[Maintenance Discussion] 10/28/14 COMPLETE

Options
sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
Maintenance will be tonight from 11PM - 2AM. There will be a small patch, and 3X EXP/Spirit will be turned on after maintenance.

Time Conversion: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141028T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes

*The Mirage Sky questline has been rewritten. Some NPC names have changed as a result.
*The title "Purgatory Suppressed" has been renamed to "Suppressor of Agony" to better reflect its requirements.
*Miscellaneous minor localization fixes.

Maintenance Question: This isn't really a question, but more of an idea. If you could come up with your own server, with it's own set of rules, what would it be? For example, creating a server in which the only way to PK another person was with a wand, while using only Halloween fashion! Obviously it doesn't need to follow any rules, so what would you do!? (Guess it is a question after all!)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Rjwashere - Dreamweaver
    Rjwashere - Dreamweaver Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Id make a server where R9 wasnt so easy to get and where the economy wasnt ruined by PWE's greed
    b:avoidb:avoidb:avoid
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    First non-human reply!

There doesn't seem to be any new manual patch for this maintenance.
    At least not yet.
    : This isn't really a question, but more of an idea. If you could come up with your own server, with it's own set of rules, what would it be? For example, creating a server in which the only way to PK another person was with a wand, while using only Halloween fashion! Obviously it doesn't need to follow any rules, so what would you do!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• kikiwikilili
    kikiwikilili Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am trying to reach lvl 100 since years ! It's so hard to lvl up in this game. I will be lvl 100 in 2016 i guess (if this game is still here)...
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Mine would be penalty free pk. would implement more versions of tw and nw at varying timeslots through the day so all could partcipate. i would lower the reqs massively for base helm and other abse goodies while increasing the coin cost alot. maybe a few other tweaks to smooth things out. b:pleased
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A server with no R9, R8R as the best gear you can get, a server where you could only log in with 2 accounts maximun, +10 as highest refine, max lvl 150, increased DQ drop rate without nerf but no botting nor earning time, constant content update and rebalance every few months, tokens for 15k each at special NPC.
  • thedoc1212
    thedoc1212 Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sparkie are they going to hand out all the rewards from the charge rewards since mine are from over a month ago and I haven't heard any update from anyone on it?
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A server where strangers actually try to talk to you, not including requests for cleric buffs. ( ;ㅿ; )
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    thedoc1212 wrote: »
    sparkie are they going to hand out all the rewards from the charge rewards since mine are from over a month ago and I haven't heard any update from anyone on it?

Customer Support Ticket, KGO!

As for the question; I don't know. let's ask the Private Servers for some ideas? In all seriousness (Fail_BM's post looks like its the setting for a pserver o.o) I don't know what I would do. Probably just leave everything as it is except add in the PK penalty is non existent. maybe make the NW necks and Rings have a lower item amount needed and fix PQ3 so that everyone receives a reward.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options

Free PK if you toggle the mode active.

Stuck to the balance of R9 vs G16 gear.

FCC restricted to 75+ by having the NPC that checks the levels do so in a better fashion.

No Rebirth update, change cards to remove one of these three attributes. Not able to account stashed, not able to traded, random. I don't think it needs all three of those, it's a bit much.

No bots.

Have an arena of some sort for organized group PVP that is instanced so people can't interfere.

Legacy modes for older content to revitalize the other lower level content, say for example that skills and gear advantage of high level gear is removed and bosses are harder. But the reward is something worth doing it for high levels.

Add some NPCs to act as a coin sink.

Add some content that requires a large group of people in PVE and lots of cooperation and would be challenging.

Add some more PVP styles in aforementioned arena. I enjoyed the different types nation wars offered and would like to see something more dedicated to different types of PVP.

A new farming instance of some sort, maybe farm cards that bind upon equip for example. It would be spammable.

A better matchmaking system for pickup groups.

That type of thing.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • orangeladey
    orangeladey Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hmm so many choices...

I'd want a slower leveling balance - so that it some of the real grindy/luck based quests are worth putting the effort in for at their level (like the Blacksmith Skill quest where you make that 2 star (cross?)bow - the one that needs the rough fur <--the grindy part (I think in trying I got 2 3star before I got a 2)) This would also require more lower level limited events. make it so it's fun to be lower level and limit the whole 'end-game' drive people seem to have.

I'd re-structure the auction house.

I'd tweek the merchant NPCs with supply - demand quests for mats and drops that are first come first serve basis for players. And have the merchants sell those mats as needed. Or if for some reason people actually buy items from a merchant it is made from their 'stock' with appropriate random star and bonus values - along with a fee for the weapon.

I'd like to see boss battles that players of that level cand do if they are smart about it.

More wraith attacks, and have them on all towns. Maybe mini-world-bosses that occur to attack.

I'd like a more 'bureucratic' organization to Archosaur. No catshops in the streets - perhaps a bazaar where you get a 'booth' to set up your catshop - especially if it can group similar inventories. Fines if you loiter near NPCs while flying/mounted (or zones where those are canceled automatically.)

I'd like more storage.

I'd see about reinstating player housing (or was that never implemented way back before the american version?) Perhaps the extra storage can be in the 'housing'. A stable to keep extra mounts.

And finally ...

Could I muck with scale? So many things just seem so out of proportion, needlessly huge buildings and high ceilings, the our run animation just seems like it doesn't scale to distance covered... Archosaur has enough buildings for a small town, the small 'villages' are more like homesteads. Travel between the three main cities in a 'realistic' world should take more than a gametime day...

Hmm, and a last wish/extension to scale is that my mini-map would have a weapon range indication - and I'd fix range, because measurements in-game don't seem to line up. (Take run speed, figure the seconds to run your archer's fire range and it's further than you can actually fire by a margin.

...Just how high (in in-game meters) are our characters?)

EDIT:
    And I'd go in and correct some of the horrible translations. Get the grammar fixed. Consistent spelling of names. Make the NPCs not contradict themselves or have their voice suddenly out of character.
    ♪ "Once I thought the World was made for me"
    ♫ "Once I thought experience was Free"
    ♪ "Never knew you had to pay the Price"
    ♫ "Then I found you sometimes pay it Twice!"
    --The Fraggles of Fraggle Rock
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    make fc for lvl 90+

make it so world bosses would give their drops to the person or team that first attacked it, that way we don't have those pricks jumping in when someone is already at it but that should be for all monsters too lol

put a limit on gold prices

and for the pker's have a special tower like building for them to compete in. but each floor should have lvl restriction that way there arent people jumping lower lvls or undergears people should fight people their own lvl and ****.

remove earning time and change the autocult so people can use it to gain exp and spirit since the picking uip of coins and items is what people are crying so much about..that would be a good server the rest people already mention up there
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would copy this server and add an npc with mega coin sink to fix economy, npc will have dot, dod, sot, wings of acension, etc. it would stable prices + market, something so easy that pwi can't seem to understand.
    2nd

I would create "raid" style instances, group of 50+ people needed for it, bosses will be uber strong and have over 1 billion health. They would drop awesome stuff like s card, s+ card, or r10. (Hey pwi great way to introduce stuff and keep your player base! Not like your listening!)

edit: also i would update the class balance on my server monthly cause pwi class balance is one of the worst balance games i've played.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch.

If I made a server I'd be a little interested in having an auto-class balance update system in which combat stats across all classes were monitored and skills stats were continuously tweeked in an automated fashion. A simple version could be a class-specific spirit buff. I'd have to make a smart heuristic for damage dealt / tanked / heals / buffs / debuffs. Would be interesting to see what effect that would have on the less popular classes.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options

The latest manual patch is here: Patch 816-817
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: This isn't really a question, but more of an idea. If you could come up with your own server, with it's own set of rules, what would it be? For example, creating a server in which the only way to PK another person was with a wand, while using only Halloween fashion! Obviously it doesn't need to follow any rules, so what would you do!? (Guess it is a question after all!)

oVenusArmanio pretty much covered what I would do on my own server as well. V

Free PK if you toggle the mode active.

Stuck to the balance of R9 vs G16 gear.

FCC restricted to 75+ by having the NPC that checks the levels do so in a better fashion.

No Rebirth update, change cards to remove one of these three attributes. Not able to account stashed, not able to traded, random. I don't think it needs all three of those, it's a bit much.

No bots.

Have an arena of some sort for organized group PVP that is instanced so people can't interfere.

Legacy modes for older content to revitalize the other lower level content, say for example that skills and gear advantage of high level gear is removed and bosses are harder. But the reward is something worth doing it for high levels.

Add some NPCs to act as a coin sink.

Add some content that requires a large group of people in PVE and lots of cooperation and would be challenging.

Add some more PVP styles in aforementioned arena. I enjoyed the different types nation wars offered and would like to see something more dedicated to different types of PVP.

A new farming instance of some sort, maybe farm cards that bind upon equip for example. It would be spammable.

A better matchmaking system for pickup groups.

That type of thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • becky19812009
    becky19812009 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would create a server where quest gave more xp n coins, nw 2 times a day on friday n sunday morning time n nighttime. I would also create a map where u cud farm every type n kind of mat u need except tt, I would also create a bot map where mobs spawn according to players who enter map, I wud create npc that u can sell any mat to for highest catshop prices, I wud createa map u can farm warsong mats from. I wud also create a dueling map w/o loosing items. I wud also make npc u can makeboth type of tokens using dq mats the amount wud depend on the item n lvl which u can use items. I wud also make tt mats drops 3x more in each tt. I wud turn fcc into an weekly event like the assault on arch but in fcc. I wud make an npc u cud buy gold from 1 mil in coins =20 gold once a week. I wud marriage n divorce free on this server. I wud also make this server have weekly codes for lower lvl ppl to get mounts, flyers, n higher lvls get refining gifts i wud make this server catshop free I wud make this server where gears n thingz u need n use everyday easier to make except g16 n r9 cuz that is endgame gear. I wud also have real live gms on server to help with in game questions so ppl cud trust the advice they r getting im so tired of seeing ppl mess wit noobies by telling them wrong things just to mess up their toons its so childish.
  • Noxioua - Lost City
    Noxioua - Lost City Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would copy this server and add an npc with mega coin sink to fix economy, npc will have dot, dod, sot, wings of acension, etc. it would stable prices + market, something so easy that pwi can't seem to understand.
    2nd

I would create "raid" style instances, group of 50+ people needed for it, bosses will be uber strong and have over 1 billion health. They would drop awesome stuff like s card, s+ card, or r10. (Hey pwi great way to introduce stuff and keep your player base! Not like your listening!)

edit: also i would update the class balance on my server monthly cause pwi class balance is one of the worst balance games i've played.

PWI makes no decisions. All game changes must be approved by Wanmei. Don't forget, we aren't Russia. We aren't "fully licensed" to do what we please whenever we please. We are a subsidiary.

Although a coin sink NPC would be nice; those items are too representative of NPC's in Pservers. We do NOT need those items so freely available. It would destroy whatever balance is left. Also that would probably destroy some merchants who sell the things required for that stuff.

Again; the balance is done by Wanmei. R9 is A LOT harder to obtain over there, they did not make it so China would be able to CS it. We can CS it because lets be honest, it generates $$. I mean, China may have head the old stereotype that "Americans are lazy" in mind when they decided to have it CS able.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Id make a server where R9 wasnt so easy to get and where the economy wasnt ruined by PWE's greed
    My idea would be along the line of idea's such as this.
  • Father_gold - Sanctuary
    Father_gold - Sanctuary Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    pk is only active within 10-level level bands (105 can't pk below 95 toons) on the open maps.

trials would give rewards that would scale to base level AND make it worthwhile for members to participate (each trial nets you 1 or 2 badges, scaling amounts of either r8r mats or those dragon's den mats). there would be a minimum attendance in order to activate the trials (hedges out people filling faction with alts, and or running without benefiting most members)

FCC restricted to 75+, tweak boss behavior and abilities to add anti-aps, add hard mode for 100+ each boss is vile and you get a badge for each. end boss reward buffed for hard mode.

redo nirvana with increased difficulty. restrict to once a day, change rewards to supply tokens(or c/b-packs) and also randomized shards. 100 key quest would give a ton of supply tokens(or a-packs/chests maybe) or fairly decent shards.

tweak the difficulty on TT, tweak the drop tables a bit and add some more variety to boss behavior that would force squad play.

make new/better/more varied ornaments/capes/helms that are farmable and craftable and not available in the cash shop that are equally viable for use.

create some new gosh darned genie skills, expand upon genies in general.

make an underwater instance
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Proper BH and FC '' http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1711441 ''
    Removed botting
    Actual active GM's
    Spam/immature talk/drama on wc and in squads penalties
    No squads in NW (would probably fix flame nation)
    ALL skills can be made with either obp/pof/tokens means none of that rare drop in FSP nonsence
    Removed ''throwing in air for whatever reason'' in warsong badge run's
    Added Sot and Abba as bh I
    Server ''sort of merge'' where everyone can be in same place do bh's and everything but event's work only depending on what server you are on
    Current quest and Available quest tab's show lvl of quests and area of where quest is picked like
    Swiftwind
    lvl ##-##
    *questlist*

Lvl ranged pk or no drop's after killed
    Not blindingly overpriced +11 and +12 orb's
    Your own personal title and you can pick bonus from whatever titles you did.
    No 4 people requirement for TT as well as no coin required to open Lunar
    More and more and more fash!!
    Bh's to match gear because it's more simple for me to solo my bh then make squad for it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    pk is only active within 10-level level bands (105 can't pk below 95 toons) on the open maps.

trials would give rewards that would scale to base level AND make it worthwhile for members to participate (each trial nets you 1 or 2 badges, scaling amounts of either r8r mats or those dragon's den mats). there would be a minimum attendance in order to activate the trials (hedges out people filling faction with alts, and or running without benefiting most members)

FCC restricted to 75+, tweak boss behavior and abilities to add anti-aps, add hard mode for 100+ each boss is vile and you get a badge for each. end boss reward buffed for hard mode.

redo nirvana with increased difficulty. restrict to once a day, change rewards to supply tokens(or c/b-packs) and also randomized shards. 100 key quest would give a ton of supply tokens(or a-packs/chests maybe) or fairly decent shards.

tweak the difficulty on TT, tweak the drop tables a bit and add some more variety to boss behavior that would force squad play.

make new/better/more varied ornaments/capes/helms that are farmable and craftable and not available in the cash shop that are equally viable for use.

create some new gosh darned genie skills, expand upon genies in general.

make an underwater instance

Sign me up.....i await this server. You rock. SOLID GOLD!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A server where everyone is a pink fluffy bunny and we chase unicorns over rainbows for fun.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Maybe a server where you can see your helmet and capeb:laugh
  • c44102
    c44102 Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I would want a server with prices set on stuff where its you decide to sell a item it has a set price. Like if u put stuff in Ah the price would auto be set. And if u put a item in a catshop same thing. Gold would be set at 2 mil per gold as max. You can actualy farm end game for the people who take the time to do it. In a reasonable amount of time of lets say 4 months. No multi clienting at all on this server. No cards !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honetly there not needed they give to much anyway. No Botting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! World Bosses spawn every 30 min this way everyone can make there end game gems. There would be areas that u can free PK and your auto in pk mode while there. And other areas where u cant. It would be a mix of pvp and pve server.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The Low/Beginning/Intermediate Dragon Quest items used to be and should be now worth MORE than 1 coin. Thanks for your attention and concern b:thanks
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Maintenance will be tonight from 11PM - 2AM. There will be a small patch, and 3X EXP/Spirit will be turned on after maintenance.

I would put limit on gold price. Also I would put a 15 teleacoustic limit per account per day. Stop the drama llamas in their tracks and stop the greed. b:victory
  • Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide
    Sir_Wolfman - Raging Tide Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'd remove the pk penalties, get rid of both botting system and earning time, make it possible to get absence notes. Also I'd make it so the best armor in the game couldn't be bought. Seriously the best gear and tomes in the game should be something you have to earn within the game itself. The second best should be able to be bought for those who are impatient. I'd probably revamp the veno daily the current one just sucks. I would add the mysterious pages to make books that are currently only made by tokens to an instance. All I can think of atm.
  • VitoryXXX - Archosaur
    VitoryXXX - Archosaur Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Oh i forgot to mention that gm's that will watch over everything wont get more greedy over time and start adding nonsense that require more and more gold.
    And no useless system messages that nobody cares about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mystic's Never Die~ Y☯utube---http://tinyurl.com/pqu55ut
    First 105-105-105 Mystic in Archosaur Server// 100-XX-XX Sage Mystic//102-102-102 Demon Assassin And 100-XX-XX Sage// 101-100-102 Sage Seeker//100-100-102 Demon Blademaster
    100-100-102 Demon Psychic
    100-100-100 Sage Cleric//100-100-101 Sage Stormbringer//100 Demon Duskblade
    And other alt's i don't play~
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options