. maybe on Christmas day a 2x on All completed quests.b:laughb:dirtyb:kiss
    [SIGPIC]SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Spawn world bosses randomly at archo every few minutes.b:pleased

Penguin event was neat, snowmen event wouldn't be a good idea because of autocultivation/
  • biostrain
    biostrain Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    laseek wrote: »

Festive fireworks.

I second this idea sounds way fun
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So have you guys given up on providing manual patches? The one from 2 weeks ago was never released and I don't see anything this week either.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    So have you guys given up on providing manual patches? The one from 2 weeks ago was never released and I don't see anything this week either.

Asterelle asks the important questions. +1
  • Highestelf - Heavens Tear
    Highestelf - Heavens Tear Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Send holiday gifts in mail, with quality/value base on anniversary date of all toons; NOT level requisite.

Also x3 xp/sp
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited November 2014
    Options

I'm honestly not sure what's up with those at the moment. I asked about the other missing one, and was told we never received it from the Devs. I'll see who I can bug to get these back.
  • tentonaxe
    tentonaxe Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Not sure about an event but as for Fashion weapon, I'd like to have a golf club that would wrap around someones neck or fly out my hand and knock someone to the ground like the Barbs Mighty swing, also Would like to wield a Light Saber.....
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm honestly not sure what's up with those at the moment. I asked about the other missing one, and was told we never received it from the Devs. I'll see who I can bug to get these back.

Wow... where is this game heading to?b:shocked
  • ballenato
    ballenato Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    What about NON broken events. Thank you!
  • ba90
    ba90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    id like to see some servers merge so more active people on servers for this new year
  • jocat
    jocat Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    b:laugh
    Hello all,

Tonight there will be a maintenance from 11PM-2AM. There are no patch notes, just some cash shop updates/restart.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141118T23&p1=224&ah=3

• cira1818
    cira1818 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I would love to see a cultivation resistant snowman personally or people will never be able to get in main cities with all that lag! And the santa quest again, even though it was such red spam i loved the quest for the blood b:surrender just can never get enough of it for any toon i have. And i agree would love a event similar to the moonwalker one with cards and a title was a reward was a fun quest to mix up the time from the usually dailies and got some nice stuff b:victory the year the snowmen and snow fall did not show was heart breaking and no fun. Opps rambling! In short bring back previous ones and maybe some new please b:cute
    1421836914pizapw1434850700.jpg
    Like the Foxes? ake one here at the link, all credits to the maker of this fun game!
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Fox-Creator-1-2-491912551
  • b4tr3ds
    b4tr3ds Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I want to boss card back
  • Tameddestiny - Sanctuary
    Tameddestiny - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Let's go old school with the christmas cards from when pwi was first released, i'd love to see something old school. With current rewards of course. Great memories from back then. \o/

I don't know why it says join date : apr 2014....I joined 2 months after release. LOL oh well.
  • junkynday
    junkynday Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    How about something that give us EXP, bcoz thats all we need now. Like that last year NPC that gave us blood and awesome exp :(
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

The midwinter (or midsummer, for our southern hemisphere players) solstice. Turn of the seasons, marks the passage of another year longer then mankind has existed on this world. And it was from this event that -all- the religious festivities in this season come.

As for handing out goodies - you got a good handle on that. Son of Fortune event and the xmas snowmen, along with Emperors Cruise, was a big hit year.

[Edit] 'Though... Killer Snowmen + Attack on Archo = Killer Snowmen attacking Archo = Awesome :]
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear
    Filtheyrich - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello all,

it used to run around tellus city and it would drop coins that turned in to +50% exp for an hour,i think it was an anversary thing ?b:bye