Venomancer PVP Discussion and Videos

1235»

Comments

• SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dun want this thread to die entirely, n I have uploaded a few more videos. Tbh I think most people are still getting around the new expansion still. But trying to improve on my veno as well as playing a bit on my archer to mix things up makes it even more messy for my part. Tho I admit to beign rather suicidal on both characters.

As for shielding(answering that old post): Sometimes Bramble hood + Blazing Barrier will be the combo to save you, even from really high end geared people. So keep them close to heart ;3
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello veno frienz:

I am back to talk a lot again.

How has the expansion changed your style of playing?

Things I'm trying to adapt to:

Barbs and BMs are no longer free debuff sponges. If you approach them at melee range, they will paralyze you.

Sins have skill activated APS that benefits from Chill, and all the skill animation looks the same to me. Hard to distinguish one skill from another.

I can't find many uses of the new Primal fox form skills for Sage venos, but I'll work on that. Grudge Strike doesn't seem like anything worth going melee range for. Malefic Crush is by far my favorite Primal skill. AOE paralyze is good, even if it is for 2 seconds. It is very useful in TW or Capture the Flag (I forgot the name of this game mode) in NW. Stunning Blow... well, I had 60 dex and used 2 Physical accuracy rings. I wasn't missing Stunning blow in the first place.

I've also been trying to experiment with a new genie:

Hybrid Genie with 40 dex

It has expel since there is no way to combat paralyze. Faith to resist purge. 60% badge. Elemental weakness because I tag team with wizard (works well with undine stacked).

Really too bad that there isn't enough affinities for holy path.

This weekend people in faction got noisy about PK, and that's a good thing! i was able to gauge how my maxed out defense and attack passives benefited me.

Blackup (because we have a lot of b:shocked in our faction)
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Great video, I had watched it already before I checked here, though I didnt notice you switched genie lol. Didnt see you use it at all tho - other than once for fortify->feral. I been thinking about getting back to use expel as well because of paralyze, so I'm probably gonna need a new genie again *sigh* as my current is too much dex based.
    In 1vs1 against BM my biggest counter have been to do massive chi drain to make opponent unable to use the skill at all -unless using white tea of course- but that combo probably wont work forever lol.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Blackup (because we have a lot of b:shocked in our faction)
    Nice video, fellow pure magic xD You prolly got really good cards because with gear almost like mine you have more hp xd
    I see you replaced strong for protect on monkey. How does it feel? I'm still reluctant to remove pounce >.< and hesitate what to learn.

Gear up status: Just cards. I see +12 JOSD venos die pretty fast. Sharding up might not be worthwhile compared to cards..
    Ideal option would be to have both b:chuckle My damage on josd chars doesn't impress me at all b:surrender but cards may take forever to get. Sharding is more reliable at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello veno frienz:

On BMs
    It's tricky to fight BMs. You can split them into 2 categories though. Str genie BM and survival genie BM. A str genie BM has occult ice as a backup stun. Those are trickier to counter if you let them get close to you, but they also die much easier due to lack of survival on genie. The survival genie BMs will give a longer fight, but are more predictable with their locks.

As a sage veno, I gain chi at range, so I try to keep my distance from the BM at all times except to drain chi or other tricky debuffs. Also, my monkey still has pounce, which is great for dealing with melee classes when I cycle through stuns. Generalizing here, but for countering locks, if they start with roar, then expel. If they start with Paralyze, then fortify. If they seal + whirlwind as part of their lock and you have nothing available, I suggest you anti-stun pot or immune pot (before the whirlwind comes).

Honestly though, if you insist full buff, a BM won't hurt at all. It's their fault that they don't have a purge pole.

Monkey Skills
    Although people will never agree which of the defense skills is better for the monkey, here is some insight. The mdef buff make more of a difference. It is scaled extremely well -- reducing a magic skill that would normally 1 shot the monkey into 1/5 of what it was. The physical maybe reduces the damage by half.

OK as I was typing this, I realized my pdef isn't good at all. My ornaments are +9 and my shards are citrine. This might contribute to the lack of pdef benefit on the monkey.

Anyway. My biggest problem on a monkey without pdef is that any random barrage in group pvp would kill the monkey.

In the end though, I would never give up pounce on a monkey. There are many cheapshots out there that 1 shot veno pets regardless of defense (preventable only by Indifference), so maximizing pet survival isn't a priority for me.

Gears
    I forgot to update, but I am now +9/+10 with incomparable citrines (+75 hp) from weeklies and arcane sky package. My neuma and meridian are also fairly up to date. That must be where you notice the HP difference. Other than that, I have mismatched and unleveled S cards on durability and longevity slots.

As for Gearing up vs cards. The way I think about it is for the price of 1 piece of gear to be fully sharded Jades, you can easily buy War Avatar C packs from other players and level two cards to level 80. So if we aren't thinking about long term, I personally would take the bonus of two level 80 cards.
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    I have been using pounce not only for the stun, but for stun and the increased attack rate on the pet. I like to combo it together with my crush vigor for even more chi drain. This would of course be causing casters purify spell to proc way faster but works amazing against BMs lol..
    I wouldn't delete pounce, the extra stun is great.

Personally I picked the pdef buff for my monkey, as I feel that was fitting my current needs more, even though I mainly see other venos with the magic defense instead. Normally I have been seeing physical classes hit my monkey more, and therefore I choosed that skill. I wonder if it because they feel pets are a bigger threat for them while mages are used to just get their purify spell to proc when the veno isn't careful or keeping an eye on pet. Well, I just see them mostly ignore my pet, but I won't complain about that. I love my monkey. Such a big difference than when I was using Phoenix.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Natural synergy for the BM stuns?
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited March 2014
    Natural Syngergy wont work. The stun from the new bash is paralyze, so any normal antistun wont work against it. Other than that, I cannot rely on the skill due to the cooldown as well you have to have pet out and in range. A lot of people aim for pet first.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *walks in and looks around*
    Is anyone still reading this thread? It's been kinda dead for a while... so I guess I'm just gonna leave these here:

NW from the other weekend
    NW from last weekend
    TW from last Saturday

Some good moments, some derp moments and lots of fun~

I kept forgetting to use Stunning Blow, Malefic Crush and Fossilized Curse ever since I put them in those positions on my hotkeys so I changed them now and I'm hoping to use them more often in the future.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINZ

*hugs Desdi's tail*

Thanks for the videos!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not to leave this completely dead, again, here's an interesting channel of a Demon Venomancer: click!

This person is from a russian PW/server but I liked their playestyle so I'm linking it. They spam White Tea/Cloud Eruption/Crush Vigor to constantly use Parasitic Nova in TW. They admitted it's only possible due to their gear (not saving apoth for IGs & not saving genie for defence only).

It might be an interesting idea for those who have super endgame gear and good cards out there or just for an enjoyable watch.

There's more channels (both Sage/Demon) linked on the first page of this thread. They are from other (official) servers of PW. There's kinda a lack of active channels of PWI Venomancers or at least nobody else linked their channels here.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2014

This person is from a russian PW/server but I liked their playestyle so I'm linking it. They spam White Tea/Cloud Eruption/Crush Vigor to constantly use Parasitic Nova in TW. They admitted it's only possible due to their gear (not saving apoth for IGs & not saving genie for defence only).
    Another thing is their gear is way more defensive, less offensive, almost all sins are aps (less zc from stealth) and there are much more venos overall, so each of them is not that severely hunted b:chuckle

And I'll just leave it here to keep the topic alive and well :D
    Full veno Flowsilver from LC (first run, some mistakes, but went smooth more or less)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOM3nI67TG0

And recent TW
    I was overcautious because of enemies 20def/att lvl buff b:sweat
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhFIu-UHyS8
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited November 2014
    Just some old footage me PKing with a friend.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPiTWelXBQA
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon