syphonfilter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Support Desk
as title says b:victory
Post edited by syphonfilter on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The link for it is typically posted by SweetieBot in the maintenance discussion thread. OR, you can check the manual updates thread in the PWE Technical Support fourm.

It wasn't that big though, auto-update should work just fine as long as you've correctly excluded the client from software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • terryed48
    terryed48 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Yes I need the manual patch link I can not download it through the arc portal. It will not work no matter what I try. PLease somebody help
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I believe I did already mention exactly where to look....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver
    Alice_Nyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I believe he, as i, already had looked there and haven't found. b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    We haven't been given a manual patch link. I'll ask about it and hopefully we'll manage one.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options

PWE didn't upload a manual patch on ther CDN this time around. At least, as of posting, there currently isn't one available.

@OP: Your best bet is to re-enable the ARC DRM platform (which I assume you've disabled), download the patch, then remove ARC again. It's a pain, but there isn't a manual patch available so this is your best bet. Either that or try sending a ticket to PWE so that they are aware.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • SysGen - Harshlands
    SysGen - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The link for it is typically posted by SweetieBot in the maintenance discussion thread.

Really? Who would have thought of that?! Oh wait, maybe syphonfilter did: here
    OR, you can check the manual updates thread in the PWE Technical Support fourm.

OR, maybe you could have checked the manual updates thread in the PWE Technical Support forum to see if the newest patch is there actually because maybe, just maybe the thread opener already looked there and haven't found it.
    It wasn't that big though, auto-update should work just fine as long as you've correctly excluded the client from software.

Thread opener asks for manual patch so he doesn't have to / cannot use auto-update for whatever reason, you tell him to use auto-update. Mkaaay.

Nice link to the old 817 patch. This whole thread you have mentioned exactly nothing.

There is no 819 manual patch online for whatever reason. You can usually try to find it by using http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_"old"-"new".cup ("old" = 817, "new" = 819).
  • syphonfilter
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Really? Who would have thought of that?! Oh wait, maybe syphonfilter did: here

OR, maybe you could have checked the manual updates thread in the PWE Technical Support forum to see if the newest patch is there actually because maybe, just maybe the thread opener already looked there and haven't found it.

Thread opener asks for manual patch so he doesn't have to / cannot use auto-update for whatever reason, you tell him to use auto-update. Mkaaay.

Nice link to the old 817 patch. This whole thread you have mentioned exactly nothing.

There is no 819 manual patch online for whatever reason. You can usually try to find it by using http://pwi-ns.perfectworld.com/patches/manual/ec_patch_"old"-"new".cup ("old" = 817, "new" = 819).

I already tried that and just got a error, but thx for not thinking im a total idoit.

And yes im not using arc and its not even installed on this computer cus its a total waste of space as a lot of ppl have already said so.

So where is the manual patch for 817-819?
  • syphonfilter
    edited October 2014
    Options
    how can u not have the patch up yet?
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Okay good news and bad news.

Bad news is... the reason no manual patch was listed is because apparently China didn't give them one for this. (Shocker) So they didn't have one to actually list.

The good news is sparkie's gonna annoy his bosses to see if they can make their own for this one. He won't be able to get it immediately, mind you, but better than none at all.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The other good new would be that auto-patching still works just fine, and since it's a relatively small patch, it won't take long at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I wonder if any of these folks have tried just bypassing Arc via the sticky. The patcher still patches the game just fine without Arc, after all.

Granted, some people did have problems patching even before Arc (if I'm not mistaken) but yeah, trying to run the patcher while bypassing Arc may have results otherwise.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I wonder if any of these folks have tried just bypassing Arc via the sticky. The patcher still patches the game just fine without Arc, after all.

Granted, some people did have problems patching even before Arc (if I'm not mistaken) but yeah, trying to run the patcher while bypassing Arc may have results otherwise.

I have Arc, but it's only there for the codes. Running my client is entirely exclusive of Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have Arc, but it's only there for the codes. Running my client is entirely exclusive of Arc.

Same. Hence my game time of absolutely nothing according to Arc. b:chuckle
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

They patched that too, sadly.. I have a comment bat I have run since the introduction of arc, this same command line no longer works
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • opkossy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    They patched that too, sadly.. I have a comment bat I have run since the introduction of arc, this same command line no longer works

Using the startbypatcher method?

If that fails there's always deleting the .dll file or removing the lines in stringtab (both also covered in the sticky).

I find it a bit odd as none of the bypass methods have failed for me even with this maint. b:surrender
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options
    start elementclient.exe startbypatch game:cpw arc:1 console:1
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    edited October 2014
    Options
    start elementclient.exe startbypatch game:cpw arc:1 console:1

OK, but I'm using the following and it's working just peachy.....

C:\Games\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe arc:1

C:\Games\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1 arc:1

Running it both on Win7 and 10 without any issues. What's game:cpw do? (I cannot, for the life of me, recall what cpw is with the client right now, but it's been a long day.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited October 2014
    Options
    OK, but I'm using the following and it's working just peachy.....

C:\Games\PWI_en\patcher\patcher.exe arc:1

C:\Games\PWI_en\element\elementclient.exe startbypatcher console:1 arc:1

Running it both on Win7 and 10 without any issues. What's game:cpw do? (I cannot, for the life of me, recall what cpw is with the client right now, but it's been a long day.)
    I don't remember myself what it does, but I always use it