200 ping in green then 30k ping... WTH is going on?

Options
gakekasai18
gakekasai18 Posts: 80 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Support Desk
Im running around just fine doing my thing then bam insta lag, and it stays for hours;.l Been this way for 2 days now on Archo server.

I go and test my speed to see if net and 64meg down, 4.3 up.....

Where the hell is all this instability coming from?b:angry
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tuscket - Raging Tide
    Tuscket - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am on raging tides. I log on and within a min. It says disconected from server. This has been happening for the past 7 days for me. I have not been able to log on all day and then I try right before my TW and get on, lag was so bad all I could do was base buff. I logged out after TW and now I cannot get back on. Is it the server? I don't know my sister has not had any issues, but we don't live in the same state.b:surrender
  • Mio_miki - Heavens Tear
    Mio_miki - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sooooo glad it's not just me! b:angry 200 green ping, then SMACK, 3k+ red and no skill response, but no DC.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Read my sticky.

It's often not your internet or the servers, but is more likely your local network, software on your PC, or one of the many stops your data makes on it's way to the servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tuscket - Raging Tide
    Tuscket - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Logged in this Morning raging tide was in yellow, I still got on, but disconnected before I could do anything. My cable guy will be here on Wed. but I think it is the server. So much for 3x exp 2x drops. I am not changing my setting have I been playing this game for years with no problems.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ignore slyven he is just a fanboy who thinks no one else has ever worked on large networks or backbones. sometimes it is PWI Servers or who they get service from.
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ignore slyven he is just a fanboy who thinks no one else has ever worked on large networks or backbones. sometimes it is PWI Servers or who they get service from.

Show me a traceroute then.

Actually provide the information I ask for.

It's been the servers occasionally, but 90% of the time, I find it's neither on your end, nor PWE's. Of the remaining, about 8% tends to be on your system or local network.

If you want help finding out where the issue is and if there's anything you can do, then post the information I ask for. Otherwise, you're just whining into thin air.

Right now, we're getting occasional spikes where I am. Here's a trace...
    C:\Users\TeamSpeak>tracert pwigc2.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com [66.151.133.71]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    2 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms 76-250-208-2.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net [76
    .250.208.2]
    3 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 75.26.64.114
    4 20 ms 20 ms 21 ms 75.26.64.207
    5 21 ms 22 ms 23 ms 12.83.32.169
    6 75 ms 76 ms 75 ms 12.122.137.217
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 80 ms 80 ms 80 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
    20]
    9 79 ms 80 ms 79 ms perfectworld-10.border2.sje004.pnap.net [64.95.1
    43.190]
    10 79 ms 79 ms 80 ms 66.151.133.71

Trace complete.

C:\Users\TeamSpeak>

Notice how the packets are dropping at hop 7? That's before they get to PWE's ISP, and not in my local network either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • elwoodlightfoot
    elwoodlightfoot Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Actually it would seem it is the servers, when world chat is full of people posting extreem pings and complaints about DC'ing there is only one common factor, my own ping is going as high as 17K can't move or use skills and may or may not DC but have DC'd repeatedly for the past 2 days, So much for the gift of a 3x,2x,2x when you can't complete a run or finish a quest, would be nice if you would fix this before the even has ended, Or is that the idea? kinda the "carrot on a stick" approach...
  • Evertide - Lost City
    Evertide - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    how can it be a localization issue if people from all over the world are having same issues? doesnt seem local at all...... in this case i believe its pwe servers....

having same issues 23k ping spikes and cant stay on longer then 30min....
  • rayalonglegs
    rayalonglegs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I am seeing vacant spots all over sanctuary so I know it is not just me as well as people laying dead in Morai and in 1k in hell and in heaven so again it is not just me.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    how can it be a localization issue if people from all over the world are having same issues? doesnt seem local at all...... in this case i believe its pwe servers....

How can it be a server issue if not every single person on the server has the issue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Looking at SylenThunder's route. It's a regional router right before you get to PWI. That would affect quite a large number of people, but still there is nothing you or PWI can do for it.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • gelgamesh
    gelgamesh Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

I agree I checked everything and this issue just started.. has to be PWI servers this time not my ISP seems Im not the only one having issues eather all our providers and computers couldnt have all fked up at the same time lol Hopefully it will be fixed next patch or sooner... Its been like this sence time change update :(
    edited November 2014
    Options
    gelgamesh wrote: »
    I agree I checked everything and this issue just started.. has to be PWI servers this time not my ISP seems Im not the only one having issues eather all our providers and computers couldnt have all fked up at the same time lol Hopefully it will be fixed next patch or sooner... Its been like this sence time change update :(

It's been posted in this thread and others. The issue in with a regional router near the servers, not with anything PWE can do anything about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • alexandrefreitas
    alexandrefreitas Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can't even log in to ARC. Says to check my internet connection. Working perfectly x.x Last couple of days i've seen massive dc happening over and over again in Archossaur server...WTH is going on? x.x
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I can't even log in to ARC. Says to check my internet connection. Working perfectly x.x Last couple of days i've seen massive dc happening over and over again in Archossaur server...WTH is going on? x.x
    The issue is that you aren't able to read....
    It's been posted in this thread and others. The issue in with a regional router near the servers, not with anything PWE can do anything about.
    Show me a traceroute then.

Actually provide the information I ask for.

It's been the servers occasionally, but 90% of the time, I find it's neither on your end, nor PWE's. Of the remaining, about 8% tends to be on your system or local network.

If you want help finding out where the issue is and if there's anything you can do, then post the information I ask for. Otherwise, you're just whining into thin air.

Right now, we're getting occasional spikes where I am. Here's a trace...
    C:\Users\TeamSpeak>tracert pwigc2.perfectworld.com

Tracing route to pwigc2.perfectworld.com [66.151.133.71]

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms homeportal [192.168.1.254]
    2 20 ms 20 ms 19 ms 76-250-208-2.lightspeed.livnmi.sbcglobal.net [76
    .250.208.2]
    3 20 ms 20 ms 20 ms 75.26.64.114
    4 20 ms 20 ms 21 ms 75.26.64.207
    5 21 ms 22 ms 23 ms 12.83.32.169
    6 75 ms 76 ms 75 ms 12.122.137.217
    7 * * * Request timed out.
    8 80 ms 80 ms 80 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
    20]
    9 79 ms 80 ms 79 ms perfectworld-10.border2.sje004.pnap.net [64.95.1
    43.190]
    10 79 ms 79 ms 80 ms 66.151.133.71

Trace complete.

C:\Users\TeamSpeak>

Notice how the packets are dropping at hop 7? That's before they get to PWE's ISP, and not in my local network either.
    My trace to sanctuary shows it's a regional router about 3 hops before the servers that's having an issue. Not anything PWE can do about that, and it will cause an issue with quite a lot of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm just going to leave this here....
    1012915_852088544810492_4997790955192289400_n.jpg?oh=3c760ba8c1b93c4971a6a490fde850e8&oe=54E47DCB
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well, it's nothing PWE can do. A regional hub somewhere must be having problems, like the traceroute showed, that causes problems to many people.

I wouldn't have been able to play either if it was the servers but my ping is fine. The same as usual.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Manavich - Heavens Tear
    Manavich - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    its lc .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well, it's nothing PWE can do. A regional hub somewhere must be having problems, like the traceroute showed, that causes problems to many people.

I wouldn't have been able to play either if it was the servers but my ping is fine. The same as usual.

Actually there is a LOT pwe can do about it... They can do what they pay for and contact their providers NOC to escalate it to have the edge router reset. I've done it many times in my career. its nothing unusual.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sylhoul
    sylhoul Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Actually there is a LOT pwe can do about it... They can do what they pay for and contact their providers NOC to escalate it to have the edge router reset. I've done it many times in my career. its nothing unusual.

Total agreement. Seriously. While I realize PWI doesn't operate like any business I've ever known in my life, why don't ya'll start acting as if you are a business that cares about your customers, and find a solution, not something to blame. If this has been affecting YOUR business and YOUR customers for over 2 weeks and you wish to stay in business it's long past time to do everything you can to put some pressure on whoever owns the router(s) affecting ya'll.

But I did take your very "wonderful" advice of running some traceroutes. They showed me that south America and brazil servers are more reliable right now, with a 20% failure rate on all pings whenever I get near your network.

Please do something about this.
  • PealMe - Sanctuary
    PealMe - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    well its quite evident that pwi only cares about money and not its customers. Hell even a simple bridge how in ws still isnt fixed, you really think they care about lag?
  • azureblu
    azureblu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can't make money if people can't log into the game. IJS
    edited November 2014
    Options
    azureblu wrote: »
    Can't make money if people can't log into the game. IJS

So you're the kind of person that will blame the pizza guy for being late because there was a 20 car pileup that occurred between the pizza place and your house after he left the joint?

Some of you people need to seriously re-join reality.

Maybe I need to use pictures when I explain the way the internet works?

Oh, look, here's a video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5oe63pOhLI

It even keeps things pretty simple for you slow folks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xpookyx
    xpookyx Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options

Look Sylen, another person who, like me, already worked at a carrier/ISP, is saying the same than me. Its usual, it used to be done, it should have been escalated many time ago.

As you see, THATS THE REALITY. Not the blind eyes one.

AND USERS SHOULD BE OFFICIALLY INFORMED ABOUT WHAT IS HAPPENING

And we repeat. We know perfectly how internet works, thats why we know there is more that can be done than close eyes, shut up, and say "its not my fault".

Do you think that if this was happening to Amazon, Amazon would say NOTHING to its customers, and just would send a Forum admin to say, "f**k you, its not an Amazon trouble, go to spend your money to other online shop", but with polite words?

And i love to see, that my "McDonalds" example was wrong, but your pizza one seems to be perfect for you...

And we dont blame if the pizza guy is late 20 minutes due to a 20 pile car. I blame the Pizza Hut, for dont be able to deliver a pizza for 10 days. And dont do anything to find the trouble, dont call anyone to solve the trouble and dont say anything to people who suffer the trouble.

And if there is a regional router broken, is as simply as shut it down, an reroute the traffic. Like your "video" says. But wait, probably, that will cost money to the carrier, so its better to fu.ck people while they fix it or not, than paying to use another carrier to enroute its lost traffic if they cant manage it and cant fix it. As simply as a line of code rerouting all incoming packets of that router to another.
  • Mertrond - Archosaur
    Mertrond - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tracing route to pwiwest4.perfectworld.com [66.151.133.73]

1 1 ms 2 ms 8 ms 192.168.
    2 16 ms 11 ms 10 ms dynamic-acs-72-23-50-1.zoominternet.net
    3 11 ms 8 ms 12 ms dynamic-acs-72-23-50-1.zoominternet.net
    4 13 ms 11 ms 12 ms static-acs-72-23-3-249.zoominternet.net
    5 13 ms 36 ms 17 ms 4.34.25.73
    6 19 ms 21 ms 22 ms ae-34-80.car4.Washington1.Level3.net [4.69.149.1
    34]
    7 19 ms 19 ms 26 ms 4.68.110.98
    8 88 ms 107 ms 105 ms xe-5-0-1.sjc10.ip4.gtt.net [141.136.108.193]
    9 99 ms 95 ms 90 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.70.26]
    10 98 ms 91 ms 90 ms border2.t7-1-bbnet1.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
    20]
    11 91 ms 90 ms 88 ms perfectworld-10.border2.sje004.pnap.net [64.95.1
    43.190]
    12 86 ms 90 ms 90 ms 66.151.133.73

Trace complete.

Ping at that time is 31043

Ping for all servers on the server selection page are

3000ms Archosaur
    109ms Lost City
    78ms Sanctuary
    94ms Heavens Tear

So, my questions are:

How can it be an intermediate server if the ping for only one server is maxed while the others are just fine?
    Which server in the tracert is it that is causing all the problems?
    Why is it that it happens every day for two weeks now at almost exactly the same time of day and lasts for the same length of time?
    Why is it that PWI responds that they are looking into a tech problem when I provided all this data/screenshots if its not a PWI problem?

Sorry if some are having occasional spikes caused by an intermediate server, but this is not what most of us are experiencing