Seeker Genie Builds

Options
belnor
belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Seeker
So I was curious what other seekers out there are using for their PVP and PVE genies.

Right now I've got two Zeals that are both 72/100 lucky points.

PVE has Holy Path, Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Earth Flame, Cloud Erruption, Alpha Male
PVP has Holy Path, Absolute Domain, Tree of Protection, Occult Ice, Badge of Courage, Law Breaker

I'm pretty happy with the skills on the PVE genie but would probably add Tangline Mire if I got a better genie.

I'm still playing with what the PVP genie has. I've found Occult Ice pretty useful but still up in the air about Badge of Courage and Law Breaker.

Would love to hear what skills other seekers have on theirs and why they have them.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kitty's luck used to be terrible so she only had something like 5X/100 genie. Kitty had Cloud Eruption lvl 1, AD lvl 10, Expel lvl 10, Tangling Mire lvl 10 and Occult Ice lvl 10 on it as Kitty's genie was mainly for PVE-use.

Kitty left CE at lvl 1 to be able to use it more frequently and to be able to use TM soon after. Kitty had no Holy Path on it as pulls Kitty did didn't need any extra speed and Unfetter covered for Vac-pulls. Occult Ice was on the genie for times when Kitty went to NW on that seeker. Good way to stop those effin stun-locks. And to be a CCer too. b:cute

It was something like 50 vit., 55 mag and rest to str-genie if Kitty recalls correctly.

Kitty also had another genie solely for Power Rankings. It had Extreme Poison, Frenzy, ToP(as filler skill) and TM(Kitty also used this genie as debuffer-genie for some bosses) if Kitty remembers correctly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I got 2 main genie here

my first one is for pve and also in some pvp situation where having chi or a damage immunity is better then faith
    Holy path, absolute domain, cloud eruption, tangling mire, heart of steel and fortify.
    This is pretty much a all around genie that helps for anything.

my second genie is only for pvp an i use it for bridge battle in nw, TW a lot and 1v1 vs cleric, psy, sin, bm and mystic.
    Its skill are Faith, holy path, heart of steel, tangling mire, fortify, extreme poison
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • belnor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thank you both for your responses. I have not ever tried Faith on a genie. Do you just lead out with it when engaging those classes? It really has some high requirements for it too. I might play around with it. I have another genie that's not as good but is blank.

Has anyone tried Eruption Fist? Is it useful? Is it worth having over other skills?

I think I might switch out Tangling Mire and Heart of steel for Badge of Courage and Law Breaker. Just to see if those work well.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mix of pve/TW in 1 genie x,x

holy path, tangling mire, fortify, frenzy, cloud eruption, expel, extreme poison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • belnor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mix of pve/TW in 1 genie x,x

holy path, tangling mire, fortify, frenzy, cloud eruption, expel, extreme poison

Wow that's a pretty good genie. Still working on getting something better than the ones I've got.

I did try out "Heart of Steel" with Sunday's NW. Had some luck with it. Well except for one map where I had a cleric and psychic duo that was a little more than I could handle.

So reading the description for "Frenzy" it lowers the defense and resistances. Can this be treated like "Sacrificial Slash" where the debuff can be transferred with QPQ?
  • bobboberts
    bobboberts Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    belnor wrote: »
    So reading the description for "Frenzy" it lowers the defense and resistances. Can this be treated like "Sacrificial Slash" where the debuff can be transferred with QPQ?

Frenzy doesn't work like sac slash, because it's one icon for the attack boost and defense reduction and acts as a buff unlike sac slash which is one attack level buff and one defense level debuff.
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    PVP Genie is a Zeal genie with enough magic and stats for an absurd recharge rate. Skills are.

Absolute Domain
    Faith
    Fortify (lvl 1 ofc)
    Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    Heart of Steel

I found that at endgame pvp the biggest issue I was running into was seeker's lack of anti-stuns when compared to other classes. Thus, I made a genie that filled in that gap. Also, you have to be 105 to be able to get domain and faith on the same genie.

PVE Genie is a Zeal with also a very fast recharge also.

Earth Flame - To lure (should just get rid of this)
    Cloud Eruption
    Holy Path
    Tangling Mire
    Absolute Domain
    edited October 2014
    Options
    belnor wrote: »
    Wow that's a pretty good genie. Still working on getting something better than the ones I've got.

I did try out "Heart of Steel" with Sunday's NW. Had some luck with it. Well except for one map where I had a cleric and psychic duo that was a little more than I could handle.

For QPQ and this is when you actually have a good few seconds to pull it off, i use it with crimson soul powder, fortify and then the other seeker goodies.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you actually have enough time to stack all those then QPQ them before dying in pk then your opponents are doing something wrong.

I actually stopped using crimson soul powders on Lost City because people would see me doing it and immediately drop me before I could QPQ it. These days I have just enough time to use sacrificial slash and QPQ it before people notice and hit me, but that's just my experience.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If you actually have enough time to stack all those then QPQ them before dying in pk then your opponents are doing something wrong.

I actually stopped using crimson soul powders on Lost City because people would see me doing it and immediately drop me before I could QPQ it. These days I have just enough time to use sacrificial slash and QPQ it before people notice and hit me, but that's just my experience.

It's not based on time as much as it's based on speed. You're also much easier to notice and be disposed of if you're just tossing debuffs randomly (and thus probably at the wrong times too) than if you use them during an opening. If you have the primal QPQ and Sac slash then speed should be no issue to you (though I'd understand if you didn't aswell, for cancelling purposes).

Since you said that you can use Sac and QPQ before being noticed, then you should also be able to use Sac Crimson QPQ without issues (and fortify aswell, with the bonus of having EP added too if you want). It depends on your clicking order (or hotkeying, but I click mainly, as that's my most used style) but one thing you should note is you can press sac slash then crimson and then qpq without any issues timing wise (crimson will activate right as sac slash finishes and then qpq will pop aswell, so the time is basically the same), not to mention you can easily toss genie debuffs in while channelling those seeing as those can be used during other things no problem (and only come with a short delay between them if you use multiple ones).

I don't know if I can remember my genies as they exactly were, as I haven't logged on in a while. Off the top of my head it was something like:

A 89/100 longevity used for 1v1 PvP purposes (though I used it for more than that but it was the best for 1v1's):
    Dex built as far as I remember and
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Badge of Courage
    Extreme poison
    Remove Paralysis
    Will Surge
    And level 1 Fortify

Was mainly those times when my timing was at its peak so having a genie that could handle stuns etc was the most fitting for me.

Holy Path is self explanatory;

Absolute domain was pretty handy for resisting damage in critical situations back then (as this genie is quite old);

Badge of Courage would be used to break out of stuns, mostly when breaking a stunlock was crucial or when being stunned would be too dangerous due to certain incoming combos;

Extreme Poison is pretty self explanatory too;

Remove Paralysis is a skill I got later on due to fights with sins that had Tidal as their daily source of nourishment along with tackling slash;

Will Surge is something I got mostly to practice and because I didn't have it, though it was handy when it came to getting hit by nova/thicket/gale force and other freeze-seals as well as preventing certain foes from turning the fight around by tossing that one seal before they drop;

Fortify was used for stun resisting really often, I'd say it was my most used skill infact. I would also use it for the already known fortify QPQ combo along with EP for extra damage. Though more often it would be used to do both things simultaneously.

Next up~

A 87/100 infliction made with the thought of group PvP rather than 1v1 PvP, which also became my PvE genie afterwards:
    This one was vit/mag built with a hint of str/dex as far as I remember and
    Holy Path
    Faith
    Level 1 Fortify
    Extreme Poison
    Tangling Mire
    Heart of Steel
    as for last spot, I was unsure of what to put there, so I kept changing it between many things but for PvE I'd go with Earthquake there for soloing FSP and some other bosses.

Holy Path, Fortify and Extreme poison are the same as before;

Faith is something I got in hopes of trying something new and possibly making timing easier for me in group fights since 10 people tossing stuns around wasn't something I could always resist with the old genie. It was mostly my replacement for Absolute Domain, with the reason that relying on AD wasn't a good idea and that there are cases when purifying yourself would save you rather than resisting incoming damage;

Tangling Mire had the purpose of making those tanky arcanes easier to drop when used along with sac slash and the rest. Also had some purpose for increasing aoe damage;

Heart of Steel had a few uses (named Archers, Clerics and fellow Seekers) but to sum it up it was used to survive those classes without having to use more important resources or in a critical situation where other resources were not available. For an example let's say you fortify combo and qpq it to an enemy seeker, thus resulting in them sending that back to you. You would then Heart of Steel to negate all coming damage (because Fortify combo should be followed by metal attacks or else they're doing something wrong). Also handy for resisting a combo that was qpq'd to you while you sac slash and/or send it back;

Can't remember what I used for the last besides PvEarthquake (which actually worked quite well in PvP sometimes too). But it's pretty self explanatory as I already said above, though one thing to note is that it won't be a 100% interrupt if you have any stance on at the time.

I think that pretty much sums it up.
    I would post my reaaaaally old PvE genie aswell, but I can't remember that one at all.
    edited October 2014
    Options

i think your problly doing it wrong :S
    like mekada said, it really doesnt take much time and i usually complain about those extra 1-2 seconds to be had. (cause they all count! lol)
    also part of the trick is timing your skills and lining them up/adjust on bars so that
    1) they dont run out before that QPQ and
    2) you actually make some leeway time so that your enemies dont think your going to QPQ them
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    edited October 2014
    Options
    On Lost City, as soon as I start to ramp up any part of a QPQ combo I begin to get hit, because people know what is coming. If I stack further debuffs it makes me get hit so hard that I die during the tiny gap. Further, because I start to get hit I am forced to save my pvp pot for something useful. The biggest issue isn't with needing to hit harder, its being able to survive once I hit harder.

Believe me, I have everything lined up and timed down to 1/10 of a second. It isn't a matter of lining my stuff up better or preparation. Its more become a matter of cost v. effect. If I use those massive QPQ combos in pvp at the right time I can drop my target, so long as I don't die during. The issue is that I drop shortly after, because there is nothing left for me to defend against the onslaught with.

Its just how it is here in end-game pvp right now. People hate on seekers in pvp fast. b:cry
  • belnor
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So still curious if anyone tried Eruption Fist? It seems like if you used it after a fortify-QPQ combo you could even further drop an opponents mdef. I might have to test this out with an alt.
    Its just how it is here in end-game pvp right now. People hate on seekers in pvp fast. b:cry

It certainly feels like that sometimes in NW. I've had a couple of times where it seems like someone went out of their way to chase me down, even when there were softer targets between me and them.

Following the advice in this thread I've started to play around with Fortify some. Certainly a bad thing to get hit right after casting this but before you QPQ it off. Probably need to get some of my skills arranged better.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    On Lost City, as soon as I start to ramp up any part of a QPQ combo I begin to get hit, because people know what is coming. If I stack further debuffs it makes me get hit so hard that I die during the tiny gap. Further, because I start to get hit I am forced to save my pvp pot for something useful. The biggest issue isn't with needing to hit harder, its being able to survive once I hit harder.

Believe me, I have everything lined up and timed down to 1/10 of a second. It isn't a matter of lining my stuff up better or preparation. Its more become a matter of cost v. effect. If I use those massive QPQ combos in pvp at the right time I can drop my target, so long as I don't die during. The issue is that I drop shortly after, because there is nothing left for me to defend against the onslaught with.

maybe their just more keen on seeker potential b:avoid i guess every server has their priority list b:chuckle