No Suprise

Comments

• coolstorm
    coolstorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trying to see it as if there are two different views of this is ignorance to me, as well as one of the sides you're refering to.

My post is taking no side, you are just to blinded by all of the commotion going on in this thread.

There is always more than one view on everything, if you can't see that then that makes you an ignorant person.

I am done with this conversation as it only serves to aggravate things.
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When I heard about the cease fire I thought only one thing...surely they wont...surely they have the decency not to

But you guys will even go as far as to ABUSE the passing of someone, which is a tragic event and should be treated as such, in ur -snip- made-up psychological warfare against Hoorah. You know why we play this game? For fun, for stress relief, for distraction, we are here to PLAY a game, for you guys to use every possible moment to milk it just to feel better about urself by trying ur hardest to make other people look bad is straight up disgusting...a ''cease fire'' (who is at war? last time I checked we're just playing a game with eachother) in honor of the passing of someone that loved to TW, is straight up abusing someones death to push ur own envellop and if you guys really feel this way about TW (its a war?) then please stop playing the game, ur in the wrong place, -snip-

Now poor uncle Dbilly is all stressed as **, because the poor man doesnt know what to do, some random-*** dude is trying to force him to tell his members to stop having fun and deny them this stress relief and distraction, which for some people is a good way to deal with a loss like this. He can already see the spam in world chat about how Hoorah is a -snip- faction because we didnt honor the cease fire ''in honor of Tam''. Matter of fact Dball did his best to find a path in the middle (AGAINST EVERYONES SUGGESTION) and attack neither Vindicate nor Kakumau (which were the factions Tam was in).

-snip-

Im not usually one to get mad, actually I dont remember the last time I did, I love trolling people and I love gettin trolled back, nothing I say is serious and I take the stuff said to me serious, but for you guys to abuse the tragic passing of someone as yet another weapon in ur -snip- psychologic warfare is straight up disgusting -snip-

Now to address the passing of Tam, I didnt know her, Ive shared a few moments with her on this game, but I wish the best to Budweiser and the people that were actually close with her on a personal level. I hope your last moments with her were nice ones and ur able to leave her behind with a satisfied heart and with peace in ur mind, leaving no room for regret.

- qontroL

also keep in mind Im in no way representing the opinion of my faction, this is my opinion and mine alone, before you start using this -snip- too...you can hate me all u want -snip-

You had me lost at the word Decency thats actually part of your vocabulary ???

What has me shocked about this is every faction followed through with this except the one that had the most history with Tam. Had Hoorah had one of there own pass and asked for a one weekend of peace I'd would have supported that, now thats Decency take notes Quan.
    Not that there was a formal agreement ever made, but vindi and hoorah not fighting each other is already a ceasefire, hoorah and leg are unrelated to Tam though so I'm not sure whats being broken, they're completely Seperate wars. A ceasefire with vindi was honored, but everyone else is fair game IMO, tam was never part of leg, so not sure how hoorah and leg TWing has anything to do with Tam and her family which was never in leg of hoorah

Tam knew a lot of people from Legendary including myself, and people who are now in Hoorah including you. This is a load of **** and shame on you for making up this lame excuse of fair game BS, you and dball knew how much this meant to Bud.
  • XJesterKingx - Sanctuary
    XJesterKingx - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stop using tam's death for your own benefits. when gg died, vindicate honored his death by twing and beating hoorah. now when tam dies, they request peace because they are no longer the strongest. to me, you guys just look like a bunch of **** for using players' deaths to your advantage. is a tw ceasefire what tam really wanted? or is that something vindi wanted. because like monkeytoes said, when neph passed away tam took tw land in her honor. if a tw ceasefire was tam's death wish, of course i would be disgusted with hoorah's decision. but it looks more like vindi using tam's death to get away with a piece of land and making hoorah look bad.

RIP nepherl, GG Big Y, and Tamarlyn.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's pretty disrespectful that expectations were made and demanded when the request made was too half assed to be made a public request to begin with, then creating a huge stink about it afterwards when it wasn't followed... How dare you?

You guys should be thanking Hoorah for meeting the request half way even though the same would not have been done for us in the same situation and there was no common decency to inform or forewarn anyone ahead of time when people already made plans for the week. Instead a half assed post gets made on a private forum during TW bidding.

Dball had members who wanted TW, some didn't, and he met everyone half way, so before you open your mouths again be grateful that it was even considered when a decision was made to satisfy all sides because I certainly don't have a reason to log in for another week now.
    They prolly thought you guys would be peeking and lurking around the vindi forums so there was no need to actually post it in public, b:chuckle why waste time posting in public if its so obvious word gets around extremely fast, if not by alts or by word.
    There are ways to properly express any misunderstandings or the way someone or a faction would like to not go ahead with a request from a faction that has nothingn to do with them. Considering Hoorah doesnt have the most best rep of the server, demanding thankfulness kinda just makes pple do the opposite.
    Much thanks to Dball for his understanding, but your post kinda shat and overshadowed his good doing >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Budweiser - Sanctuary
    Budweiser - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Ok i am going to say i am that 1% that Dan was talking about. That knew her in real life. We meet ingame and our friendship grew to real life. I would stay at her house sometimes. And she stayed at mine. When I stayed at her house she insisted i would seelp in her bed (becouse it was nicer) and she stayed in the guess bed. I would make a joke that you just want to get me in your Bed LOL. When she stayed at my house i gave her my Bed and i sleep on the couch. She use to call her self a cougar becouse she was married to me lol.

I was there holding her hand bedside at the hospital just before her passing. You see there are friends in the game. Then there are closer friends that you squad with most. But there is that one person that just seems to stick out more then everyone. Next thing you know you are doing everything all BHs even the little quests like daliys .That person to me was Tam.

I dont think there was one Guild that dont have ppl in it that she knows or knows her. She was in so many ppls ingame life.

I do belive that if i told Tam that they called a cease fire in your namesake she would start crying. But then if I say O nevermind someone made a bid. She would be like dont tell me Hoora LOL that figures. And she her self would LOL and say what a azz (in a joking manner)

Now when i seen the Bid yes i may have snap as well. Only because i know Tams and Dballs past and at 1st i took it as a sign of direspect. I can understand that it wasent Dball but the rest of his faction. That push him to do it so he tryed to make everyone happy.

I also can understand that ppl would want to morn in there own way. And if thats TW then so be it. I do have to say it was a nice gesture.

I just wish Dball didn't wait till the end of the bidding to do it. I call the family and told them what we did in the game(My Bad) They where so happy and wanted to let you guys know that they sends all there love and thxs for all the support to all of PWI.

I am just going to let them believe that it happen. I can understand that no one went to Dball thats my fult as well. So i dont blam him.

That is all: Love Bud
  • Warfare - Sanctuary
    Warfare - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I sincerely hope Tam has a sense of humour wherever she may be and is laughing about this drama. Because this is just a bit much. Instead of setting everyone's differences aside, you all try to make a 'peaceful' event way worse. Would have been better if everyone shut up and just TW'd instead of reading both opposing sides bicker at each other.

Just saying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for posting Bud, I think that was needed.

I'm just gonna repeat myself... nobody's right or wrong here so arguing over it is silly.
    You can't expect/demand everyone to follow a request like this in an MMO with lots of people that didn't really know her. Plus, some people might have used this request as an excuse to avoid a TW.

Likewise, Hoorah didn't need to bid when they saw nobody else bidding. It's just a TW, just a weekend. But it's also not the end of the world because of what I just said above.

Different people will honor her in whatever way they deem right.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You realize all this started from a single picture...it's not like Vinds are coming in droves to accuse on forums or something. Look at all these arguments though! Most players are just "not surprised", fewer will even read this.

So why so defensive? Do you actually care what people think about you?

You're like that one kid who didn't dress up for an occasion, that is all.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1665201

Respect is what it's about.

Rochelle was a nice gal and a good leader, a good player, it hit home when she tragically died because it reminded us all that there are bigger concerns than TW or +12 refines. An ingame funeral was held for her and damn near the ENTIRE server showed up; even rival faction leaders. I've never seen more people in one place, even after the expansions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You had me lost at the word Decency thats actually part of your vocabulary ???

What has me shocked about this is every faction followed through with this except the one that had the most history with Tam. Had Hoorah had one of there own pass and asked for a one weekend of peace I'd would have supported that, now thats Decency take notes Quan.

Tam knew a lot of people from Legendary including myself, and people who are now in Hoorah including you. This is a load of **** and shame on you for making up this lame excuse of fair game BS, you and dball knew how much this meant to Bud.

You just proved my point; she had ties with the people, not the faction as a whole as she had no membership there. There was a TW against the faction, not the people. Just like she knows people in Hoorah but had no loyalties here.

Anyways the only bs here is the people bullying Dball for trying to meet everyone in the middle. If you've never lead a faction of 200 before you have no room to talk... I for one have lead one for close to 6 years and decisions aren't made solely off 1 persons request, it's an overall consensus of 200 different requests.

I personally stand behind whatever the leader decides regardless of personal opinion simply because there's no excuses, simply solutions and difference in opinion. Why don't you just respect that we took your requests into consideration when we decided not to attack Vindi, (which is what you wanted, an excuse not to TW) and went with an alternative solution? We could have just as easily attacked you guys which was our original plan before the request was made, but we didn't so be grateful.

The fact of the matter is that we honored her requests by not TWing vs Vindi, but we still have a responsibility to listen to our own members requests as well. Like it or hate it but we did what we did in consideration of everyone's requests and not just 1 persons request. We obviously can't meet everyone's request at once so we did the best we could. I'm sorry you don't believe in negotiating; you're all take and no give. Do you think you're above everyone else or does your **** not stink? Shame on you.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You realize all this started from a single picture...it's not like Vinds are coming in droves to accuse on forums or something. Look at all these arguments though! Most players are just "not surprised", fewer will even read this.

So why so defensive? Do you actually care what people think about you?

You're like that one kid who didn't dress up for an occasion, that is all.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/51320543.jpg
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Boa__ - Sanctuary
    Boa__ - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I read all this post's and think to myself, what a load of BS. Thank you to TheDan and any Hoorah member who has come to the defense of Dball........ But what a load of BS that is spilling out of you hands to the screen. It's funny how you think we are stupid enough to believe that just because no one came to him regarding the cease fire that he didn't know it was happening or thought it was only regarding Kaku and Vindi. We all know he knew the full details. News travels fast. Just as we all know his twisted mind felt this would be a great opportunity to take land and he could care less about the impact of his actions. And those that stated we are weaker than Hoorah and doing nothing more than using Tam's death as an excuse to not fight. Pssst. Get over yourself. We are well aware that at the moment we are weaker, But you are far far far mistaken to ever think we are afraid to fight Hoorah or any faction for that matter. And to say we are using Tam's death as a excuse is just right down disgusting. Maybe that's how your mind works, but not here. We came together on a day in which we choose not to fight but to reflect instead.

It's just plan stupid this forum was even made and even more stupid that people find it as a opportunity to be ***holes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2014
    I read all this post's and think to myself, what a load of BS. Thank you to TheDan and any Hoorah member who has come to the defense of Dball........ But what a load of BS that is spilling out of you hands to the screen. It's funny how you think we are stupid enough to believe that just because no one came to him regarding the cease fire that he didn't know it was happening or thought it was only regarding Kaku and Vindi. We all know he knew the full details. News travels fast. Just as we all know his twisted mind felt this would be a great opportunity to take land and he could care less about the impact of his actions. And those that stated we are weaker than Hoorah and doing nothing more than using Tam's death as an excuse to not fight. Pssst. Get over yourself. We are well aware that at the moment we are weaker, But you are far far far mistaken to ever think we are afraid to fight Hoorah or any faction for that matter. And to say we are using Tam's death as a excuse is just right down disgusting. Maybe that's how your mind works, but not here. We came together on a day in which we choose not to fight but to reflect instead.

It's just plan stupid this forum was even made and even more stupid that people find it as a opportunity to be ***holes.

if vindi honors the dead with peace, where was GG's peaceful weekend of no tws? hypocrites.
  • Celestris - Sanctuary
    Celestris - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    if vindi honors the dead with peace, where was GG's peaceful weekend of no tws? hypocrites.

I don't know if these are true, but here are a few potential reasons (and none of this is said in order to take away from GGs tragic passing):

1. GG was not a current/active player while Tam was
    2. Tam touched significantly more people than GG did
    3. Tam cared significantly more about TW than GG did

I would think "hypocrites" is not a fair accusation if some of these are true. Though take what I say with a grain of salt as I am a Vindi officer after all.
    edited November 2014
    so a different point was proven then. u guys didnt give a **** about GG. and your #3 is LOL. from your own vindi officer 3. Tam cared significantly more about TW than GG did. How the hell do you honor someone that cared so much about tw by NOT going to tw?
  • blindedbythelight
    blindedbythelight Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe because Vindi. wanted to do something special for Tam? Something out of the ordinary? TWs happens every weekend none stop. Having no TW and a moment a peace for a sweet lady is appropriate. After all, she is a person that is well liked by almost everyone on the server. Why go at war when we can have a moment of peace for a sweet and kind soul.

You can make excuses for bidding all you want. Bud said how Tam's family actually appreciate what the server did for Tam (moment of peace on the server) and couldn't tell them that the moment of peace was broken by a faction. So much for showing decency for the deceased.

If you want to say Vindi should be grateful for Hoorah for not bidding on them.. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK! What a condescending person you are. If anything, this thread cemented my view of Hoorah as band of aholes.

What really sickens me about this is how many Hoorah members are reversing this on a faction who just tried to do something nice for the deceased. It's one TW for pete's sakes, it's not the end of the world but it was the end for a person that we all liked and you all turned this into something it shouldn't.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    can all of you PLEASE just shut up and stop bickering.

stop trying to speak for other people, they have their own ability to make posts regarding their own intentions.

Please do not drag GG into this, it is bad enough Tam's passing is being used to promote the same old beefs that have been raging forever.

it happened, whats done is done. dball is no more an a$$hat than any other TW faction leader can be at times. if you have credible issues with him or shar, then just get at them directly and privately, otherwise have a few seats.

it's over. it happened. no real people were harmed in the making of this past TW weekend. the people you hate right now, you hated last week and will hate next week. Tam's death had nothing to do with it, you will all bear your grudges regardless.

just let it go.
    edited November 2014
    can you see that GG? you aren't special enough to deserve vindi's weekend of peace.
  • blindedbythelight
    edited November 2014
    can you see that GG? you aren't special enough to deserve vindi's weekend of peace.

And you're one of the most despicable person on this thread. GG is dead and here you are trying to stir **** up in his name. Do you have any respect for the the people that passed at all? You are horrible, please go away.
  • Ginoshi - Sanctuary
    Ginoshi - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Maybe because Vindi. wanted to do something special for Tam? Something out of the ordinary? TWs happens every weekend none stop. Having no TW and a moment a peace for a sweet lady is appropriate. After all, she is a person that is well liked by almost everyone on the server. Why go at war when we can have a moment of peace for a sweet and kind soul.

You can make excuses for bidding all you want. Bud said how Tam's family actually appreciate what the server did for Tam (moment of peace on the server) and couldn't tell them that the moment of peace was broken by a faction. So much for showing decency for the deceased.

If you want to say Vindi should be grateful for Hoorah for not bidding on them.. GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK! What a condescending person you are. If anything, this thread cemented my view of Hoorah as band of aholes.

What really sickens me about this is how many Hoorah members are reversing this on a faction who just tried to do something nice for the deceased. It's one TW for pete's sakes, it's not the end of the world but it was the end for a person that we all liked and you all turned this into something it shouldn't.

Do you realize Perfect World International is an online-game and not reality? We are all playing a game. TW is more or less the only fun thing left in the game, TW is the only event many players are even still playing this game for. Besides, why is TW being involved in this case at all? It's a private matter. Bashing on a faction leader for doing the right thing for the players in his faction, maybe I'm the one to say
    GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK!

Sir, grow up and move on already
    R.I.P FMM
    edited November 2014
    i apologize to GG's spirit, family, and friends. i needed to prove a point and i shall no longer stoop so low like vindicate and use people's deaths.
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if these are true, but here are a few potential reasons (and none of this is said in order to take away from GGs tragic passing):

1. GG was not a current/active player while Tam was
    2. Tam touched significantly more people than GG did
    3. Tam cared significantly more about TW than GG did

I would think "hypocrites" is not a fair accusation if some of these are true. Though take what I say with a grain of salt as I am a Vindi officer after all.

http://s.mlkshk-cdn.com/r/3RER
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • nini330
    nini330 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow this is so sad. Even in a tragic moment like this people don't hold off from making wild accusations or bringing up other people's passing as long as it helps them prove their point. Sadly GG and Tam haven't been the only people we've had to witness go. Each one of them impacted more people than the other did so their ingame ceremony was performed differently. Either kept between a small group of friends, faction (hence winning a tw in their memory), or server-wide like in this case. I think most of us can agree Tam did the most, no offense intended to anyone. I'm honestly disgusted to see GG's name been brought up here cus he was a dear friend of mine, more than Tam was but in no way more or less important. This is why all factions were invited (not forced) to participate in a ceasefire non-TW weekend. So we could all mourn her death server-wide. Apparently Hoorah decided not to follow through with this request and show their respect by not attacking Vindi but still continue with their TW campaign attacking elsewhere. Appreciated to some extent but still leaving a bad taste in the mouth for the rest of us. As soon as they started to feel the heat of their decision they proceeded to turn this into a vindi conspiracy to keep lands or whatever other f**d up reason could come up with to try justify it, which is the part that really ticked me off. Honestly what did you expect? It could've all been done quietly, respectfully and in unity for 1 weekend but this was no the case. Some went as far as cracking jokes on WC about it. I think that shows a pretty clear imagine of the type of individuals X factions, or rather "faction", have. I know Tam is grateful to whoever had true good intention which is the only things that matters. Shame on those of you who turned this into an online blood-bath, both vindi and hoorah. Now lets channel all that rage into next tw.

Keep your chin up and eyes opened Sanctuary!

Nuke / MizChinaDoll

Plz mod close this thread.
  • hystericblu
    hystericblu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i wonder why no one else noticed that this is a thread started by a vindicate member with the sole intention of shaming hoorah (by means of emotional extortion). so yes, the thread should already be closed.

objectively, obvious troll bait is obvious. i suppose when you use someone's passing to get some reactions from hoorah members, it's a bit harder to distinguish (not to mention distateful).

posts from vindicate members in this thread are just embarrassing.
    trolling, quantifying the contribution of deceased members, and some newfgs asking why people are being so serious
  • catshop177
    catshop177 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I see no point of making this thread other than asking for drama. I'm sure most people know (if not everybody) that hoorah placed TW bid regardless of cease-fire circumstances.

I won't take any sides here, but I do want to say that let Tam's death be a lesson to us in a positive way. A month ago who could've known that she will not be here with us anymore?

Instead of hating on each other, we should try and make PWI a fun community and enjoy our time we spend playing this game....rather than always hating each other or trying to make other people look bad.

Just remember, whether you knew Tamarlyn or not doesn't matter. She's not with us today. Just try to see it as it could've been one of YOUR close friends you care so much about not here playing PWI today.

Competition in gaming is fine, but it can be a friendly competition. Imagine having a TW weekend without Vindicate faction or without Hoorah faction, would you still enjoy that 3 hours of time? Learn to appreciate each other and have a good time whether playing a game or real life.
    Nobody lives forever. That means YOU are not sure if you will still be here tomorrow either.

R.I.P Tam and thank you for everything. Hopefully you are in a better place now than this hateful world. b:bye
  • blindedbythelight
    edited November 2014
    Do you realize Perfect World International is an online-game and not reality? We are all playing a game. TW is more or less the only fun thing left in the game, TW is the only event many players are even still playing this game for. Besides, why is TW being involved in this case at all? It's a private matter. Bashing on a faction leader for doing the right thing for the players in his faction, maybe I'm the one to say

Sir, grow up and move on already

Okay I'll give you that Dball may be doing the right thing for Hoorah members if they so wanted to tw that week. What is uncalled for is turning this peaceful event between multiple factions on this server into a conspiracy theory using Tam's name. Maybe you need to tell a few members of Hoorah to grow up.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was told TW factions decided not to TW this weekend as a form of "moment of silence" in honor of Tam and people are upset because Hoorah bid.

If people (and you?) are upset then it was not making a request, but a demand. Forcing other people to show sympathy and getting upset when some do not, is just a form of social pressure, a form of coercion. Not leaving other people free to decline is even more disrespectful. People who do not and did not know this "Tam" probably do not care about one individual leaving the game (albeit in an involuntary way) - and those people have no reason to change their routine.

Also, not everyone mourns other people's deaths. Some prefer to celebrate life and get on with such, instead. Yours truly included.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, this thread should have been closed.

Reading the posts I get the impression Tam might have preferred every single faction to bid and everyone to have a really long fun TW weekend with lots of vids and fanfare and merriment and for respect you guys could have held 2min WC memorial at like 7:58pm for people to pay their respects.

Sitting on your arses over that weekend QQing about one faction breaking the no TW request (pretty sure that's coordinating TW between factions and against the ToS but w/e) isn't the best way to remember someone that had such a love for TW.

Also even if someone is that well known throughout the server, the expectation that everyone should abide by a request in her honour, as "that's what she would've wanted" is pretty silly and I'm surprised all the factions that did sit out didn't have additional motivations for doing so, but I'm not from Sanctuary so pass.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If people (and you?) are upset then it was not making a request, but a demand. Forcing other people to show sympathy and getting upset when some do not, is just a form of social pressure, a form of coercion. Not leaving other people free to decline is even more disrespectful. People who do not and did not know this "Tam" probably do not care about one individual leaving the game (albeit in an involuntary way) - and those people have no reason to change their routine.

Also, not everyone mourns other people's deaths. Some prefer to celebrate life and get on with such, instead. Yours truly included.

It really was a troll bait. There's a lot of people that seem to have hate or a passionate dislike towards other people and/or other factions. I actually TW with Hoorah, I don't hate the faction (in case anyone thought I do).

I think neither side was right or wrong though, in my opinion.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This thread is bait. This TW cease-fire was an opportunity for Vindicate to lick their wounds. Been said before a few times, but I'll reiterate, everyone except only the most delusional know that if Vindicate had not been experiencing a bit of a losing streak that they would have fought a TW in Tamarlyn's honor. If you argue it, you're wrong. I mean you're entitled to be wrong, but you're still wrong.

I hope Vindicate steps up this weekend. Maybe a chance to redeem yourselves after using someone's passing as a shameful excuse to avoid a potential beating. You got it honored and still had the gall to come on here and try to bash your rival faction further.
This discussion has been closed.