Am I the ONLY new person here?

Options
zuzanny
zuzanny Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
I have played for 3 days now and I am at lvl 35. I have yet to see any new people playing. Is this game dying? Where are yall. I see world chat and you are out there but where? Its kinda lonely and sad not seeing people leveling up and camping areas lol.... just saying.

On another note I am a cleric with a Zeal ( I forget the name of it) I dont no where to put my points. Do I put them all in magic and some in vit? Or some in str...does str even help a cleric? I googled a genie guide and became even more confused. Second question is what skills are good for the genie. I am a full support Cleric and I would like my genie to compliment my character.
I took out Holy path for some speed but after that I am lost.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• rtmira
    rtmira Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Playing on Raging Tide server myself (since may 29th); also a cleric and level 82 now.

I had chosen to go "pure" first: getting Str to 55 and all other points on Mag. Only thing I cannot answer is your genie question. I left the genie clear for now. I know most people want the Holypath skill and lol, even you did. Maybe you can read hints at: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=281472
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't call it dying per lack of noobs, just those noobs all get to level 100 very quickly (1-2 months give or take). But compared to what the game was like in 2011 or 2012, PWI is dead; better games and stuff more worthy of attention have released since then.

As a cleric you will find Holy Path the most useful, right behind would be Cloud Eruption, Extreme Poison, Occult Ice. Holy Path and Cloud Eruption are pretty much expected of Clerics at late game, so they can have BB up as much as possible.

If you also decide to get Cloud Eruption, leave it at level 1 (Otherwise you won't be able to use it).

Attributes on a Genie determine the effectiveness of it's skills that were learned.

More Strength means Cloud Eruption gives more Chi.
    More Vitality means a higher Maximum.
    More Magic means Faster Regeneration.
    More Dexterity means.... etc. etc.

The badges and emblems and shiny stuff at the Watcher of the Earth is for giving a bonus to your genie's attributes. My genie has Lv6 emblems to give a +6STR/+6STR/+6VIT/+6VIT. Which are also used to help consider a genie build since they are pretty helpful.

Stacking the extra 12 STR on my genie means my Tangling Mire and my Barb skill Devour will equal 100% P.def reduction. So I took that into account... I didn't need anymore STR and put the rest into MAG for faster regen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • zuzanny
    zuzanny Posts: 4
    edited November 2014
    Options
    thank you all for your answers they help a lot
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The game isn't necessarily dying, but being an older game, there are a lot more endgame and middle game players than there are newer players. New players do still play however. They're just not as common as they once were.

Regarding clerics...Please refer to my guide in the cleric section of the forums. Myself and others have posted a lot of useful information about clerics there.

Genie skills. I'm going to say that this is dependent upon your playstyle.

Personally, I go for:

Holy Path. (A MUST)
    Absolute Domain. (Invulnerability for a limited time. A good button to press if *Expletive* hits the fan.
    Cloud Eruption. (Chi giving skill.) Chi siphon is another alternative.
    Expel. (Physical damage invulnerability, at the cost of sealing the target.)
    Extreme Poison. (Damage Amplifier.)
    Tree Of Protection/Second Wind. (Tree is the stronger of the two. Wind is weaker, but uses less energy.)
    Earthquake (Only real knockback and interrupt that you can really get.)

The order I listed the genie skills in are the order in which I prefer them. Some players have different skills, and different tactics. That's just my personal setup.

May I also advise getting a second genie for other purposes. Zeal has an earthflame ability which is a good luring skill...and a good skill to keep, so it may be worth it to invest in a second genie.

Personally, I have a very defensive playstyle, and I'm designed for PvE. A PvP genie, TW genie, more offensive playstyle will all generate different genie types. This is just the preferable choice of genie skills for myself.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)