No Suprise

Templar - Sanctuary
Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Twilight Temple (West)
Post edited by Templar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    whats suprising? that you guys lost last week and now your ally is getting attacked? chin up buttercup.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was told TW factions decided not to TW this weekend as a form of "moment of silence" in honor of Tam and people are upset because Hoorah bid.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *shrug* Says enough about them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    *shrug* Says enough about them.

Couldn't agree more.

Anyone who says "vindi did it cuz they dun wanna tw", is not only disrespectful to the gesture, but totally insane.

True, you don't have to do something nice when someone asks you politely.
    Every other TW faction was happy to oblige.
    For one person, the world has stopped, sometimes it's nice to acknowledge that.
    It's lovely that even in an online community where 99% of the people you meet you will never see in person, that you can still touch someones life enough that they feel the emptiness you leave when you're gone.
    There were 100+ people at the in-game memorial, people from all over the world who can gather in a digital place, who can't always gather in person, and I still find that so amazing.

Read Bud's post later in this thread, the gesture truly touched Tam's IRL family, and that feels like it was worth it 100x over.
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Then fight in honor!
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was told TW factions decided not to TW this weekend as a form of "moment of silence" in honor of Tam and people are upset because Hoorah bid.

Not being insensitive but, the world doesn't stop when rl things happen. Having a moment of silence on a game is absurd, you're simply asking for drama and trolls, and carrying that moment of silence over to Saturday is just silly. Everyone knows that everyone will still be on the game doing whatever else they're doing. If you consider the game a fight then I can understand the need for a pause, but if you consider the game a fun way to spend your time carry on having fun. It's really about perspective and how seriously you take the game.
  • Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not being insensitive but, the world doesn't stop when rl things happen. Having a moment of silence on a game is absurd, you're simply asking for drama and trolls, and carrying that moment of silence over to Saturday is just silly. Everyone knows that everyone will still be on the game doing whatever else they're doing. If you consider the game a fight then I can understand the need for a pause, but if you consider the game a fun way to spend your time carry on having fun. It's really about perspective and how seriously you take the game.

this guy understands. The attacking clan did nothing wrongb:bye
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Actually there was no getting together of faction leaders. There was a request made in wc and that is all. So what Is actually no surprise is that this post was made. Good job Templar
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014

Not sure if you're referring to me, since you quoted me, or just people in general xD though I was just passing the message in case people are confused about the screenshot/link. I'm neutral to both sides.
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not sure if you're referring to me, since you quoted me, or just people in general xD though I was just passing the message in case people are confused about the screenshot/link. I'm neutral to both sides.

People in general.
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When I heard about the cease fire I thought only one thing...surely they wont...surely they have the decency not to

But you guys will even go as far as to ABUSE the passing of someone, which is a tragic event and should be treated as such, in ur -snip- made-up psychological warfare against Hoorah. You know why we play this game? For fun, for stress relief, for distraction, we are here to PLAY a game, for you guys to use every possible moment to milk it just to feel better about urself by trying ur hardest to make other people look bad is straight up disgusting...a ''cease fire'' (who is at war? last time I checked we're just playing a game with eachother) in honor of the passing of someone that loved to TW, is straight up abusing someones death to push ur own envellop and if you guys really feel this way about TW (its a war?) then please stop playing the game, ur in the wrong place, -snip-

Now poor uncle Dbilly is all stressed as **, because the poor man doesnt know what to do, some random-*** dude is trying to force him to tell his members to stop having fun and deny them this stress relief and distraction, which for some people is a good way to deal with a loss like this. He can already see the spam in world chat about how Hoorah is a -snip- faction because we didnt honor the cease fire ''in honor of Tam''. Matter of fact Dball did his best to find a path in the middle (AGAINST EVERYONES SUGGESTION) and attack neither Vindicate nor Kakumau (which were the factions Tam was in).

-snip-

Im not usually one to get mad, actually I dont remember the last time I did, I love trolling people and I love gettin trolled back, nothing I say is serious and I take the stuff said to me serious, but for you guys to abuse the tragic passing of someone as yet another weapon in ur -snip- psychologic warfare is straight up disgusting -snip-

Now to address the passing of Tam, I didnt know her, Ive shared a few moments with her on this game, but I wish the best to Budweiser and the people that were actually close with her on a personal level. I hope your last moments with her were nice ones and ur able to leave her behind with a satisfied heart and with peace in ur mind, leaving no room for regret.

- qontroL

also keep in mind Im in no way representing the opinion of my faction, this is my opinion and mine alone, before you start using this -snip- too...you can hate me all u want -snip-
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • minato677
    minato677 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014

agreed b:surrender
  • Ginoshi - Sanctuary
    Ginoshi - Sanctuary Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In-game funeral next upcoming feature, who's in?

On a serious note, did everyone in this community start this game to actually live in it as it's between life or death, or to play the game for your own enjoyment? Cease fire... please b:surrender send a personal email to PWE and ask them to launch a private funeral instead for you crybabies who involves TW in this matter
    R.I.P FMM
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So they decided to continue fighting....
    Just because a request was made, doesn't mean that it has to be adhered to. For those who knew that individual (or wish to pay respects in some way) and were willing to oblige, that's good on them, but you cannot expect all parties to be willing to play along.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Jelloid - Sanctuary
    Jelloid - Sanctuary Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    You know what... if the tables were turned Vindi would have done exactly the same thing. Same **** different smell

I am so friggin sick of you guys using Hoorah as a scapegoat especially this late into the game. As someone said earlier, people play to escape from a likely not-so-fun real life and to base the actions of Hoorah on 'disrespecting' Tammy is abhorrent. Like it or not, the game is not real life; it does not 'stop' when real life goes wrong. I thought you guys were all mature enough to be able to draw the line between real life problems and ingame problems but I guess not.

We are mourning the loss of a great woman. Please don't turn this into a blame game over shoddy pixels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yall so silly lol. Even though I didn't know her I did see her in arch alot and it's sad knowing that the actual Tam won't be on ever again because she "left" us, but not everyone feels the same way we are all different. If she loved tw isn't it more of an insult to her not to tw? I'm sure she would want everyone to have fun in honor of her. It's a game war not real life war. If I was gone I'd want everyone to pk because I love pk, but doubtful that would happen since everyone is basically pve nubs :3 joking... I'm actually not. While the rest of you are basically insulting her by not doing something I'm told she loved to do, Hoorah will be celebrating her in game life. No I am not biased I hate hoorah actually, but I'm happy they chose to tw this week.

-TitaniaErzaa
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really? I don't play the game much anymore but I knew Tam for 5 years and even though her and I went our own ways after I shut Regi down I still respected her. I'm offended that so many people are trying to play victim for people simply wanting to enjoy TW like they should in a game. Don't even pretend for a minute that you guys care about her if you didn't even know her.

Templar, you fall into the 99% of the people pointing fingers that didn't even know her personally. It's no surprise that you don't respect her, if you actually knew her, you'd know she never once missed a TW in 5 years even when she was sick. She absolutely loved TW and wouldn't miss one to save the world. If you guys think for one minute that you are honoring her by canceling TW then you're just proving that you really don't know her at all or care about her. Do you really honestly think that's what she wanted? Really? Yeah, I thought so.

If you actually wanted to honor her you'd be fighting to win TW for her, not trying to make excuses and rob people of the fun she felt so passionately about. You guys would be attacking us right now if you were stronger than us, but you aren't so you are spitting on her by trying to guilt trip people into canceling TW, her favorite aspect of the game. Hoorah didn't even attack Vindi this week out of respect. Hoorah is the only faction that actually respected Tam by enjoying TW for what it is, a game.

Do yourselves a favor and stop making an *** of yourselves for using her passing as a weapon and excuses to harass people, that's just pathetic and degrading. If you want to talk **** then talk ****, but don't drag her name through the mud when you're doing so. I truly feel bad for her that this has happened. RIP Tam.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Really? I don't play the game much anymore but I knew Tam for 5 years and even though her and I went our own ways after I shut Regi down I still respected her. I'm offended that so many people are trying to play victim for people simply wanting to enjoy TW like they should in a game. Don't even pretend for a minute that you guys care about her if you didn't even know her.

Templar, you fall into the 99% of the people pointing fingers that didn't even know her personally. It's no surprise that you don't respect her, if you actually knew her, you'd know she never once missed a TW in 5 years even when she was sick. She absolutely loved TW and wouldn't miss one to save the world. If you guys think for one minute that you are honoring her by canceling TW then you're just proving that you really don't know her at all or care about her. Do you really honestly think that's what she wanted? Really? Yeah, I thought so.

If you actually wanted to honor her you'd be fighting to win TW for her, not trying to make excuses and rob people of the fun she felt so passionately about. You guys would be attacking us right now if you were stronger than us, but you aren't so you are spitting on her by trying to guilt trip people into canceling TW, her favorite aspect of the game. Hoorah didn't even attack Vindi this week out of respect. Hoorah is the only faction that actually respected Tam by enjoying TW for what it is, a game.

Do yourselves a favor and stop making an *** of yourselves for using her passing as a weapon and excuses to harass people, that's just pathetic and degrading. If you want to talk **** then talk ****, but don't drag her name through the mud when you're doing so. I truly feel bad for her that this has happened. RIP Tam.

Exactly this is my same viewpoint. Forgot rip. RIP Tam ^^<3 <3
    -TitaniaErzaa
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014

People grieve however they grieve Dan, memorials are for the living, not the dead

When Nephy passed, as her "family", Pinnacle honored her memory by taking Stairway to Heaven that week, led by Tam

As Tam's "family", Vindicate requested a ceasefire for this weekends TW, a "moment of silence" so to speak

I've known Tam just as long as you, and while I agree with how she felt about TW, I also know of her history with Dball, and lets just say him being the one to break the "moment of silence" leaves a very bad taste in my mouth

Let's do Tam a solid Legends, let's beat Hoorah's *** tomorrow night, in her honor
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    People grieve however they grieve Dan, memorials are for the living, not the dead

When Nephy passed, as her "family", Pinnacle honored her memory by taking Stairway to Heaven that week, led by Tam

As Tam's "family", Vindicate requested a ceasefire for this weekends TW, a "moment of silence" so to speak

I've known Tam just as long as you, and while I agree with how she felt about TW, I also know of her history with Dball, and lets just say him being the one to break the "moment of silence" leaves a very bad taste in my mouth

Let's do Tam a solid Legends, let's beat Hoorah's *** tomorrow night, in her honor

Not that there was a formal agreement ever made, but vindi and hoorah not fighting each other is already a ceasefire, hoorah and leg are unrelated to Tam though so I'm not sure whats being broken, they're completely Seperate wars. A ceasefire with vindi was honored, but everyone else is fair game IMO, tam was never part of leg, so not sure how hoorah and leg TWing has anything to do with Tam and her family which was never in leg of hoorah

• Monkeytoes - Sanctuary
    Monkeytoes - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    respect and common decency generally don't require a formal agreement

from Sharrana's post on the vindi forums...
    "I have requested that all sanctuary faction leaders observe one weekend without TW in memory of Tamarlyn. No Bids have been made this week yet. So, I hope all faction leaders will observe it."

note the ALL, mentioned not once but twice

note also that Hoorah was the only faction to place a bid, ALL of the other factions respected vindi's request

granted, as you said, there was no formal agreement....distasteful and disrespectful all the same
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Technically there was a ceasefire I believe, just there was a misunderstanding that hoorah thought the ceasefire was more toward vindi/hoorah. At least that is the benefit of the doubt I give them.
    Although its hard to dig that out when you get some stupid pple disregarding the way a faction would like to honor someones death. As it stands everyone has their own way of mourning and, only thing is consideration can go a long way when a tragedy out of 'pixel' happens. And if it was really a misunderstanding then it just makes hoorah look worse by trying to justify their actions. Hoorah was never a scapegoat, its always your own actions that make you pity yourself to think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    Everyone's being a bit of a hypocrite about this really. Yes, that might include myself too deep inside.

You can't expect everyone in a game to follow a request like that, especially not the people that weren't really related to her in some way (friends, faction). And I know deep down it was probably an excuse for some people to skip TW, which is disgusting.

At the same time, it wasn't the end of the world if Hoorah didn't bid for a week. As far as I know Legendary is weaker than Hoorah so it won't be much of a TW (I could be wrong, of course, but that's just how I see it).
    I can see that Hoorah avoided attacking Vindicate/Kakumau which is a nice thing to do though.

So, can you drop this topic and stop being ***** to each other because nobody is right or wrong here, and it's really stupid to be making a drama out of this.
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Lets take a step back and look what it really going on here.

The leader of Vindicate posted on their own private forums (genious) about a cease-fire. He said they wanna get together to mourn for their loss instead during the time of TW. Whatever the reason for this time being picked is doesnt matter.

So apparently its a Vindicate issue, well Vindicate good news, you have no TW this weekend, we gave u guys the opportunity to do what u wished to do, for which u should be very thankful towards Dball, because not everyone agreed with this but he literally begged for understanding and felt this was necessary.

Now I have not heard any statement whatshowever from Skuttlebutt, or from Dball, about a cease-fire. So it seems to me like both these factions have decided to take a different approach than Vindicate, which is up to them, because they are their own faction, what the leader of Vindicate says doesnt mean anything to them.

Now Vindicate is mad, because we arranged a TW which has absolutely nothing to do with them, they are in no way related or involved in this TW, but they feel like they must call us out on this.

Now here's what u guys dont understand, Vindicate doesnt say what happens on the server, they can say what happens in their faction. Without ever asking Dball they planned for a cease-fire and Dball respected that. The fact there is a TW between Hoorah and Legendary has literally nothing at all to do with Vindicate...

So here is my suggestion :) Ur faction leader choose to post something that involved the whole server on ur own private forum. You guys choose to post something that doesnt involve you guys at all on the public forums, I would kindly suggest you take ur nonsense to ur own private forums, where u can **** n moan n QQ all u want.

Because from the way I look at it, you guys came here for one reason and one reason only, and that is to QQ at us, for allowing u a free night on saturday by not attacking you guys but attacking someone else instead, so you guys can pay ur respect.

Now I realise social interraction can be hard for some, but the right words to be posted here are:

Thank you Hoorah for not attacking us Saturday, we apoligize for not directly contacting you with this request or making a public statement, but we are happy you were nice enough to do it anyway.

And if you said that we wouldve told you that you are welcome, this weekend will be disappointing TW wise, but we'll be sure to make up for it the week after :)

See? No drama, just normal interraction, you get to do what u wanted, we dont get to do what we wanted, but out of respect for ur wish decided to yield and give u guys the week off.

Now if legendary wanted the week off aswell then perhaps Skuttlebutt shouldve spoken up, but he didnt, I dont see any post anywhere, nor do I hear him complain about the TW.

- qontroL

Sorry VenusArmani I hope u wont have to snip much here ^-^ My utter disgust with how people on this server choose to manipulate stuff that should never ever be manipulated to make other people look bad got me a little worked up. I always thought this server had quite a mature enviroment so seeing this come out from people I used to respect is quite shocking.
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Rfskkirby - Sanctuary
    Rfskkirby - Sanctuary Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I fail to see what business hoorah people would have to even look in Vindicate forums? Does the whole server think we should be looking at other factions forums to observe news? Who gives a **** who dies IRL. Its none of our problems so dont make it one. The "request" to not TW this week is a bunch of **** because 1, it was posted on vindicates own personal forum, which people who are not in vindicate, have no business in viewing. 2, its a game, play the game for the game don't bring IRL into it. 3. No one has to give a **** about other peoples IRL problems, get over it care bears
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    It's pretty disrespectful that expectations were made and demanded when the request made was too half assed to be made a public request to begin with, then creating a huge stink about it afterwards when it wasn't followed... How dare you?

You guys should be thanking Hoorah for meeting the request half way even though the same would not have been done for us in the same situation and there was no common decency to inform or forewarn anyone ahead of time when people already made plans for the week. Instead a half assed post gets made on a private forum during TW bidding.

Dball had members who wanted TW, some didn't, and he met everyone half way, so before you open your mouths again be grateful that it was even considered when a decision was made to satisfy all sides because I certainly don't have a reason to log in for another week now.

• coolstorm
    coolstorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There was a request to observe a moment of silence by not conducting any TW this weekend to honor Tam's passing.

Hoorah decided to not comply, for them fighting is a better way of honoring her. Difference of opinion, nothing else. Let's move on and stop pointing fingers.

This thread and most of the comments in it are disrespectful to the memory of Tam.

I ask that mod close this and all threads alike.
  • Ginoshi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    coolstorm wrote: »
    There was a request to observe a moment of silence by not conducting any TW this weekend to honor Tam's passing.

Hoorah decided to not comply, for them fighting is a better way of honoring her. Difference of opinion, nothing else. Let's move on and stop pointing fingers.

This thread and most of the comments in it are disrespectful to the memory of Tam.

I ask that mod close this and all threads alike.

It's a game, not reality. If you want to honor her, do so where it actually matters - IRL.

Try to read what others are saying here instead. If you can't honor her passing IRL and want to do it in PWI, you'd do what she wanted everyone to do - to TW. You're just being ignorant.
    R.I.P FMM
  • coolstorm
    coolstorm Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It's a game, not reality. If you want to honor her, do so where it actually matters - IRL.

Try to read what others are saying here instead. If you can't honor her passing IRL and want to do it in PWI, you'd do what she wanted everyone to do - to TW. You're just being ignorant.

Your post is an ignorant rant, attacking what you don't understand. Move on...
  • Ginoshi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    coolstorm wrote: »
    Your post is an ignorant rant, attacking what you don't understand. Move on...

Trying to see it as if there are two different views of this is ignorance to me, as well as one of the sides you're refering to.
    R.I.P FMM
This discussion has been closed.