Do I need to feed Mounts

Options
xuelian
xuelian Posts: 33 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Dungeons & Tactics
Just wondering...do i need tho feed them with pet food at all? i just got a lvl1 mount...like 1st time ever... :( normally when i buy them they all lvl11 so...what should i dob:surrender ty for your help
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You do need to feed your mount for it to gain loyalty and thus earn EXP to level up. Ideally, you'd get your mount to 500 loyalty so it gains the most EXP over time that it can and use a tome to ensure it doesn't get hungry while you're on it.

Once the mount reaches level 11, the only benefit to keeping it fed will be that there's a lower chance of it desummoning when you're attacked while riding it. Of course, if you're on a PvP server, you may actually want to let it starve and lower its loyalty at that point so that you don't wind up helpless on your mount if you're randomly attacked while riding it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    xuelian wrote: »
    Just wondering...do i need tho feed them with pet food at all? i just got a lvl1 mount...like 1st time ever... :( normally when i buy them they all lvl11 so...what should i dob:surrender ty for your help
    Mounts need to be feed until their window is a normal color. The lvl increases with time out (standing riding etc). They will continue to get hungry unless or until you aquire a tome. Look up how to get a tome in the guide/wiki section. I hope this helps. The only pets that don't get hungry are the all-class companion pet that just follows the player and the Mystic summons. Kbye b:bye
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    The mystic summons do get hungry... for Chi. b:angry

But yes, if you want to easily level a pet do the following:
    - Get and equip any mystical tome. (The cheap ones can be gotten for around 2 million - it costs 160 tokens and 3 mystical tome fragments to make a new one in 1000 Streams)
    - Buy 5x water, 5x peanut oil from a pet manager
    - Hatch the pet if you haven't already
    - Use the pet so that you are riding it
    - Feed it the water first. After feeding it takes about a minute for feeding to cool down, so this takes a while
    - Feed it the peanut oil after the water. This should push the pet loyalty to over 500.
    - Park your character, mounted, in the realm of reflection overnight.
    - When you wake up, pet will be lvl 11.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • xuelian
    xuelian Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    b:thanksb:thanks

I see...thank you guys for explaining it to me~~b:kiss i got it now~