Arc defender possible issue incoming \ Accounts will be inaccessible

13»

Comments

• _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014

So I got email from PWI about that Arc Defender thing today, decided to log on Arc on my main account and find out how to disable it.
    Well I managed to find a section where the Arc Defender is.

EDIT: I had to go to Support section on the website and click on the article about Arc Defender information -.-

So it says:

Arc Defender is designed to provide additional security for your account so we strongly recommend against disabling it, however, if you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
    - Open Arc and log in to your account
    - Click the Arc symbol in the upper left corner, hover the mouse over Settings, and select General
    - Check the box next to "Disable Arc Defender", re-enter your account credentials, and click Continue

However, when I get to the General section from going to Settings over that drop menu, there isn't an option for "Disable Arc Defender".
    I only see "Run Arc when my computer starts." and "Receive updates on new games, expansions and sales."
    Am I looking at a wrong place or something or maybe it's not fully implemented yet? o_o
    I don't think I want this thing to be working partially (as in catches different IP's right now) BUT missing the disable option to go with it...
    Because that IP list you can see from Security tab is still empty even tho I have logged on my home PC.
    I don't want to get an email flag notice now when I log on from friend's house :l
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014

So I got email from PWI about that Arc Defender thing today, decided to log on Arc on my main account and find out how to disable it.
    Well I managed to find a section where the Arc Defender is.

EDIT: I had to go to Support section on the website and click on the article about Arc Defender information -.-

So it says:

Arc Defender is designed to provide additional security for your account so we strongly recommend against disabling it, however, if you wish to do so, please follow these steps:
    - Open Arc and log in to your account
    - Click the Arc symbol in the upper left corner, hover the mouse over Settings, and select General
    - Check the box next to "Disable Arc Defender", re-enter your account credentials, and click Continue

However, when I get to the General section from going to Settings over that drop menu, there isn't an option for "Disable Arc Defender".
    I only see "Run Arc when my computer starts." and "Receive updates on new games, expansions and sales."
    Am I looking at a wrong place or something or maybe it's not fully implemented yet? o_o
    I don't think I want this thing to be working partially (as in catches different IP's right now) BUT missing the disable option to go with it...
    Because that IP list you can see from Security tab is still empty even tho I have logged on my home PC.
    I don't want to get an email flag notice now when I log on from friend's house :l
    I don't think it's been pushed out yet. I think the notification was a warning, and they'll probably wait to push it for another few days to a week. I'll have to check more when i get home.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Ohhh alrighty, gotcha :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3