Haven't been on here in 4 years, what's new?

Options
Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
Kurosuke - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
Greetings folks, haven't been around this forum (or the game) in a long 4+ years. I was on Heaven's Tear in the Enrage guild (taking a break from being a white knight to enjoy being a thug, was fun as hell). Man did I enjoy this game -- HT was a PvE server but the PvP was still great, always a good fight somewhere and most of my friends went white-name 24/7. Good times.

Wondering what has changed here since then. Looks like the game changed hands to a company who specializes in running lots of old MMOs. I assume they don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on in the servers, etc.

My main question for those still here -- did they ever fix the horribly overpowered Veno+Nix? That killed the game when I was playing -- high-level str Veno with Nix could kill anyone with a single combo. After all the incredibly hard work I put in to build my char, all the money I spent on gems (even knowing the gem system was pretty much rigged to make it P2W), suddenly anyone who could buy the feathers could get a Nix and one-shot me. We were all excited that fairies would fix it and they did not -- just made gameplay way more complicated and gave the tiniest, more useless buffs ever. When it got so 2 venos could kick the **** out of 6 non-venos in PvP and wars were decided almost solely by how many venos you recruited, I quit. Gave all my equipment to my guild and moved on.

Does the game still have those dumb fairies? Did they increase cap? Were there any new lands or dimensions after heaven/hell?

Damn I miss this game, good times. Feeling sentimental (:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Kurosuke - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kurosuke - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lol my sig is still in here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I assume they don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on in the servers, etc.

This is obviously due to their focus being more and more on the games cash flow into the game shop.

Welcome back, but I regret to inform you that some of the servers are almost abandoned (Harshlands) and Heavens Tears is slowly becoming a land of folks standing around holding up walls, as they converse or are logged playing another game.

While I've always been a supporter of PWI, just this week I've taken to friends to the other game I play because of their sheer desperation to try to make money in a game w/o spending real money or time they simply do not have.

This has become a game where you sincerely must designate either a enormous amount of spending or time farming. And even if you are successful at farming, not many have the coinage to purchase from you.

Things pushed to the back that should've always been in the forefront - such as ensuring even low levels have something meaningful they can do in the game that has quick results (to make $ or gain status or etc).

Methods by which anyone can move through the game and work their way up to OP w/o sacrificing friends, community, guild - and simply are logging the game > running instances after instances and then hoping... their mats eventually sell.

What can I say... you try to deny what is happening... you keep hoping it corrects. But as in all bad marriages, eventually..... there must be either reconciliation on both sides or a separation and divorce.

I left once.. deleted... promised I'd never come back. When I did, I had fun... but then things begin to segway back.. to as they were.

My personal suggestion would be - is to accept the game as it is, and know it is definitely one sided. With the players giving giving giving .. and the game ... taking taking taking...

We keep hoping they will see... but they don't.... we are in such denial.. aren't we.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is obviously due to their focus being more and more on the games cash flow into the game shop.

I think that was always the case in PW to be honest. It wasn't that they never ran events or released new items, but there was always the impression that the game's primary purpose was to suck cash out of players with a minimum investment in support.

Up until the point where I had spent several thousand dollars on gemming my gear and was being 1-shot killed in every PvP, I did really love the game though. Shame it is wasting away.

Maybe I will fire up my gaming rig and wander around town and say hi tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    there was always the impression that the game's primary purpose was to suck cash out of players
    This is the primary purpose of every f2p MMO with a micro-transaction system. PWE is just more blatantly obvious about it.
  • WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
    WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    if you have been gone from this game for four years, you will not recognize it. any longer. Soooo much has changed.

You have much farming to do, and/or cash to spend if you want to get back to where you are competitive in PvP

tons of new stuff to do, new races to explore and complain about. new systems to learn to give stat increases, rebirthing to elarn about, new area like Morai and Primal.

Welcome back if you are stayingb:pleased
    edited November 2014
    Options
    This is the primary purpose of every f2p MMO with a micro-transaction system. PWE is just more blatantly obvious about it.

Too true, shouldn't point the finger at PWI in particular. At least they didn't allow much botting -- way better than other f2p's where the entire landscape was covered with a sea of goldbots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathbytuna
    deathbytuna Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Greetings folks, haven't been around this forum (or the game) in a long 4+ years. I was on Heaven's Tear in the Enrage guild (taking a break from being a white knight to enjoy being a thug, was fun as hell). Man did I enjoy this game -- HT was a PvE server but the PvP was still great, always a good fight somewhere and most of my friends went white-name 24/7. Good times.

Wondering what has changed here since then. Looks like the game changed hands to a company who specializes in running lots of old MMOs. I assume they don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on in the servers, etc.

My main question for those still here -- did they ever fix the horribly overpowered Veno+Nix? That killed the game when I was playing -- high-level str Veno with Nix could kill anyone with a single combo. After all the incredibly hard work I put in to build my char, all the money I spent on gems (even knowing the gem system was pretty much rigged to make it P2W), suddenly anyone who could buy the feathers could get a Nix and one-shot me. We were all excited that fairies would fix it and they did not -- just made gameplay way more complicated and gave the tiniest, more useless buffs ever. When it got so 2 venos could kick the **** out of 6 non-venos in PvP and wars were decided almost solely by how many venos you recruited, I quit. Gave all my equipment to my guild and moved on.

Does the game still have those dumb fairies? Did they increase cap? Were there any new lands or dimensions after heaven/hell?

Damn I miss this game, good times. Feeling sentimental (:

dude if your anything like tt99 gold still your a one shot for anyone now man.Reawaken nix/hercs,armors and weapons,r9rr,etc etc,skills blah blahhhh,you think it was bad with nixes lol now its just pure chaos!And im sure the shards you had compaired to now were pretty bad :/ if your talkin bout 2009ish style.
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dude if your anything like tt99 gold still your a one shot for anyone now

Actually, it would be pretty hard to get back into the game with my main now because I gave away every single thing on my char except his fashion, a mount I didn't feel like sticking back in the egg, and stuff that can't be dropped. Zero gold, no armor, no weapon -- I logged on and punched mobs to death until I could buy a beginner bow b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well to begin with, the game IS NOT like it was 4 years ago.

List below:

Cash shoppers:

They rule this game. Don't expect to get the best gear without spending endless amount of hours for it.

Auto Bot:

You can set your character to auto-bot for 8 hours and auto loot. Before the last expansion, it was unlimited 24 hours, and next expansion in January all DQ prices will drop to 1 coin so auto bot will bring MINIMUM profit and in return it made every item you can buy go up in price. Press CTRL+F12 to open up the auto bot menu. Easy to figure out.

No gold being sold in AH:

Players set up bots to go on 24/7 so coins became super easy to farm and afford things, you didn't need to charge gold.

G16/R9RR:

Best gear at the moment. Anything below will make you a one shot, and even G16 is a one shot to R9RRs.

Frostcoovered City:

No longer hyper-able. You can't power level now, you must do quests and dailies. But you may remember FC as a gear-instance. It was changed. All mats from bosses removed, and it became an XP instance with hypers for x12 XP boost easy fast leveling. Bosses can still drop the gold level 85 gold and green FC gear BUT it's a very low % chance.

Quests:

They have been made SUPER easy for low levels. Mob counts have gone down insanely to make it faster and the XP on quests has been raised for them(but not to the point of power leveling status).

Reawakening:

Once you hit level 100, you can "reawaken" in order to unlock the primal expansion. You will have to relevel again from 1 but there are benefits. All RB players on first reawakening get a x4 XP boost to ALL quests and mobs they kill between the levels of 1-99(stops at 100), and it stacks with hypers. Also, you gain extra skill points. 100 = 20, 101 = 25, 102 =35, 103=45, 104 = 55, 105 = 76. You must reawaken twice in order to get the full set of skills from primal, the second reawakening gives x3.5 XP boost to all quests and mobs, 0.5 less from the first one. People have been able to get from reawakening levels 1-100 in only a few days doing everything possible for XP. You will also obtain access to a very profitable and great instance that offers Old Book Pages and Pages of Fate x30 a day so you can get MOST of your sage/demon skills for FREE(small crafting fee for pages).

"Spirit" status:

Press C, look under character menu for the "Spirit: " status. This is a new reawakening feature, it will give you extra attack and defense levels based on the following 2 scenarios: PVE: 1 attack and defense level per 100 spirit points. PVP: 1 bonus attack and defense level per 10 spirit points.

Primal world passive skills:

Passive skills that increase damage from skills by 20% max, Physical Defense and Elemental Defense by 80% at max, and crit skill passive, I haven't maxed this one out but I believe it's in the 10-15%. They DO NOT work with basic attacks, only skills.

Primal world normal skills:

These skills combine 2 of your current skills(at sage/demon status for most unless the max is 10), and make it a brand new skill with the effects of both prior skills - but hits MUCH harder.

Next expansion:

We are obtaining 2 new classes in January, and a new system called "Mobile Casting". One of the 2 new class can cast most of their skills while running.

Earthguard Classes:

2 new classes we got in 2012. Seekers and Mystics. Make them and see if you like them.

Venomancer's Hercules and Phoenix(and the worst part):

Veno's pets are but a tickle in PVP now. R9RR squashes them in 1 single shot. Also, there are 2 new venomancer legendary pets. The Harpy which is an AOE ranged pet made for PVE, and the Monkey King, a PVP based pet with a LOT of stuns and things to help it survive, but don't fret....they cost 225gold each so it's rare to even see one.

Nation Wars:

This is a bi-weekly PVP event. Friday and Sunday at 8:20-10:20 server time. You get rewarded contribution based on many factors: Taking damage, dealing damage, turning in the flag, how many players you've killed, how long you have been in a battle, and many other things. This is a 60+ event and even low levels can get a heft amount of NW tokens. You can exchange them for things like Rapture Crystals, Uncanny Crystals, Seals of War(to make the Emperor Tome, int, chan, +45 all stats minus one), G16 upgrades of older gear, and so on. Visit North Arch to see the forges. Find a friendly squad to teach you NW.

New Abbadon and Seat of Torment:

They were redesigned. Now they give free HP shards and other things via a weekly quest. Old bosses have been revamped, and new bosses have been added.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Frostcoovered City:

No longer hyper-able. You can't power level now, you must do quests and dailies. But you may remember FC as a gear-instance. It was changed. All mats from bosses removed, and it became an XP instance with hypers for x12 XP boost easy fast leveling. Bosses can still drop the gold level 85 gold and green FC gear BUT it's a very low % chance.
    Hypers didn't exist back then and Frost was changed to an EXP instance long before hypers existed as well.

So any points about Frost to someone who's been gone for 4+ years is rather moot as Frost, as the newer players have come to know it, didn't exist outside of being a difficult gear instance that was changed to an easier EXP instance where you could earn a quick 1-2m EXP or so. Without (at the time nonexistent) hypers.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Hypers didn't exist back then and Frost was changed to an EXP instance long before hypers existed as well.

So any points about Frost to someone who's been gone for 4+ years is rather moot as Frost, as the newer players have come to know it, didn't exist outside of being a difficult gear instance that was changed to an easier EXP instance where you could earn a quick 1-2m EXP or so. Without (at the time nonexistent) hypers.

Oh, I joined in 2011 so I wasn't there for FC when it was a gear-instance. I've only heard stories about it.