Boss won't drop items?

Options
olen
olen Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
(Posting this in beginner forum since I only started playing a couple weeks ago and I'm generally still confused about a lot of stuff.)

I'm lv 49 so I went back and solo'd the Den of Rabid Wolves so I could mark off a couple quests, because I didn't look for a squad to beat it when I was a lower level. Rend Razorjaw dropped some cool items, but they weren't useful for my class. Then I got the minister arcane armor as a quest reward for beating it. So that was okay.

But then I wanted to go try and get some more minister arcane armor to drop, so I decided to try Firecrog Grotto. But when I beat the boss there, no items dropped. Thought it was maybe a fluke, or because I did two dungeons in one day, so I tried again today but did the Cave of Vicious with Poison Tail Occultist. Beat Poison Tail Occultist, but no items dropped from it either!

Besides the waste of time and potions, I'm just wondering how do I get bosses to drop items? Do I have to be on a quest for them? Or do I have to play with someone else that is on a quest for them? I just want that minister arcane armor... (and to stop wasting time going through whole dungeons to get zero items at the end).

Edit: Also, ignore my join date of 2008. I played only up to maybe lv 15 or 20 back then, then didn't come back until now and my character didn't even exist anymore.
Post edited by olen on

Comments

• Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Those have a pretty low drop rate to begin with and you being 26 levels over the Boss the odds of drops aren't in your favor.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Item drop rate

Yeah, it's all about your level. That said, if you kill them enough, you will get drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga