World Chat Monitors

poisonousarrows
poisonousarrows Posts: 5 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
I'm on the Dreamweaver server. I know most call it the Dramaweaver Server and with just cause.

This last week has been crazy drama though.

If people are willing to monitor world chat for free for PWI having priority access when submitting tickets, why wont PWI consider this?

Just this week, someone got mad at someone else, world chatted about all kinds of sexual stuff, and even stated in world chat that none of us would be able to block all of their toons they had to world chat from. Wanting us to vote if the faction they were in should kick that person because this person was butt hurt. How stupid is that right?

Then today we get another fool who got mad at someone else and started world chatting their personal info, their real name, address, phone number. And they stated that they had another toon that was banned and did not care. They also bragged about how many toons they had to world chat from. This person is more than stupid because they said in world chat its public information from the white pages. Well not only is it against PWI Terms of Service, the last I checked, I can't type anyone's toon name in the white pages and get all their personal information to come up.

PWI does not do anything when you submit tickets, so why wont they allow world chat monitors?
If not, they should make our block list limitless.

These are just 2 of the stupid people on Dreamweaver, this is a daily drama world chat server.
Post edited by poisonousarrows on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hi, welcome to the average PWI server, have a seat, take some popcorn and enjoy the ride.

Also, these kind of people tend to keep going because people are feeding them (aka responding to them on world chat).

Give them no attention, problem solved.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • tmllover
    tmllover Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I understand your frustration but,

PWE cant even monitor these forums, they have other people do it for them. They will never monitor in game chat anymore because they play neverwinter, and do not have time for pwi anymore.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Working on something for this!

Keep your eye in Suggestion Box. In the mean time look up the GA Thread HERE!

The new one will be a comple revamp of this orignal idea. But more to the point.
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Children will be children.

Also, you are not obligated to read what you don't want to read. There are alotof ways to avoid it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kitty noticed nothing weird in that, sounds like casual day on Raging Trolls.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We had something like this started when Val was here. But the program got ditched when he left unfortunately.

The people working here now are working for too many other games and frankly, can't be bothered to care. They have too much to deal with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • gamer4jesus
    gamer4jesus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I rem one time some years ago, i reported 2 players.

Within 5 minutes a GM appeared infront of me, and banned both of them.

b:victory
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    When I read the title of your thread I thought you were going to propose a world chat monitor in which you set a key word (like "PV 95" for example) and it alerts you every time that key word is cited in world chat. xD
  • twistedthings
    twistedthings Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    awsome idea for having a wc monitor, but pwi lacks the staff plus they have how many games out now, most of the new games get their focus, because lets face it, thats where the money is. I play on dreamweaver and have to say this is nothing new. who remember "BBB" from the bad days lol, and the person who supposedly released the personal info, tech didnt violate any laws, seeing how it is publive info, now it may be a bannable offense but again pwi has little to no staff for pwi. I remeber some weeks ago when a GM logged for maint, and this "trooper of doom"(cant name shame) was wcing till servers went down and stood right beside the GM in west arch. nothing has been done, nor will it sadly, best thing to do is Black List/ don't squad with such people.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm on the Dreamweaver server. I know most call it the Dramaweaver Server and with just cause.

If people are willing to monitor world chat for free for PWI having priority access when submitting tickets, why wont PWI consider this?

Just this week, someone got mad at someone else, world chatted about all kinds of sexual stuff, and even stated in world chat that none of us would be able to block all of their toons they had to world chat from. Wanting us to vote if the faction they were in should kick that person because this person was butt hurt. How stupid is that right?

When I played PW-MY, we had community leaders. These leaders would work together to stop this type of thing by by telling their guild to flip to another tab and if they were selling teles to temporary take them out of their shops.

They'd also say in WC they would like to see others also click to another tab or block the person and please do not respond to them.

When you have respected community leaders doing this - the rest do fall into place. And on the servers I've played in PWI, there is a strong community that could pull this off.

I've long said that each servers strongest guilds need to ban together to stop this nonsense - and help patrol the servers.

Community is strong in PWI, I can see this being done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Then today we get another fool who got mad at someone else and started world chatting their personal info, their real name, address, phone number. And they stated that they had another toon that was banned and did not care. They also bragged about how many toons they had to world chat from. This person is more than stupid because they said in world chat its public information from the white pages. Well not only is it against PWI Terms of Service, the last I checked, I can't type anyone's toon name in the white pages and get all their personal information to come up.

PWI does not do anything when you submit tickets, so why wont they allow world chat monitors?
    If not, they should make our block list limitless.

These are just 2 of the stupid people on Dreamweaver, this is a daily drama world chat server.

At least you have just 2, Archo server is every 3rd person like that immature/spammers and so on. Personally i just have Faction chat open so wouldn't have to see world chat unless i need something from there and if there's drama there i will just blacklist them, there's still plenty of people apart those...But yeah it really starts to feel like pwe is abandoning pwi because you won't see a GM in forums unless something reaaaaaaally bad happens like server completely crashes and such. Would be a joke to ask if they could do something about world chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The only solution to the problem is not to have WC up.
    I edited my squad and faction chat tabs to not have WC displayed, so I mostly just keep those up when I'm not looking for a squad so I don't see that kind of stuff.

I'd kinda like to see something like a "global mute request button" where if enough people click on a name in WC to press the button, the offending player gets a global mute to shut them up for an hour or so, where they can still waste their teles on shouting, but no one will see it. I know some people who would be perma-muted and that might not be such a bad idea b:chuckle
  • Ahmas - Archosaur
    Ahmas - Archosaur Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    plenty of people on archo who ***** and cuss and insult others in wc a millions times a day. it's been years and still no bans. and these people bash factions, players, calling everyone stupid ****ing *******, **** and ****** and hookers. and u wouldnt believe all the sex talk and prostitution.
    but ya see any bans? nope, never. report all ya want, no one will do a thing. people will forget when new drama comes around because pwi wc is better than tv.
    "if youre not IN the drama, it's the best thing in the world to watch" - been hearing that for years, even in rl over teenage drama in high school
    Seekers = OP DD Clerics b:dirty

avi fail, lvl 101 char >.>
  • zuzanny
    zuzanny Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Black list or turning of wc works last time I looked. As for personal info being wc'ed, that person should have never given their info to begin with. If I were a business I certainly would not waste my resourses on monitors. We are not children and do not need monitors, even though children do play this game it is up to the parents to control what the children are doing and if they arent then..Oh well. I am sure all parents know that the internet is a dangerous place. As for me....I get a kick out of wc and as 1 person put it: sit back and have some popcorn" If the ugliness of wc really gets to you forget the ticket system and just call them. Whenever I had a problem thats what I did and got an answer right away. But I also got an answer through the ticket system it just took a little longer. As far as PWI goes I have had nothing but good experiences with them.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I like how people are trying to censor the rights of others.

If you don't like what someone has to say, blacklist them. And if you then still have a problem, then the problem is YOU, and maybe you should play a different game. People have the right to convey their ideas and wants in world chat, just like you do.
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    World Chat? That must be the chat component I view only when I'm looking for a squad; otherwise, I'm in squad, faction, or whisper mode.

There's little else more annoying than witnessing a bunch of immature attention seekers carrying on about hopelessly inconsequential (or improbable) circumstances. Nothing sadder than people who think being good at some silly video game actually accounts for something meaningful. Pixelated pizzing contests.

But like the previous poster said, people do have the right to make complete fools of themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Kitty noticed nothing weird in that, sounds like casual day on Raging Trolls.b:cute

HAHAHAAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAA

OMG I laughed so loud when i saw this +1 .

And Ya PWI should freaking care more, this is total BS ... I've sent a ticket before showing SS for wht this person listed about my personal info on Common chat and PWI did nothing to them.

Even I proved its **** info from old charge purchase . and still they didn't do anything .

The common chat and wc need monitors to watch it there is too much going on from insults/harassing and so on . I dont ****ing get why we have monitors for the useless site and we dont have for the game it self .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • xnms
    xnms Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    These people pay money for tellies so that they can chat in world chat, I am sure that each of them thinks they have something important to say. What they probably don't realize is that they are paying to have the rest of Perfect World laugh at them.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    xnms wrote: »
    These people pay money for tellies so that they can chat in world chat, I am sure that each of them thinks they have something important to say. What they probably don't realize is that they are paying to have the rest of Perfect World laugh at them.

Yes it is amusing at times and other times down right annoying when trying to make squads. I do not think much can be done to stop it even if send ticket would be days before it was delt with and by that time they would be on to new drama