R9 Farming instance

Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Suggestion Box
I was thinking about what you really need to do to get full R9 set and the simple fact is:buy it. Either with time farming things like TT or botting or something like that, or simply with cash. Unlike G16 u actually cannot farm the MoG's or GST's. There is no instance where bosses drop the primary materials to forge this gear, your only option is to buy the mats. Any other rpg or mmo i ever played you had to farm/work to get the best or rarest items and that in my opinion is what makes those kinds of games fun.

I know R9 is pwi's cash cow but don't you think it would be awesome if they added a new instance where one could farm R9 mats in a similar fashion to TT, lunar, or WS? I mean i hear they're adding an instance to farm R8 3rd cast gear in the coming update. But lets face it everyone doesnt want to be R8 they want R9. For example Nirvana is just sitting there being obsolete and all, so why not change it up a little to drop MoG, GST, and maybe rep badges because they would relevant.

Also, i realize that pwi is never gona really do this because their main concern is profit, naturally, but think about this then; the people who already cashed R9 will continue to cash and the lazy people in this world will even go so far as to buy R9 even after an instance for farming it exists. Some people may say, "im not lazy i just don't have time to farm that and i want good gear". Well fine, but my point still stands that some of you will continue to opt to cash when farming is on the table.

One last thought on the matter, people might argue that cashers will QQ about players being able to farm R9 because now they will be able to get on an even playing field with them and "see how noob they really are". But seriously people thinking that are just mad they didn't get to cash their R9 yet. Really gear is the tip of the iceberg in terms of being OP. Spirit is in my opinion a much overlooked stat when people think about how OP someone is. Not to mention they cash their way to other things that will put them leauges ahead of you still.
Post edited by Tsukishi - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Technically all items needed for r9 are obtainable ingame. Problem is that you cannot get enough in a year for 1 toon. The MoGs I believe are awarded as TW prize, 1 faction monthly. The chips are from bh, cube etc.

Yes the major problem with this game is everything you need for endgame is predominantly cash shop, unfarmable.

MoG used to be a dq reward 50k points each.
  • OFate - Heavens Tear
    OFate - Heavens Tear Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Technically all items needed for r9 are obtainable ingame. Problem is that you cannot get enough in a year for 1 toon. The MoGs I believe are awarded as TW prize, 1 faction monthly. The chips are from bh, cube etc.

Yes the major problem with this game is everything you need for endgame is predominantly cash shop, unfarmable.

MoG used to be a dq reward 50k points each.

I'm just getting the feeling that PWI does not care about what we... think anymore... and it's not about getting OUR money, since.. well they've already gotten it.

Their goal is to grab the $$ from those still ... naive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ying - 101 Sage Venomancer RB2 // No Alts // Perfect World Player Since: May 2008
  • Rapeaxe - Harshlands
    Rapeaxe - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    But what advantage does this give people? PvP, yeah, it is unfair. But since that can also be situational (if the guy wiht the gear is not logged on but people your gear level, it is ok, and a gamble).

PvE are there certain lands / dungeons that can not be done without this gear? If not, I see no problem. I have no problem enjoying the lore, lands, dungeons, and content in "undergeared" stuff... *shrug*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukishi - Dreamweaver
    Tsukishi - Dreamweaver Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    PvE are there certain lands / dungeons that can not be done without this gear? If not, I see no problem. I have no problem enjoying the lore, lands, dungeons, and content in "undergeared" stuff... *shrug*

Im just G16 with +6 refines and incomparable garnets and no instance seems impossible i just meant that it's fun to be to get the best end game gear. And in my opinion G16 can match R9 in terms of effectiveness. I was just thinking that many other simliar games i've played I had grinded and worked to get the rare/best items and gear and enjoyed that and thought that this game could have it too xD

also, i realized i kept saying SoW when i meant MoG's b:surrender